Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists (22416 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Sokudo: Gunmen Are Criminals Not Agitators / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
SO THIS IDIOT FROM APE FAMILY DOESNT KNOW THAT THERE IS STREET TERROISM WHICH BANDITRY FALLS UNDER, WHICH MAKES BANDITRY TERROISM.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by ttbaba(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
I swear if I see these guy one on one I will stone him ;DI swear if I see these guy one on one I will stone him
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by celeiyke: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
Foolish man
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Cruziero75: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
Standing with the winner even when they are morally depraved...is that not sycophancy.

I don't know what to tell you yet!
Beautiful nonsense.

Sebastine1994:
One day, a man was walking down the street and sees a dog on a porch that was just sitting there, whimpering, whining and moaning. ... Your dog is sitting on a nail. Why doesn't he get off?” “Well, it just doesn't hurt him enough.” This is a good analogy for how many Nigerians act in this country

All you guys do is to condemn people, I would have done worst than this man, I would have stopped going to church and carve a statue of buhari and worship it instead.

You guy are not ready for change, I rather stand with the winner. Until you guys unite, learn to think like a war general, or perish
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Brown2012: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
[quote author=HonNL post=107191701]In an interview with VANGUARD, the Presidential Spokesperson did react to the National Assembly's call to designate Bandits as Terrorists.

[/quote
This man is a sell out and so is lai Mohammad and ffk, it's okay to say an average Yoruba man is a sellout excluding Igboho.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by specialmati(m): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
Shebi I told you guys its a family business
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Tsolutionifede(m): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Logically, terrorist are criminal too. Na so Jonathan talk stealing is not corruption. What is actually wrong with Nigerian leaders. Na God dey punish us with bad leaders
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Peaceworld(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Not true. Terrorists terrorize. They mustn't want to take over a country. Rebels try to take over a country. Bandits, terrorists and rebels are all criminals until the rebels take over the country and claim to be heroes.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by jerry2cino(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oga watin you smoke before saying dis nonsense?
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Newboss(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
IamWonderful:
I don't know how much was given to ohanneze and south east governors to proscribe IPOB and designate them as terrorists

South East governors are cowards. They sell their people for power
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Depressed101: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
Asour:

Technically, he is correct by the definition you raised though.
It's not clear (never been) that the bandits have a political agenda /motive. Neither have they 'forced ' the government to do anything or not do.

Notwithstanding, they are clearly evil. That's why I don't like these 'international' semantics.

What's happening with these bandits in the north has happened in the East /western Nigeria in the Past. This is just more intense kidnapping.
he's not technically correct anything, or you don't read?

A UN panel, on March 17, 2005, described terrorism as any act "intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act.”

On the italized don't they compel the government to pay up on ramsome, don't they compare the government not to fly over their forest zones or else they will shoot their planes down, have they not blown government planes up, and just recently blew a train up?
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by delpee(f): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
How about areas where residents are forced to pay taxes to them? Have they not taken over the land (even if temporarily) from the owners who are forced to flee? That's an act of terror in my humble view.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Aarenaija: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
I hope this guy is not sick upstairs? He might need help. People should not leave him to himself o........how do you know a terrorist than what the bandits are doing? Are tereiirist not criminals in the first place?
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Asour: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Depressed101:
he's not technically correct anything, or you don't read?

A UN panel, on March 17, 2005, described terrorism as any act "intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act.”

On the italized don't they compel the government to pay up on ramsome, don't they compare the government not to fly over their forest zones or else they will shoot their planes down, have they not blown government planes up, and just recently blew a train up?

I'm afraid you don't know what compelling meant there.

Compelling refers to an action to further the terrorists' AGENDA.

There are no terrorists without AGENDAS in the world. A crime is NOT an agenda on its own.
The Agenda IS the goal the terrorists use to achieve there agendas by coercion. That's what compelling means.

Again Every Terrorist group has an agenda (a goal) which they usually use crimes to try to achieve.
For the bandits, this is not clear. They (for now) give the impression as ragtag Kidnappers just like those previously in the East or southern Nigeria.

ISWAP, BH, ISIS, etc. All have agendas they FURTHER through crimes & non recognition for constituted authority.

It's not clear what the broad agenda of these bandits are.
And don't say to terrorize citizens. That's not an agenda.

God help us.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by seyz91(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy
Julianaa:
You are mad sir, for this statement
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Depressed101: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
Asour:

[s]I'm afraid you don't know what compelling meant there.

Compelling refers to an action to further the terrorists' AGENDA.

There are no terrorists without AGENDAS in the world. A crime is NOT an agenda on its own.
The Agenda IS the goal the terrorists use to achieve there agendas by coercion. That's what compelling means.

Again Every Terrorist group has an agenda (a goal) which they usually use crimes to try to achieve.
For the bandits, this is not clear. They (for now) give the impression as ragtag Kidnappers just like those previously in the East or southern Nigeria.

ISWAP, BH, ISIS, etc. All have agendas they FURTHER through crimes & non recognition for constituted authority.

It's not clear what the broad agenda of these bandits are.
And don't say to terrorize citizens. That's not an agenda.

God help us.[/s]
so the goal to kill, maim, and kidnap Nigeria doesn't exist? Keep fooling yourself, IPOB was proscribed terrorist organization even before ESN was formed..
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by suratwo62: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
taiwotimitt:

You can call all this evil people any name you want to call them....all I know is that God will deal with all of them
@ taiwotimitt. God has done his part. It is left for you to get off your butt and do something to rid yourself of these criminals, kidnappers, rapists, herders, terrorists. Mathew 11:12
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by NigeriaEngineer(m): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
They will define anything to justify their foolishness...
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Asour: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
Depressed101:
so the goal to kill, maim, and kidnap Nigeria doesn't exist? Keep fooling yourself, IPOB was proscribed terrorist organization even before ESN was formed..

That's because they had a secessionist AGENDA.
They also threatened violence.
They repeatedly said that they did NOT RECOGNIZE the Nigerian government.

Those are, well, Terrorist characteristics by the International definition not me.

Agenda is key here.

The Gangs that engaged in Kidnapping in the Southeast in the 2010s until they were nullified, were they terrorists?
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by numericalguy(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
Both bandits and Igbos are evil but Igbos are worse than bandits.

Igbos are fighting against the federal government while bandits are like armed robbers.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by RPG2020(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
They are Buhari boys sad
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
I think what uncle Femi ought to first define is who a terrorist is. Someone that kill for pleasure are not only criminals but they are terrorist.
What is common in Nigeria is people defending their masters just to ensure their meal tickets continue to drop.
History will not be very kind to some people who because of their belly will see black and call it white.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by ultimateprof: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
This man is mad for this statement.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Abagworo(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
Femi Adesina is an educated illiterate to make such remark and authoritatively at that. A terrorist is defined by mode of operation and not the target goal. IPOB for example is a secessionist group or a rebel group more than a terrorist group. The use of violence against civilians and soft targets is the real definition of terrorism whereas the use of violence against lawful security agents is guerilla war or rebellion. Boko Haram was never really a secessionist group but a religious extremist group using attack on soft targets like schools, Churches and Mosques as mode of operation.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Advocate500: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Christistruth00:
May Jesus Christ deliver Nigerians from Tribalism

Each region is now busy defending their own Criminals and trying to get Amnesty for them

This was exactly how.Boko Haram Started

We still remember those that said an attack on. Boko Haram is an attack against the North and that IPOB was a Peaceful Group

Both Groups are now busy murdering people and doing their best to turn their respective Regions into rubble

trash as usual.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
IamWonderful:
I don't know how much was given to ohanneze and south east governors to proscribe IPOB and designate them as terrorists

political favouritism and political inferiority
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
as a Yoruba man, I'm ashamed of this cow, because of him I will never name any of my kids Femi
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by chaloskyx: 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
God wont do shit
taiwotimitt:

You can call all this evil people any name you want to call them....all I know is that God will deal with all of them
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hatred aside,Femi Adesina is right.
Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by Gaabasky: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
Of course u must protect your honey pot. Talk otherwise, lose your job.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by makavellidon: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
HonNL:
In an interview with VANGUARD, the Presidential Spokesperson did react to the National Assembly's call to designate Bandits as Terrorists.

omo na japa 4 ds country since ds mad man don say bandit na criminal say dem no be terrorist. But they can call igboho and kanu terrorist omo japa mode activated

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists by nedekid: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
This man is truelly a boffun.
What stupidity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Spends 6th Day In Hospital / Kwara By-election: APC Candidate, Olawuyi Speaks / President Buhari Arrives Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.