Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed (277 Views)

The Truth About COVID-19 / 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed by kingzy02(m): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA vaccine, it has the same same structure with the mRNA in our body which consist of a (5'cap, 5' untranslated region(UTR), an open reading frame that encodes the protein, 3'UTR and a poly(A) tail). The production of this type of vaccine was conceived more than three decades ago. Just like other vaccines it is made to trigger an immune response.
This vaccine can not integrate into our genome as earlier speculated so it cannot change our DNA.
The central Dogma of life goes like this: DNA to mRNA and then to protein. This is the right flow and mRNA cannot reverse back to DNA which is the genetic material. mRNA can only be reversed back to DNA in a lab or in viruses with the help of an enzyme(reverse transcriptase) and humans dont have this enzyme.
This vaccine was made by isolating the mRNA that encodes the spike protein on the surface of the virus (note not the whole virus). When we take this vaccine with the help of the LNP(Lipid-based Nano Particles) which serve as a delivery vehicle to transport this vaccine into the cells, the mRNA vaccine produces a protein in our body, the immune system recognizes that something new has entered our body and this triggers the immune system (B cell) to produce antibodies and activate other immune cells (T cell) to fight this foreign protein. Also the immune system learns how to fight this virus and stores it in its memory cells. Incase of future encounter with this virus the immune system is equipped and can protect the body from this virus since it already knows how. The temporary discomfort experienced is just our immune system trying to react.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed by kingzy02(m): 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
You are free to ask questions
kingzy02:
COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA vaccine, it has the same same structure with the mRNA in our body which consist of a (5'cap, 5' untranslated region(UTR), an open reading frame that encodes the protein, 3'UTR and a poly(A) tail). The production of this type of vaccine was conceived more than three decades ago. Just like other vaccines it is made to trigger an immune response.
This vaccine can not integrate into our genome as earlier speculated so it cannot change our DNA.
The central Dogma of life goes like this: DNA to mRNA and then to protein. This is the right flow and mRNA cannot reverse back to DNA which is the genetic material. mRNA can only be reversed back to DNA in a lab or in viruses with the help of an enzyme(reverse transcriptase) and humans dont have this enzyme.
This vaccine was made by isolating the mRNA that encodes the spike protein on the surface of the virus (note not the whole virus). When we take this vaccine with the help of the LNP(Lipid-based Nano Particles) which serve as a delivery vehicle to transport this vaccine into the cells, the mRNA vaccine produces a protein in our body, the immune system recognizes that something new has entered our body and this triggers the immune system (B cell) to produce antibodies and activate other immune cells (T cell) to fight this foreign protein. Also the immune system learns how to fight this virus and stores it in its memory cells. Incase of future encounter with this virus the immune system is equipped and can protect the body from this virus since it already knows how. The temporary discomfort experienced is just our immune system trying to react.
Re: The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed by peggywebbs(f): 11:15am On Oct 30, 2021
@kingzy02....where your research stopped, others have gone far and beyond. You described the official position of mrna. However, I have questions:

1. Where is the mrna, derived from? They claim it is synthetic but still no information is released further.

2. Are you aware that there are fetal cells present in the mrna vaccine?

3. Why is there no full disclosure about the components of the vaccine? The Ghanian and South African Presidents complained about this. If the pandemic is critical and an emergency, why are local manufacturers not given information to produce it locally.

4. What are the short term and long term extreme adverse effects? Are the adverse effects been recorded in Nigeria?

5. What if a person experiences myocarditis, what health packages are available to Nigerians who suffer extreme adverse effects?

6. What is the current state of our health system in the country? Will there be compensation in case of death or serious injury from the vaccine?

7. Is the mrna vaccine effective in perpetuity? Or would we still require additional vaccines yearly?

8. Can the Nigerian government afford to vaccinate people for free in perpetuity? What will be the cost on individual in the long term?

9. Will continuous vaccination lead to vaccine dependency?

10. How will the vaccine affect other diseases or sicknesses that are not covid related?

11. So far efficient has the vaccine being in countries with high vaccination rate?

12. Is it true that there have been a series of plane crashes in the United States in the last 30 days, with pilots experiencing sudden stroke? Any relation to the vaccine?

13. When will the use of face masks be stopped after everyone is vaccinated?

There is still more questions but I will stop for now. I hope you make time out to answer me. Anyway I came across Project Veritas and their whistle blowers. I know it's a lot but I will like you to take an informed look at the journalist videos and give an unbiased opinion.

They did a lot of private investigation on the vaccine manufacturers. It isn't here say. Remember that what is always on paper is never the true picture. Sometimes you need to go closer to the source.

So please watch as many as the videos as may be relevant to this topic. Especially if your aim is truly to educate and kill the misconceptions and conspiracies concerning the vaccine.

https://youtu.be/FUXGB5FzhPc
Re: The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed by NairaHunter: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Side effect dey
Re: The Misconceptions About COVID-19 VACCINE addressed by kingzy02(m): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nice questions
ok
1. They are synthetic but resembles the mRNA in the body just that a nuvleotide "U" was replaced to make it more stable.
2. The vaccine does not contain fetal cells, fetal cells were used to test its efficacy and The Johnson Johnson used Adenovirus that was grown using retinal cells that trace back to a foetus from 1985 and some other vaccines like chicken pox also use this process.
3. I dont know, but I dont think there is a law stopping local production.
4. Like i said before the changes in your body after taking the vaccine is just your immune system reacting and it actually shows that it is working.
5. To the best of my knowledge Myocarditis is caused by another virus wich is not Corona virus.
6. I dont know, but according to science this vaccine is safer than other kinds of vaccine.
7. For now the vaccine has proven to be effective for months, research is still ongoing as regards this, so we will see.
8. I dont know
9. Vaccinination is not new, so I don't think we will become dependent on vaccine.
11. It is effective, number cases and death has reduced.
12. I dont know
13. Maybe
peggywebbs:
@kingzy02....where your research stopped, others have gone far and beyond. You described the official position of mrna. However, I have questions:

1. Where is the mrna, derived from? They claim it is synthetic but still no information is released further.

2. Are you aware that there are fetal cells present in the mrna vaccine?

3. Why is there no full disclosure about the components of the vaccine? The Ghanian and South African Presidents complained about this. If the pandemic is critical and an emergency, why are local manufacturers not given information to produce it locally.

4. What are the short term and long term extreme adverse effects? Are the adverse effects been recorded in Nigeria?

5. What if a person experiences myocarditis, what health packages are available to Nigerians who suffer extreme adverse effects?

6. What is the current state of our health system in the country? Will there be compensation in case of death or serious injury from the vaccine?

7. Is the mrna vaccine effective in perpetuity? Or would we still require additional vaccines yearly?

8. Can the Nigerian government afford to vaccinate people for free in perpetuity? What will be the cost on individual in the long term?

9. Will continuous vaccination lead to vaccine dependency?

10. How will the vaccine affect other diseases or sicknesses that are not covid related?

11. So far efficient has the vaccine being in countries with high vaccination rate?

12. Is it true that there have been a series of plane crashes in the United States in the last 30 days, with pilots experiencing sudden stroke? Any relation to the vaccine?

13. When will the use of face masks be stopped after everyone is vaccinated?

There is still more questions but I will stop for now. I hope you make time out to answer me. Anyway I came across Project Veritas and their whistle blowers. I know it's a lot but I will like you to take an informed look at the journalist videos and give an unbiased opinion.

They did a lot of private investigation on the vaccine manufacturers. It isn't here say. Remember that what is always on paper is never the true picture. Sometimes you need to go closer to the source.

So please watch as many as the videos as may be relevant to this topic. Especially if your aim is truly to educate and kill the misconceptions and conspiracies concerning the vaccine.

https://youtu.be/FUXGB5FzhPc

(1) (Reply)

Rate This Girl / 5 Deadly Diseases That Are Silent Killers And How To Prevent Them / How To Use Charcoal For Hair Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.