Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri (21755 Views)

Seyi Makinde: APC Is Not A Party Anyone Should Be Interested In Joining / Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity / Foreign Investors Waiting For A Buhari Loss Before Investing In Nigerian Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by SmartPolician: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Hyperledger Fabric blockchain

That's a private blockchain.

Kindly point me to the source of your information.
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
SmartPolician:

That's a private blockchain.

Kindly point me to the source of your information.

https://techpoint.africa/2021/10/06/enaira-control-and-transparency/
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by emae009(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
[quote author=hermesprogidy post=107240835][/quote]

if you had read properly I said "imaginary insane amount" ... "strong economy"
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by emae009(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
Datedoboy:

Bro pls find out how Ghana strengthened their currency. The new cedis as we speak is more valuable than the Naira that is why Nigerians go there to set up shops. Ghana does not export more than what we export. I use to have this mindset that your economy must be strong but as I grew up I conducted a research and I discovered we were lied to. Naira was devalued for no just reason. What we experience that made us devalue the Naira, some countries that experienced same with lesser exports did not devalue their currency

you're talking about devaluing of currency. I was talking about pegging a currency to the dollar. You can't wake up tomorrow and say 1 naira = 1 dollar
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by jojothaiv(m): 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
I love the back and forth plastered on the first two pages..

Eye opening discussions, objective and truthful..

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Timoleon(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
GeneralDae:

His point is that Ghana is not really exporting that much but heaven did not fall when they did what they did. You haven't really addressed that part. You just keep asking the same question.. "is Ghana your competition".
heaven did not fall, is Ghana now heaven? How has it translated to development for Ghanaians? Is our ambition as Nigerians to be like Ghanaians?

Is Ghana our competition or our aim is higher (to be the best in Africa) ? Answer objectively and honestly to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Timoleon(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
That guy is a dreamer.
emae009:

you're talking about devaluing of currency. I was talking about pegging a currency to the dollar. You can't wake up tomorrow and say 1 naira = 1 dollar
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Datedoboy: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
[quote author=GeneralDae post=107248689]
Bro don't worry Timoleon can read hearts to know I am not thinking of others. He still sees Naira as better than cedis. I hope he saw how many Nigerian traders were disgraced in Ghana. Ghana is not our competition Zimbabwe is
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Pierocash(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mrblaq1990:

Do you also know that the eNaira is run on blockchain?
that it runs on block chain doesn't make it crypto. And that it is digital doesn't make it crypto.

Can it be mined , is it Decentralized or centralized? Is it tracked and regulated? If the answer is yes ,then it is nowhere near been called a crypto.

It is issued by banks,and regulated by CBN .how is that crypto.

Can Bitcoin be tracked or controlled? The essence of crypto ,is to eliminate third party interference,it is a p2p currency. E-Naira is not so , banks can determine who owns it or not,you can be locked out of your money if u step on the power that be, it can be traced.

Can any crypto be traced?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Datedoboy: 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Timoleon:
heaven did not fall, is Ghana now heaven? How has it translated to development for Ghanaians? Is our ambition as Nigerians to be like Ghanaians?

Is Ghana our competition or our aim is higher (to be the best in Africa) ? Answer objectively and honestly to yourself.
U saw how Nigerian traders were disgraced in Ghana and it took the intervention of our VP to calm nerves.
Our aim is to be higher by introducing naira for dollar? It is development for them cos their currency is better that is why their Government asked Giant of Africa citizens to pay 1m usd b4 u do business there and yet people are rushing there.
Let me answer your question. Our aim is to be better than Ghana by introducing policies that will make 5kNaira equal to 1usd. Our competition is not Ghana. Ghana is too small We are competing with Zimbabwe after all Ghana has more exports than us

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Kyf1: 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
True
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by nelcliff(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
Pierocash:
Reno fail to understand that the E-Naira is not Crypto currency, it is just digital ,but not a crypto. So they don't serve same purpose.

Did you read at all Or you just rush to comment?

Kindly do read it again and again and again.. You will grasped what he said..

Don't quote me because I'm too busy to respond.

Thank you
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Datedoboy: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
emae009:

You can bro. The government can wake up one morning and say 1NGN is 0.5 usd and nothing will happen.

are we not facing inflation already?
Why can't we do so?

I don't go with the norms. We should think outside the box. If we do it what will happen? Okay when 1ngn was equal to 1gbp, GBP o not USD was our economy better than that of the the us? Even if we go back to produce more than what we were producing in 1970 and us stops exporting anything, I can bet anyone that the Usd will still be greater.

Devaluation favours the elites cos they pile up their funds in hard currencies and wen they bring such funds here it becomes massive.

Wen u bring it 2m dollars here and it is 2m ngn or wen u bring ur 2m usd here and it becomes 2 bil usd which do u think they will prefer?
The poor masses suffer more

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by emae009(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
Datedoboy:

You can bro. The government can wake up one morning and say 1NGN is 0.5 usd and nothing will happen.

are we not facing inflation already?
Why can't we do so?

I don't go with the norms. We should think outside the box. If we do it what will happen? Okay when 1ngn was equal to 1gbp,our economy was better than more the us right?

Devaluation favours the elites cos they pile up their funds in hard currencies and wen they bring such funds here it becomes massive.

Wen u bring it 2m dollars here and it is 2m ngn or wen u bring ur 2m usd here and it becomes 2 bil usd which is better.

I'll just leave you with this:

leave the elites propaganda for a second and reason as an importer or exporter or business person.
if you still don't see how that's not possible then I can't help you either
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Timoleon(m): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
nigerians are going to Ghana because the country has an economy that is conducive for business. Not because cedi is higher. There’s peace and security, there’s constant electricity and there’s a progressive thinking government. If Nigeria has these, many people wont bother traveling out for business irrespective of the value of naira. Know this and know peace.
Datedoboy:

U saw how Nigerian traders were disgraced in Ghana and it took the intervention of our VP to calm nerves.
Our aim is to be higher by introducing naira for dollar? It is development for them cos their currency is better that is why their Government asked Giant of Africa citizens to pay 1m usd b4 u do business there and yet people are rushing there.
Let me answer your question. Our aim is to be better than Ghana by introducing policies that will make 5kNaira equal to 1usd. Our competition is not Ghana. Ghana is too small We are competing with Zimbabwe after all Ghana has more exports than us
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Buzx: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
SmartPolician:

What's the name of the blockchain?

The enaira is built on hyperledger fabric; a private and permissioned blockchain where data are only accessable by the organisation who controls it. This means that you cannot look up transactions or view certain data. The enaira is built on this type of blockchain technology and there's no "token" or "Cryptocurrency" here. The enaira is not a cryptocurrency, but it is built on blockchain technology.
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Buzx: 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
hardasan:

I'm actually surprised you are this educated, judging by your occasional biased posts.

Anyway, here's my 2cents, the Nigerian government messed up on this enaira. It's a cryptocurrency without a tokenomics, rendering it as useless as a wallet created by any shopping site just that this wallet was created by the CBN.

This thing is really not hard... Few things that will turn enaira around:
1. A coin with an infinite supply would need external factors to appreciate (which Nigeria lacks, judging by the physical naira's performance). Let there be a defined number of mintable coins. Even if they peg the total supply at 22trillion, e go finish. The lesser the supply, the higher the value of the coin. Common sense

2. Staking a.k.a fixed deposit, let them create a fixed deposit system, that's the only way to successfully encourage people not to spend their enaira.

3. Let people be able to raise bank instruments in any currency from their staked enaira balance or send payments in any currency to anywhere

4. Ease of sign-up, will an investor from Malaysia or Australia need a BVN and an otp to invest ? Checkout other wallets, with a password phrase and maybe a pin, you're good to go. Email can be added for security reasons but all these verification bla bla bla needs to stop

5. Let the government forget about trying to know who owns what... When they link their wallet to their bank account, you'll know who they are. But a millionaire from South Africa definitely doesn't want anyone snooping around his identity...

6. Let's have something like a bscscan where every transaction can be tracked so we know where our tokens vanished to if something funny happens.

I bet it, naira will appreciate tremendously if this happens...

Note: e-naira is a cryptocurrency built on the Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain which is an open source block chain targeting financial houses and governments.

The enaira is not a cryptocurrency. That something is built on a blockchain does mean that there is a token. The hyperledger is a private blockchain used by organizations for different purposes. It is also used in supply chain by private organisations in the industry to allow them share data and automate workflow, so there's no "token" or "Cryptocurrency" here.

The enaira cannot be some of the things you listed above because that's not its aim. It isn't meant to be listed on exchanges and traded for other coins. You cannot view transactions or data because it is hosted on a private blockchain only accessible to the government. Central bank digital currencies are not cryptocurrencies.
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by hardasan(f): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
Buzx:

The enaira cannot be some of the things you listed above because that's not its aim.

If the e-naira wasn't designed to do any of these things, how then does the CBN hope the e-naira can help improve the value of the naira ?

The e-naira as it is a wallet with an infinite supply closed to foreigners and individuals without a BVN which makes it effectively naira in, naira out.

What then is the difference between it and a mobile banking app? Cus this is literally a mobile banking app owned by CBN and not a digital currency.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by BLIZZARDCON: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
This Reno Omokri needs to know that e-naira is not a cryptocurrency.
He needs to go and learn to research first before making a fool of this his activism.

Buhari is not as blank as Jonathan, period!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Datedoboy: 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Timoleon:
nigerians are going to Ghana because the country has an economy that is conducive for business. Not because cedi is higher. There’s peace and security, there’s constant electricity and there’s a progressive thinking government. If Nigeria has these, many people wont bother traveling out for business irrespective of the value of naira. Know this and know peace.
Agreed but strength of a currency is part of it. Ghana is not the only peaceful country. Will they rush there if 1ngn is 1000cedis?
Why are they not much in Gambia? Gambia is peaceful too with favourable business conditions even better than Ghana that demands $1m.
Asides that, Collecting $1m usd from foreigners b4 they do business if their currency is lower than ours is not favourable to me maybe it is to you

We can't have a progressive thinking government if we believe d only way to save the Naira is if we export more. This is one way thinking which Ghana refused to follow.
Ghana did something with regards their currency, they even stopped their major export which is cocoa and heaven did not fall.

Mark my words very soon they will start making Nigeria must go bags in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Datedoboy: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
emae009:

I'll just leave you with this:

leave the elites propaganda for a second and reason as an importer or exporter or business person.
if you still don't see how that's not possible then I can't help you either

As an importer if with Ngn10,000 I can import goods worth $10,000 won't i be happy? Maybe u won't but I will be extremely happy. Ask many importers now if they are happy with the current exchange rate.
Re: Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The mistake he is making is thinking the e naira is a new form of currency when it is just an imitation of physical naira currency.

You cant pegged 1 naira to be 1 dollars, when physical fiat is not pegged like that

Am also following him, thebosstrevor1, na legend with high intelligent quotient, I just like reading his comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku, Akande Battle For APC BOT Chairmanship / Military Launches “Operation Delta Safe” In The Niger Delta / Why Nigerians Are Hungry – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.