Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman (38949 Views)

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police / Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Digmygold: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nigerian Police needs mental and.intellectual reform. Lol
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Fego50(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Personally as a defence attorney, it would seem, the charge is basically meant to put a legal leeche on the accused neck, not because there is any substance in the charge.

The law under which the charge is brought, to my mind never contemplated the cyberspace to mean "public", it would have made more sense if the charge is brought under the Cybercrime Prevention and Prohibition Act 2015. The Ogun State Criminal Code was made far before the advent of WhatsApp.My humble opinion though.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by eventainment(m): 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:
Aisha Buhari Good morning my sugar baby.
Weldone sir
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by philiancoop(m): 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
dazzlingd:

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

249. Idle and disorderly persons
The following persons‐
(a) every common prostitute‐
(i) behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;
(ii) loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of
prostitution;
(b) every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or
causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do;

Lalasticlala

Lool

������
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by philiancoop(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:

You and the Nigeria Police prosecutor share the same trait of low IQ

Boss I'm just reporting. I don't think the police is right
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Gunboysavage(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
How is your baby ke? grin . Uncle dey fuckkkkkkk single mother
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

Me that normally sends and use the word "sweet heart sugar and baby girl" for one of my married female friend and she even like it

Shebi am breaching the peace in thier marriage ...

We are in the 21 first century....not some ancient days

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by bdon123(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
a sexually attractive young woman.
"he's been pumping up his pecs to impress the babes"
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me!
U talking n analyzing crap bro.Last month somebody unknown sent my wife hello babe on FB.Now her dp in fb has her n her bubby pic.So i should go n arrest d guy Abi �
Most of u nairalander are lawless n tyrants.If some of una get chance ...una go worse pass buhari.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by BRATISLAVA: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.

Surprised that people call people of the opposite sex babe, my wife, when they aren't in a relationship. Typical Nigerian misuse of words.

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Fixed: 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Even Zuckerberg did not know his seemingly great innovation will one day be a tool that will land a Nigerian in jail.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Irondome1: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:
Nigerians and wahala na 5 & 6.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by suffering: 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
This news added nothing to my existence.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by jimcaddy(m): 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
What if he claims ignorance of the fact that the woman is a married woman nko? He can say he didn't know she was married. There is no particular law to judge what he did. If he has a good lawyer, he can get the court to throw away the case based on lack of merit..
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by socialmerchant: 12:34am On Oct 29, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
FYI
''INFORMAL
INFORMAL

What of women calling each other babes? Would you say they have something sexual going as well?
As much as I don’t think it’s an appropriate thing for a man to address a married woman as “Babe”, I think culture and slangs is fast evolving and things like these are no longer seen as big deals.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by numericalguy(m): 3:58am On Oct 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

Me that normally sends and use the word "sweet heart sugar and baby girl" for one of my married female friend and she even like it

Sense far from you.
Keep yapping your 21century until they throw you in jail.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Boyooosa(m): 4:52am On Oct 29, 2021
Deivid10:

U for no create new ID now grin

Fear fear boy

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16am On Oct 29, 2021
Fego50:
Personally as a defence attorney, it would seem, the charge is basically meant to put a legal leeche on the accused neck, not because there is any substance in the charge.

The law under which the charge is brought, to my mind never contemplated the cyberspace to mean "public", it would have made more sense if the charge is brought under the Cybercrime Prevention and Prohibition Act 2015. The Ogun State Criminal Code was made far before the advent of WhatsApp.My humble opinion though.

Cyber space is definitely a public space as the words SOCIAL media potray!
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by osuofia2(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2021
bdon123:

U talking n analyzing crap bro.[b]Last month somebody unknown sent my wife hello babe on FB.Now her dp in fb has her n her bubby pic.So i should go n arrest d guy Ab[/b]i �
Most of u nairalander are lawless n tyrants.If some of una get chance ...una go worse pass buhari.
BECAUSE YOU ACCEPT DOES'NT MAKE EVERYONE TO ACCEPT IT.
MEANWHILE WATCH OUT FOR YOUR WIFE, MAKE THAT GUY NO DE RUN AM FOR SIDE. JUST AN ADVICE.
WHY WOULD A MAN CALL YOUR WIFE BABE AND YOU SIDON DE LOOK.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

I want to believe you're chatting with yourself. Or at best with a single mother.

Cause if you're chatting with a married woman by 1a.m and 4a.m calling her baby and sugar, my niggar or whatever you call yourself, a cutlass is close to your neck o

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by ifyokwu(f): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
What of married men that send message to single girls
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by bdon123(m): 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
osuofia2:

BECAUSE YOU ACCEPT DOES'NT MAKE EVERYONE TO ACCEPT IT.
MEANWHILE WATCH OUT FOR YOUR WIFE, MAKE THAT GUY NO DE RUN AM FOR SIDE. JUST AN ADVICE.
WHY WOULD A MAN CALL YOUR WIFE BABE AND YOU SIDON DE LOOK.
Lol omo u dey paranoid sha....No need for further argument,u are not a married man or hav any intention of marrying anytime soon.My advice for u sha....jst put belle no bother marrying....its not for everyone.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Konquest: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
philiancoop:
Remember that story here

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police
https://www.nairaland.com/6823515/man-sent-good-morning-babe

Here is what the quoted law he was charged with says

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

249. Idle and disorderly persons  
The following persons‐  
(a)   every common prostitute‐  
    (i)   behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;  
    (ii)   loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of  
    prostitution;
(b)   every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or  
    causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do;  
(c)   every person playing at any game of chance for money or money's worth in any public  place; and  
(d)   every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace

shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month."

grin wink
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by 746abegunde: 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Seen Trying To Shoot Dogs Hindering Him From Arresting Their Owner. / Car Battery Thief Caught & Burnt Alive In Akwa Ibom ( Graphic Photos) / Glory Nkwocha: Stray Bullet Kills NSCDC Official During Imo Army, Hoodlums Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.