Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue (18793 Views)

‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / PDP Crisis: Governor Wike Vows To Resist "Northern Dominance" / Illegal Oil Deals: FG To Expose Officials Behind $69bn Loot In US Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Djdeebrain(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2022
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike (right) and his Abia State counterpart, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu at the inauguration of Pa Ishmael Ikpeazu Library in Umuobiakwa community, Abia State… yesterday.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has threatened to expose officials stopping Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) loans to Abia and Benue states.

Wike claimed the motive was to punish Governor Samuel Ortom and Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for supporting his demand for the resignation of the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Iyorchia Ayu.

He spoke at Ikpeazu’s 58th birthday celebration in his country home at Umuobiakwa community in Obingwa Council of Abia State on Tuesday.

“I will tell you very soon, how money that was supposed to come to Abia State for my friend to use to develop Abia State was stopped recently by those who think they own this country, by those who think Ikpeazu did not support them. Because Ikpeazu supported me, they stopped Abia State from getting the money they are supposed to get to develop Ariara market.

“Okezie Ikpeazu is just the governor of Abia State. He is not the owner of Abia State. He is just a symbol of Abia State. Anybody who fights Abia State, you’re not fighting Okezie, you are fighting the people of Abia.”

Wike, in a statement by his media aide, Kelvin Ebiri, said the CBN loan is a facility designed to be available to every state of the Federation. According to him, Rivers State has accessed and secured the loan already.

“I will tell all of you, how Abia and Benue states were denied of their money that every state had received from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

“I got it (CBN loan). Anybody, who dares to stop my money, they know, I will not take it from them. You can see how people are wicked, they are not in office yet, but they are fighting people, stopping states’ money.

“Even as we have criticised President Muhammadu Buhari, he has never stopped our money any day, never.”

Wike frowned on some Nigerians, who carry on as masters over others and treat people as slaves.

He restated his call for the resignation of the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, stressing that the demand by him and his allies was meant to achieve inclusivity, where every region will have sense of belonging.

In felicitating with Ikpeazu, Wike lauded the courage and foresight of the celebrant to establish a library that will serve as a resource centre for scholars.

He inaugurated the library and donated N200 million.

In his remark, Ikpeazu expressed joy that on the occasion of his 58th birthday, he was able to formally inaugurate a library in honour of his late father.

The Pa Ishmael Ikpeazu library, he said, would, among others, house Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Scientific Leadership Institute, which has started with the enrollment of 50 students on fellowship, and a small family museum that has a collection of relics of the family’s blacksmith heritage.

https://guardian.ng/news/wike-vows-to-expose-officials-withholding-cbns-loans-for-abia-benue/

10 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by LongLife4all: 9:15am On Oct 20, 2022
shocked embarassed
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Jennylove21(f): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2022
Rest undecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by BuyDomain: 9:16am On Oct 20, 2022
Go ahead sir

29 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by godkiller1: 9:16am On Oct 20, 2022
Expose them, non sense.

Reformers Worldwide

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by SmartPolician: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2022
cheesy grin cheesy angry grin

You cannot be normal and win guber elections in Rivers State. If someone with lots of guts and goodwill like Wike becomes the president of Nigeria, he will stop a lot of nonsense

I hope Peter Obi will have the guts to deal with men and women who have caged this country for decades. As for Atiku or Tinubu, we all know it's business as usual. Things will even get worse because they personify everything wrong with this union.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Bornbiafra: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2022
Just imagine... men are the problem of men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by 2blessed01(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2022
WIKE IN DAH BEAT AGAIN grin grin grin
. dropping VAWULENCE HITS after VAWULENCE HITS everyday
I wonder what u're trying to prove with all these ur noise making...do you want us to believe that u're a CLEAN POLITICIAN
#goan rest joor shocked

6 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by WibusJaga: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2022

Plenty Talk, Little Action. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Curious345: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2022
Amaechi used rivers money to oil the BUHARI CAMPAIGN in 2015..

Wike is also using rivers money anyhow ..

Rivers people> like ABA people are the weakest men alive .. I don't take them seriously

Only the gods will deliver them

76 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by adioolayi(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2022
It seems this man knows so much...

No wonder PDP no fit do jack to him grin cheesy grin cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Let the said governors complain then! Wike talks too much abeg. He should go ahead and support Tinubu.

(who dares to stop my money, they know, I will not take it from them.)

With this statement is Wike saying rivers state money is his own

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Prudoh(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Go ahead, if you can
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Johndrame1: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Wike,I go like share contact with your dealer.
The igbo wey u dey smoke dey give you full morale

10 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Wike please do,you know the brotherness between the ngwas and ikweres, also remember that i can trek from npkor Village to your Village Without sweat,anyetu Wike ki yeku Ikpeazu obuya kanma.

Fire on sir...we ngwas love you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by FuckDModz: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2022
grin

Only idiots take wike seriously.

Ikpeazu is a colossal failure.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by victorazy(m): 11:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Dam it
Wike D'wicked
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by HarlequinLekex: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Wike you are truly Wiked if not for "deal wrong" u won't talk abi tongue tongue
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Jesuschristus: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
Atiku will be a terrible president

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Simplythebest: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
It means the CBN governor is not charge what a pity
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Isalesocial: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
Ok we are waiting
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by herkeem: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
Wike is just bitter because PDP still gather crowd without him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgrsxf_Yu8Y
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Xbobtage: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2022
this man continues to plunder the money of my state with so much disrespect, God will judge you

4 Likes

Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by dam2000(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Loser
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by bonechamberlain(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Why are they holding their loans. So because those two states governors are Wike's major backbone. Smh APC / PDP are just the same
Re: Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue by Greenfaces: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Please Nigeria, make funds available for technical guys who have stuff to produce but are held back

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima And His Wife As Young Couple (Throwback) / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha Hints On Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.