Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine (41290 Views)

Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by funshint(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2021
They caused their downfall. How can you be given money to people at very high interest with very low maturity. It's just a matter of time before people will start defaulting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Freelancerx: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2021
It is better make they free us

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by ipain: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2021
thesicilian:

But how then does the government expect the loan apps to get their money back? Will NITDA collaborate with the commercial banks to allow automatic withdrawals from all BVN linked accounts of defaulters in the event that a customer clearly doesn't want to pay?
this will work.
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Omoluabi16(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2021
Cyoung4real:

Steal and tarnish people's image Alaye why person go borrow money and refuse to pay it back? Nawa for us in Naija,ooo. Them no force you to come borrow money but after borrowing, una go come hear they open mumu thread because they are finding a way to get their money back.
Check every complaint here, it starts by 'just because I could not meet their deadline' blablabla. These people will bring their soko loan shenanigans to real life situations and still have some sort of entitlement. Or Tenants staying on for years and refusing to pay rent? People should learn not to borrow but ride through the storm.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by adeoba2008(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
I remember my experience in the hand.of.palmcredit and Paylater
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Hassanmaye(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Nairaland chronic debtors will be happy to hear this wonderful news grin

Read na. You nor go die baba
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by eedimo(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
Bastards

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Karleb(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
The fact that people support these loan sharks shows how damaged a lot of Nigerians are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Sheggy13(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2021
SpeakOutNaija:
[b][/b]

Victims should seek to be joined in the suit and they will cash out big from the fine.

N10m fine is no small money, it should be shared among the victims cos they were the causalities and not the agency. Some victims I personally know are still coping with depression as a result of the humiliations
Depression kill the so-called victims. How can you borrow money with no intention to pay back and still play the victim? That's being callous.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Sheggy13(m): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
They should have a better way to get their money instead of that messages they send. defaming their users is very rude.
When it comes to withdrawing from their defaulters linked account. They do that. however, they resort to defamation when they can't find money in the linked account.

Suggest the better way they should take when someone borrows money from them with no intention to pay back.
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Globad(f): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
According to this report. Over 100k users gave them a bad review. Meaning that they may have taken a loan from them.
The lowest interest this sokoloan charge is ₦3,000
So, if you do the maths, you will fined out that they made ₦300,000,000 from just 100k users borrowing ₦5k from them

This people make too much money to just shut down because of ₦10million fine.

Lending N5,000 to 100,000 people is N500 million o. Are you saying that the company is that big?
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2021
All these loan sharks aren't your friends. Keep off!

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by nokspos: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2021
i swear this country no be am at all, if a loan startup could close down because of 10million, then don't be surprise they can kill you if you owe them 10k. I blame the country, every body is just striving including the loan companies, no support from government . Most of the loan company also collected loan from banks to give you loan , so you can imagine why the rates are high. This country is at the end road already
thesicilian:
They're are closing up shop because of just 10m fine?

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Bakerdav: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2021
They are not even encouraging pple for loan repayment since the interest is much,how do u expect loan repayment on time, even Nigeria self dy on debt but not too much interest so the loan will be easy for repayment

4 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Sheriman(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2021
Nigerians and their act of borrowing owning a huge dept. Like government like citizens
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by 2021Humanbeing(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2021
thesicilian:

I'm surprised that as simple as my statement was, it still went right over your head. What part of that comment gave you the impression that I didn't read the article?!
Maybe you read and didn't understand. Read again and try to understand.
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Powersurge: 10:44am On Oct 30, 2021
thesicilian:

They are actually "considering" criminal charges, which may not even hold up in court considering the fact that every action the loan app is taking has been authorised by the customer, but I get your point.

I feel pity for these loan companies though, they're trying to do business in a very hostile environment (from both the government and customers). Government should make it easy for them to get their monies back without them having to harass the customers.

You do not authorize action on behalf of a third party. The people that SokoLoan sends malicious messages to did not authorize them to. There is an existing NITDA (NDPR) regulation against unauthorized access, and use of people's personal data. Let alone sending malicious messages to them.

6 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Born2conquer: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
Karleb:
The fact that people support these loan sharks shows how damaged a lot of Nigerians are.
Do you own a business? Are you a landlord??

Will you allow your customers to take goods on credit and not pay?

Will you allow your tenants to live without paying the rents when due?

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2021
Alleluia!

This people embarrass me no be small.

My prayer is finally answered

4 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by PROPEACE: 10:47am On Oct 30, 2021
thesicilian:

But how then does the government expect the loan apps to get their money back? Will NITDA collaborate with the commercial banks to allow automatic withdrawals from all BVN linked accounts of defaulters in the event that a customer clearly doesn't want to pay?
It is left for the loan sharks to figure that out.
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2021
Forgodsgrace:
if you know any viable business someone can invest at least 3m and make a daily profit of 30k,contact me .

akintundeforgodgrace 18 @ g mail . Com

And that would give you a total profit of #10.95m in a year angry

You can start a kidnapping business. With #3m, you can get a car & gun for your operations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by easzypeaszy(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

cow...am sure u r one of der customer service agent dat send ppl useless mesages...i hate u grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Karleb(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2021
Born2conquer:

Do you own a business? Are you a landlord??

Will you allow your customers to take goods on credit and not pay?

Will you allow your tenants to live without paying the rents when due?

I repeat, a lot of you are damaged. You don't only endure hardship, you now enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by CryptoClub2018: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2021
They should get out of our space. Foolish people. I'm happy those ride people that work for them will be jobless

3 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by MartinsD12(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Olalekan Fakoyejo

Source: Ripples Nigeria
That's very good, their loan interest is too high, they should look into other loan platforms too

2 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Enyimbamercedes: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2021
Very good! Loan sharks have to be regulated and you cannot resort to blackmail and embarrassing text messages to their phone contacts.

1 Like

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by idris4eva(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Now let's talk the default rate. As high as 90%
they know the risk involved in this. It's a 50/50 chance. Other fintech like branch know how to get there money back without intruding into your privacy and one thing about Nigerians is they like been rub of their ego. If you are using agidi and blackmailing to want to recover debt people like me won't pay back cos you already sent threatening and defamation message to my contact which in return they won't send another message to clear your name off the lies they said when you repay back

6 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by idris4eva(m): 10:55am On Oct 30, 2021
funshint:
They caused their downfall. How can you be given money to people at very high interest with very low maturity. It's just a matter of time before people will start defaulting.
they definitely didn't see it through. Gave out let say 30k to repay 36000 in 7 days with time people will start defaulting and that will be the end

3 Likes

Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by robosky02(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2021
In normal sense in a good organize con3 if you collect loan you have a score card where in it your house rent your every data is locked down ur transaction are watched but here your loan company will blackmail you if you fail to pay up
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by jaxxy(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Nigerian shouldn’t run down private loan companies that bail them out by lending them money In distressing or emergency times.

That being said there has to be a professional balance and better ways rather than acting like thugs to get ur loans back in this hard and toxic economy.
Re: Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine by CryptoClub2018: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2021
danniyal:
These are the Idiots/fraudsters responsible for this nonsense
on
If I meet this guy, I can't trust myself of what I can do to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE / Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.