Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. (21901 Views)

Dogecoin Experts.please Come In / If Your Presently Not Working Please Come Here Now / If Your Presently Not Working Please Come Here Now (2) (3) (4)

In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by YourBestWriter: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
I work in a public analyst lab. So recently, I felt bored, so I said to my boss, am leaving the job because am travelling to the east. Unsurprisingly, she was okay with that, but then she gave me a phone number of one of her friends there in the east. She said her friend opened a lab recently, and she's referring me to her.

Now my problem is this:

How can I go about it? I won't call the number and say: "hello, my name is Mr xyz, and I was referred by Mrs abc to apply for a position in your lab." That won't sound appropriate; isn't it?

I have searched the internet for probably an email address, but the lab is new, and there are no email addresses.

Guys what do you think? Any suggestions please. Thank you.

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by vivalavida(m): 12:56am On Nov 01, 2021
Call her and tell her who referred you to her. She will most likely call your boss. It will even make the hiring job easier for her.

214 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by YourBestWriter: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2021
vivalavida:
Call her and tell her who referred you to her. She will most likely call your boss. It will even make the hiring job easier for her.

Thank you. Please can you give me a clue on how to go about the call? My boss didn't specifically say she was going to offer me the job straight up. She just gave me her number and urged me to try my luck.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by vivalavida(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2021
YourBestWriter:

Thank you. Please can you give me a clue on how to go about the call? My boss didn't specifically say she was going to offer me the job straight up. She just gave me her number and urged me to try my luck.

Hello ma. I used to work with so so person whom I believe u know. I am trying to relocate back to the east and start my life there. She said she had a friend that just set up a public lab there and gave me your contact. Should you be willing to hire, please I want you to put me into consideration. My cv is available should u need it.

413 Likes 20 Shares

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by YourBestWriter: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
vivalavida:

Hello ma. I used to work with so so person whom I believe u know. I am trying to relocate back to the east and start my life there. She said he had a friend that just set up a public lab there and gave me your contact. Should you be willing to hire, please I want you to put me into consideration. My cv is available should u need it.

Thank you boss, I appreciate.

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Shellsploit: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by mbahdi(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2021
Good.just go to the said lab.when you get there after meeting with the owner whose number was given to u.tell him or her someone said you should call her when you get to her place.just give d owner her number or call her urself and give d phone to her to speak to her and do the explanation their self.cant come and kill myself for myself

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by bazzyblings: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by b3llo(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
If the new employer is more promising than your Boss please grab the opportunity
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Optimistguy1969: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Wetin carpenter no go see ontop newzealand roof

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Boogyman557: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by FalseProphet1(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Go in peace and call the new prospective employer, you will get the job.

This I have seen.

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by bigdammyj: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Serious?
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by sylve11: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
This one sef na thread. sad cool

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by emmadejust(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Interesting grin grin

What's the terms of contract with her from the beginning
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by house10s: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2021
YourBestWriter:
I work in a public analyst lab. So recently, I felt bored, so I said to my boss, am leaving the job because am travelling to the east. Unsurprisingly, she was okay with that, but then she gave me a phone number of one of her friends there in the east. She said her friend opened a lab recently, and she's referring me to her.

Now my problem is this:

How can I go about it? I won't call the number and say: "hello, my name is Mr xyz, and I was referred by Mrs abc to apply for a position in your lab." That won't sound appropriate; isn't it?

I have searched the internet for probably an email address, but the lab is new, and there are no email addresses.

so everything is now online matter how old are u?

u are travelling dey gave u number n u dey complain shouldn't u b glad.

jeez fucking weakly in this generation

24 Likes

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by revived: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2021
Nawa Oooooo

You get job and you still dae boring of the job wey you dae do
Be like sapa never nack you 2x2

You boss cun give you another employer number you come here dae ask question

Be like sae inheritance dae wey you dae enjoy

Or you dun dae collect benefits whether you work or not

Wooo E go be for you shaaaa

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by WiszyFraud: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2021
sylve11:
This one sef na thread. sad cool

The forum is finishing lipsrsealed

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Timoleon(m): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2021
Very WTF
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by omowolewa: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2021
You mean your boss want to Loan you out, you must be good then.

Please, if you don't have anything doing currently, go. They must have discussed your issues. So feel free to explore.

vivalavida:

Hello ma. I used to work with so so person whom I believe u know. I am trying to relocate back to the east and start my life there. She said he had a friend that just set up a public lab there and gave me your contact. Should you be willing to hire, please I want you to put me into consideration. My cv is available should u need it.

This maybe good for your conversation. Bros, hail o

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by hysteresis: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by 900warriorz: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Nawa to you o....You get Job, wahala...you want to get a new job, another wahala

What do you want precisely? undecided

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Tokskob2008: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2021
You have been connected already so what's so difficult in making the call and hearing what the other employer has to say

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Lamasta(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2021
When you get to the east contact the employer and tell him/her your former boss gave you his/her no and you will like to enquire if there is vacancy for you to apply....He/She will tell you what's next

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Godada(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by FLESHnBLOOD(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2021
I don't have issues with you relocating to the east but where I have issues is u saying you are bored and that's y u r relocating to the east. Hope ur village people r not remoting you. Na so e dey start.

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Paulyaweh(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2021
It sounds like you don't need the job.
Or do you have an issue with Calling people.
Your boss is a very nice person to even recommend for another job after resigning.
Better pick up your phone and call the number..
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Passionnn: 11:13am On Nov 01, 2021
Please if you don't know what to do with the phone number, give it to me make I help you call am.
You that is already dancing Awilo Logomba will just come here and for surprise...

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2021
Op Asif you no want work sef.

Your oga don finish work for you, you still the confuse, abi you want make she call her friend make she call you??

Your madam don give you yam, if you like no go look for oil, the wait make she find oil give you

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2021
YourBestWriter:

Now my problem is this:

Thanks for sharing

Could it be you are making this more complicated than it needs to be?

Why do you need an email when a friend of the potential employer has already given you a DIRECT phone number?

(If that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is.)

And what exactly is "inappropriate" in stating the FACTS?

Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by bobbybrown007: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2021
My guy call her, for her to recomend you to her frnd, it means that u are very good at the job you do, dont loose this chance which is been given to you with a golden spoon on it
Re: In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. by Newyorkitis(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2021
That's a recommendation!

Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2024 (NNBTS BATCH 36) / Flutterwave Internship / How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions