Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (31037 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 31, 2021
When you need money, you don't pray. You use your head
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Acehart: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2021
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by seyicodes(m): 9:25am On Oct 31, 2021
You can only overcome poverty by seeking for God assistant and be ready work work like kilode.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Bmaster(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2021
lomprico:
the only way to overcome poverty is to work hard!
OR rather say... To work Smart
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by atiku4President(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2021
RadioMOUTH:

Read Bible from now till you die

Pray from now till you die..

You will never escape poverty if you keep your hands crossed.

@OP, whoever told you this is just after the little you have... truth to be said... you're brainwashed

SAY NO TO RELIGIOUS SLAVERY

And did the Bible discourage hardwork, even from the referenced portions of the scriptures? Nobody is responsible for certain frustrations, so I think objectivity should be the key, especially when the fact are crystal clear.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2021
hisgrace090:
Good observation! 1nice RadioMOUTH
atiku4President BigYash
slawormiir

Prosperity preachers and their selectivity.
Study what this guy below says

Acehart:
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Supported by aszplus12 Kobojunkie

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Ellasure: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=107200068] Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided[/qluote]

Every spirit of division in the household of Christ die ijmn. Amen.

Some people are very good in reverse thinking that they don't even know when they are recanting again.

The household of Christ is one. Some words are sounds like incantation are still word's anyway. And Jesus Christ is the spoken word and it is alive and true.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by femi4: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

God loves his people and never want his people to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Jesus Christ Loves you!!!
The Bible support hardwork. Yet you have just one point that support that

What happened to scriptures like

Prov 12:24
Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by RadioMOUTH(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2021
atiku4President:

And did the Bible discourage hardwork, even from the referenced portions of the scriptures? Nobody is responsible for certain frustrations, so I think objectivity should be the key, especially when the fact are crystal clear.

I'll appreciate if you had seen I did not condem your bible.

I have no right to your belief..

Believe what you want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by kennyz247(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2021
ezechi24:
if you like make you no find work ...na hunger go kill you....even jesus was a carpenter.
son of a carpenter
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BigYash: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Only this bibe verse is reasonable and really telling us how to overcome poverty
(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

The rest bible verse are gibberish

If you master the huzzle you will conquer the struggle

Since you have been in the hustle,why haven't you masted it? If na by hustle,those people wen dey hustle day and night for don get reach like 10 estates to their names..My nigga pray for grace,no dey form say na you get yourself. You like it or not,believe it or not. There is God and HE blesses people..

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2021
It is the same thing, if it were to be hardwork, smartness, education and intelligent by know everyone would have become a millionaire.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BigYash: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Prosperity preachers and their selectivity.
Study what this guy says:

na you know if you love to die in poverty. As a child of God,everything about you should reflect "God" ... My God is not a poor God... Being prosperous doesn't stop you from being a good Christian. Moreover we are all sinner saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. ( For those that blive in HIM. So my guy no come dey talk wetin you no know here.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by IdJack(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2021
PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

Lovely

Kindly Check my Signature for make money tips
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by lomprico(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2021
Bmaster:
OR rather say... To work Smart

smart work can also be working hard!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2021
BigYash:
na you know if you love to die in poverty. As a child of God,everything about you should reflect "God" ... My God is not a poor God... Being prosperous doesn't stop you from being a good Christian. Moreover we are all sinner saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. ( For those that blive in HIM. So my guy no come dey talk wetin you no know here.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be rich - that's human nature. Just don't twist Christ's words or selectively pick Old Testament verses about it. Christ's teachings about earthly accumulation were crystal clear.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BigYash: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Nothing wrong with wanting to be rich - that's human nature. Just don't twist Christ's words or selectively pick Old Testament verses about it. Christ's teachings about earthly accumulation were crystal clear.
I'm not being selective. Believe what you believe and leave every other nigga to what he believes. The Bible is wide and people do interpret it differently. Since I discovered the truth,nobody in this Christianity can tell me shit. God is not an author of confusion .. Old or new Testament God's word doesn't support poverty. For my sake he even became poor,so that I will be rich. So,my guy if you are poor,its a sin already. That is what I blive.. So blive what you blive and let me blive mine. Nobody holy pass my guy..
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Ochelyko1: 10:38am On Oct 31, 2021
No Bible verse can make anyone overcome poverty. Only commitment and hardwork
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2021
BigYash:
I'm not being selective. Believe what you believe and leave every other nigga to what he believes. The Bible is wide and people do interpret it differently. Since I discovered the truth,nobody in this Christianity can tell me shit. God is not an author of confusion .. Old or new Testament God's word doesn't support poverty. For my sake he even became poor,so that I will be rich. So,my guy if you are poor,its a sin already. That is what I blive.. So blive what you blive and let me blive mine. Nobody holy pass my guy..

It is not a question of what I believe. Christ's teachings were very clear, never mind Prosperity preachers and their deceptiveness. As a follower of Christ you are supposed to no longer care that much about this world - how can you then be saying he advocated accumulating riches in it. Like I said it's human nature - just like hating your enemy is human nature. Just don't lie and say that's what Christ taught.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BigYash: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

It is not a question of what I believe. Christ's teachings were very clear, never mind Prosperity preachers and their deceptiveness. As a follower of Christ you are supposed to no longer care that much about this world - how can you then be saying he advocated accumulating riches in it. Like I said it's human nature - just like hating your enemy is human nature. Just don't lie and say that's what Christ taught.
Personal assistant to Jesus,please leave me o. Christ didn't teach you to be poor. Go and read your Bible well my guy
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by ezechi24(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2021
kennyz247:

son of a carpenter

una pastor no go gree tell una the truth .....them go dey tell una things wey go dey make una reason away from reality.....do you think jesus was idol and jobless like the pastors of today....leave that story book you call a bible and face reality....having full time pastors that knows nothing about salvation is backwardness and those things are the major reasons africa is this useless ....apart from our politicians, our pastors, prophets, imams, bishops, popes, chief priest are the major causes of our back wardness...since i stopped going to church and faced reality is see life and the world arround me far more different....only in the religious houses you see a yahoo boy praying for God to pin down his cliant just so he would continue stealing from her....abeg religion is politics.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2021
BigYash:
Personal assistant to Jesus,please leave me o. Christ didn't teach you to be poor. Go and read your Bible well my guy

No one is talking about being poor, we are talking about accumulation of earthly riches. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these other things (your NEEDS) will be given unto you." That's another verse prosperity preachers intentionally misrepresent.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by deepdeep(m): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2021
Story book passages to avert poverty

Suffer no dey tire there people! angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided

What are his benefits?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

What are his benefits?

Things of the spirit: inner peace, inner contentment, inner bliss. Things being rich and having a lot of stuff cannot give

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Hotspotbro(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2021
Hustle o, e dey tire me too o.

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Phraences: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2021
BigYash:

SMH. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BigYash: 11:39am On Oct 31, 2021
Phraences:

SMH. lipsrsealed
Na you know grin
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Phraences: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

No one is talking about being poor, we are talking about accumulation of earthly riches. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these other things (your NEEDS) will be given unto you." That's another verse prosperity preachers intentionally misrepresent.

On social media especially Instagram, when a celebrity displays affluence and luxury, you see people saying “God when?”. Average life is now seen as mediocrity. You must be rich enough to travel to Dubai from time to time, have expensive cars and mansions etc Money, Money, Money!!!! And the economic situation in Nigeria is not helping matters. People want to be rich because of the power and freedom it will bring.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by ukaface(f): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2021
TripleOh7:
How do they work?

You recite them every morning when you wake up?
and then, you would get credit alert.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? / Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo As A Pastor 36 Years Ago / Mummy G.O Of Kpatakpata Fame And Other Nigerian Preachers Who Trended In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.