Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name (4106 Views)

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / Musk: I Will Resign As Twitter CEO If I Find Someone Foolish To Take The Job / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Niece: 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
WONDERTV MEDIA .COM

Twitter CEO,Jack Dorsey has thrown a jab at Facebook over its new name, WonderTV Media reports.

Recall that Facebook on Thursday announced it was changing the parent company’s name to “Meta”.

Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey, suggested that the new name of the company was confusing and it was not clear what it referred to.

He called the title “self-referential.”

Zuckerberg has billed “Meta,” which comes from the word “metaverse,” as the future of both Facebook and the Internet.

But Dorsey did not appear convinced about the exercise.
“meta: referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential”
, Jack tweeted.

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Niece: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2021
Visit www.wondertv media.com to see Mark's reaction to Jack's post.
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by jojothaiv(m): 7:27am On Oct 30, 2021
Observing
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by sunshineV(f): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2021
yoruba people go soon claim say mark na oyo born and breed

3 Likes

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by DropsMic(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2021
sunshineV:
yoruba people go soon claim say mark na oyo born and breed

But he is grin

3 Likes

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2021
Healthy banters and shades

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Acekoncepts27(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Meta-physics abi meta-phor grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by yusluvad(m): 9:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Whatever rocks his boat...
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2021
Isreal guys said d name means death in Hebrew
I tink dey shld.chanhe d name.again
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Dullards who don't even understand the vision behind meta will be blabbing upandown.

Mark is trying to create a simulated world to replace our dear internet... Imagine VR and AR merging together.

It's going to be like the movie, Ready Player One.

Mark has seen the future, and he's pumping billions of dollars to bring it to life.

Metaverse is going to be revolutionary, just as the internet revolutionise the world today.

The future is already here... Besides, meta isn't a replacement to Facebook, but rather acting as a parent company.

Just as Alphabet is the parent company of Google.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by traihit: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2021
HenryDion:
Dullards who don't even understand the vision behind meta will be blabbing upandown.

Mark is trying to create a simulated world to replace our dear internet... Imagine VR and AR merging together.

It's going to be like the movie, Ready Player One.

Mark has seen the future, and he's pumping billions of dollars to bring it to life.

Metaverse is going to be revolutionary, just as the internet revolutionise the world today.

The future is already here... Besides, meta isn't a replacement to Facebook, but rather acting as a parent company.

Just as Alphabet is the parent company of Google.

I understand the point Mark is coming from (anyone who read his briefing should do). Your point is what I don't understand. Jack Dorsey, a competitor shades his rival and you think he is "Dullards who don't understand......"

You must know more than Jack.

By the way, I kind of like the ideology behind the Metaverse.

1 Like

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2021
traihit:

I understand the point Mark is coming from (anyone who read his briefing should do). Your point is what I don't understand. Jack Dorsey, a competitor shades his rival and you think he is "Dullards who don't understand......"

You must know more than Jack.

By the way, I kind of like the ideology behind the Metaverse.

Jack is a nincompoop....
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by traihit: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2021
HenryDion:

Jack is a nincompoop....

shocked shocked
Wawuuu....
Now I know the point you're coming from.

1 Like

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2021
traihit:

shocked shocked
Wawuuu....
Now I know the point you're coming from.

cheesy
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by kokkubabboni421(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2021
NwaAmaikpe ma pa mi nah
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by TheWolfen(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Soon people will ask for Facebook id for identity.
Mark no come play at all. . .
But they should count me out of their sheep

1 Like

Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2021
Meta to Ebute Meta..
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by ashewoboy(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2021
Kimberlywest jen doelokowocheesy.
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by iamyemiakins(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2021
Wetin concern Jack now undecided

I believe majority of people won't understand why he chose that name or term, but they will understand as time goes on...
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by iamyemiakins(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2021
ashewoboy:
Kimberlywest jen doelokowocheesy.
Wetin dem dey talk, wetin you dey talk
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by juniorstar(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2021
If metaverse becomes fully operation..mark is going to be the richest man in the world..
Re: Twitter CEO Shades Facebook Over New Name by seankafor(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2021
They failed with FB crypto

Waht makes them think they will succeed this time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? / For All Those That Always Compare Samsung And Tecno Phones / 99% Nairalanders Don't Know The Full Mean Of Simcard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.