Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris (4095 Views)

Group Set To Host FULANI Peace Summit To Review Herdsmen Crisis With Farmers / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing / Buhari Delivers An Address At Mandela Peace Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
PRESIDENT BUHARI TO ATTEND CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE IN GLASGOW; PARTICIPATE IN PARIS PEACE SUMMIT

President Muhammadu Buhari will Sunday, October 31 depart Abuja for Glasgow, Scotland to attend the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

The President is scheduled to deliver his national statement at the High-Level segment for Heads of State and Government at the conference on Tuesday, November 2.

President Buhari’s address is expected to highlight Nigeria’s key priorities and action to tackle climate change as well as progress on the country’s transition to low carbon economy, consistent with achieving the Paris Climate Agreement.

The conference, hosted by the United Kingdom in partnership with Italy, will bring parties together to help accelerate action towards the Paris Agreement as well as the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.

Given Nigeria’s leading role in taking climate action and as a signatory to the Paris Agreement, COP 26 will afford a unique opportunity for the Nigerian delegation to work with other parties to make progress on the main goals of the conference including securing global net zero by mid-century and keeping 1.5C within reach; adapting to protect communities and natural habitats as well as mobilising the much needed finances to meet the set targets.

In Glasgow, President Buhari will participate in some side-line events hosted by US President Joe Biden and French President Emmanuel Macron.

The President will be accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of State, Environment, Sharon Ikeazor, National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd) and Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.

President Buhari will thereafter travel to Paris, France on an official visit to reciprocate an earlier one to Nigeria by the French President, Emmanuel Macron, and also attend the Paris Peace forum 2021, the fourth edition to be hosted by the French President.

It will have Heads of State and Government and CEOs of major multinationals, as well as several civil society actors, gathering to advance concrete solutions to the enormous challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to improve global governance in times of COVID-19.

The Summit will focus on spurring a more solid and inclusive recovery by addressing the various gaps in global governance, offering initiatives to better tend to the global commons, and putting forward new principles of action for the post-COVID world.

While the President is in Paris, the Nigerian government will organize the Nigeria-Paris Forum. The event is expected to pull a crowd of Nigerian and French investors, government and business leaders, diplomats and the media in the hope of showcasing opportunities on both sides as well as bringing enlightenment to bear on the prevailing security, economic and investment climate in Nigeria.

President Buhari is expected back in the country after the engagements.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 31, 2021

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by UTILITYMAY(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
Again?
We really need to see the impacts of all these attend attend attend of a thing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by smile4kenn(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Jostoman: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
We don't want to hear anything like invasion before he comes back o

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by pdppower: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
There is no peace in Nigeria he left behind o. I wonder what he will tell them there.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Maxymilliano(m): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
I admire Buhari's bravery, ow he manage to sit with other World leaders that have sense and still say nonsense will be the greatest inspiration for you to believe in yourself

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
pdppower:
There is no peace in Nigeria he left behind o. I wonder what he will tell them there.
[/s]
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Babaken(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Attending piss submit up and down while there's no piss in your country.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Babaken:
Attending piss submit up and down while there's no piss your country.
[/s]
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Rikze: 6:21am On Nov 01, 2021
shocked

Another waste of scarce resources for a jamboree.

Kicking penalty to throw-in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by doggedfighter(f): 6:21am On Nov 01, 2021
Terrorist attending peace summit.

Irony.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by EmekaBlue(m): 6:21am On Nov 01, 2021
grin
wetin remain for this thin lanky mallam na to attend occasion for out of space if e dey.

Abeg i don't have his time again.

Welcome to November

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Skyfornia(m): 6:22am On Nov 01, 2021
What an irony! From a man that knows nothing about peace. Maybe it is needed so he can be educated about peace...just maybe.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:22am On Nov 01, 2021
Stupid government.

Dead country.

Ogun kill u there! angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by BigDawsNet: 6:23am On Nov 01, 2021
angry angry
Yo' have got to be kiddin' me, be dis a joke or somethang...Why the Bleep dis nigga travelin' the Bleep up n' down.....da north be on wa n' yo' r' flyin your ass every goddamn single week...yo' left nigerians alone ta sort out their muthafuckin' own shit...yo' r' a president not some kind of international ambassador...sit yo' goddamn ass in yo' goddamn country n' do yo' goddam job

God bless da federal republic of Nigeria
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Nonybb: 6:23am On Nov 01, 2021
Smh

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Utanisco(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2021
happy new mnth people

november is always good with me

God bless this mnth
any APC in my life,God will disgrace them..amen

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by vinceyinnovation: 6:23am On Nov 01, 2021
Attending peace summit....

When Guerrilla war is going on in his own country.

Practice what you preach if you cannot then preach what you practice.
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by APCNig: 6:24am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay.

But I think the people that invited him are mad. I hope they also invited ISIS, ISWAP, Al Queda, Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen. A man that arms, funds and support his brothers to kill, main and rape should not be anywhere peace is mentioned. As a matter of fact, he should never be allowed to sit on the same table with humans, instead, he should be in wild dogs' cage where he truly belongs.

You his useless followers, I dey wait for una, before Ogun kee you all, I go first curse your generations yet unborn

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Bobotic(m): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2021
One day I go travel my own.....simple cool

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 01, 2021
[quote author=LordviccoDaGuru post=107220582][/quote]
I think he just likes looking out of the airplane window...watching the clouds.
Because I am sure he doesn't even understand where and why he is going.

Aren't his own people being massacred daily?
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Prayfortheworld: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2021
The only thing this vegetable does is to travel and yet our Economy is crumbling.
Who did we offend ?
Why Nigeria?
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by StPete: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2021
It is totally sickening that Buhari is going to attend all these summits just to waste tax payers monies. None of the summits has so far impacted him nor the country. He's just on a globe-trotting spree, using the opportunity for him and his aides to gbensh foreign babes.

If world's presidents were to be rated, Nigeria would be rated to have the WORST president in the world.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Opeyemic01: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2021
Always globetrotting, with nothing to show only to go there and be reading script written for him, ask him any question on the script read, you will hear incoherent answer. I don't know what Nigeria might have done to be cursed with this man. Anyways save journey Mr President, enjoy your adventure

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Oddfinder: 6:30am On Nov 01, 2021
Ajala the traveller cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by slowice(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2021
Omo enjoy our money grin

At least you can travel the world and lodge in the best hotels for free grin

Apc go soon add this as dividend of democracy grin
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by deenvibe(m): 6:39am On Nov 01, 2021
Attending peace conference when there is no peace in your own constituency.

Oloriburuku aye ati orun ni man yii
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by fasho01(m): 6:41am On Nov 01, 2021
What an irony. Someone who doesn't know Jack about maintaining peace in his own country. And it's not that he's going to go learn anything, but his love for overseas travel using tax layers money.. Lifeless incompetent mannequin
Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 01, 2021
Keep globetrotting you hear

Thank God this is not the 90s and 80s

Your azzzz would be overthrown on one of your useless trips

All your useless waka and cost of living and things that matter to the average Nigerian are sky rocketing. All they celebrate about your administration is 2 rail lines that are under security threats.
8 years nothing achieved
Useless thing

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Attend Peace Summit In Paris by snoopanddre(m): 6:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Nothing is really balanced in d world anymore. A person whose kinsmen are busy killing people up and down all over d country and he feels very un concerned about it when he could easily warn them to stop as d president even if he doesn't want to punish them, attending a peace summit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peer Review: AU Rates Nigeria High In Infrastructure, Agric Revolution / Picture Of The Day. Wike And Brown Envelope. / How Nigerian Army Prevented CBN Governor Emefiele From DSS Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.