Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) (50067 Views)

10-Month-Old Girl Dies After Being Raped By Her Father In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Kokaine(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
ekene101:
exactly ��
that's my village
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by kjhova(m): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Person don manage escape from the grip of NIGERIA wahala....But association of village people still travel far just to get am down angry

No, it's not association of any villagers, everything must not be blamed on Nigeria na!

He escaped NIGERIA wahala only to run into AMERICAN wahala. There is madness in every nation on Earth!
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 10:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
ekene101:
Pity..the guy is from etsako Edo state.

Are there Yoruba people that are indigenous to Etsako area of Edo state ? I wanna know because the guy's name " Osilalu" is unmistakably a Yoruba name !
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by JustforMen: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Misrighteousnes:
I hope the man have accepted Jesus Christ before the unfortunate incident

o girl, you wan use style fvck broda righteousness abi?
which one is misrighteousness again?

abi you be hairy balls guyman ni
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by ekene101: 10:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

Are there Yoruba people that are indigenous to Etsako area of Edo state ? I wanna know because the guy's name " Osilalu" is unmistakably a Yoruba name !
Edo bears same too
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
ekene101:
Edo bears same too

If I see someone from Akoko Edo side with Yoruba names,I won't be surprised because I know what's responsible for it - the person is Yoruba,certainly ! Even if I come across somebody from Benin,yes Benin,with Yoruba names, I won't be surprised in anyway and that's because I know the history behind it - the Eweka dynasty was founded by Oranmiyan,the Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife and first Oba of Benin !

I have however,come across so many Yoruba names from Edo North areas without knowing the historical connections those people have with the Yoruba people. An example is Ayegbeni or Aiyegbeni,that's a pure Yoruba name for goodness sake !

There are many tribes in Edo - Bini,Ishan,Ijaw etc. I wanna know what are the people with Yoruba names from Etsako and Edo north areas are called ? What's their tribal name ?
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by juman(m): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
America is unsafe country.
You need to be fadeyi oloro before you live there safely and peacefully.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Christopherrob: 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
Jibsy203:
So far as it’s upcoming Afonja Muslim miscreant terrorist,no issues
I no dey understand some kain people , shey na say you no complete 9 month for your mama belle or you no suck breast reach cos your brain just too dey daft
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Obamaofusa: 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
Benwallt:
His name sounded Yoruba though
Osilalu is Yoruba not etsako or whatever that guy says.
Maybe the guy has a gang..
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by CoolJulian: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2021
Isn't' the US supposed to be safe?
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by SALIMAN(m): 12:43am On Oct 31, 2021
Any how make i reach there first
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 31, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

If I see someone from Akoko Edo side with Yoruba names,I won't be surprised because I know what's responsible for it - the person is Yoruba,certainly ! Even if I come across somebody from Benin,yes Benin,with Yoruba names, I won't be surprised in anyway and that's because I know the history behind it - the Eweka dynasty was founded by Oranmiyan,the Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife and first Oba of Benin !

I have however,come across so many Yoruba names from Edo North areas without knowing the historical connections those people have with the Yoruba people. An example is Ayegbeni or Aiyegbeni,that's a pure Yoruba name for goodness sake !

There are many tribes in Edo - Bini,Ishan,Ijaw etc. I wanna know what are the people with Yoruba names from Etsako and Edo north areas are called ? What's their tribal name ?

One day, I would need someone to explain to me why the yoruba are so obsessed with us Edo.

1) Ogiso, oduduwa, oranmiyan are fairytales, none of them ever existed.
2) Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started urbanizing Ife.
3) Benin was an empire whose capital is Benin city.
4) there is no established link between Benin empire and Ife village, all we keep hearing are made up stories being told by people who couldn't possibly have witnessed what they are talking about.

5) we are not yoruba ! Leave us alone !
Our ethnicity, if you must know, it is called Edo.
And, if you must know, Edo-State was named after us, not the reverse, whereas our ethnic group goes way beyond Edo-State. But outsiders like you who lack the wisdom and the patience to learn correctly will always keep confusing everything about us.
Learn this: we have several languages, but only one emperor whose title is "Oba" and he lives in Benin city.

6) yoruba is a word whose meaning keeps changing: first it was spelled yarrib.a and it was an other name for oyo kingdom,

then when slaves were being dumped on the shores of what we now call southwest Nigeria, the word was corrupted to yoruba by the Europeans and it applied to the slave returnees, dahomians, oyo and a few others while the Europeans still referred to the oyos as "yoruba proper" and still referred to the few others added to the list with their respective ethnicities.

The politics of colonial and post colonial Nigeria once again changed the meaning of the word (yoruba) into all of the people of the southwest geopolitical zone and anybody with similar language to any of those groups.

Well you get the point, yoruba is an artificial construct, whereas Benin is a historical reality.
There is a bight of Benin, but no bight of yoruba, there was Benin empire, but no Ife empire nor any yoruba empire, there was a war between Benin and Britain, no such between yoruba and Britain.

Now leave us alone, thank you !

Summary: no group of indigenous people within Edo-State is yoruba, actually the entire Edo-state falls withing the old Benin Kingdom whose people are called Edo.

Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:37am On Oct 31, 2021
Madam Abike do something
Nairaland officially handed over this case to u.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by otipoju(m): 2:59am On Oct 31, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Poor guy.

Wonder who killed him and the motive?

Na to just collect the car take flex until police go catch them or to use the car go rub. The passenger(s) he gave a ride na him do am
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Johncables402: 5:13am On Oct 31, 2021
NubaVertigo:

One of those blacks literally had a baby with him. But I guess you see what you want to see sha. Try not to apply the Nigerian system to the US. In the US, you are to be innocent until proven guilty. You can't just be "knowing" someone did it and call yourself a normal person.

Animal, you must travel out of your village before debating me. I have being to America, I know the blacks there are useless and stupid that's why whites there love us more than they love them . They know we are hardworking and smart.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Johncables402: 5:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Newton85:
Oh, you're one of those deplorable, dumbest, psychotic dregs of humanity called IPOB who're killing your people like fowls? I should have known. Dimwitted animal!

Stupid IPOB is way better than any organisation you west cowards have. Go to america and see how those lazy blacks will kill you for nothing . They are just like you Afonjas in lagos killing and stealing from hardworking Igbo men.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Johncables402: 5:19am On Oct 31, 2021
Newton85:
Shut up, mentally unstable sub-human! That must be why you useless and worthless clowns over here can't make shit work! No light, poor roads, poor healthcare, known allover the world be being degenerate scammers, yet he has the mouth to call Black Americans "savages", when he lives in a dystopic shithole. Monumental person!

If not for the white man America would be shithole . Those blacks are lucky they were enslaved. If it were hardworking Biafrans in their position we'd be the richest in that country more the white seff
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 6:20am On Oct 31, 2021
Gokoyer0:
What do you mean about Baltimore if i ask?

High crime reported
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2021
Being Baltimore, he may have sadly lost his life over 10 dollars to some demented druggie undecided
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Newton85: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2021
Johncables402:

If not for the white man America would be shithole . Those blacks are lucky they were enslaved. If it were hardworking Biafrans in their position we'd be the richest in that country more the white seff
Yeah, that must be why Eboeland is a barren hellhole! Delusions of grandeur on steroid.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Newton85: 6:43am On Oct 31, 2021
Johncables402:

Stupid IPOB is way better than any organisation you west cowards have. Go to america and see how those lazy blacks will kill you for nothing . They are just like you Afonjas in lagos killing and stealing from hardworking Igbo men.
I've heard, IPOB animal. Go take your meds and go to bed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Quiny32323: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
ekene101:
Pity..the guy is from etsako Edo state.

Dem dey like keep their beards that way.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by ekene101: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2021
Quiny32323:

Dem dey like keep their beards that way.
exactly.. even their looks sef.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by ekene101: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2021
Newton85:
Etsako ko, Isoko ni. Osilalu is a Yoruba name (Ijebu precisely), his full name is Osilalu Faruk Ayomikun. You want to be dragging the ethnicity of a dead person now?
And again sir, etsako bears osilama,osigwe,osigbemhe,osilalu and many osi's..
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Quiny32323: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2021
ekene101:
exactly.. even their looks sef.

Yea resemble one etsako guy I know.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2021
Phraences:

In Nigeria, you can identify a mad man from his clothes or lack of it. In US, so many unstable people looking normal. Someone will just from nowhere punch someone on the face. A man will attack a woman in a train and people will be standing there looking. Not like the man is holding a weapon o! They will just be standing there looking.

You have to decide best course for your own individual situation.

You might not want to get sued by the criminal or maybe you’re on parole or on probation or have a medical condition.

Stop judging folks if you’re not in their shoes.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Newton85: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2021
ekene101:
And again sir, etsako bears osilama,osigwe,osigbemhe,osilalu and many osi's..
This Osilalu here is a Yoruba boy (Ijebu). His name is Faruk Ayomikun Osilalu. Do Etsakos also bear Ayomikun?
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by ekene101: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Newton85:
This Osilalu here is a Yoruba boy (Ijebu). His name is Faruk Ayomikun Osilalu. Do Etsakos also bear Ayomikun?
you may be right on this one but edos bears Yoruba names, especially Edo north which etsako is also part of.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2021
ekene101:
you may be right on this one but edos bears Yoruba names, especially Edo north which etsako is also part of.

The fact you would think a name which we share with the newly created yoruba belongs to "yoruba" speaks volumes about your lack of intelligence.

Truthvalue3:

One day, I would need someone to explain to me why the yoruba are so obsessed with us Edo.

1) Ogiso, oduduwa, oranmiyan are fairytales, none of them ever existed.
2) Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started urbanizing Ife.
3) Benin was an empire whose capital is Benin city.
4) there is no established link between Benin empire and Ife village, all we keep hearing are made up stories being told by people who couldn't possibly have witnessed what they are talking about.

5) we are not yoruba ! Leave us alone !
Our ethnicity, if you must know, it is called Edo.
And, if you must know, Edo-State was named after us, not the reverse, whereas our ethnic group goes way beyond Edo-State. But outsiders like you who lack the wisdom and the patience to learn correctly will always keep confusing everything about us.
Learn this: we have several languages, but only one emperor whose title is "Oba" and he lives in Benin city.

6) yoruba is a word whose meaning keeps changing: first it was spelled yarrib.a and it was an other name for oyo kingdom,

then when slaves were being dumped on the shores of what we now call southwest Nigeria, the word was corrupted to yoruba by the Europeans and it applied to the slave returnees, dahomians, oyo and a few others while the Europeans still referred to the oyos as "yoruba proper" and still referred to the few others added to the list with their respective ethnicities.

The politics of colonial and post colonial Nigeria once again changed the meaning of the word (yoruba) into all of the people of the southwest geopolitical zone and anybody with similar language to any of those groups.

Well you get the point, yoruba is an artificial construct, whereas Benin is a historical reality.
There is a bight of Benin, but no bight of yoruba, there was Benin empire, but no Ife empire nor any yoruba empire, there was a war between Benin and Britain, no such between yoruba and Britain.

Now leave us alone, thank you !

Summary: no group of indigenous people within Edo-State is yoruba, actually the entire Edo-state falls withing the old Benin Kingdom whose people are called Edo.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Newton85:
The jebu kingdom was a vassal kingdom to Benin. Also in the late 1800's, the jebu didn't consider themselves yoruba, nor did anybody call or consider them yoruba, there were even several reports on British gazets in which the king of jebu was threatening to attack yoruba. The jebu saw the yoruba as inferior human beings.
This again shows that "yoruba" of today is an artificial creation which is not based on history but rather on political agreement.

Eventhough this is not hard to comprehend, most of you guys keep acting as if "yoruba" were some ancient historical people which is not true.

At the beginning of the word yarrib.a, we had yarrib.a = oyo kingdom.
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by authority2006(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2021
Misrighteousnes:
I hope the man have accepted Jesus Christ before the unfortunate incident

Even the Saviour was nailed to the cross alive! So, what's the difference?
Re: Missing Faruq Osilalu Found Dead In The US (Photos) by authority2006(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2021
Phraences:

In Nigeria, you can identify a mad man from his clothes or lack of it. In US, so many unstable people looking normal. Someone will just from nowhere punch someone on the face. A man will attack a woman in a train and people will be standing there looking. Not like the man is holding a weapon o! They will just be standing there looking.

EgunMogaji2:

You have to decide best course for your own individual situation.

You might not want to get sued by the criminal or maybe you’re on parole or on probation or have a medical condition.

[s] Stop judging folks if you’re not in their shoes. [/s]

Judging my ass.
A train or train station full of people, and all them are on parole and probation? You don't want to be sued by the attacker, so you all watched as innocent and harmless co-passenger is being attacked?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

60% ROI: Dominic Joshua Ngene Arrested Over N2 Billion Fraud (Photo) / Fulani Men Killed In Southern Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Naval Officer Kills Girlfriend In Port Harcout For Refusing To Accept Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.