Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

What Car Did You Drive In The University? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Did You Drive In The University? (1920 Views)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State / Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car Did You Drive In The University? by SeaTrade(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hello people,
So like the topic says,what car did you own/drive in the university for daily commute?
Was it some sort of a status symbol for you or rather gave you more freedom and aided to give you a time of your life while in school?
Well,I'll go first.
Honda CRV,2004 model was what I drove in 200l .Later became hard to fuel and maintain sha,I washed it myself then grin
Remember the day the front shaft yanked off after giving me so much signs but I ignored cos I couldn't afford repairs,
My girlfriend at the time gave me 25k to fix it,I think I spent like 6k to get a replacement shaft and 2k repair bill and the remaining 17k I use am chop,before man die.
Gave me and my friends lots of memories, really funny ones sef join.
At some point a hatch back corolla too,I think that was in 300l.
Sold off the Honda down the line for 150k because it was a wreck grin grin
This should be fun,
So what did you drive in school and how did you maintain it?
Lalasticlala,seun,oam4j,dominique.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by aycapri(m): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Na leggedisbenz oo,

1 Like

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by lilvicky68(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
I'm not sure this thread is for Nigerians..
Or do you mean PhD students??

Some students never see garri drink na to come buy fuel ride car grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by SeaTrade(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
lilvicky68:
I'm not sure this thread is for Nigerians..
Or do you mean PhD students??

Some students never see garri drink na to come buy fuel ride car grin
Haha but a lot of students did oo.
Even till date sef,I think the number increased.
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by SeaTrade(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
aycapri:
Na leggedisbenz oo,
lol I understand, at some point I pack up dey use leg too sha.
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by lilvicky68(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeaTrade:
Haha but a lot of students did oo.
Even till date sef,I think the number increased.
Before it was students with very rich parents..
Now Yahoo boys don take over..

4 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by SeaTrade(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
lilvicky68:

Before it was students with very rich parents..
Now Yahoo boys don take over..
True.
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by CaptainAyub: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Early and mid 2000s.
Peugeot 505.
As e get fault,I go park am 4 haus,hijack d flatbooth.
Flatbooth spoil,I go drop am for haus reposses d 505 which dem done repair by then.
Was not a matter of status symbol just that I loved night waka grin
God bless you daddy grin

9 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by SeaTrade(m): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Early and mid 2000s.
Peugeot 505.
Flatbooth spoil,I go drop am for haus reposses d 505 which dem done repair by then.
God bless you daddy grin
grin grin grin
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by buygala(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Gather here if like me, this topic does not concern you because you were a proud trekker and campus shuttle customer in school grin

7 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Omo,I no drive car for school but in my finals,one of my friend father bought a Nissan pathfinder .this was in 2011,omo na better car that time.see flexing .we dey travel from place to place with babes to flex and enjoy booze.pple just dey look dey think say we be yahoo boys.And the good thing again be say this my friend dad na senior security federal personnel,so his beret was always on the dashboard with stickers on the windshield .If police stop us,when dem see beret and sticker dem go free us sharply.mehn those days.chai,if my friend park the car and we enter beer parlour,he dey stand up go check the car every 5mins to see if dem don steal am.looooooool.he can fear that time because the car was crispy toks

6 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Siberia01(m): 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
Peugeot 504
Factory tinted with AC...
It was my dad's
Had chrome bumper...I think It was European spec..
I later changed it to the fiber bumper...
And sprayed the chrome wheel black
I smoked the rear lamp...
To look dirty..
And a rear spoiler
The car will jump to 100km/hr very easily.......
The car is still with me
Still a daily drive to work...
It's AC has been doing well in the Kaduna sun...
I use it to travel to the south Almost every weekend...
Highest speed ever was when chasing a 2003 corolla sport at 140km/hr....

3 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by eherbal(m): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2021
1st was the Peugeot 504 best line 2000
2nd was the 2001 toyota corona. Both bought new grin
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by eherbal(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2021
My comrade in crime, you're doing well. grin
CaptainAyub:
Early and mid 2000s.
Peugeot 505.
God bless you daddy grin
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by aumusa: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2021
grin

8 Likes

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Nozino: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2021
Drive car to school??

I didn’t have that luxury. I refused to drive cars belonging to my friends because I didn’t want unnecessary headache. What happens if something goes wrong and I have to fix it? Where the money go for come?
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by dayoscape: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
This thread is for students whose parents are rich....or yahoo boys....or very hard working students engaged in forex et al
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Ayoslimzy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
300l I drove a Toyota Camry 08 sport but now in 400l
I Dey drive my baby grin Lexus ES350 08
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by lillyontop(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
At my 200l first semester i bought a Honda Hala but the wahala plenty pass my power, later sold it and gave my father money to buy a baby boy for me na so the man go buy golf 3 2 doors for me I vex Sha oh but I use the car do things for school that year and after 3 years I sold it to buy the car of my dream baby boy na him I take finish school and go service the yeye country wey we dey
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
lillyontop:
At my 200l first semester i bought a Honda Hala but the wahala plenty pass my power, later sold it and gave my father money to buy a baby boy for me na so the man go buy golf 3 2 doors for me I vex Sha oh but I use the car do things for school that year and after 3 years I sold it to buy the car of my dream baby boy na him I take finish school and go service the yeye country wey we dey
babyboy na flexing ride for a first timer
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by kolabad: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
300l Nissan Altima 2003 Omo when the car is alright it’s fun and all. But when the wahala starts ehn nah die. Later changed to Camry big daddy by my 500l sha. More reliable but wasn’t as sweet as the altima
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
kolabad:
300l Nissan Altima 2003 Omo when the car is alright it’s fun and all. But when the wahala starts ehn nah die. Later changed to Camry big daddy by my 500l sha. More reliable but wasn’t as sweet as the altima
big daddy no sweet ti drive at all

1 Like

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mazda 626 hatchback 1982 model, Honda city 2007.

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Mokelu: 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

When u use this one?
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mokelu:

When u use this one?

one full semester in 400L
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Grupo(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Honda city 2007 abi 1987?

Yoi be big boy for school o!
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Elxandre(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Siberia01:
Peugeot 504
Factory tinted with AC...
It was my dad's
Had chrome bumper...I think It was European spec..
I later changed it to the fiber bumper...
And sprayed the chrome wheel black
I smoked the rear lamp...
To look dirty..
And a rear spoiler
The car will jump to 100km/hr very easily.......
The car is still with me
Still a daily drive to work...
It's AC has been doing well in the Kaduna sun...
I use it to travel to the south Almost every weekend...
Highest speed ever was when chasing a 2003 corolla sport at 140km/hr....
Picture for make sense grin

1 Like

Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Alvin007: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2021
Mid 2000.. 1985 Mitsubishi Lancer, later upgraded to 1996 Honda Accord.
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by b3llo(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2021
Leggediz Benz all through school but back then my Dad almost gave us (me n my elder bro) Honda Accord 1990 model. I finished school 2016
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by Siberia01(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2021
Elxandre:

Picture for make sense grin
sure when I'm chanced
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by skywalker240(m): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2021
Am so blessed back then at school that i had to maintain two cars.
1 for attending lectures and the other for taking my girlfreind out.
welcome to my
LEGBORGINI & MY ROYAL LEG ROYCE. grin
Re: What Car Did You Drive In The University? by skywalker240(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2021
buygala:
Gather here if like me, this topic does not concern you because you were a proud trekker and campus shuttle customer in school grin

i didnt trekked oo,

me i was flying in the air and feeling ontop of the world when am on my LEG ROYCE grin

Thank God my story don change. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Mechanics My Story / Can Anyone Explain 'bushing' In Automobile, Please? / You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.