Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051682 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
RektGeo:
It's basically both updated POF and 6 month statement. Not sure how to go around it without using a gift deed. What are other recommended options that give a better than 50% chance, and can be done remotely for someone not currently in Nigeria

See the exact request below

"Funds, proof: Proof of funds Please provide updated proof of funds and the bank statement showing the history of deposits and withdrawals for the last six months. Please, provide your average account balance for the past 6 months and a written explanation for the source of funds available for settlement in Canada. Also, please declare if you have any outstanding debts or loans."

The officer has worded the ADR in such a way that I don't think you can get away with anything other than what tshtsh already suggested.

Unless you have another account where money has been sitting, you will need to use a gift deed, explain the money is a gift and hope for the best.

Other option is to sell an asset that can give you the money e.g. car but that only solves for current source of funds not previous gift deed....taking us back to the 50/50 chance.

You may decide to include an LOE about spending the previous gift on a personal emergency being necessitated by COVID if that is the case..... but this LOE may resonate with one VO and another VO may simply not care.....again 50/50.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kfrosh: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
Not gotten yet.

Guess my case is a one-off.

It normally takes between 2 to 5 days, so you can just wait a little longer.
JohnyF:

Hello Kfrosh,

Please have you gotten your tracking number from the London VFS now? If yes please how long did it take?

My passport was delivered to them last Friday but I haven't received any emails or tracking number from them yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
abnot:

You are complicating issues. I don't get how someone will work so hard to get an ITA in this present IRCC circumstance but cannot discipline himself enough to leave the money in the account. If you get the PR today will you travel to Canada empty handed ? Or did you borrow the money and present as gift deed and return the money to the owner after submitting your application ? If its so say it and let the experienced members of the blog advice you on how to go about this. You just opened a nairaland account today to bring up an issue that can be clearly avoided. If you want to play the IRCC system with another borrowed gift deed it may backfire as they are asking you for proof of funds because they suspect a foul play.

@bolded You do not know everyone's situation. most people have been waiting for one to two years. In that time some unforseen circumstance (surgery or other health issues, even school fees) may come up that requires urgent need of funds. will you now say you are waiting for Canada and let things fall apart?
Note that i'm not excusing using POF but lets be kind in our thoughts and actions.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
well said...
GraciousWords:

The officer has worded the ADR in such a way that I don't think you can get away with anything other than what tshtsh already suggested.

Unless you have another account where money has been sitting, you will need to use a gift deed, explain the money is a gift and hope for the best.

Other option is to sell an asset that can give you the money e.g. car but that only solves for current source of funds not previous gift deed....taking us back to the 50/50 chance.

You may decide to include an LOE about spending the previous gift on a personal emergency being necessitated by COVID if that is the case..... but this LOE may resonate with one VO and another VO may simply not care.....again 50/50.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by RealVictor: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
barby008:

PPR is here!!!

PNP- New Brunswick
NOC- 1241
COR- Nigeria
Family of 4
NB information session- 30th March 21
NB LOI- 9th June 21
NB EOI- 10th June 21
NB ITA- 13th July 21 (after sending several emails,was scared because spouse has sibling in another province)
NB AOR- 28th July 21
NB nomination- 2nd Oct 21
Fed ITA- 13th Oct 21
AOR- 19th Nov 21
BIL- 24th January 22
BIL completed- 15th February 22
Upfront medicals- 16th February 22
MEP- 23rd February 22
2nd GU- 8th March 22
3rd GU- 21st March 22
PPR- 22nd March 22

This japa journey tested our patience, there are times we argued, fought, laughed, prayed, encouraged each other depending on situation.
Its not how far but how well and we are glad it has ended in praise!!!
Thanks for reading!

Congratulations, It was really a long journey but the God of speed really came through for you judging by your date of AOR. I tap into the same grace. Congrats Again

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
Wow @barby008, that was a long ride. congrats.

Does it mean these information sessions NB holds actually increases ones chance of getting LOI from the province. I got a mail from them on the 19th for Info sessions for those in IT sector holding tomorrow, one in April and a third in May 2022.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by spenca: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
valves:

No I didn't. They delivered to my address 3 days later...

Alright, thanks,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
RektGeo:
If the fixed deposit shows a date later than today, one would still need to explain the source of funds. Does that not fall back to a second Deed of Gift? Does it not raise more questions than answers?

Your VO already advised on documents to submit. So you really do not have a choice. My suggestion:
1. Submit the 6months SOA
2. Use gift deed to explain the huge deposit
3. Write a LOE explaining in earnest the emergency you had to solve. You can even attach a separate SOA to the LOE to show when you withdrew the money to solve said emergency.
4. Submit a letter of non-indebtedness from your bank
5. Pray and hope for the best

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JohnyF: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
kfrosh:
Not gotten yet.

Guess my case is a one-off.

It normally takes between 2 to 5 days, so you can just wait a little longer.

ah alright. Thanks for the update. Hope yours comes soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yunqdady: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rawe45: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
portablesuzy:
AND VILLA PARK HOTEL AT FESTAC LINK ROAD AMUWOO ODOFIN

I didn’t have any issue at Villa Park

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadaboy3: 4:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Can somebody pls help list out the documents needed to be presented at the airport for students traveling to canada..

Many Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by barby008: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Thank you
Yes,the session also serves as a connection to the province. You should take it serious
overlord77:
Wow @barby008, that was a long ride. congrats.

Does it mean these information sessions NB holds actually increases ones chance of getting LOI from the province. I got a mail from them on the 19th for Info sessions for those in IT sector holding tomorrow, one in April and a third in May 2022.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
Thanks a lot for your response.

I hold a diploma in French language, however, man's been hustling to get funds to take the TEF.

So far so need extra fund.

tshtsh:

Any chance to learn french and gain more points ? Your next birthday may see you dropping 5 or 6 points if draws don't happen before then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
I appreciate your response.

It's NOC 0014

Allegory:

What’s your NOC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Had the issue sorted.. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadaboy3: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
Can an experienced person help me with the documents I need to take to Muritala Mohammed airport as a student traveling to Canada ...

Also at arrival in Pearson airport,Canada..

Many thanks ...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
ElijahTemidayo:
I appreciate your response.

It's NOC 0014

Have you tried Sask
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Igethope: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
tshtsh:

Hope you re going for an advanced degree (masters or PhD) and have also explored all PNP options . The reason I'm asking is:
1. Study route is expensive and will be cheaper if you first secure a PR as you will pay domestic fees and not international student fees.
2. Undergrads in canada struggle to get PR. They usually dont have enough points to compete in the FSW pool

Thank you very much for the pointers.

Yeah, study route is expensive but seem to be the surest way to get out of this country this year, not ready to wait another year. Yes, I'm going for an advanced degree (PGC). I have no choice, already paid my tuition @ international student rate... There are a few other options to PR once one lands via study route, a lot easier from there.. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
Canadaboy3:
Can an experienced person help me with the documents I need to take to Muritala Mohammed airport as a student traveling to Canada ...
Also at arrival in Pearson airport,Canada..
Many thanks ...

Ask for info on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
Na wa o, so no province has issued NOI since! Are they on break? Not Ontario, Alberta........they should pity us now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Imu84tj: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Osama10:
It's PPR.

AOR : 14/10/2020
COR : NIGERIA
REMED : 01/03/2022
MEP : 14/03/2022
VO : SYDNEY
PPR : 21/03/2022

The feeling is unexplainabl

I wish you all a speedy PPR.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
embarassedGood evening please help a family in distress
so we got an ADR for IMM7545E(or something like that. I really can't think straight) it involves filling a form for authorising IRCC to share our informations with a family member in canada, we filled the form that we authorise them but we made a mistake and sent it via webform, now we've been hearing in some whatsapp and telegram groups that we were not supposed to send it through webform... abeg shey na true
HELP
our deadline has passed*7 days to submit which is due today*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
Olisa222:
Na wa o, so no province has issued NOI since! Are they on break? Not Ontario, Alberta........they should pity us now.
That’s news to me, maybe they’ve asked them to pause as they’re preparing to resume FSW

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by icehot: 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Osama10:
It's PPR.

AOR : 14/10/2020
COR : NIGERIA
REMED : 01/03/2022
MEP : 14/03/2022
VO : SYDNEY
PPR : 21/03/2022

The feeling is unexplainable.

I wish you all a speedy PPR.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Reedahbaby01:
embarassedGood evening ooo please help a family in distress
so we got an ADR for IMM7545E(or something like that. I really can't think straight) it involves filling a form for authorising IRCC to share our informations with a family member in canada, we filled the form that we authorise them but we made a mistake and sent it via webform, now we've been hearing in some whatsapp and telegram groups that we were not supposed to send it through webform... abeg shey na true
HELP OOO
our deadline has passed*7 days to submit which is due today* just help I don't know what else to say
we tried submitting on IRCC portal and it was sent successfully
I don't know how God did it ooo but he did
we thank god
words cannot express how I feel right now
we couldn't eat, sleep or do anything (laughs)
but now we can
Key moral: never loose faith
this can seem too small to be happy about but the vo specifically said if we don't submit after 7 days our application will be cancelled
we've gat to celebrate little victories
god nairaland no get all those stickers
i for Don dance for all of una *shines teeth*
we dey jubilate
make i go pop champagne

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by BurnaBurna: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
yes. received on 18th March - this month

waledavid:
Hello burna, please have you gotten your counterfoil/Copr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SeunPope: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's PPR Time!!!

PNP- Ontario
OINP - 19th April 21
AOR- 19th July 21
BIL- 19th November 21
GU- 7th January 22
Upfront medicals- 27th January 22
MEP- 22nd March 22
2nd GU- 22nd March 22
PPR- 23rd March 22
Family of 4

I pray that God will answer the prayers of everyone waiting for PPR. Amen!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Olisa222:
https://moving2canada.com/pnp-canada-live-tracker/ this link says otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by RektGeo: 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
The second option + LOE sounds like a more reasonable way to approach this, with a slightly higher than 50% chance of success. Thank you

GraciousWords:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 2:58am On Mar 24, 2022
Reedahbaby01:
we tried submitting ooo on IRCC portal and it was sent successfully
I don't know how God did it ooo but he did
we thank god oooo
words cannot express how I feel right now
we couldn't eat, sleep or do anything oo (laughs)
but now we can
Key moral: never loose faith oo
this can seem too small to be happy about but the vo specifically said if we don't submit after 7 days our application will be cancelled
we've gat to celebrate little victories ooo
god nairaland no get all those stickers ooo
i for Don dance for all of una *shines teeth*
we dey jubilate ooo
make i go pop champagne ooo

Congrats madam.
Why do you end every sentence with "ooo"? that's mannerism and you need to drop it "ooo" cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: juli4dad(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.