Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts (29722 Views)

Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue / Court Stops FG From Unlawful Deduction Of $418million From States Account / PDP Criticizes Anambra Government Over Alleged Deduction Of Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:20am On Nov 01, 2021
The Deposit Money Banks are recovering debts owed by chronic debtors from their accounts in other banks to curb the growth of non-performing loans in the industry, findings have revealed.

Figures obtained from the Central Bank of Nigeria and the National Bureau of Statistics showed that the NPLs in the banks recorded a slight decline from N1.2tn at the end of second quarter of 2020 to N1.1tn at the end of July 2021.

This is despite an increase in the gross loans in the industry in the period. The CBN said the measures it introduced such as the Global Standing Instruction to reduce banking sector risks was helping to reduce the NPLs in the sector.

According to the CBN, the GSI, which commenced on August 1, 2020, allows banks to recover the outstanding principal and interest upon default from any account maintained by the debtor across all financial institutions in Nigeria.

It said the slight improvement reflected the strengthening of risk management practices, the GSI policy and regulatory forbearance that had allowed banks to restructure credits impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Figures obtained from the NBS on banking sector for Q3 2020 showed that while the gross loans in the lending industry stood at N18.9tn, the total non-performing loans stood at N1.2tn.

The latest figures from the CBN showed that while the gross loans rose to N22.2tn, the NPLs fell slightly to N1.1tn.

The CBN said in the latest Monetary Policy Committee report that it would not raise the lending rates in the sector.

“On loosening, the committee felt that this would lower retail interest rates and improve the ability of obligors to repay their obligations, with a complementary reduction in NPLs,” it said.

CBN added that for the banking industry, “Recent data also show that stability has been maintained and a smooth functioning of financial intermediation ensured.

“CBN staff report indicates that the banking sector’s non-performing loan ratio has fallen from 6.3 per cent in February to 6.0 per cent in March and further to 5.9 per cent in April.”

The MPC noted that the capital adequacy ratio and the liquidity ratio both remained above the prudential limits at 15.2 and 41.7 per cent, respectively at the end of July 2021.

The committee also welcomed the improvement in the NPL ratio at 5.4 per cent in July 2021, compared with 5.7 per cent in June.

The committee urged the banks to sustain current efforts to bring the NPLs below the 5.0 per cent prudential benchmark.

Source: https://punchng.com/banks-begin-deduction-of-loans-from-chronic-debtors-accounts/

4 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by RenaissanceGuy: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
It's only rich men who borrow billions who have and also refuse to pay.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by June15(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2021
Until thy kingdom come, them no fit do nothing.. deducting customer's money with their consent, is like embazzlement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by SpatialKing(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2021
Wahala
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by JavaScript90: 9:27am On Nov 01, 2021
Very good. Nigerians don't like paying their debts. I wonder the tree they think the lender plucked the money from.

Na for this nairaland a chronic debtor was looking for a way to tarnish sokoloan image simply because sokoloan sent embarrassing messages to his contacts when he defaulted despite agreeing to such when he accepted their terms.

Government should employ this method so that loan apps and other lenders can easily collect back their loans.

NO HIDING PLACE FOR CHRONIC DEBTORS
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website or mobile app for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Davash222(m): 9:28am On Nov 01, 2021
Access Bank should find a place in their heart to forget that 100K... Why all these na

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by omowolewa: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2021
What happened to Collateral Security held for the loans

3 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by johnrash(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2021
smiley
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 01, 2021
So the banks are giving out loans to their friends without collaterals.Meanwhile,if an ordinary man go to the bank for loan they will be asking for collaterals and stringent conditions?They are using depositors fund to gamble.

8 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by sweetonugbu: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2021
Okpari
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by bigdammyj: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Shetemi12(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Na person wey get money for account dey worry

8 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Weedhustler: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Country hard ahswear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Lastmankc(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Wetin go happen to my friend wey them don blacklist even loan app?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by FalseProphet1(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
I see banks running out of cash in the coming months cos the leaders would have looted anything that looks like money away from the surface of the map of Nigeria, I see Nigerians resorting to saving money inside kolo, stockings and inside cooking pot, I see the use of horses and donkeys becoming an option for most people due to hardship.

This I have seen.

13 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Onyenna(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Perfecttouchade: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
grin
Happy New Month Sirs/Ma's looking for a good and well aluminium fabrication, just slide in the plug

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by aragon4realz(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2021
if you owe bank go pay back oh, collateral or not ,if you quote me ,you get banned,try and see

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Onyenna(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2021
Joysticks:
So the banks are giving out loans to their friends without collaterals.Meanwhile,if an ordinary man go to the bank for loan they will be asking for collaterals and stringent conditions?They are using depositors fund to gamble.

It’s a pity.......
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Boogyman557: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by EmmaLege: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Chai
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by Callisto1(m): 11:08am On Nov 01, 2021
This is the best way to get back funds from Nigerians. we dont like to pay back debt

2 Likes

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by FBIBOT(m): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Davash222:
Access Bank should find a place in their heart to forget that 100K... Why all these na

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by DropsMic(m): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by lolu2019: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Naija sef dey owe.
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:10am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay naaw
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by seyz91(m): 11:10am On Nov 01, 2021
cheesy
Shetemi12:
Na person wey get money for account dey worry
Re: Banks Begin Deduction Of Loans From Chronic Debtors’ Accounts by paymentvoucher: 11:10am On Nov 01, 2021
WAWU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa: Sit-At-Home For 26th May 2022 Will Still Hold / President Tinubu Celebrates Election Tribunal Victory In India (Video) / Wike: Umahi Wants To Be President In APC, He Should Stop Telling Lies About PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.