Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine (850 Views)

Quantum Computing: Feedstock For Artificial Intelligence / Meet Hp Omen X 2s, World’s First Dual-screen Gaming Laptop / Alright Guys! Meet Firefox Quantum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by shogsman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Chinese scientists have successfully built the world’s first quantum computing machine that is 24,000 times faster than its international counterparts and may dwarf the processing power of existing supercomputers.

The scientists announced their achievement at a press conference in the Shanghai Institute for Advanced Studies of University of Science and Technology of China.
Despite substantial progress in the past two decades, building quantum machines that can actually outperform classical computers in some specific tasks remains challenging.
China's quantum computing machine is 24,000 times faster than its international counterparts and may dwarf the processing power of existing supercomputers.

Quantum computing could in some ways dwarf the processing power of today’s supercomputers, according to researchers.

The manipulation of multi-particle entanglement is the core of quantum computing technology and has been the focus of international quantum computing research.

Recently, Pan Jianwei of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lu Chaoyang and Zhu Xiaobo of the University of Science and Technology of China and Wang Haohua of Zhejiang University set international records in quantum control of the maximal numbers of entangled photonic quantum bits and entangled superconducting quantum bits. Pan said quantum computers could, in principle, solve certain problems faster than classical computers.

In the quest for quantum supremacy, Boson sampling—an intermediate quantum computer model - has received considerable attention, as it requires fewer physical resources than building universal optical quantum computers, Pan was quoted as saying by the state-run Xinhua news agency.

Last year, the researchers had developed the world’s best single photon source based on semiconductor quantum dots.
Now, they are using the high-performance single photon source and electronically programmable photonic circuit to build a multi-photon quantum computing prototype to run the Boson sampling task.

The test results show the sampling rate of this prototype is at least 24,000 times faster than international counterparts, researchers said.

At the same time, the prototype quantum computing machine is 10 to 100 times faster than the first electronic computer, ENIAC, and the first transistor computer, TRADIC, in running the classical algorithm, Pan said.
It is the first quantum computing machine based on single photons that goes beyond the early classical computer, and ultimately paves the way to a quantum computer that can beat classical computers.

Last year, China had successfully launched the world’s first quantum satellite that will explore “hack proof" quantum communications by transmitting unhackable keys from space, and provide insight into the strangest phenomenon in quantum physics - quantum entanglement. The research was published in the journal Nature Photonics.

Read more at finance.yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by Bannedidiot(f): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Wow, do we even have gifted schools here in Nigeria? Because this is what every advanced power did to advance. They built and founded schools for geniuses, these genius children developed and spread the knowledge they earned to research to the rest of the community. I have never heard of any gifted school in Nigeria producing a plan or even reverse engineering something already developed.
What then are they teaching our children in these gifted schools. Is it ordinary mathematics abi wetin?

2 Likes

Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by shogsman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bannedidiot:
Wow, do we even have gifted schools here in Nigeria? Because this is what every advanced power did to advance. They built and founded schools for geniuses, these genius children developed and spread the knowledge they earned to research to the rest of the community. I have never heard of any gifted school in Nigeria producing a plan or even reverse engineering something already developed.
What then are they teaching our children in these gifted schools. Is it ordinary mathematics abi wetin?
I don't think we have those schools here in the country,we do not foster talents young in this part of the world,that is why we don't have many youths building technology,the only thing youths do online in this country is to slay and yahoo

1 Like

Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by HallaDaTruth: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Real world powers don't show their advanced inventions, they don't make noise. The world will be shocked at the coming decline of China. Only a very few will understand.
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by shogsman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
Real world powers don't show their advanced inventions, they don't make noise. The world will be shocked at the coming decline of China. Only a very few will understand.
Change your name to fiction. I'm getting tired of pointing out this ignorant comments, coming decline of the current biggest raw economy in the world.
So NASA, space x,blue origin and many other dozens of American companies that boast of their achievement are going to decline too right.
In 2016 china built the fastest computer in the world with 100% homemade chips now they dominate the quantum world.
No insult intended but anybody that think a super power country like china will collapse is just an ignorant clown that don't know better.
They have the most stable economy in the world
They have more fortune 500 companies than any country in the world.
Their national owned oil production alone it's estimated at over $4t which is 4times the gdp of the African continent.
They practically run the tech world, even American companies like Tesla,gm, Amazon and co are diverting their objectives towards it's market.

So tell me how they will crumble exactly.

I get it you don't like them,some of us don't too,but that doesn't change facts though

1 Like

Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by HallaDaTruth: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
shogsman:

Change your name to fiction. I'm getting tired of pointing out this ignorant comments, coming decline of the current biggest raw economy in the world.
So NASA, space x,blue origin and many other dozens of American companies that boast of their achievement are going to decline too right.
In 2016 china built the fastest computer in the world with 100% homemade chips now they dominate the quantum world.
No insult intended but anybody that think a super power country like china will collapse is just an ignorant clown that don't know better.
They have the most stable economy in the world
They have more fortune 500 companies than any country in the world.
Their national owned oil production alone it's estimated at over $4t which is 4times the gdp of the African continent.
They practically run the tech world, even American companies like Tesla,gm, Amazon and co are diverting their objectives towards it's market.

So tell me how they will crumble exactly.

I get it you don't like them,some of us don't too,but that doesn't change facts though

If you don't understand just pass by. I don't expect someone in your league to get it.
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by Lilsameey: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2021
HallaDaTruth:

If you don't understand just pass by. I don't expect someone in your league to get it.
,..Which league?, You wey be sey if you build ordinary generator, the whole Nigeria no go rest.
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by HallaDaTruth: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2021
Lilsameey:
,..Which league?, You wey be sey if you build ordinary generator, the whole Nigeria no go rest.

You just described yourself
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by Lilsameey: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2021
HallaDaTruth:

You just described yourself
, Okay, go and rest.
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by shogsman(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
HallaDaTruth:

Look at someone who probably hasn't ever left his hometown talking to me about international relations. you're a clown
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by HallaDaTruth: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2021
shogsman:

Look at someone who probably hasn't ever left his hometown talking to me about international relations. you're a clown

So says a broke ass guy that is locked up in a hole
Re: China Builds World’s First Quantum Computing Machine by HallaDaTruth: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Lilsameey:
, Okay, go and rest.

You too

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Acer Aspire E Series For Sale / Voip / Copier Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.