Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) (47094 Views)

"Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / 10 Categories Of Muslims You Will Find In The Mosque During Tarowiyy (Aasamu) / In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by VanuatuWycombe: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
It’s to uphold the man as the only authentic imam. It’s like a power tussle. The mosque committee doesn’t want people to perceive there’s other imam.

What if the Imam has finished praying for his congregation and gone home? Will he know some others are forming jamaat?

So far the solat time has not pass, you can have several jamaat after the first congregation has finished theirs EXCEPT JUMAT PRAYER on Friday.
Why don’t they enforce such laws in all campuses and Sunni and Shiite mosques where they know what they are doing?

What is not good is to have two concurrent solats going on (at the same time)

The imam in this regard is just power drunk.

Wa ‘llahu ‘aalam.
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by LegalWolf: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
STEWpid:

At least, English Language is useful and it's Nigeria's official language (Lingual Franca).

Can your Arabic compete with it? Arabic is a religious tool on you. Your constitution is written in English, not Arabic.

English is the language of instruction in all Nigerian schools, not Arabic.

I have people in UK & Brazil that learn to understand Yoruba and Igbo languages based on their national policy to study at least one international language - You can even see them in UI. Do you know any Saudi Arabian learning to understand your local language? And besides, you're using Arabic as the only legit means to serve God, which is wrong. What happened to your indigenous language?

At least, no one is ever forced to use English language as the only acceptable language of communication to God - it is only a unifying language of diverse ethnicities in Nigeria.

Countries that are great today never joke with their language because it is their identity - even though they learn other languages. Eg. China.

This is an absurd logic, and I say that with all sense of humility and without intent to be rude. First of, you conflate issues. You started your argument by saying we Muslims fight over an Arab god and that we 'prefer to use Arabic.... at the detriment of our own language'. At your post above, you claim that we are using only Arabic as the legit means of serving God. This clearly show that you lack grasp of both Northern Muslims and Islam in general.

To address your issues, first we do not serve an arab god just like you christians don't serve a jewish god. Afterall, jesus is a jew and jehovah is a god of israel NOT biafra or oduduwa.

That said, who told you Arabic is not useful? My argument is that you don't become a slave to a people or their culture just because you speak their language. Most of us are victims of circumstance, particularly when it comes to language. I can bet it that you write in English better than you do in your mother's language! if you claim that is not true, I argue that more than 90% of your tribesmen write in English better than your mother tongue. So what is the purpose of my argument? The fact that English is Nigeria's lingua franca is completely irrelevant. We all use a foreign language much more than our native language as per circumstance.

Having established that, is Arabic a religious tool? That is a bunkum claim. More than 90% of Nigerian Muslims CANNOT hold any meaningful conversation in Arabic. Many just know how it is written in order to read the quaran. Now that brings to a point you raised above: that we only pray in Arabic. Like i said earlier, this demonstrate lack of your awareness of Islam and Muslims. Every Nigerian muslim pray in their mother tongue. Just walk the street of Abuja and you will hear prayers in Hausa. Same thing in Lagos and Ibadan. So whats your point?

And there are a lot of examples to draw from: up till recently, the Holy See conducts prayers in Latin. Go to most catholic churches and their liturgy is in latin. Does that mean they are subject to roman gods? Do you now see how not-well-thought-out your outburst is? Just like i tell this chap @Gerrard59, every single allegation you level of Northern muslims, just take a look back. The same applies to you.

On a final note, you mention foreigner studying Nigerian languages and queried how many arabs study Northern languages. Again, this shows you know little about us. But before I address that, can you compare the number of foreigners that study Yoruba or Igbo to the Number of Nigerian that study English or French at college level? the rate is like 1:100000. Some of the earliest ethnographic works on Fulfude were written by Germans. And same thing with Hausa language. Please go do research and don't just make comments borne out of hate and ignorance like gerrard59 does!
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Rexymania(m): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
Na quran him take translate that English grin

Vulcanheph:
The English self na "matter for another day" gringringrin
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by AntiChristian: 4:10am On Oct 30, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Two views? I thought there is Islam is THE ONLY WAY grin grin

Ibkhaleel comman see something. Some people are corrupting your religion down south

Why the typo? Your holy spirit dey on holiday?
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:12am On Oct 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Why the typo? Your holy spirit dey on holiday?
But your jinn is always active sha. Mumu
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Viraltrends123: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
undecided
Why will a Pastor negate what Jesus said?
Which kind pastor be dat?
What you have written is so off point.
I can't share video here on nairaland, I would have shared a video of a popular pastor negating what Jesus said, and his congregation were still sitting. I've even seen more than one sef.
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2021
Viraltrends123:
I can't share video here on nairaland, I would have shared a video of a popular pastor negating what Jesus said, and his congregation were still sitting. I've even seen more than one sef.
Well, the Pastor is wrong to do that. Jesus is the Great Shepherd. His word is law in Christianity and not subject to change by anyone.
So if the pastor says anything contrary to what Jesus said, he has simply gone beyond his calling.
As for the congregation, they have their Bibles in their hands in the language they're comfortable with.
So they can know the truth and it'll set them free
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Viraltrends123: 11:46am On Oct 30, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Well, the Pastor is wrong to do that. Jesus is the Great Shepherd. His word is law in Christianity and not subject to change by anyone.
So if the pastor says anything contrary to what Jesus said, he has simply gone beyond his calling.
As for the congregation, they have their Bibles in their hands in the language they're comfortable with.
So they can know the truth and it'll set them free
The world is changing, if someone slap your cheek, you don't turn the other cheek, you report the police, when Jesus said those that are free of sin should cast the first stone, anyone that rapes, kill etc should be punished and not leaving the person for God to punish, someone raped a virgin, she was forced to marry the rapist, rubbish, the rapist should be prosecuted and her womb should be cleaned immediately, someone does evil, and seeks for forgiveness, the person should be arrested immediately. So, the pastors are not wrong. Many churches are now accepting gay rights, because they know they exist.
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Viraltrends123:
The world is changing, if someone slap your cheek, you don't turn the other cheek, you report the police, when Jesus said those that are free of sin should cast the first stone, anyone that rapes, kill etc should be punished and not leaving the person for God to punish, someone raped a virgin, she was forced to marry the rapist, rubbish, the rapist should be prosecuted and her womb should be cleaned immediately, someone does evil, and seeks for forgiveness, the person should be arrested immediately. So, the pastors are not wrong. Many churches are now accepting gay rights, because they know they exist.

It seems you are an atheist. However, Christianity is not about adapting to a changing world. The world is not to change Christianity, rather, it should be Christians changing the world.
The police also existed at the time of Jesus. The punishment for rape and murder in those days of Jesus is as you spell it out. Arrests were also carried out then for wrongdoing. Gays also existed in the time of Jesus and I daresay they had more rights than gays do now because most Romans were bisexual.
It was in the midst of all these that Christ gave his own rules. His rules, like most other religious rules preached meekness and piety not justice and equal rights as you seek.
Christians as the name also implies are those who follow the principles and life of Christ and seek to do His will while following Him. So you see, as long as the principles of Christ did not change in those days, I see no reasons why a Pastor should change them now.
Let me expand it a little. The UN and Western world have recognized gay rights. But Nigeria and most African and Asian countries do not. By your assertion, Nigerians should embrace gay rights regardless of the fact that their laws forbid it. Lawyers will say that is an invitation to anarchy.
So it is with what your Pastor has done. He is simply inviting anarchy into his church and the very soul of his members.
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Viraltrends123: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

It seems you are an atheist. However, Christianity is not about adapting to a changing world. The world is not to change Christianity, rather, it should be Christians changing the world.
The police also existed at the time of Jesus. The punishment for rape and murder in those days of Jesus is as you spell it out. Arrests were also carried out then for wrongdoing. Gays also existed in the time of Jesus and I daresay they had more rights than gays do now because most Romans were bisexual.
It was in the midst of all these that Christ gave his own rules. His rules, like most other religious rules preached meekness and piety not justice and equal rights as you seek.
Christians as the name also implies are those who follow the principles and life of Christ and seek to do His will while following Him. So you see, as long as the principles of Christ did not change in those days, I see no reasons why a Pastor should change them now.
Let me expand it a little. The UN and Western world have recognized gay rights. But Nigeria and most African and Asian countries do not. By your assertion, Nigerians should embrace gay rights regardless of the fact that their laws forbid it. Lawyers will say that is an invitation to anarchy.
So it is with what your Pastor has done. He is simply inviting anarchy into his church and the very soul of his members.
So, are you now saying Christ permits lgtbq? Seems everyone comes with different versions of Christianity. I thought you were in support of turning off left cheek after someone slaps the right one, now you are against it, I thought you were in support of what Jesus said when some people were about to cast their stones, now you are saying they were police then, and they handled the case. You are only deceiving yourself, we both know that Christianity is never in support of gay rights, we both know that Jesus was always in support of leaving everyone to God, he was against judging people, now you are telling me he use to report people to police. We both know that Christianity is changing, in the past there were crusaders and missionaries, the missionaries were the one we know in Nigeria are the missionaries, they use to move about preaching Christian, burning shrines, depositing Kings, but now it's it's not done anymore, during the time of Jesus was there sects, now you see sectssss, so will even claim other sects are satanic, like apostolics and cele calling catholics satanic
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2021
STEWpid:
See how they're fighting over a Saudi Arabian god, culture and heritage.

They can no longer appreciate and model their own because it is worthless to them.

They now prefer to speak Arabic and use Arabic terms at the detriment of their own language.

Do Saudi Arabians fight over anything that has to do with ours? Noooo, because you're simply a SLAVe!!!!

They might start beheading each other now, adding to the current insecurity.

The notice in the mosque shows that there is a serious war and the people are timing each other.
You are not making any sense. Christianity is an everlasting astray, don't die as a Christian or any other religion other than Islam.
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by STEWpid(f): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2021
Abdulmujeeb52:
You are not making any sense. Christianity is an everlasting astray, don't die as a Christian or any other religion other than Islam.

FYI.. I am not a Christian or Muslim. I do not believe in both.

End of Discussion!!!
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2021
STEWpid:

FYI.. I am not a Christian or Muslim. I do not believe in both.

End of Discussion!!!
Being an atheist is also a belief because belief is a key attribute of any religion.
Stop being an Atheist and embrace Islam today
Tomorrow may be late!
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by STEWpid(f): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Abdulmujeeb52:
Being an atheist is also a belief because belief is a key attribute of any religion.
Stop being an Atheist and embrace Islam today
Tomorrow may be late!

I am not also an Atheist!

In Nigeria, people just believe you belong to one religion or the other. MUST A PERSON ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION?

We are so religious, yet, not progressive in any ramification.

I'll rather be worshipping a car than been a muslim. I cannot be a terrorist.

Watch international news. Any country that adhere to islamic practice is in total turmoil, catastrophe and bombing. There is no peace. Killings/terrorism is the order.

islam has lost more members in Nigeria in the past 2 decades. Majority of the Christians you see today all have muslim background.

I cannot count the ones I know personally. Also, some number of people have left Christianity since scammers have taken over the church.

If we have just 5 of me in position of power, islam will cease to exist completely, including Christianity.

Be proud of your own indigenous culture and heritage. Islam is not your culture; it was introduced to your fathers through the conquest of war - Hence, they became SLAVES!!!

They removed their indigenous names and gave them new identity!!!

I know in your mind now, you'll want to come and slaughter me.. shocked
Re: What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
STEWpid:

I am not also an Atheist!

In Nigeria, people just believe you belong to one religion or the other. MUST A PERSON ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION?

We are so religious, yet, not progressive in any ramification.

I'll rather be worshipping a car than been a muslim. I cannot be a terrorist.

Watch international news. Any country that adhere to islamic practice is in total turmoil, catastrophe and bombing. There is no peace. Killings/terrorism is the order.

islam has lost more members in Nigeria in the past 2 decades. Majority of the Christians you see today all have muslim background.

I cannot count the ones I know personally. Also, some number of people have left Christianity since scammers have taken over the church.

If we have just 5 of me in position of power, islam will cease to exist completely, including Christianity.

Be proud of your own indigenous culture and heritage. Islam is not your culture; it was introduced to your fathers through the conquest of war - Hence, they became SLAVES!!!

They removed their indigenous names and gave them new identity!!!

I know in your mind now, you'll want to come and slaughter me.. shocked
Sadly, what you don't know is more than what you know.
Do you think you are in this world for sightseeing ?
Do you think there's no hereafter?
Do you think you don't have creator?
Do you think you won't account for your deeds?
Lest I forget, Islam doesn't encourage terrorism and frown strongly on the same.
Those who leave Islam for Christianity parade the same belief you are propagating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mosque In Osun Welcomes Muslims With Quote From The Bible / Attachments On Women`s Hair / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.