Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? (3305 Views)

Im In Dire Need Of App Or Software For Stock Taking / What Type Of App Or Software Can One Use To Learn Java Programming / What Kind Of App Will You Wish Was Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
The tech space in naij is broad and still a lot of spaces to fit in.

Me and my team wanna know which apps Nigeria lacks, we are in the process of ideation.

Any ideas? What app do you think would be very successful and one that would provide a solution
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by CrownOfClay724: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
WUdec:

Me and my team wanna know which apps Nigeria lacks, we are in the process of ideation.

Any ideas? What app do you think would be very successful and one that would provide a solution

Do something on payment.
Like PayPal.

There are a horde of opportunities on the web to earn money but the limitation for Nigerians is that they usually require PayPal - which is blocked to Nigerians.

If you create a truly globally accepted Nigerian payment system, we go pay.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by G450: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
SENSE APP! Sense application will be better because even Hasorock manager mr bubu go need am

10 Likes

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Do something on payment.
Like PayPal.

There are a horde of opportunities on the web to earn money but the limitation for Nigerians is that they usually require PayPal - which is blocked to Nigerians.

The problem with this is regulation. A lot of people want to try but CBN won't just let it happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by DoggoneDogg: 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
So we should give you the idea for your app as if you will remember us when you get your $1m startup seed abi.

You get sense oo
Anybody stressing himself on this thread is a big fool.

7 Likes

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 29, 2021
Develop an app to fight corruption.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 29, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Do something on payment.
Like PayPal.

So many hurdles with payment systems as the govt is clamping on such to extort and punish those who don't comply to their CBN settlement runs.

And Nigeria has a lot of payment platforms. Paystack's partnership with Paypal already removed the barrier you mentioned
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 29, 2021
G450:
SENSE APP! Sense application will be better because even Hasorock manager mr bubu go need am

The level of stupidity that comes from a lot of kids on here is nauseating.

One should not just talk becos you feel like it.

Makes you appear senile

Same goes for DoggOneDogg or whatever the poop is called

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nickisindigo(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2021
Insurtech
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by CrownOfClay724: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2021
WUdec:

So many hurdles with payment systems as the govt is clamping on such to extort and punish those who don't comply to their CBN settlement runs.

And Nigeria has a lot of payment platforms. Paystack's partnership with Paypal already removed the barrier you mentioned

Paystack is not accepted in lieu of PayPal anywhere.

I don't know how deep their alliance run.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Sheriman(m): 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
Entertainment Application Video on demand like Netflix or ShowMax but developers will allow users to download those movies on their phones gallery, then watch it later.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by BlackSan: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
ThankYouGod:
Develop an app to fight corruption.

Sometimes it is advisable you read the post and pass by. Not derailing the trend with unnecessary comment.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2021
Your comment is not necessary. It has nothing to do with the topic.

BlackSan:

Sometimes it is advisable you read the post and pass by. Not derailing the trend with unnecessary comment.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by PlaysNigeria: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
Hello guys, I recently acquired this domain previously owned by a tech org.
Determination to build a financial service website prompted me to it's acquisition.
What would it best fit for, what web apps are currently needed in the fintech sector that I can usi it for?
Your suggestions please, need co-founders too. smiley Selah

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by adeblow(m): 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
WUdec:

Ehailing app. Uber and Bolt have over dominated the business. We need an indigenous app to come and aggressively develop and market it well.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Johnwick64: 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Do something on payment.
Like PayPal.

payment!! Seriously?? With the amount of fintech apps we have in Nigeria now.. This companies self don't solve any problem.They process payment but not everyone can even pay for something on Google playstore, problem of this payments app is when you need your receiver to also use the fintech service you use. You would have to use an app that google play store can receive from when you want to purchase a game but when you want to buy someething from another store, you still have to get another app accepted by the store..flutterwave and haystack are mostly used by small businessess not individuals.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:
Entertainment Application Video on demand like Netflix or ShowMax but developers will allow users to download those movies on their phones gallery, then watch it later.
goodluck getting a license as that is the problem with most of these apps, you'll need alot of license to man a reasonable app plus declaring what type of data you collect about your users.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Sheriman(m): 4:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Uncharted56:
goodluck getting a license as that is the problem with most of these apps, you'll need alot of license to man a reasonable app plus declaring what type of data you collect about your users.
Yeah, you are right
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by airsaylongcome: 7:40am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

And this does not already exist? Heard of Plex Media Server? Emby? Jellyfin? YouPHPTube? Clipbucket?

Why would anyone want viewers (Nigerian viewers at that) download the content to their gallery? U know we love piracy in this country. So you will download a current James Bond movie in 4K so that you can send to all your friends with xender?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Sheriman(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2021
airsaylongcome:

And this does not already exist? Heard of Plex Media Server? Emby? Jellyfin? YouPHPTube? Clipbucket?

Why would anyone want viewers (Nigerian viewers at that) download the content to their gallery? U know we love piracy in this country. So you will download a current James Bond movie in 4K so that you can send to all your friends with xender?
Users must registered and subscribe before allowing to download. I will allow them to download it to their phone gallery after they have subscribed for a plan unlike Netflix, Holo, Prime Video and ShowMax wish does not allow that. On those Video on demand platforms, you are only to download movies then later watch it on your watchlist account. Giving users this kind of great opportunity will give the Application an edge over it's competitors not only that it will entice and tempt more customers to use the Application.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 07, 2021
adeblow:

Ehailing app. Uber and Bolt have over dominated the business. We need an indigenous app to come and aggressively develop and market it well.

The central bank is playing games with ehailing companies and issuing of licenses to competitors. Only if you do it locally, it might work, depends on the location
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

You'd need licences and you have to pay royalties to the originators of the motion picture to operate legally. Netflix and others do so. They have streaming, subscription and translation deals too.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by airsaylongcome: 9:14am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

Users must registered and subscribe before allowing to download. I will allow them to download it to their phone gallery after they have subscribed for a plan unlike Netflix, Holo, Prime Video and ShowMax wish does not allow that. On those Video on demand platforms, you are only to download movies then later watch it on your watchlist account. Giving users this kind of great opportunity will give the Application an edge over it's competitors not only that it will entice and tempt more customers to use the Application.

I still don't get the value add. So I register with the app, download the movie and upload it somewhere else for those who haven't registered to download. Or from my gallery I send it via xender to everyone who wants it in my neighborhood. Why would a Netflix rival want that?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Sheriman(m): 9:20am On Nov 07, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I still don't get the value add. So I register with the app, download the movie and upload it somewhere else for those who haven't registered to download. Or from my gallery I send it via xender to everyone who wants it in my neighborhood. Why would a Netflix rival want that?
To get the massive user base. You Know that people love awuuf. Everyone will be asking you where did you download this movie from and you tell them the App so they too can download it on Play store or IOS store. People will love it. My main problem is capital and my concern is how can a person get the movie licence for genres of movies?? I don't seem to understand the licencing aspect. What do you think my brother??
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

Yeah, you are right
join us on Facebook

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by airsaylongcome: 10:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

To get the massive user base. You Know that people love awuuf. Everyone will be asking you where did you download this movie from and you tell them the App so they too can download it on Play store or IOS store. People will love it. My main problem is capital and my concern is how can a person get the movie licence for genres of movies?? I don't seem to understand the licencing aspect. What do you think my brother??

So you honestly think people in SVOD go there to give movie files away? By the time they give the files away who will now subscribe when all the files are freely available on the internet?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by bedfordng(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2021
Sheriman:

problem is not capital, for this kind of stuff, you will be in deep law suite for copyright infringement because you will actually give access to all manners of people to download any new movies.

Entertainment bloggers and whatnot will have access and start downloading and reuploading, making the movie app ecosystem to be abused.

This is why most of this movie platform encrypt their downloaded file to only play on the platform else money will be lost from both the platform and the movie producers .
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Sheriman(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2021
bedfordng:
problem is not capital, for this kind of stuff, you will be in deep law suite for copyright infringement because you will actually give access to all manners of people to download any new movies.

Entertainment bloggers and whatnot will have access and start downloading and reuploading, making the movie app ecosystem to be abused.

This is why most of this movie platform encrypt their downloaded file to only play on the platform else money will be lost from both the platform and the movie producers .
Hmmmm, my brother you have convinced and opened my eyes on this. I thought over your views, so I have now agreed. I think that is the reason behind Netflix and others don't allow their users to download straight to their phone gallery. Thanks for your help and concerned. I wish more matured people like you are on this platform who will give accurate, clearance and guidance to other people who want to carry out a project without abusing or insulting. You really made my day. I have been thinking how can I developed this kind of Application and my challenge is how successful it would be.
Thank you for this huge contribution bro. I really appreciate it cheesy cheesy
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Solomon6383: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2021
Please, I am planning on developing a Mobile Payment App that will be available on iOS and Playstore and will be able to use Globally but my research on CBN registration is not encouraging or am I the one reading fake news? How on Earth can you say CBN registration for Online Payment App which all it requires is just a virtue fund can it's registration be said to be above 2Billion�How much is even the creation of the App? Using 2Billion to register an App that was designed with less than a Million�� Nigeria is the problems of Nigerians.

Johnwick64:
payment!! Seriously?? With the amount of fintech apps we have in Nigeria now.. This companies self don't solve any problem.They process payment but not everyone can even pay for something on Google playstore, problem of this payments app is when you need your receiver to also use the fintech service you use. You would have to use an app that google play store can receive from when you want to purchase a game but when you want to buy someething from another store, you still have to get another app accepted by the store..flutterwave and haystack are mostly used by small businessess not individuals.

Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by airsaylongcome: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2021
Solomon6383:
Please, I am planning on developing a Mobile Payment App that will be available on iOS and Playstore and will be able to use Globally but my research on CBN registration is not encouraging or am I the one reading fake news? How on Earth can you say CBN registration for Online Payment App which all it requires is just a virtue fund can it's registration be said to be above 2Billion�How much is even the creation of the App? Using 2Billion to register an App that was designed with less than a Million�� Nigeria is the problems of Nigerians.

That's the regulatory requirement o! And it's to limit entry to only serious businesses.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Solomon6383: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2021
But if it wasn't register with CBN but only register the Company name with CAC what would happen?
airsaylongcome:

That's the regulatory requirement o! And it's to limit entry to only serious businesses.
Re: What Kind Of App Does Nigeria Lack At The Moment? by Johnwick64: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2021
Solomon6383:

Well in dollars it's a couple of millions, they have to place it as a benchmark so only serious business will be able to apply. Hopefully you would make back the 2 billion in a couple of years. But you don't expect them to let you facilitate billions of naira in payment without paying that huge.
With series of funding, that should not be a problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

New And Hot: Lithium Battery Level Indicator With Arduino And LCD / Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? / Java Tutorials For Beginners (some Lectures In Pidgin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.