Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo (2278 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari Is Not Against Ndigbo, He Will Release Nnamdi Kanu - Onyema (vi / Infrastructure: Buhari Not Discriminating Against Ndigbo — Hon. Ben Kalu [VIDEO] / Civil War: Ikpeazu Demands Apology Over Crimes Against Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by ScamHunter: 3:52am On Nov 01, 2021
All tribes have liars and Ndigbo are no exception. However, as we know, genuine Christians are among the few class of people that do not lie. However, in the traditional Igbo culture, there are people that are known as the custodians of tradition and truth. These are the Nze na Ozo. In the days of yore, the words of a titled man was never doubted. Acculturation has dealt sever blow on the African culture and Igbo is no exception.

An titled man was once called as a witness in court and asked to swear with the Bible. He told the judge that that was not necessary, that his title was enough to ensure the veracity of his words. That is how it was in those days. That is how it should be. So what are the common lies against Ndigbo by our adversaries?

1. Igbo have no word for Love. This is half-truth. In Igbo language, there is no direct word for Love, but an expression because it is foolhardy for anyone to claim that Igbo do not know what Love is because we do not have a single word for it but a phrase used in expressing it. It is equally interesting to note that Igbo language also has no single word for hate. It is also expressed with a phrase.
In Igbo,
love is Ihu na anya
Hate is Ikpo Asi

So if you claim that Ndigbo do not love because we have no single word for love, it should also make sense that you state that Ndigbo do not hate because we do not have a single word for hate.

2. The secession crisis in Ala Igbo is as a result of Illiteracy
Ordinarily, this is nonsense, so I wouldn't waste time on it. Every tribe in Africa knows that Ndigbo are among the brightest minds in the continent. In fact, the genesis of the challenges of the modern-day Igbo stems from the fact that we are clearly the only Nigerian tribe that looked the whiteman in the eye. The colonial bias against Igbo was transmitted to the Nigerian state and tribes. If you say that Igbo are not literate enough or intellectually challenged, why the imbalance between admission score requirement between Igbo children (up to 160) while some tribe are admitted with scores as low as 6? As far as I know, the other tribes that are comparably intellectually smart like Igbo may be Ibibio. This is not surprising since they are ancestral cousins of Igbo.

3. Igbo like money
Really? This one is just an expression of hypocrisy. The Igbo drive that makes the Igbo wake up early and work when other tribes may be sleeping, the Igbo drive and quest for success is what they misrepresent as love for money. Well, the average Igbo is a hard worker because we Igbo love good things. That is why despite being at the periphery politically, there is no single tribe that takes care of their own like Igbo. The spending ability of the average Igbo man is higher than most other tribes. That is why wherever the Igbo lives, business thrives.

4. Fajuyi volunteered to die with Ironsi. Since I have been researching lies against Ndigbo, this is one of the biggest lies perpetuated against an Igbo man. Both Ironsi and Fajuyi were marked for death by the coupist. In fact, Danjuma was not even a core member of the coup planners like Mohammed and Gowon, but circumstances brought him in contact of junior northern soldiers on the night of the coup and he naturally took command being one of the president's security details. Fajuyi actually wanted to negotiate for his own life and abandon Ironsi. That coup has survivors such as Danjuma. Obviously, the traditional hatred for Igbo by the Lagos-Ibadan press is responsible for perpetuating this lie that made Fajuyi a martyr.

5. Ndigbo do not love themselves
Well, it is obvious that between Igbo who have shown that they are loyal to their own (Nnamdi Kanu) and Yoruba who abandoned theirs (Sunday Igboho) that Igbo have traditionally been the loyal and loving tribe.

Ndiigbo Ndewonu....

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by gentiles(m): 4:29am On Nov 01, 2021
B

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Usonkwu: 5:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Who says Igbo don't have single words for love/hate? What is uto/ini, enyi/ilo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Guide777(m): 5:19am On Nov 01, 2021
I agree with OP in almost all but the fact that Danjuma was not part of the Coup. Danjuma was actually the snitch. The one who betrayed the boss.
Even now, I could see how Gen. Ironsi's apprehension and hopelessness transformed to an array of hope when his eyes beheld his ADC and others entered into Ibadan Government house. And how his countenance quickly sank to dispair when his Trusted Theo, just like Brutus betrayed him. What he whimpered could have been , Et tu Theophilius!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Difrent: 5:48am On Nov 01, 2021
ScamHunter:
All tribes have liars and Ndigbo are no exception. However, as we know, genuine Christians are among the few class of people that do not lie. However, in the traditional Igbo culture, there are people that are known as the custodians of tradition and truth. These are the Nze na Ozo. In the days of yore, the words of a titled man was never doubted. Acculturation has dealt sever blow on the African culture and Igbo is no exception.

An titled man was once called as a witness in court and asked to swear with the Bible. He told the judge that that was not necessary, that his title was enough to ensure the veracity of his words. That is how it was in those days. That is how it should be. So what are the common lies against Ndigbo by our adversaries?

1. Igbo have no word for Love. This is half-truth. In Igbo language, there is no direct word for Love, but an expression because it is foolhardy for anyone to claim that Igbo do not know what Love is because we do not have a single word for it but a phrase used in expressing it. It is equally interesting to note that Igbo language also has no single word for hate. It is also expressed with a phrase.
In Igbo,
love is Ihu na anya
Hate is Ikpo Asi

So if you claim that Ndigbo do not love because we have no single word for love, it should also make sense that you state that Ndigbo do not hate because we do not have a single word for hate.

2. The secession crisis in Ala Igbo is as a result of Illiteracy
Ordinarily, this is nonsense, so I wouldn't waste time on it. Every tribe in Africa knows that Ndigbo are among the brightest minds in the continent. In fact, the genesis of the challenges of the modern-day Igbo stems from the fact that we are clearly the only Nigerian tribe that looked the whiteman in the eye. The colonial bias against Igbo was transmitted to the Nigerian state and tribes. If you say that Igbo are not literate enough or intellectually challenged, why the imbalance between admission score requirement between Igbo children (up to 160) while some tribe are admitted with scores as low as 6? As far as I know, the other tribes that are comparably intellectually smart like Igbo may be Ibibio. This is not surprising since they are ancestral cousins of Igbo.

3. Igbo like money
Really? This one is just an expression of hypocrisy. The Igbo drive that makes the Igbo wake up early and work when other tribes may be sleeping, the Igbo drive and quest for success is what they misrepresent as love for money. Well, the average Igbo is a hard worker because we Igbo love good things. That is why despite being at the periphery politically, there is no single tribe that takes care of their own like Igbo. The spending ability of the average Igbo man is higher than most other tribes. That is why wherever the Igbo lives, business thrives.

4. Fajuyi volunteered to die with Ironsi. Since I have been researching lies against Ndigbo, this is one of the biggest lies perpetuated against an Igbo man. Both Ironsi and Fajuyi were marked for death by the coupist. In fact, Danjuma was not even a core member of the coup planners like Mohammed and Gowon, but circumstances brought him in contact of junior northern soldiers on the night of the coup and he naturally took command being one of the president's security details. Fajuyi actually wanted to negotiate for his own life and abandon Ironsi. That coup has survivors such as Danjuma. Obviously, the traditional hatred for Igbo by the Lagos-Ibadan press is responsible for perpetuating this lie that made Fajuyi a martyr.

5. Ndigbo do not love themselves
Well, it is obvious that between Igbo who have shown that they are loyal to their own (Nnamdi Kanu) and Yoruba who abandoned theirs (Sunday Igboho) that Igbo have traditionally been the loyal and loving tribe.

Ndiigbo Ndewonu....

Na the post saying theres no word for love in ibo language that made you create this thread abi....
Okay we don hear

My own is what does BIAFRA mean in ibo language . I ask because i in ipob mean indigenous so i assume biafra must have a meaning in ibo language..

WHAT DOES BIAFRA MEAN IN IBO LANGUAGE

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 5:52am On Nov 01, 2021
gentiles:
You woke up in the middle of the night to open the thread. Are you seeing Yoruba's in your dream. The hate is real, Life is too short to occupy yourself with envy, jealousy and hatred. Free yourself from the excess baggage .
Shut up! You should free yourself from brown roof, skull mining and ritual killings.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by alanto: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2021
Lol grin
Gbo eleyi o nesestry.
Ko nesestry rara. grin
Awa jiire ni ile Oodua to ri pe a fi iwa sogbon. cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Goldencheese(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2021
Not necessary. The south needs to unite to wrest power and dominance from the north.

1 Like

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by helinues: 6:14am On Nov 01, 2021
shocked undecided undecided

Considering the time of writing this epistle, op just confirmed that number one is true

14 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Guestlander: 6:25am On Nov 01, 2021
These Ibos are funny. So, the same people who killed Fajuyi for killing their leaders later buried Fajuyi with full military honors.
Fajuyi then must have been the only soldier in the history of Nigeria to be accorded such honors after a failed coup, and I wonder why.

Fajuyi was a rare gem, a true son of Ekiti. No amount of revisionism will ever erase that. I think it is true there's no word for love in Ibo language.

21 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Homeboiy: 6:32am On Nov 01, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by KoshCAD: 6:34am On Nov 01, 2021
gentiles:
You woke up in the middle of the night to open the thread. Are you seeing Yoruba's in your dream. The hate is real, Life is too short to occupy yourself with envy, jealousy and hatred. Free yourself from the excess baggage .
I wonder.

Yoruba name must be chasing him in his dream

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by KoshCAD: 6:36am On Nov 01, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Shut up! You should free yourself from brown roof, skull mining and ritual killings.
See this one.

Oya tell us, how many children are you and your family going to pound today for your usual ritual grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by KoshCAD: 6:43am On Nov 01, 2021
The op is just wailing.

We all know the truth, he can even say ironsi was not killed in ibadan na.

The same way they keep lying that yorubas didn't return their properties after the war but the truth and the record is there.

We all know Fajuyi decided to die with his boss. No amount of denial can erase the truth.

He claimed to love themselves, but communal clash happens daily in their backyard resulting into killing burning and maiming themselves.

They love themselves but OSU and Diala can't marry or do anything whatsoever together.

Keep fooling yourself.

15 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 6:50am On Nov 01, 2021
KoshCAD:
See this one.

Oya tell us, how many children are you and your family going to pound today for your usual ritual grin
Mumu, you should tell us how many of your dead relatives you've exhumed their body and harvested their organs.

1 Like

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by KoshCAD: 6:53am On Nov 01, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Mumu, you should tell us how many of your dead relatives you've exhumed their body and harvested their organs.
Answer me and stop parambulating.

I don't need to ask how many number of human meat you going to eat today cos it is uncountable.

How many children have you people kept for pounding today?

Children pounding tribe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by AlexBells(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2021
First of all, remove Ikpo asi as the Igbo equivalent of hate, ikpo asi is deeper than regular hate, ikpo asi can be perceived from the nose, it has a smell to it, igbo language is more sophisticated, don't mind those caward whom instead of fighting for their son tried to make him a sacrifice, we fought for Ironsi and I'm proud we did, if Fajuyi died for Ironsi, who did Abiola die for, who did Fellas mother die for

1 Like

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by ThEGodFaThEr106: 6:59am On Nov 01, 2021
KoshCAD:

I don't need to ask how many number of human meat you going to eat today cos it is uncountable.

Children pounding tribe.
You that your agbero of a father will still use for ritual so as to gain promotion in NURTW.
If I may ask, how's your mother fairing after collecting gbosa's from 5 different agberos under the bridge?

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Conner44: 7:09am On Nov 01, 2021
KoshCAD:

Children pounding tribe.

See people your people below Watch the shirt pattern lol

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by techWriter3: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2021
contemplating the moment of composing this dedicatory, moll just indicated that proportion one is true

2 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by IgweOfNnewi: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

He should join baby factory ritualism, drug trafficking, scamming and swindling or ESN for killing of security operatives.

3 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Shaolin77: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2021
Why are you worried on what Yoruba ppl said?

Everyone knows Yorubas are bitter, Brainless illiterate(no offense) that condemn and propagate everything that isn't on their favor

2 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by KoshCAD: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Shaolin77:
Why are you worried on what Yoruba ppl said?

Everyone knows Yorubas are bitter, Brainless illiterate(no offense) that condemn and propagate everything that isn't on their favor
Offense ke lol.

Illiterate that produce nobel laureate that your tribe cry over daily.

Illiterate that that produced graduates that graduated with 5.0 cgpa

Illiterate that produce medical graduates that graduated with 7.0

Illiterate that produce best mathematician

Illiterate that produce first ever doctor.

I don't want to go further

I will rather come from such illiterate tribe all my life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by orisa37: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2021
WHAT DOES BIAFRA MEAN IN IBO LANGUAGE?

BIAFRA MEANS TRIBE. INSTEAD OF IGBO OR IBO PEOPLE, CALL THEM BIAFRA. IT'S THEIR CHOICE AND I AM BEGINNING TO LIKE IT. BUT LIMIT BIAFRA TO IMO ABIA ENUGU EBOYIN AND ANAMBRA STATES.
Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by tamdun: 7:44am On Nov 01, 2021
U people are just impossible to associate with

2 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by orisa37: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2021
WHAT DOES BIAFRA MEAN IN IBO LANGUAGE?

BIAFRA MEANS SOUTH EAST AND TO COVER

ANIOMA STATE

ABIA STATE

ANAMBRA STATE

EBONYI STATE

ENUGU STATE

IMO STATE AND

ORASHI STATE.

2 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 01, 2021
gentiles:

Lol. If OP is up at 3.00am posting this garbage then he is surely seeing Yorubas and Tinubu torturing him in his nightmare dreams. Most IPOBians do anyway. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2021
Guestlander:
These Ibos are funny. So, the same people who killed Fajuyi for killing their leaders later buried Fajuyi with full military honors.
Fajuyi then must have been the only soldier in the history of Nigeria to be accorded such honors after a failed coup, and I wonder why.

Fajuyi was a rare gem, a true son of Ekiti. No amount of revisionism will ever erase that. I think it is true there's no word for love in Ibo language.

I believe so too given that hating others, and constantly seeking ways to divide them, is all Igbos are obsessed with.

3 Likes

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by valirex: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2021
DMerciful I thought you said your people and the Yorubas are working an alliance, what are your people now bursting? Lol grin

Clown

Re: Busting Some Common Yoruba Lies Against Ndigbo by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2021
I agree with you on all of the above except number 3.

I'm not Igbo, but I used to go to Igbo land for business.

Everybody knows the Igbos love money more than any tribe in Nigeria, that's why they are widely known as most shrewd entrepreneurs and business-minded people.

By the way, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN LOVING MONEY. Me too I love money. The problem is HOW U GET IT (thru legal or illegal means) and HOW U SPEND IT (wisely or extravagantly).

NOTE: U didn't say anything about drug smuggling accusations on Igbos. Is it true Igbos are drug smugglers?

No hard feelings intended about the above question.

FYI: I love Igbos more than any tribe among all the tribes of the black race, including mine.

I hope in my next life I will rise as an oyinbo (if I will be allow to rise as a non-Black) or an Igbo (If I must rise as a Black person).

(1) (2) (Reply)

KANONIZATION Of University Of Ibadan / The Opponent is Tinubu, Not Online Noise Makers, INEC New Reg is Witness-Omokri / Osun State Governor, Oyetola Convoy stoned yesterday by Residents (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.