Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road (8222 Views)

Drone Shots Of Dino Melaye's Campaign In Kabba, Kogi West Senatorial District / Senator Dino Melaye Awards 10 New Projects For Kogi West Senatorial District / Dino Melaye & Smart Adeyemi To Battle It In Kogi West Senatorial Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Karmaisme(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2021
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Under the watch of our darling daddy,almost all the roads in the south and middlebelt have turned to a death trap.

One Nigeria is indeed a very big ...

The marginalization will reach everybody.

My question to all the supporters of our darling daddy is, what is really working in Nigeria?.

The poor state of this particular road predates Buhari's regime.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Kanixt(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2021
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist

Why are you selling/ forcing this idea on others? Why stick that to yourself, cause atheists don't missionaries.

Know this and have peace of mind

Why are you selling/forcing this idea on others? Why not stick that to yourself. Do you know why? Cause atheists don't have missionaries.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by crossfm: 7:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Karmaisme:

The poor state of this particular road predates Buhari's regime.

Thought Buhari came in to solve all the anomalies of the previous administration.

My question still remains, what is working in Nigeria. We all know the answer.
I pray we get it right in the next general elections, if not this country will nosedive.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by lexy2014: 7:33am On Oct 30, 2021
lonelydora:
This is the major issue we have as a country. To the governors, they think doing the work they were elected to do is giving favour to the masses.

The masses also feel that way
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Quitam: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Princedapace:

My brother, for how long will Nigeria continue to be a unitary system of govt country? Nigeria with how it is fixed can't work. No country as big as Nigeria is is structured this way. Just for the fear of breakup, Nigeria runs a system that can't give us growth.

In 50 years to come, Nigeria will continue to be like this. It is always going to be tribalism managed central system of govt becus the center is too powerful and over burdened.

That is why almost all the regions are looking like villages. I have been to almost all the regions of this country and no region has it well. Even the so called south west, it is nothing to write home about.
It is still the same issues.. Poor electricity, terrible roads, poor water supply, dirty looking states and capitals, disorganized structures, security brutality and insecurity. It is same all over the country. This is because Nigeria's system is poorly structured and can't work for such a large populated and land mass country. It won't work.
Come back in 50 years, if Nigeria is still structured this way, it will only get worse.
An American client of mine who has visited some west Attican countries, he visited Nigeria about two weeks ago, he said that Nigeria has the worse roads among the west African countries he visited. And Nigeria is richer than them all. This is because Nigeria is practicing a useless system of govt.
I agree with you, bro. I believe this is because we are not holding our leaders accountable. As it stands currently, one cannot fight the FG directly and win the battle. But you can do it indirectly. You can't change the constitution without the legislators. If these are held accountable and governors complement that by influencing the legislators to drive the agitations of the people, the FG can't do anything about it. The problem is consensus. Even within a state, tribalism will still come to play.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by ugomsinachibia: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2021
ok
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by VEHINTOLAR: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2021
EnemyofGod22:

You're so wrong ! I don't know what happened to you or whatever your experience is for you to hold this highly blasphemous opinion about the existence of God. Whatever it is,may God forgive you !

Talking about peace, do you think it is a man invented gadget that can be bought in a mall ? Peace of mind comes only from God. Your knowledge,wealth or family background doesn't guarantee it !

Be careful man !

1 Like

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Olaolex: 7:49am On Oct 30, 2021
EnemyofGod22:

wahala be like 'who is this again'.
May God have mercy
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2021
EnemyofGod22:

please remove your coat of foolishness
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by owerrezeorba(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2021
I wish they do something about that road!!!
The road is so bad!!
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by placeofallure(f): 7:55am On Oct 30, 2021
Quitam:
It's good to clamor for development. But we should know that it is paced. There are scores of more critical roads that are yet to get the right attention from the govt. With this intervention from NNPC and other companies, let's hope that it is sustained.
Also, let's keep clamoring for extension of rail lines across the country because it will ease the burden on the roads. 2023 is clear, it's time to negotiate with the candidates on flagship projects your zone requires. The South west used this power to get the Lagos-Ibadan railway and their expressway. The north were just gathering mammoth crowds for Buhari chanting "Sai Baba", without any blueprint. The South South were in different. The South East were openly against him.It was the SW that dragged Buhari into serious meetings with relevant stakeholders including market women.
We have to be smarter this time around. With all the wahala we're currently experiencing, we can't afford jump from frying pan to fire

Yes, there are worse roads but don't say it is paced. If I get you right, are you saying this can be an alternative forgone for now? I strongly disagree. I am from Yagba West. I have been around a few decades now. You know what? Since I have been traveling home with my parents at Christmas, these roads have been like this. As grown as I am, I've NEVER seen a good road in that axis. Is it not long enough for somebody to suffer? This is not a Buhari problem. It's been like that for decades. Since Babangida as far as I can remember. The time is now! #FixOkunroads

1 Like

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Ogaga87(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2021
EnemyofGod22:

Even Satan that leads the foolishness of every fool is surprise at you taking over his seat....
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Princedapace(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2021
Quitam:

I agree with you, bro. I believe this is because we are not holding our leaders accountable. As it stands currently, one cannot fight the FG directly and win the battle. But you can do it indirectly. You can't change the constitution without the legislators. If these are held accountable and governors complement that by influencing the legislators to drive the agitations of the people, the FG can't do anything about it. The problem is consensus. Even within a state, tribalism will still come to play.

In state level, it will but will not be at the level it is in FG. FG has no buisness running the affairs it is running currently. That is why many who work for FG are just flexing. Nigeria is gone forever.
We encourage people to populate so that they can be used to win election. And this same high population can't generate money for their states and regions. And the money generated by others are given to them freely and u want development. It cant work. I personally think that the black race is cursed to remain useless because these things are very easy to fix but we have vowed to be useless.

50 years to come, Nigeria will still be worse than this

1 Like

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by ogododo: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2021
Gemid94:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/fixokunroads-trends-on-social-media/

Now na BMC vuvuzela go to tell you, bubu is building infrastructure.
Nigeria is in a mess, reason dem the kidnapp, na so so bad roads full Nigeria, wey make am difficult to zoom away.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Eriokanmi: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2021
Very bad road
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Olatemiseeni24: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2021
See the road of the state of the stupid man who said he will fix Nigeria problem within 365 days. Charity begins at home.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Lekison(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2021
The first time I travel through this road, was also my last. I almost died, had serious body pain for 3days
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Lekison(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Achico:
My good people of KOGI STATE....Make use oga Dino do money ritual use the money fix
you mean Yeye Bello
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by humberjade: 8:45am On Oct 30, 2021
Olarewaju89:
undecided

Useless Bello will be show us his nonsense achievement.

Dapo Abiodun and yeye Bello are like 5&6 when it comes to failure

How dare you talk bad about out future president. angry
He abandoned those roads in order to save enough money for the greater good. Don't worry, he will fix 'em all when he becomes President after Buhari. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Lekison(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2021
placeofallure:

Yes, there are worse roads but don't say it is paced. If I get you right, are you saying this can be an alternative forgone for now? I strongly disagree. I am from Yagba West. I have been around a few decades now. You know what? Since I have been traveling home with my parents at Christmas, these roads have been like this. As grown as I am, I've NEVER seen a good road in that axis. Is it not long enough for somebody to suffer? This is not a Buhari problem. It's been like that for decades. Since Babangida as far as I can remember. The time is now! #FixOkunroads
was actually about to say this, that road is not something you put behind other projects. It has been in a terrible state for a very long time.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by iyke2frankeze: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2021
What then do you say about all Federal roads in the Southeast? You have to run cross country in order to follow state and local government roads just to avoid death traps called Federal roads. Local governments now confiscate workers salaries to construct alternative roads to the Federal roads in their LGA.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Karmaisme(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2021
crossfm:

Thought Buhari came in to solve all the anomalies of the previous administration.

My question still remains, what is working in Nigeria. We all know the answer.
I pray we get it right in the next general elections, if not this country will nosedive.

I agree with you that nothing is working in this administration, but the problems we are facing in this country is systemic. An angel will find it hard to govern Nigeria with this current system of government and Constitution.

I pray we can elect people who are poised to change the status quo.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by Enibanks(f): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2021
honestly speaking the road is spoilt beyond repair, and they will come out and beg us to vote for them, those old fools has nothing to offer than to makes poor to be poorer and could u imagine that this same road all arm rubbers are patroling their day and night
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by crossfm: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2021
Karmaisme:

I agree with you that nothing is working in this administration, but the problems we are facing in this country is systemic. An angel will find it hard to govern Nigeria with this current system of government and Constitution.

I pray we can elect people who are poised to change the status quo.

I understand your view. What am asking for is not even a messiah per se,at list one who can give us 30 to 40 percent output of what we see in the western countries.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by ADMAF(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2021
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Under the watch of our darling daddy,almost all the roads in the south and middlebelt have turned to a death trap.

One Nigeria is indeed a very big ...

The marginalization will reach everybody.

My question to all the supporters of our darling daddy is, what is really working in Nigeria?.

Calm down. The terrible state of the road predates Buhari's administration. I'm aware cos I'm from the Area. However, its disgusting to think Govt still hasn't thought of fixing the road despite it being such an important route.
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by crossfm: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2021
ADMAF:

Calm down. The terrible state of the road predates Buhari's administration. I'm aware cos I'm from the Area. However, its disgusting to think Govt still hasn't thought of fixing the road despite it being such an important route.
Am calm now. So back to the matter at hand,how long will these people wait for this road to be fixed. You should also understand that people voted the previous administration out because they needed a better life but as you can see the system is still the same, or even worse.

1 Like

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by deetin(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2021
The road needs to be fixed , that area used to be a busy road with booming economy but now it has crumbled due to the bad roads , commuters now boycott the roads thereby making the place look like a desert

1 Like

Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by ADMAF(m): 11:15am On Oct 30, 2021
crossfm:

Am calm now. So back to the matter at hand,how long will these people wait for this road to be fixed. You should also understand that people voted the previous administration out because they needed a better life but as you can see the system is still the same, or even worse.
You just hit the nail on the head!
Re: Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road by middlebelter(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Okunland has been at the receiving end of the sentiments of Northern leaders who see them as Yoruba that must be subjugated by all means possible. Unfortunately, the SW Yoruba are not paying adequate attention to the plight of their people. GMB is a typical example of the previous northern leaders that do not wish the Northern Yorubas well in their policies and actions.

IBB zoned the Okunland under a state across River Niger and call it Kogi state that is giving other tribes an advantage over the Yoruba land. As it stands today, not a single serious Federal presence in the entire Okunland except this dilapidated and unmotorable road. Now when it is time for an election, some politicians will be referring to the place as North, check it out, no northern road is in such a state of disrepair.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only 860,000 People Voted In Kano Out Of 5.8m Voters / Tinubu’s Election, Greatest Legacy Of President Buhari – Governor Oyebanji / Jonathan Booed, Stoned In Bauchi Rally. Protest ongoing (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.