Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,401 members, 7,864,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

If South Can't Clinch The Presidency In 2023, How Certain Is 2031? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If South Can't Clinch The Presidency In 2023, How Certain Is 2031? (1233 Views)

Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. / 2023: Seems The South South Can't Wait To Repay TINUBU / The South Can't Survive Without The North -What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: If South Can't Clinch The Presidency In 2023, How Certain Is 2031? by 9japride(m): 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyatz:

Yoruba is NOT a person.

How do you force millions of people to tow a particular way of thought sir? How do you tell millions of people to agree to a particular party policy?

The most appropriate body to enforce zoning is the political parties. Even at this, the power is more of persuasion and concesus rather than legalistic because some aggrieved party members will still disregard the zoning decision claiminig that it infringe on their democractic rights e.g Abubakar Rimi (2003 PDP primaries) and Goodluck Jonathan (2015 PDP sole candidacy).

The PDP which morally ought to support the quest of the Igbos for the presidency is maintenaining a deafening silence on the matter.
[color=#006600][/color]

Greed is just the driving force in all these. Yea Yoruba is not a person, but for equity and fairness a Yoruba man shouldn't contest same way a Northerner shouldn't contest too. Pdp is just after getting back the seat of the presidency knowing fully well that if they play a northern card they will likely get the post. Same way Apc plays northern card in 2015. Majority of Nigerians are too tribalitic, religious fanatics and hypocrites so I don't even expect much from the next coming elections. My only concern is for next president to reverse the situation of things to the good life of previous years and even better. If we continue to play winner take is all and pepper eye politics, it won't do anyone any good, because more people will be agitated and eventually the security crises will get worst. If we can play gently man politics, I believe everyone will be OK at the end and ensure that no zone is left behind in terms of infrastructure distribution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Helped Abdulsalami Stop Obasanjo's Third Term Bid – Thabo Mbeki / My Official Statement Following My Declaration For Presidency Come 2023 / Is Nigeria A Muslem Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.