Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

*“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / *“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * (452 Views)

Develop Personal Relationship With Your Kidnappers, NYSC Tells Corps Members / Bayelsa Election: Run For Your Life - NYSC DG Tells Corps Members / "Shun Needless Travels" - Brig.Gen. Suleiman Kazaure Tells Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * by Authentic79xp(f): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Mr. Adeleye Oluwaferanmi of Google Mind the Gap Leadership Training enlightened corps members on digital economy and it’s vast intricacies, informing them of the need to hone their digital skills during the service year. He urged them to learn and practice digital skills to ensure that Nigeria owns and maintains her place in the ever dynamic digital space.

In the lecture which took place on Saturday at the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp, Ede, Adeleye described digital skill as the use of sophisticated and collaborative tools and devices to access and manage information.

He mentioned the importance of booming the digital economy by learning digital skills while recommending a number of platforms to learn these skills with one being “Google digital skills for Africa”. He spoke extensively on Internet/digital economy advising that Corps Members make use of digital tools to enhance productivity in the place of their primary assignment.

He made mention of the three main components of digital economy which are; E-business Infrastructure,E-business and E-commerce. Explaining the importance and opportunities of the E-commerce sector, he urged Corps members to embrace the opportunity to be digitally fortified as that is what is highly sought after and not mere degree.

Furthermore, he mentioned the ever-increasing numbers in digital usage and internet users. He said that according to statistics, this number increases sporadically day by day, hence the need for every Corps member to be digitally literate.

He concluded by advising them that while they are leveraging on digital skills opportunities they should be optimistic, open minded and ever ready to learn even as the trend changes.

In related terms, an interplatoon Presidential debate on the topic,“Digital skills is compulsory for employability, entrepreneurship development and effective leadership” held with Platoons 10, 5 and 4 emerging 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Re: *“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * by Nackzy: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Nothing as nice as having ICT skills
Re: *“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * by Sheriman(m): 5:59am On Nov 01, 2021
They should pay us our Allawee first before anything. Today is November 1 still I never received alert. Nonsense!!
Re: *“digital Skills, The New Oil”- Adeleye Tells Corps Members * by Lovelace007: 11:13am On Nov 01, 2021
This is 100% true
I was a bit unserious when i came across this avenue not until when i saw a friend of mine who was making it big time with affiliate marketing..
That skills is just easy and simple to setup

(1) (Reply)

A Friend Of Mine Was Posted To Kastina Who Else Was Posted There? / NYSC Condemns Corp Members For Indulging In Raunchy Dance In Orientation Camp / Admission Into Some West Africa Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.