Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not (18049 Views)

Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu / I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by hisexcellency34: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Former Senate President Anyim Pius Anyim says he will contest for presidency in 2023 whether the Peoples Democratic Party will zone it to the southeast or not.

Anyim made the disclosure on Saturday in an interview with newsmen.He said that the party was being repositioned.
The former Secretary to the Government of the Federation noted that the party’s national convention would signal the commencement of its political activities.

“Posters of my presidential bid and agitations by groups for me to contest flooded the social media in 2020 and I disassociated myself from such calls.“I felt that it was too early for such a declaration, to enable the present administration to concentrate on governance.

“Such calls resurfaced in the early part of 2021 and I chose to be quiet over the issue.“We currently have less than 18 months to the next elections, and I feel the time is ripe to indicate my interest,” Anyim said.

He said that the zoning committee instituted by the party was only saddled with zoning party positions and not other positions.

“Zoning of such positions was deferred but nothing stops anyone from South-East Zone from contesting the presidency even if it is not zoned to it.

“The most important thing is that the party’s national convention is a sort of rebirth for a group of people who have recovered from a setback.

“The party members are focused and determined,” he added.

Anyim said that in spite of the party’s seeming conflict with its former Chairman, Chief Uche Secondus, he remained a friend to many members.

“He is particularly my friend and we do not have any problem with him.”

“The issue is that the party needed to move but be assured that he is not going into wilderness,” Anyim said
https://thenationonlineng.net/ill-contest-presidency-zoning-or-not-pius-anyim/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by vibre: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Edit your headline, it's saying 2013 instead of 2023

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
People who are suppose to be in prison are the one talking of rulling us again

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Bola146(f): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin old papa

4 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by greymiles: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
This is better than that lifeless afonja Tinubu

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by AntiBMC(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
Whether he likes to sleep or not, I still reaffirm that he is a bazillion times better than any fulani candidate, educated or not.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by mrvitalis(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Think you for having the mind to show interest unlike scared tinubu and osibanjo who are scared of the north

Seeking approval from their masters before declaring interest

This is a man tho I won't support you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Biafrarep(m): 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
People who are suppose to be in prison are the one talking of rulling us again

Criminals like Tinubu are walking free but you want Anyim that has no case to be in prison?

You're such a bigot!!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by seunmsg(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
mrvitalis:
Think you for having the mind to show interest unlike scared tinubu and osibanjo who are scared of the north

Seeking approval from their masters before declaring interest

This is a man tho I won't support you

As if we don’t all know that PDP delegates from the south east will still vote for Atiku at the party’s presidential convention.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by mrvitalis(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
seunmsg:

As if we don’t all know that PDP delegates from the south east will still vote for Atiku at the party’s presidential convention.
Who is atiku?

If it's not soludo ,nwajuba , umaih or peter obi I'm not voting ...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by bigdammyj: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good Idea
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by nanauju(f): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Okay
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
Y
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by itsme01: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
cool

*17 months for Buhari's tenure to end

-No Ibo man with a serious nationwide structure, agenda or valid ambition with support group

-No registered Youth Political Movement like EndSars to deliver youthful Candidate

9 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Slimbee1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Okay issoorite wink
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Way4orward: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Another criminal

2 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by igbarasdynasty: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Bamzyriches451: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oga nobody stop you from contesting, na to ask your self this question" shey I go see vote collect"
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by seunmsg(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
mrvitalis:

Who is atiku?

If it's not soludo ,nwajuba , umaih or peter obi I'm not voting ...

Wait, which parties are the names you mentioned running on? grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by rickyrex(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Well this will really awaken the interest of other easterner who might be scared or been coward to take a step as number one rather than showing interest for a position called spare tire ( vp)

2 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Benwallt(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
2013 has passed o

1 Like

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by computer0810(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
I hope igbos can channel there disgusting energy to campaign for a candidate from there region nw that we have 1 coming from pdp......dey will still drag tinubu to dis

8 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Shedking(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
But even if it's not zoned, PDP delegates from South East will likely vote for a candidate from another zone.

Anyways it's your rights to aspirie to lead us. It's also your duty to convince delegates to vote for you when the time for primaries comes.

2 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Anaerobi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
PDP are supposed to zone this to the SE for their loyalty.

But my Northern Brothers believe that they are the only people good to rule Nigeria. Yet they haven't done any mainful thing.

2 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Blackfire(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Olodo which one is 2013

Incase you all don't know

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

All southerners take note

Anyways I sell cows o
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by BlackPantherxXx: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin

You would lose. Whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by mrvitalis(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
seunmsg:

Wait, which parties are the names you mentioned running on? grin grin grin
Party are not important
Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Gaabasky: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good to see u doing well. Welcome back to politic. Anyway we are ready for our share of what u swallowed

2 Likes

Re: Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not by Chuknovski(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin even if he is presently contesting in the past he still wont win

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed In Maiduguri To Visit Operational Areas / 2019: Mistakes Atiku/obi Campaigns Must Avoid / Femi Fani-Kayode Celebrates Wife, Snowhite's Birthday With Lovely Pic & Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.