Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority (15362 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. / NASS Election: LP Claims INEC Omitted The Party's Name, Logo On Ballot Pappers / Sanwo-olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Lanrelagboi: 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
SANWO-OLU UNVEILS NEW NAME, LOGO OF LAGOS STATE LOTTERIES AND GAMING AUTHORITY

• ‘
New Gaming Regulations to Protect Interest of Operators, Players’ - Agency Boss

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Friday lifted the curtain on new brand identity for the Lagos State Lotteries and Gaming Authority, heralding a new business culture that fully protects stakers and licensed operators in the State’s gaming sector.

The Governor officially changed Lagos State Lotteries Board to Lagos State Lotteries and Gaming Authority as part of extensive reforms initiated by his administration to reposition the industry for greater efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction.

The name and brand logo of the agency were unveiled at a ceremony held at the Lagos Oriental Hotels in Victoria Island and fully attended by top government functionaries and private sector stakeholders.

The unveiling came six months after Governor Sanwo-Olu signed the amended Lagos State Lotteries and Gaming Authority Bill into law, following its passage by the State House of Assembly. The legislation necessitated the name change and new brand logo.

With the new law and a new brand identity, Sanwo-Olu said the State’s Lotteries and Gaming Authority was now poised to conduct its business in line with modern technological practices, while adopting a more innovative, harmonious, and transparent approach in the regulation of the lotteries and gaming industry.

The Governor said: “This unveiling ceremony marks a new dawn in the history of lottery and gaming regulation in the Centre of Excellence. The agency has been rebranded to set and enforce gaming standards in a responsible and fair manner. The goal is to gain and sustain the trust and confidence of all operators and stakeholders in the lottery and gaming business.

“Our administration did the needful by painstakingly collaborating with the House of Assembly to initiate and pass the Lagos State Lotteries and Gaming Authority Bill of 2021, which I signed into law last April. The new law will help to institutionalise major reforms in the Lagos gaming sector and expand the scope of our lotteries and gaming authority’s operations in accordance with gaming dynamics across the globe.”

Sanwo-Olu said the agency had sustained its revenue-generating momentum since its creation in 2004 during the administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, urging the management to sustain the zeal and align the vision of the new brand with the core values of his administration’s T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda.

The Governor allayed the concerns of gaming operators and investors in the industry about the intergovernmental squabbles over the constitutional responsibilities of the Federal and State governments on the control and regulation of the gaming space.

He said the Constitution remained clear on the concurrent powers of the Federal and State governments over matters related to lotteries and gaming, assuring operators that their businesses would not be double taxed.

Sanwo-Olu advised illegal lottery and gaming operators to obtain operational licenses from the agency, warning that the Government would not hesitate to prosecute any unlicensed operators.

“With this newly rebranded agency, all the functional elements of the lotteries and gaming industry will be unlocked to create a new model of gaming in Lagos State. I charge the management to forge a transparent and formidable alliance with licensed gaming operators in the State, with a view to creating a vibrant Gaming Industry for a more prosperous and sustainable economy,” the Governor said.

Chief Executive Officer of the State’s Lotteries and Gaming Authority, Mr. Bashir Are, said the agency, under his watch, has recorded landmark achievements in regulating, protecting and promoting best practices in gaming space.

Based on its compliance with international gaming standards, Are said the agency had received ISO certification in Information Security Management System (ISO 27001) and Quality Management System (ISO 9001) in addition to becoming full member of International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) and International Gaming Standard Association (IGSA).

He said: “There are more than 56,000 full time employees and gaming agents operating in Lagos. We have deployed an automated system to monitor gaming transactions in our jurisdiction. We also launched agent registration platform to weed out swindlers from licensed agents.

“For us, the future has begun and we are excited about the unfolding development in the gaming industry. Our next goal is to focus on creating greater efficiency and sustainable economic value for the State, operators, players and relevant stakeholders in the sector.”

In the coming days, Are said the agency’s advocacy against underage and addictive gambling would be amplified with fortified policy and sustained campaign.

The Governor’s Senior Special Assistant on State Lotteries, Ms. Funmi Olotu, stressed that the successful harmonisation of all the State’s gaming regulations had not only corrected disparities in the sector, it also established a uniform framework that would be easily implemented.

Then State Lotteries and Gaming Authority Law of 2021, Olotu said, has also addressed contemporary challenges and issues that may arise from time to time.

The high point was the unveiling of the agency’s new logo and operational guidelines by the Governor with the support of representatives of licensed gaming operators.
https://oyotoday.com/sanwo-olu-unveils-new-name-logo-of-lagos-state-lotteries-and-gaming-authority/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by TheSourcerer: 5:17am On Oct 30, 2021
Good morning cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by xpressionx(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2021
All these lotto and betting bring untold hardship to the people.
If I have my way I would ban it
geezynoni:

May you never have the way.

I will have the way soon to rescue families on the brink of collapse

14 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Evergreen4(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2021
I've nothing to say but the price of gas I just bothering me

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Bobotic(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2021
But Money no dey Lagos o

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by AyelalaOo(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2021
My Lagos state.
Eko o ni baje o.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Dailyparrot: 5:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Why the rainbow color
undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by tunwumi: 5:21am On Oct 30, 2021
More money! Ha Lagos again
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by paskal16: 5:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Gf
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Christmasdon(m): 5:35am On Oct 30, 2021
so Whats the new name.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by merits(m): 5:43am On Oct 30, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
SANWO-OLU UNVEILS NEW NAME, LOGO OF LAGOS STATE LOTTERIES AND GAMING AUTHORITY

• ‘
https://oyotoday.com/sanwo-olu-unveils-new-name-logo-of-lagos-state-lotteries-and-gaming-authority/
Nonsense, it's Haram.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by sirfemoz(m): 5:43am On Oct 30, 2021
Picture of the logo and the new name, we don't know.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by geezynoni: 5:50am On Oct 30, 2021
xpressionx:
All these lotto are betting bring untold hardship to the people.
May you never have the way.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Urbanchampion: 5:55am On Oct 30, 2021
For greater Lagos
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by onoms4luv(m): 5:58am On Oct 30, 2021
Eko ni baje.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by wordcat(m): 5:59am On Oct 30, 2021
When there is no news to write, from first paragraph to seven paragraph regurgitating the same thing.

Rubbish
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Iseoluwani: 6:05am On Oct 30, 2021
Instead of them to ban this. It brings untold hardship pain and frustration and it encourages evil in the society.

Nothing better to do. Clueless government, like his daddy in the upper room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Seequadry(m): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2021
Stupid logo..... No creativity

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Pweetiedude(m): 6:16am On Oct 30, 2021
Evergreen4:
I've nothing to say but the price of gas I just bothering me
How much be the price of gas?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by purpledferanmi1: 6:31am On Oct 30, 2021
Where is your own logo
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by larrybabanla(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2021
I thought he wants to ban it sef, mtchew, lotto logo looking like Lagos State govt logo

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by toujurs: 6:42am On Oct 30, 2021
xpressionx:
All these lotto are betting bring untold hardship to the people.
These one's don't know anything, if not for the heavy commercial traffic going into lagos from the private sector, i don't think, that state would have any thing, lagos should be london by now with the best infrastructural development.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by UncleKoboko: 6:44am On Oct 30, 2021
THIEF
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by bastien: 6:50am On Oct 30, 2021
The kind money Lagos and other states dey make for lottery and lotto eh, them no dey try think of ban at all!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Authoreety: 7:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Op need slap
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Olarewaju89: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Pweetiedude:
How much be the price of gas?

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by wagazala: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2021
Way to go. Those of you talking about ban only need to look around you and see how many people earn their livelihoods working for these companies.
I don't even want to get started on revenue generated to govt.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Mom007(f): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2021
What's there to unveil? Zero creativity. Later they will tell us it was designed with a 30bnaira budget! Thieffy thieffy people.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Name, Logo Of Lagos State Lotteries And Gaming Authority by Felabrity: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2021
xpressionx:
All these lotto and betting bring untold hardship to the people.

I will have the way soon to rescue families on the brink of collapse
don't mind the eddiot

Instead of banning it, he is changing names

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-West PDP Demands Senate Presidency, SGF, Party Chair From Atiku / Aisha Buhari Attends State House Ramadan Lecture 2017 (Photos) / Suicide Bomb Attack On A Mosque In Borno: 11 People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.