Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,299 members, 7,822,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins (1203 Views)

Zouma Fined, Cats Taken Away As Sponsors Pull Out Of Deals With West Ham, Player / Arsenal Signs Goalkeeper Ramsdale And Odegaard Permanently / The Best Save In The History Of Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
The goalkeeper was in inspired form as the Gunners made it nine games unbeaten to climb up to fifth place in the Premier League table.
It was a moment that takes your breath away.

When James Maddison’s free-kick drifted over the Arsenal wall four minutes before half-time, it looked absolutely certain to end up in the top corner of the net.
But, with the ball almost fully past him, Aaron Ramsdale somehow stretched out a left hand and clawed it up onto the underside of the crossbar and back into his six-yard yard.

Arsenal’s keeper was then alert enough to spring up and turn Jonny Evans' follow-up onto the post before Thomas Partey scrambled the ball away.

It was a truly remarkable double-save from the Gunners’ £24 million ($33m) summer signing from Sheffield United.

“Best save I’ve seen for years,” Peter Schmeichel tweeted. The Manchester United legend wasn’t wrong! Not only was Ramsdale’s save miraculous, it was also crucial.

Arsenal had enjoyed a fabulous first half at the King Power Stadium, with early goals from Gabriel and Emile Smith Rowe seeing them race into an early two-goal lead.

It was an advantage they thoroughly deserved and one they ultimately held on to to make it nine games unbeaten in all competitions – their best run since February 2020, when they went 10 games without defeat.

However, had Maddison’s free-kick found the back of the net just before the break, what proved to be an incredibly tough second half for Mikel Arteta’s side would have been even more difficult.

But, with the ball almost fully past him, Aaron Ramsdale somehow stretched out a left hand and clawed it up onto the underside of the crossbar and back into his six-yard yard.

Arsenal’s keeper was then alert enough to spring up and turn Jonny Evans' follow-up onto the post before Thomas Partey scrambled the ball away.

It was a truly remarkable double-save from the Gunners’ £24 million ($33m) summer signing from Sheffield United.

“Best save I’ve seen for years,” Peter Schmeichel tweeted. The Manchester United legend wasn’t wrong! Not only was Ramsdale’s save miraculous, it was also crucial.

Arsenal had enjoyed a fabulous first half at the King Power Stadium, with early goals from Gabriel and Emile Smith Rowe seeing them race into an early two-goal lead.

It was an advantage they thoroughly deserved and one they ultimately held on to to make it nine games unbeaten in all competitions – their best run since February 2020, when they went 10 games without defeat.

However, had Maddison’s free-kick found the back of the net just before the break, what proved to be an incredibly tough second half for Mikel Arteta’s side would have been even more difficult.

Ramsdale has now kept five clean sheets and none were more impressive than the one he produced at Leicester.

He made eight saves during the 90 minutes as Arsenal made it seven wins from their last nine games in all competitions to move up to fifth in the Premier ahead of the remaining weekend fixtures.

1 Like

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2021

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by FantasyHub: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
If only Arsenal had a good coach who would have realized they needed a beastly midfield in order to compete.
Such coach would know he needed a bisouma and when bisouma is not affordable, buy the Rb Salzburg midfielder who was available for a peanut.

When u do such, u don't capitulate in the absence of XHAKA/PARTEY.

Lacazette is the one helping us as a makeshift midfielder. All the physicality and box to box ability. I love him so much.

EPL is never for weak legs like lokonga.
Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Emperormartin(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
He’ll definitely be England no.1 for Qatar World Cup 2022

4 Likes

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
FantasyHub:

If only Arsenal had a good coach who would have realized they needed a beastly midfield in order to compete.
Such coach would know he needed a bisouma and when bisouma is not affordable, buy the Rb Salzburg midfielder who was available for a peanut.

Lacazette is the one helping us as a makeshift midfielder. All the physicality and box to box ability. I love him so much.

U are 100% on point Arsenal needs someone like Bisouma they seem to be interested in Monchengladbach midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by paulolee(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
d ger had a nice game n a good day at work but Mk una no start to de overhype am bcox na wetin british press sabi do b dt..
na so dm once hyped d likes of de gea, kepa n even alisson but now eeh, dm don turn baskets..
d ramsdale jus dey on good form which is temporary but class is permanent n more of a long run..
na same ramsdale wey b basket n endup conceding for two different teams dt ended up in relegation..
no de noise am asif na d likes of neur or oblak..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by hotswagg12: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ramsdale really had a good match. He was my man of the match. I like the competition between him and bernd Leno and its bringing the best out of him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2021
FantasyHub:

So Lacazette plays TWO matches and suddenly he is the Arsenal Saviour?

All the while he has not been playing,Arsenal has been playing rubbish?

All you armchair coaches will just sit down in the comfort of your room..

Adding 1+1 and coming up with 3..

Why don't you give Arteta the Millions he needs to buy Bissouma and any other world class midfielder you may come up with?

With people like you..

Even if Arsenal wins the PL..

You would still have something to moan about..

2 Likes

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by FantasyHub: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
So Lacazette plays TWO matches and suddenly he is the Arsenal Saviour?

All the while he has not been playing,Arsenal has been playing rubbish?

All you armchair coaches will just sit down in the comfort of your room..

Adding 1+1 and coming up with 3..

Why don't you give Arteta the Millions he needs to buy Bissouma and any other world class midfielder you may come up with?

With people like you..

Even if Arsenal wins the PL..

You would still have something to moan about..

U apparently got compression issues.

Why couldn't Arsenal beat Palace and Brighton without starting LACAZETTE, the latter without bisouma? They simply were there for the taking. Does the EPL look like French league to u, juvenile? I'm sure u loved how 'ordinary' Brentford bullied u with lokonga anchoring ur midfield.

U kids think winning matches is all about pushing eleven people on to the pitch without paying attention to details.

Ur whipping boy nature obviously can't bring Laurels.

So, Cry me a river.
Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
FantasyHub:

U apparently got compression issues.

Why couldn't Arsenal beat Palace and Brighton without starting LACAZETTE, the latter without bisouma? They simply were there for the taking. Does the EPL look like French league to u, juvenile? I'm sure u loved how 'ordinary' Brentford bullied u with lokonga anchoring ur midfield.

U kids think winning matches is all about pushing eleven people on to the pitch without paying attention to details.

Ur whipping boy nature obviously can't bring Laurels.

So, Cry me a river.

I am sure you are one of those Arteta out fellows..

Now you have moved on to the next victim,to bestow your bile on..

Save your rambling for naysayers like you..

Arsenal have won matches this season with Lacazette not in the team,playing well..

Bisouma is not an Arsenal player..

DEAL WITH IT!!

IF YOU love him so much?

Move to Brighton!

And good riddance!!

We don't need party poopers..

Always looking for who to bestow your negativity on!!

1 Like

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
DAT save was breathtaking , d free kick by maddison was fantastic the save was terrific and he did save the rebound, he had a good day at work producing 8 brilliant saves in d match am just surprised DAT the last two teams he kept 4 were relegated hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
Enoch3721:
DAT save was breathtaking , d free kick by maddison was fantastic the save was terrific and he did save the rebound, he had a good day at work producing 8 brilliant saves in d match am just surprised DAT the last two teams he kept 4 were relegated hmmm

it happens he couldnt show his worth fully with those teams probably poor defending Arsenal really saw something in him to have coughed out 30m to sign him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by FantasyHub: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
I am sure you are one of those Arteta out fellows..

Now you have moved on to the next victim,to bestow your bile on..

Save your rambling for naysayers like you..

Arsenal have won matches this season with Lacazette not in the team,playing well..

Bisouma is not an Arsenal player..

DEAL WITH IT!!

IF YOU love him so much?

Move to Brighton!

And good riddance!!

We don't need party poopers..

Always looking for who to bestow your negativity on!!

At this point u sound so defeated and bemused. U couldn't address any of the issues I raised in those posts above.

Y'all nairaland daft kids thought everyone is here to type rubbish. At ur age ,Simple , healthy and constructive argument u couldn't engage in . I wonder what they teach u kids in schools these days.

When was the last time Arsenal played a Champions League match? Do u know the meaning of this word - 'SHAME'?

I will never join u kindergarten kid in smiling at mediocrity.

In ur mind, u thought u knew something until u quoted me. Now run along and rant with ur fellow kids.
Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2021
Kenneth10110:

it happens he couldnt show his worth fully with those teams probably poor defending Arsenal really saw something in him to have coughed out 30m to sign him.
hmmm u are right bro but I hope he proves is worth in d big stages
Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Enoch3721:
hmmm u are right bro but I hope he proves is worth in d big stages

Yes lets hope and then watch and see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kenneth10110:

kk, we move!!! but wait are u an arsenal fan
Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kenneth10110:

kk, we move!!! but wait are u an arsenal fan?

1 Like

Re: Best Save I've Seen In Years!' - Ramsdale Takes The Breath Away As Arsenal Wins by Kenneth10110(m): 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
Enoch3721:
kk, we move!!! but wait are u an arsenal fan?

Always Arsenal. COYG

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Performance In Ongoing Commonwealth Games In India / Excited Fan Runs Unclad Through Football Field During A Football Match / WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2013 !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.