Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home (17311 Views)

EFCC Denies Raiding Tinubu's House / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home / EFCC Denies Raiding Onnoghen's House, To Drag Fani-Kayode To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

I don't attack Justices but the SC must have someone vast with Islamic knowledge and another on Customary Law. His first years on the bench were spent in the Sharia Court as a Kadi. He studied Islamic Law, mind you.

So, you won't see him Chair or read lead judgements on issues that deal with very serious constitutional interpretations. It's either Onnoghen, the late Ngwuta, Odili, Kekere-Ekun or Amina Augie that most times do that.

Ah. So was the cabal not aware of that shortcoming before doing their rigmarole?
I mean, I know his expertise his Islamic law but I used to think it was just street mockery calling him Sharia judge.
That means the cabal unwittingly played into the hands of Wike and the PDP forces in the judiciary.
Now dem wan use gra gra solve am
But can't they just get Tanko to chair this one himself by hook or crook like that of Imo?
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by AIIAssociates: 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Can the Power of Search and the Power to Search under Nigerian Criminal Law be abused?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1feb4nOOOLo&t=5955s

Has it been abused in this case?

There is also a playlist for those who prefer shorter videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGEn7ymd5lyygraSXldBI8Ki2aFPs3vlS
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Ah. So was the cabal not aware of that shortcoming before doing their rigmarole?
I mean, I know his expertise his Islamic law but I used to think it was just street mockery calling him Sharia judge.
That means the cabal unwittingly played into the hands of Wike and the PDP forces in the judiciary.
Now dem wan use gra gra solve am
But can't they just get Tanko to chair this one himself by hook or crook like that of Imo?
It isn't street mockery, he was at the Sharia Court from 1991-1993.

The thing is his panel must involve Kekere-Ekun (who is from Lagos State), and they are involved.

It's tight from all angles.

THE REASON THEY GAVE
She insisted it was her personal house and not her husband's
A witness, Aliyu Umar, said in the affidavit dated October 13, 2021, that he had given the information to the EFCC.

It read in part, “I have observed some illegal activities going on in those houses within Abuja are illegal and hereby report the said matter to the law enforcement agency.

“I hereby state that all information provided by me to the EFCC is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.”

In a second affidavit deposed to by a senior police officer, CSP Lawrence Ajodo, the panel applied to a chief magistrate in Abuja seeking a search warrant to search the house.

The Chief Magistrate, Emmanuel Iyanna, subsequently approved the search warrant on October 29, 2021.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

It isn't street mockery, he was at the Sharia Court from 1991-1993.

The thing is his panel must involve Kekere-Ekun (who is from Lagos State), and they are involved.

It's tight from all angles.

THE REASON THEY GAVE
She insisted it was her personal house and not her husband's
A witness, Aliyu Umar, said in the affidavit dated October 13, 2021, that he had given the information to the EFCC.

It read in part, “I have observed some illegal activities going on in those houses within Abuja are illegal and hereby report the said matter to the law enforcement agency.

“I hereby state that all information provided by me to the EFCC is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.”

In a second affidavit deposed to by a senior police officer, CSP Lawrence Ajodo, the panel applied to a chief magistrate in Abuja seeking a search warrant to search the house.

The Chief Magistrate, Emmanuel Iyanna, subsequently approved the search warrant on October 29, 2021.
Yes but his bio says he was in Gombe state judiciary from 1980s or so

Wait. Is Kekere-Ekun from Lagos state judiciary? Does that mean they actually shot themselves in the foot by removing Onnoghen? Chai. This cabal mumu no be here eh

Who is Alyu Umar and what business does he have with the house? The way this people cook warrants and judges grant them is really shameful to say the least. Unknown illegal activity in the house of a JSC and boom a search warrant surfaces to search the house
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Yes but his bio says he was in Gombe state judiciary from 1980s or so

Wait. Is Kekere-Ekun from Lagos state judiciary? Does that mean they actually shot themselves in the foot by removing Onnoghen? Chai. This cabal mumu no be here eh
Gombe was created out of Bauchi State in 1996.
Tanko hails from Bauchi and was in the Bauchi Judiciary until 1991 when he was appointed Kadi of the Bauchi State Sharia Court.

Kekere-Ekun hails from Lagos State, she moved from the Lagos State Judiciary in 2004.

Her father was a prominent politician in the 70s & 80s. I always laugh whenever garfield1 attacks Odili because her husband was a Governor.

Who is Alyu Umar and what business does he have with the house? The way this people cook warrants and judges grant them is really shameful to say the least. Unknown illegal activity in the house of a JSC and boom a search warrant surfaces to search the house
Na so nah grin grin
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Tanko hails from Bauchi and was in the Bauchi Judiciary until 1991 when he was appointed Kadi of the Bauchi State Sharia Court.

Kekere-Ekun hails from Lagos State, she moved from the Lagos State Judiciary in 2004.

Her father was a prominent politician in the 70s & 80s. I always laugh whenever garfield1 attacks Odili because her husband was a Governor.

Na so nah grin grin

Sorry I meant Bauchi. But he was a Magistrate and later a high court Judge in Bauchi then. So I expect he has enough knowledge of constitutional matters.

Is Kekere-Ekun a state high court judge or a federal judge? I think that's what dictates loyalties and allegiances in this Nigerian bench, more than political affiliations self.

But it's a naked attack and may not bode well for the direction of the case. Except they want to Onnoghen her too which I doubt they can execute like they were able to when Kyari was there
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by garfield1: 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Na so nah grin grin

It is not just the involvement in politics but where she belongs.kekere ekun rulings are sound and fair unlike that of odili...her husband is a founding member of pdp,anvex governor a,brutal one at that.it will never go away
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
garfield1:
It is not just the involvement in politics but where she belongs.kekere ekun rulings are sound and fair unlike that of odili...her husband is a founding member of pdp,anvex governor a,brutal one at that.it will never go away
Odili's isn't fair?....Give an example.
Asides Bayelsa she chaired, give just one example where Odili gave a ruling that was disputable. I will wait for the example.

Kekere-Ekun's father is one of the founding fathers of Lagos State.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by garfield1: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Odili's isn't fair?....Give an example.
Asides Bayelsa she chaired, give just one example where Odili gave a ruling that was disputable. I will wait for the example.

Kekere-Ekun's father is one of the founding fathers of Lagos State.

Ondo,theres another ruling where she was the only dissenting judge.cant recall
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Sorry I meant Bauchi. But he was a Magistrate and later a high court Judge in Bauchi then. So I expect he has enough knowledge of constitutional matters.

Is Kekere-Ekun a state high court judge or a federal judge? I think that's what dictates loyalties and allegiances in this Nigerian bench, more than political affiliations self.

But it's a naked attack and may not bode well for the direction of the case. Except they want to Onnoghen her too which I doubt they can execute like they were able to when Kyari was there
Lagos State Judiciary....not Federal.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
garfield1:
Ondo,theres another ruling where she was the only dissenting judge can't recall
Was Ondo disputable and Imo wasn't with Kekere-Ekun?
So, the premise is a Judge dissenting that shows she is biased?

Do you recall that it was Oho's dissent that removed Ihedioha?
So when did dissent show bias?
So, when she joined Tanko & others who affirmed Okorocha against PDP's Ohakim, she wasn't biased....
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by garfield1: 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Was Ondo disputable and Imo wasn't with Kekere-Ekun?
So, the premise is a Judge dissenting that shows she is biased?

Do you recall that it was Oho's dissent that removed Ihedioha?
So when did dissent show bias?
So, when she joined Tanko & others who affirmed Okorocha against PDP's Ohakim, she wasn't biased....

Oga,it is not all cases that you will show your hand na.the woman is smart so she cannot be biased every time.wike has exposed her except that you have refused to see it
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,it is not all cases that you will show your hand na.the woman is smart so she cannot be biased every time.wike has exposed her except that you have refused to see it
Story.....You always said her husband was a Gov and founding-father of PDP.

I am always curious why you don't discuss about Augie or Kekere-Ekun because it will likely weaken your argument.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by garfield1: 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Story.....You always said her husband was a Gov and founding-father of PDP.

I am always curious why you don't discuss about Augie or Kekere-Ekun because it will likely weaken your argument.

My brother,I can accept that the rest are apc judges but you must accept that she's pro pdp...kekere ekun judgment are world class just like that of Helen ogunwumiju
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
garfield1:
My brother, I can accept that the rest are APC judges but you must accept that she's pro pdp...kekere ekun judgment are world class just like that of Helen Ogunwumiju
Odili spent 19 years & Kekere-Ekun spent 17 years from High Court to SC, but it was Odili that was pushed faster.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own bias.

Let them do their jobs, please.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by garfield1: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
fergie001:

Odili spent 19 years & Kekere-Ekun spent 17 years from High Court to SC, but it was Odili that was pushed faster.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own bias.

Let them do their jobs, please.

Not a biased job.from what am seeing,they may give her the onnoghen treatment
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
garfield1:
Not a biased job
Which of them?
They came for her husband. She simply told them, this is my house and not my husband's. Simple.
So, there is no petition against her....

From what I am seeing, they may give her the onnoghen treatment
Time shall tell. grin grin
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Jayblaze47:
���� it's only an idiot that know his fellow comrade

Like your daddy.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by mkoabiola: 12:38am On Oct 30, 2021
APC gvt are so tyrannical
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Lugianostar(m): 2:29am On Oct 30, 2021
FG errand boiz
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by louqas: 3:14am On Oct 30, 2021
eguarojeona:
The nepotic northern Muslim filled establishment targeting majorly southerners. They want to enslave and subjugate us.Despite the fact we own the resources keeping this country.

Should southerners be acting crimimal just because they own the resources keeping this country.....if a crime is committed does it mean the culprit should be let go just because he is a christian?......does Christianity encourage stealing?
Why do southern christians always play the religious card when caught stealing.....does Christianity encourage stealing?
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Decide2rise: 3:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Commentor:

Even if people have lost hope, i still believe one day, just one day you'll have sense.

I hope.
And what's wrong with his comment ? Is that not pure truth he said ? It's better to keep shut than to say rubbish like you did
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Decide2rise: 3:21am On Oct 30, 2021
disloman:
Some of you are just fools.The way you reasoning is............
You're the foolish one here
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by AIIAssociates: 5:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Where any constitutional rights infringed during the conduct of the search referenced above?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geC7utQuW1E
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by eguarojeona: 6:45am On Oct 30, 2021
louqas:

Should southerners be acting crimimal just because they own the resources keeping this country.....if a crime is committed does it mean the culprit should be let go just because he is a christian?......does Christianity encourage stealing?
Why do southern christians always play the religious card when caught stealing.....does Christianity encourage stealing?
i wont be surprised you are Yoruba.It is how you think you are wise,using sophistry,playing yourself.Even if you are not.I don't think you understand anything called justice.I am tired of the vastly poor and uneducated Muslim north ruling and loading it over me.You unconviently ignored how the comparatively uneducated north has nepotistically filled all the major federal jobs,while killing the private sector.So we can't be prosperous.And they can Lord it over me.It's me you want to attack.Shift.
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by louqas: 6:53am On Oct 30, 2021
eguarojeona:
i wont be surprised you are Yoruba.It is how you think you are wise,using sophistry,playing yourself.Even if you are not.I don't think you understand anything called justice.I am tired of the vastly poor and uneducated Muslim north ruling and loading it over me.You unconviently ignored how the comparatively uneducated north has nepotistically filled all the major federal jobs,while killing the private sector.So we can't be prosperous.And they can Lord it over me.It's me you want to attack.Shift.

Haaa
You are living in the past
Or
Living in denial.
I challenge you to list all federal government agencies and their heads and show how northerners have filled the positions....go through nairaland theres a thread that already debunked that lies....stop reading politically biased and wrong analysis.....the majority of FG agencies are actually headed by southerners.
Aside that southerners still erroneously belief that northerners are uneducated....it will shock you that since the turn of the millenium northerners have invested massively in education and have a relatively educated citizens...the reason most people feel buhari is nepostic is the southerners belief that ONLY southerners qualify for some positionsand since most southerners are christians they equalli feel its ONLY christians that qualify for some positions

Is educational superiority equals thievery or is christianity a licence to stealing
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by jimtemi1: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2021
CCTV showing you fools in front of her house and u still come here and deny it?... Laws has no value in Nigeria again
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by Gentlerespect76: 8:21am On Oct 30, 2021
nickxtra:
Bad English... Instead, say " the news was real"

Fake news, get outta here boy!
Re: EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home by eguarojeona: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2021
louqas:

Haaa
You are living in the past
Or
Living in denial.
I challenge you to list all federal government agencies and their heads and show how northerners have filled the positions....go through nairaland theres a thread that already debunked that lies....stop reading politically biased and wrong analysis.....the majority of FG agencies are actually headed by southerners.
Aside that southerners still erroneously belief that northerners are uneducated....it will shock you that since the turn of the millenium northerners have invested massively in education and have a relatively educated citizens...the reason most people feel buhari is nepostic is the southerners belief that ONLY southerners qualify for some positionsand since most southerners are christians they equalli feel its ONLY christians that qualify for some positions

Is educational superiority equals thievery or is christianity a licence to stealing
Believe anything you want please, I know I feel nauseous being led by nor then Muslims.if you are comfortable being led by them,that's your cup of tea.Go to nnpc they are led by northern Muslims.Hausa fulani is their lingua franca there.Oil provides our lifeline in Nigeria since the 80's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ECOWAS Exit: Niger Republic Importers May Dump Nigerian Ports — Agents / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan / 18 Kidnapped In Keke, Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.