Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1047230 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ameeria: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
ednut1:
visiting visa does not change your country of residence. its still Nigeria

Thank you for this....I was so confused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
littyprincess:

I feel bad for this person but at the same time, he’s lowkey at fault. Why would he claim points with a diploma that was already stated on his ECA as unrecognized? Even if he wasn’t aware, why didn’t he ask questions before using it since the ECA report didn’t look normal? He didn’t do his due diligence at all. Imagine getting rejected for something so silly. If he had asked questions, people would have pointed him in the direction of another certification like cima/Accra that would have taken less than 3 months even. Moral of the story here is that when it comes to something as life changing and important as immigration, it’s definitely not the time to be careless or doing « I too know ». If you aren’t sure about any thing, Make sure you always ask questions, even if it means flooding the group. Asking questions won’t remove money from your bank account. Someone would always reply you.
Well said. This person is most likely Indian. Have you been in an Indian group before? grin Oversabi is what kills them the most, they don’t listen to voice of reasoning because they believe they know it all or what their agents tells them is the best. Just recently, in one of our telegram groups, I and some other members advised someone to retake IELTS to improve his scores, these group of Indians came out to counter us saying 7 across all boards is sufficient and insinuated that we must be IELTS agents to be advising people to rewrite IELTS because in their words “IELTS is time and money wasting”. cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acheamah223: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hi gurus in here please clear this up for me, can anyone one take CIMA,ACCA,BCS or your previous degree should connect to that field?
Example I have a bachelor in nursing can I take up any of the 3 certificate course?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ameeria:
Good morning house, I just realised that my EE profile will expire next month. So I need the following clarifications:

1. I am currently in Canada on a visiting Visa. Should I withdraw my EE application and create another one and state my country of residence as Canada? I have been in the pool since last year.

2. Should I use the new portal instead of the old GSkey portal? I have checked the new portal from which I applied for my visit visa but didnt see where I could start an application for EE.

Thank you very much.

No, you can't use the new portal for Express entry. It's only meant for visit visa, study permit and citizenship application. You have to use GCKey for the creation of your new express entry profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dayo96: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good day. I’ve been a silent reader here and must commend everyone for all the value-adding information being shared on this platform.

Please, I need assistance with computation of my CRS.

Principal Applicant
Education: B.Sc
IELTS: LRSW (8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5)

Spouse
IELTS: LRSW (7.5, 6.5, 7.0, 6.5)

My CRS on my profile (in the pool) is 402 but I got a higher score when I simulated it on the IRCC website.
Kindly assist. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ireneayeni: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
[quote author=Allegory post=111903906]
@Allegory @GraciousWords and all the gurus in the office, Please how do I raise the webform to upload my medicals.
I am pretty much confused with the forms I am seeing online. I have submitted my application. I just have my medicas to upoad. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Well said. This person is most likely Indian. Have you been in an Indian group before? grin Oversabi is what kills them the most, they don’t listen to voice of reasoning because they believe they know it all or what their agents tells them is the best. Just recently, in one of our telegram groups, I and some other members advised someone to retake IELTS to improve his scores, these group of Indians came out to counter us saying 7 across all boards is sufficient and insinuated that we must be IELTS agents to be advising people to rewrite IELTS because in their words “IELTS is time and money wasting”. cheesy cheesy
Lmaoooo you just know! The funny part is that he’s still making mouth and lowkey insulting people who are trying to help him. The whole thing is just funny.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oluchy840: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2022
Please I need your advice. I have a B.sc in Business Management and 3+ years work experience as an accountant. In addition, I'm a chartered accountant.
I’m interested in pursuing Business Analytics for Msc in Canada, Please is it advisable to continue with Business analytics or I should go in the line of my work experience which is Accounting.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
ireneayeni:
I am pretty much confused with the forms I am seeing online. I have submitted my application. I just have my medicas to upoad. Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239729

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2022
Dayo96:
Good day. I’ve been a silent reader here and must commend everyone for all the value-adding information being shared on this platform.

Please, I need assistance with computation of my CRS.

Principal Applicant
IELTS: LRSW (8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5)

Spouse
IELTS: LRSW (7.5, 6.5, 7.0, 6.5)

My CRS on my profile (in the pool) is 402 but I got a higher score when I simulated it on the IRCC website.
Kindly assist. Thanks

You may have responded incorrectly to one of the questions. Higher CRS is possible if you get a second degree and do TEF or set up a profile for the younger person. Also explore PNPs. And page 1, study it.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

You sabi them wella, i no dey follow them argue at all. Anything they say i respond ok and carry on
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
Please who has used IOM twice for Medicals? How did u go about it? Last year I booked Medicals cause I thought I’d get ITA and it never came and I never used the slot or pay for the Medicals. This year my spouse is the PA and We’re trying to book Medicals but wen it gets to inputting my own details, it says “an appointment already exists for this applicant”:.. I have cancelled the appointment from last year and I’m still not able to book afresh. Please who knows what I can do? A friend who also did Medicals with them last year is having same issue when trying to rebook.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Apiness111: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2022
Betterlife2018:

When the passport was ready for pickup. He went to DHL office to pay for pick up and DHL picked it up from VFS Germany for him and delivered to Lagos.

He only paid for one way when sending and when it was ready for pick up, he paid again to return.

@betterlife2018, please what I saw on the website for Germany is different. The 1 way fee is 26.35EUR. I have attached it below. Kindly help me verify please.

Also, can we pay for 2 way courier instead of one way. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ameeria: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2022
Afolavid:

No, you can't use the new portal for Express entry. It's only meant for visit visa, study permit and citizenship application. You have to use GCKey for the creation of your new express entry profile.

Thank you so much for this. I have more clarity now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Berle: 12:01am On May 01, 2022
Try with a different email/account. I think I had same issue even after I had cancelled the first booking.
Dennyjuff:
Please who has used IOM twice for Medicals? How did u go about it? Last year I booked Medicals cause I thought I’d get ITA and it never came and I never used the slot or pay for the Medicals. This year my spouse is the PA and We’re trying to book Medicals but wen it gets to inputting my own details, it says “an appointment already exists for this applicant”:.. I have cancelled the appointment from last year and I’m still not able to book afresh. Please who knows what I can do? A friend who also did Medicals with them last year is having same issue when trying to rebook.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sandysilver: 12:14am On May 01, 2022
Good day fam. Pls i will like to get advice on my already submitted application. In the personal history section, under personal activities in the past 10yrs, i stated my work history for the past 10yrs. I did not include the Pgd i did 2years ago in the personal activity. All the details of my Pgd was stated in the Study/language section and is also in my Eca. The study was a part time 1yr study. Do i need to raise a webform and fill schedule A again? Or is it unecessary since all details are in other sections. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by morinto: 12:26am On May 01, 2022
Good morning house. Am in the U. K currently doing my master degree. I want to apply for Canada skill labour visa and one of my friend in Nigeria is advising me that I should not used UK as my place of resident instead I should choose Nigeria. That if I used UK that it will complicate things
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Betterlife2018: 12:51am On May 01, 2022
Apiness111:

He paid 23.30 Euros. If you search the site very well. Under service charges you will see the detail of the image I posted.

Both amount "23.30 and 26.35 " and are actually stated on their site. If you check the narration in your image and mine, they are actually different.
I only posted what my cousin did and another family of 3 did same.

There is group which he told me has been formed for this. You can send DM I will connect you.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 1:52am On May 01, 2022
morinto:
Good morning house. Am in the U. K currently doing my master degree. I want to apply for Canada skill labour visa and one of my friend in Nigeria is advising me that I should not used UK as my place of resident instead I should choose Nigeria. That if I used UK that it will complicate things
Ignore your friend please. You are not complicating anything. Your country of birth is Nigeria while your country of residence is the UK.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Apiness111: 3:31am On May 01, 2022
@Betterlife2018, is it possible to pay for 2 way instead of one way? So that someone can just pay at once.

And is everything altogether 23.30 Euros or its
23.30 Euros per transmission?

Betterlife2018:

When the passport was ready for pickup. He went to DHL office to pay for pick up and DHL picked it up from VFS Germany for him and delivered to Lagos.

He only paid for one way when sending and when it was ready for pick up, he paid again to return.

For those asking for step by step. I only have understanding for a single applicant - GERMANY VFS

- To send passport, you need to pay in[b] EUROs only[/b].
- He got a friend in Germany to pay for him - 23.30 Euros ( this is the amount per applicant).
- The friend sent receipt to him

How to pay:

You'll have to pay fees through bank transfer payable to 'VFS Services Germany GmbH' and in EUROS only.

Here are the details for bank transfer:

Bank Account name – VFS Services Germany GmbH

Germany Bank name– Deutsche Bank AG

BIC/SWIFT Code – DEUTDEFFXXX

IBAN Number – DE84 5007 0010 0091 6916 03

Narration: Just ensure you provide these information.
Purpose of payment: Visa Transmission fee
Narration: Your Surname and application number

-
With receipt and other doc as required for submission ( this is same for every vfs) - go to DHL office, paid for one way to send to Germany office-

Address of VFS Germany:
Visa Application Centre
Neue Gruen Strasse 17-18 Berlin 10179 Germany
Phone no: +49 211 73714828

He was getting update regularly. When he got mail that it is ready for pick up

You'll forward the pick up mail to the Dhl officer attending to you when you sent passport, he or she will turn give you a form to fill, and send u waybill via your email, make payment as instructed by the dhl officer. Forward waybill, pick up mail to these emails with an authorization letter. This authorizes you chosen courier to pick up your package from VFS Germany.
info.canger@vfshelpline.com, Interpost.canber@vfshelpline.com

I hope this helps.

That is the amount here.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by willyblinx(m): 4:23am On May 01, 2022
23.30 Euros for transmission fee per person. If you have three persons in your family, you’d have to pay 23.30 x 3

Then, courier through DHL.

Before you send to Germany, do well to ask about the present timeline to be sure it is still fast enough for you.

Apiness111:
@Betterlife2018, is it possible to pay for 2 way instead of one way? So that someone can just pay at once.

And is everything altogether 23.30 Euros or its
23.30 Euros per transmission?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 5:48am On May 01, 2022
Berle:
Try with a different email/account. I think I had same issue even after I had cancelled the first booking.
Yeah, a different email address did the trick for me too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:32am On May 01, 2022
littyprincess:

Lmaoooo you just know! The funny part is that he’s still making mouth and lowkey insulting people who are trying to help him. The whole thing is just funny.
Lmao cheesy cheesy Please leave him, the reality is yet to dawn on him and if he has that attitude, maybe Canada isn’t for him. By the time he realizes that a non recognized institution isn’t gonna take him anywhere, he would calm down and stay in his country or better still find a PNP route to follow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:36am On May 01, 2022
Dimple10:

You sabi them wella, i no dey follow them argue at all. Anything they say i respond ok and carry on
Lmao cheesy. Immediately they gave that response, I just gave up on them. Never again! cheesy cheesy How are you sis? Seriously rooting and praying for you and Graciouswords, we will celebrate with you both very soon. Na 40k Aso Ebi we go use self cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 8:42am On May 01, 2022
60 Days till July!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dbeautyful: 3:01pm On May 01, 2022
Hello fam,

Please could you confirm if IQAS evaluation timeline is still about 8 weeks?

icehot:

I understand why you are worried, but it is nothing really. You are just the one thinking that they will think you are trying to revert your name. If you got married after school, I truly see no issue there.

But in order to be sure and have peace of mind, you should do an affidavit like mummyDsquare suggested, and include it in your letter of explanation after you get ITA, and preparing to submit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dayo96: 3:01pm On May 01, 2022
GraciousWords:

You may have responded incorrectly to one of the questions. Higher CRS is possible if you get a second degree and do TEF or set up a profile for the younger person. Also explore PNPs. And page 1, study it.

All the best!

Thanks @GraciousWords.
I’ve started re-checking my answers on the portal. Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by RektGeo: 4:25pm On May 01, 2022
It doesn't complicate anything, not using UK as your country of residence if you live there is what is likely to complicate things. But if you change residence at any point during the process, it might be important to inform IRCC of that change and any change in contact details e.g., phone number and mailing address.

morinto:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dbeautyful: 5:47pm On May 01, 2022
Hello author=Prettiepearlz,

Please could you confirm if IQAS evaluation timeline is still about 8 weeks?

Prettiepearlz:

I don’t know how fast CES is with evaluation but lawyers don’t have a choice than to use CES or IQAS that gives them evaluation result equivalent to a professional degree but your husband can evaluate with WES. They are faster. Furthermore, I don’t think you can evaluate your transcripts together because you are both Mr. and Mrs. You both have to create different accounts, pay differently and evaluate separately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.