Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049239 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Allegory:

I'm sure you already know you'll have to pay over N90k again when you're ready to evaluate your Masters but if you wait until your Masters results are out then you'll only have to pay once for WES.

However, if your Masters is taking too long and you have one of those nocs in demand right now or any other reasons you can't wait to get in the pool immediately (because nothing is actually happening in the pool right now), then it might be worth spending the double money
90K how? He is only going to pay $100 (CAD) to include his masters degree for evaluation. That's the fee they charge for upgrade. Please let's be sure of the information we put out for the sake of others reading the thread.

Cc: @Dickson2000 when you're ready to evaluate your masters, you will be charged the equivalent of $100 in Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Thank you all for your kind words.

A quick question. Can i claim points for my side hustle as a food vendor/supplier.
I see some of it in 6311 – Food service supervisors.

I have over a year's experience in supplying food items to a registered company and they will be willing to give me a letter as a registered vendor.
Because the owner of the registered company is my friend, i used to do
1. Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
2. Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dickson2000(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

90K how? He is only going to pay $100 (CAD) to include his masters degree for evaluation. That's the fee they charge for upgrade. Please let's be sure of the information we put out for the sake of others reading the thread.

Cc: @Dickson2000 when you're ready to evaluate your masters, you will be charged the equivalent of $100 in Naira.
ohh... Thank you so much... I'm going to start asap with my Bsc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Omoniyimi12345: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Good afternoon seniors on this thread.

So I finally got an update on my result evaluation; it’s ongoing and I’m hopeful I’ll have a report soon.

Please while I wait for the report, is there anything I can be doing? PS: I have my IELTS already (Band cool

Apart from IELTS and evaluation, I have not taken any other step. While I wait, what can I be doing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Newgirl19: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
I had the same issue, was worried but still proceeded, however when the evaluation came back, it carried the DOB on my international passport, and the one on all other docs, which is the right one I wanted. So I wasn’t really bothered with what my school had
Feolu20:
Hello, I just started my process and I realized that the date of birth on my transcript is different from the one on my other documents:

Real DoB: 1st June 1995
Dob on Transcript: 1st June 1994

I searched online and found out that WES includes the DoB on my Transcript in my evaluation and my University insists there is nothing they can do about it. I would really like some advice on what I can do to fix this, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Post edited, thanks for your kind words

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andyosifo(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
This is surprising to hear. When I applied for my transcript at NOUN last year, I only paid 25k and I didn't pay for verification and it was verified within 24 hours. My evaluation was completed within 6 weeks. Are you sure someone is not trying to extort you?

Note: I did everything online, I didn't contact anybody

Good evening all, please I'll like your advice on something I've been trying to resolve for months but their seems to be no heads way with so many back and forth.

Sometimes in July I used ETX delivery to get my transcript requested and delivered to WES from NOUN. The transcript was delivered on the 25th of Aug 2021 and I got a mail from WES that a verification mail has been sent to my school. I didn't know I had to pay additional 15k before they can respond to the verification mail.

However, I later found out which I paid but ever since when I call the school's customer service they keep saying they did not get a mail from WES in my request and WES is insisting a mail was sent. This tuesday I got another mail that they've sent another verification mail. I called back and I got the same response that they're yet to get a mail in my favor.

Please kindly advice on what steps I can take to rectify this challenge as it has taken months with no solution in sight.

I look forward to your kind response as always, God bless [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oselu28(f): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Andyosifo:
This is surprising to hear. When I applied for my transcript at NOUN last year, I only paid 25k and I didn't pay for verification and it was verified within 24 hours. My evaluation was completed within 6 weeks. Are you sure someone is not trying to extort you?

Note: I did everything online, I didn't contact anybody

Good evening all, please I'll like your advice on something I've been trying to resolve for months but their seems to be no heads way with so many back and forth.

Sometimes in July I used ETX delivery to get my transcript requested and delivered to WES from NOUN. The transcript was delivered on the 25th of Aug 2021 and I got a mail from WES that a verification mail has been sent to my school. I didn't know I had to pay additional 15k before they can respond to the verification mail.

However, I later found out which I paid but ever since when I call the school's customer service they keep saying they did not get a mail from WES in my request and WES is insisting a mail was sent. This tuesday I got another mail that they've sent another verification mail. I called back and I got the same response that they're yet to get a mail in my favor.

Please kindly advice on what steps I can take to rectify this challenge as it has taken months with no solution in sight.

I look forward to your kind response as always, God bless

No not at all. The verification fee is on the school website and I've been calling both the numbers on the school website and WES directly. I also learnt the verification charges is for undergraduate transcript only
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLeilah: 2:59am On Nov 15, 2021
Goodmorning my seniors, I’m new on here. Please i have a few questions and I would appreciate if I’m responded to. After my bsc, i worked as a waitress for 3months and then became a junior accountant (bookkeeper in NOC job title) till i went for my msc, finished that and was luckily able to get my old job back which I’ve been doing for 2years now. Please how do i fill these details meticulously in my reference letter. Also, when adding my details to the pool since the work was not continuous does it mean that I’ll be filling 2years? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Feolu20: 4:49am On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you, this really takes a load off my mind. I do have my birth certificate ready
overlord77:

Same thing happened to me. Just use it like that and make sure you have your birth cert handy to support the error. Apparently, Nigerian schools say they don't mess with DOBs cos when students got into school, they were still innocent and sincere and gave the right DOB but somewhere along the line, decided to add or remove years or months to suit their objectives. It's not the school's fault, lots of people have abused the system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

We are waiting for yours.
Very soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andyosifo(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2021
Okay. It was masters I evaluated, and I only use etx for delivery.

No not at all. The verification fee is on the school website and I've been calling both the numbers on the school website and WES directly. I also learnt the verification charges is for undergraduate transcript only [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2021
My AOR was since February 2020 and these IRCC people are still processing my application. I have been trying to notify them about the birth of my son for over 2 months now without receiving any response. I have filled the webform so many times but all I get is an automated response. I have also sent several emails to the Ottawa office where I believe my application is being processed. What else can I do?

Looks like they have abandoned some applications completely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Solidcitizen:
My AOR was since February 2020 and these IRCC people are still processing my application. I have been trying to notify them about the birth of my son for over 2 months now without receiving any response. I have filled the webform so many times but all I get is an automated response. I have also sent several emails to the Ottawa office where I believe my application is being processed. What else can I do?

Looks like they have abandoned some applications completely.

Why don't you find out your VO first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Liispa:

Why don't you find out your VO first?

I sent a webform last year and they confirmed my VO as Ottawa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLeilah: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
TheLeilah:
Goodmorning my seniors, I’m new on here. Please i have a few questions and I would appreciate if I’m responded to. After my bsc, i worked as a waitress for 3months and then became a junior accountant (bookkeeper in NOC job title) till i went for my msc, finished that and was luckily able to get my old job back which I’ve been doing for 2years now. Please how do i fill these details meticulously in my reference letter. Also, when adding my details to the pool since the work was not continuous does it mean that I’ll be filling 2years? Thank you

Can someone please answer me��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
TheLeilah:

Can someone please answer me��

First check if your NOCs (work experience/duty) are eligible, then use the eligible one to claim work experience.
I don't think the waitress job is under eligible occupations but still check. Link to check is on the first page.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLeilah: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

First check if your NOCs (work experience/duty) are eligible, then use the eligible one to claim work experience.
I don't think the waitress job is under eligible occupations but still check. Link to check is on the first page.

Thank you very much. My current job is a Skill B and the waitress is a skill C. So you’re saying there’s no need for me to add that to my reference letter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
TheLeilah:

Thank you very much. My current job is a Skill B and the waitress is a skill C. So you’re saying there’s no need for me to add that to my reference letter?

Exactly, you'd only use your current job to claim points and add your waitress job to your personal history after you've received ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Solidcitizen:

I sent a webform last year and they confirmed my VO as Ottawa

Okay, have you called?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLeilah: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

Exactly, you'd only use your current job to claim points and add your waitress job to your personal history after you've received ITA.

I understand now, thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
If there is an existing gift deed from sister for a single applicant (5m) used for PNP application.

After nomination, the applicant got married and added spouse and would need to add POF for spouse (700k).

How can this be addressed?

Is an applicant allowed to use two gift deeds from two different sources?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
TheLeilah:

You can only use the skill B type of job, your waitress job should be included in your personal history after you have received ITA and filling out the forms. Also include the number of months in which you worked as a junior account prior to going for your masters degree (This is me assuming you didn't include it in the two years you stated in your previous post).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lolu1408: 1:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good day everyone. Pls I'm about to submit my application, do I need to add the gift deed doc that I used for pnp or I should just upload my reference letter and my 3 months statement of account. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aspireahead(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ifywhyteman:
Hello guys, do we have applicants that schooled in Unical? Is it true that the school is asking for $100 to do the Wes verification of transcript?
Who told you this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yourwpgpaddy: 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please include your gift deed doc, that way, whoever is reviewing your documents can clearly see where the lump sum in your bank statement came from. If possible, include a Letter of Explanation, highlighting the date where the lump sum appears on the bank statement. You know you won't be there when your documents are being reviewed, so you don't want to leave anything unclear in your docs.

lolu1408:
Good day everyone. Pls I'm about to submit my application, do I need to add the gift deed doc that I used for pnp or I should just upload my reference letter and my 3 months statement of account. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yourwpgpaddy: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
I don't recall reading anywhere on the IRCC website limiting applicants to one gift deed (correct me if I'm wrong o). In my opinion, this should be fine, ensure to include a Letter of Explanation stating clearly the reasons (e.g.Gift deed needed to meet the POF requirements for 2 people....etc.).

Any explanation needed to support your application, pls include them in your Letter of Explanation, make sure to include supporting documents (clearly labeled too), at least that was what I did for mine sha. Just uploading documents may not be enough, so a letter of explanation would help the officer reviewing your documents understand the intention or reasons behind some actions that you took to aid your application.

Best wishes.

Canadahome:
If there is an existing gift deed from sister for a single applicant (5m) used for PNP application.

After nomination, the applicant got married and added spouse and would need to add POF for spouse (700k).

How can this be addressed?

Is an applicant allowed to use two gift deeds from two different sources?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrKong: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Curious question:

Those who’ve had to learn French to move to Canada. Did you ever have to use the language when you moved at any point or it’s just to boost CRS point?

Asking because I don’t want to commit so much energy, time and money to something that won’t significantly be of a bonus to me considering I have a high CRS score already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yourwpgpaddy: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Learning French is a plus for you here in Canada o...some jobs pay "Bilingual Bonus"

Since you already have a high CRS score...well, you can ignore but learning French is significant, you will understand better when you get here.

IT IS NOT A MUST THOUGH.

All the best.

MrKong:
Curious question:

Those who’ve had to learn French to move to Canada. Did you ever have to use the language when you moved at any point or it’s just to boost CRS point?

Asking because I don’t want to commit so much energy, time and money to something that won’t significantly be of a bonus to me considering I have a high CRS score already

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZaraD: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please how do i pay wes fees ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.