Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1063207 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 9:53am On Apr 29
Agidipie:
I need an advise, i am currently finishing my Msc in UK. I will be kicking off my pr process soon. I did ielts 3 years ago but didn't meet the cut-off. Now I am in the UK, someone advised me to take the French language test rather than English, because it would help the immigration process and also my career. I am about to register for my French language course and I don't want to waste money. I want to ask, how viable is it using French test? And also advice

Have you been learning French and now ready to write the exam?
If not, getting to the level to pass TEF will take a while, a long while.

Why not take the English test now enter the pool, and depending on what you studied in the UK, look at category based draws or even PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 10:00am On Apr 29
pushy8:
Greetings everyone,

I seek your guidance regarding my NOC and EE profiles.

As the primary applicant, my credentials are as follows:

- I hold an ECA for both an MBA and a Masters in Public Health.
- I have 15 years of experience in banking until 2022, followed by employment in healthcare since then.
- Currently, I am in the pool with banking experience, allowing me to claim the maximum points for the number of years.
- My IELTS scores are as follows: Listening 7.0, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.5.

Question 1: Should I switch my NOC to Healthcare despite having less than three years of experience in this field?

Regarding my partner's profile:

- They possess a degree in Computer Engineering without a master's degree.
- With over 10 years of experience until 2022, they transitioned to healthcare from that year onward.
IELTS scores: Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8.0, Writing - 7.0, and Speaking - 8.0.

Question 2: Can my partner become the primary applicant based on their age and higher points for language skills, even though they have less than three years work experience in healthcare?

Also considering Manitoba pnp as we have a sibling there. Also not sure whether to use banking or healthcare.

Thank you

Please look into the healthcare draws, you need at least 6 months experience in the past 3 years to qualify for the category based draws, but at least one year full time to qualify for express entry in the first place. You and your partner possess both.
Please stimulate your scores on the CRS score calculator and enter the pool immediately if you have your WES and IELTS ready... The last healthcare draw was 422.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushy8: 10:16am On Apr 29
Thank you for your response.
aurorae1:

Please look into the healthcare draws, you need at least 6 months experience in the past 3 years to qualify for the category based draws, but at least one year full time to qualify for express entry in the first place. You and your partner possess both.
Please stimulate your scores on the CRS score calculator and enter the pool immediately if you have your WES and IELTS ready... The last healthcare draw was 422.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 1:29pm On Apr 29
pushy8:
Greetings everyone,

- I have 15 years of experience in banking until 2022, followed by employment in healthcare since then.
- Currently, I am in the pool with banking experience, allowing me to claim the maximum points for the number of years.
- My IELTS scores are as follows: Listening 7.0, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.5.

Question 1: Should I switch my NOC to Healthcare despite having less than three years of experience in this field?

- With over 10 years of experience until 2022, they transitioned to healthcare from that year onward.
IELTS scores: Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8.0, Writing - 7.0, and Speaking - 8.0.

Question 2: Can my partner become the primary applicant based on their age and higher points for language skills, even though they have less than three years work experience in healthcare?

Also considering Manitoba pnp as we have a sibling there. Also not sure whether to use banking or healthcare.

Thank you

The least experience you need to be in the pool is 1 yr, your primary Noc can be a year, then your second Noc can have the number of years that when added to your primary Noc of 1yr or more, it will give you maximum point .

Ighotago
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:01pm On Apr 29
Read up on the health care category and use the CRS score link to determine the scores and who becomes the primary applicant.
quote author=pushy8 post=129687290]Greetings everyone,

Thank you

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29
overlord77:

Hello SemperFid. I understand your situation and trust me, I was in that same thing about 5months ago. However, I never relented. Your profession still falls under healthcare/medical hence you are at an advantage. Being a more matured guy in tech, I watched my CRS decline from 405 to 330 in a space of 2yrs.

Options:
1. French Exam : Take the TEF/TCF french exam. I had to register with AllianceFrancais to learn French for 6months. Taking the exams will make you qualify for the category based draws and French is highly sought after in Canada.
2. PNP : Some provinces want health workers so bad. In my case, they also needed tech professionals in New Brunswick, so i researched and attended couple of Info Sessions/webinars to know more about the province. In no time, I received a Notification of Interest then submitted an EOI. Got the Nomination, submitted and within 6days, got ITA with the next draw and a boosted CRS of 913.

For those with CRS of 450 and below, please don't loose hope, PNP and French exam to the rescue

Congratulations ma/sir. I have my IELTS by May and i've been preparing to enter the entry pool immediately, made my wes processes and police report. But at the same time, i want to also go the route of PNP, any advice on how to go about it? Any fees? And how to know the exact province based on my career, i'm a data scientist.
i'll appreciate. Congrats once again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 10:11pm On Apr 29
Singingbae:

Congratulations ma/sir. I have my IELTS by May and i've been preparing to enter the entry pool immediately, made my wes processes and police report. But at the same time, i want to also go the route of PNP, any advice on how to go about it? Any fees? And how to know the exact province based on my career, i'm a data scientist.
i'll appreciate. Congrats once again

For a start, get your WES and IELTS settled. You don't need police report until you are given an ITA.
Check out all the provinces and what they want. NB, Manitoba, Alberta, PEI etc. Check them all out

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agidipie: 4:25am On Apr 30
aurorae1:

Have you been learning French and now ready to write the exam?
If not, getting to the level to pass TEF will take a while, a long while.

Why not take the English test now enter the pool, and depending on what you studied in the UK, look at category based draws or even PNP?
what I mean I that I want to enrol for french class now, the write the test in 9 months time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 6:04am On Apr 30
Please which one is better to write between the CBT and PBT of the IELTS exams?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 7:15am On Apr 30
Agidipie:
what I mean I that I want to enrol for french class now, the write the test in 9 months time.

Ok. I'll still say you take the IELTS or any of the other English lang. tests and enter the pool with your WES if you have it.
One, this means if you are in one Category based occupations, you stand a chance to get invited.
Two, you can also get a nomination through PNP. You can still be learning French all through this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 7:27am On Apr 30
yusufhaji:
CBT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 9:45am On Apr 30
Please give reasons
studycenter:
CBT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoreTech(m): 10:01am On Apr 30
Agidipie:

Pls, how much is the French exam?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kaycherry: 11:46am On Apr 30
GraciousWords:

Kenya is/was preferred because you could get your passport and COPR in 2 weeks. Lagos and Abuja route theirs to Accra and that can take between 4 to 6 weeks.

I submitted my passports at VFS Abuja : 8th April
Got to IRCC Accra: 15th April
Copr and visa issues: 18th April
Dispatched back to me: 22nd April
Got to Lagos VFS: 25th April
Picked up my passport and COPR: today30th April

I'm soooo Elated.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abramabayomi(m): 11:56am On Apr 30
Hello house I did the IELTS exam so as to start the Express entry application,but I failed I scored 5.5 overall,please what can I do ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kaycherry: 12:48pm On Apr 30
abramabayomi:
Hello house I did the IELTS exam so as to start the Express entry application,but I failed I scored 5.5 overall,please what can I do ?

Retake IELTS....prepare better and retake the exam...practice! Practice! Practice

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 1:09pm On Apr 30
abramabayomi:
Pelé. Take some time to practice.

Advice: avoid writing (casually) like your post here. No pun intended.

If IETLS is too complex for you, you can try CELPIP or PTE. All are English language proficiency test.

We can help you with a comprehensive Udemy Audio and video lectures that give you a classroom experience while you self-study.

Reach out below👇
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abramabayomi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30
[how much are those ones

quote author=studycenter post=129710590]Pelé. Take some time to practice.

Advice: avoid writing (casually) like your post here. No pun intended.

If IETLS is too complex for you, you can try CELPIP or PTE. All are English language proficiency test.

We can help you with a comprehensive Udemy Audio and video lectures that give you a classroom experience while you self-study.

Reach out below👇[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:30am On May 01
Kcenyimbk:

Goodafternoon everyone.
Please I’m in desperate need of help and ideas right now.
I applied for spousal sponsorship in June 2023,
My husband came back on April 2023,got married to me and travelled back to Canada….
We applied in May but our application was rejected due to some mistakes,then we reapplied in June…
I’ve done biometrics,Medicals and all documentation…
Was waiting for ppr,when I got an email…
A procedural fairness letter….
First of all they asked me to prove my marriage the further,by adding more pictures and chats and documentation…
That one is not an issue..
The main issue now is that they said I’m guilt for misrepresentation……
I never knew I made a mistake in the form……
To be honest,I filled the wrong box by mistake…
In 2017,I was denied a us visiting visa…
I think I wanted to go for vacation or something….
I can’t even remember why they rejected me…
It was since 2017,
So they asked me to prove myself,if found guilty,I will be banned for 5 years….
My marriage is still very young and the emotional turmoil of long distance sef is painful….
I consulted some consultant and she said I should look for the slip they gave me the refusal slip…
I can’t find it….
But I had to search my mail and saw the application slip with the application number…..
How do we go about it and honestly,we don’t have the funds for a lawyer at this moment….
Pls has any one gone through this
I'm not sure why you're being asked for the slip. Get a licensed immigration lawyer to draft a response to the procedural fairness letter for you. What I see here is the visa officer having doubts and looking for loopholes in your application. Its okay to forget a visa refusal 7 years ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:39am On May 01
Honeysweetest:

Hmmm, this one carry hat for head.

You need an immigration lawyer, but if you don't have the funds, get ready to do some research, if you can get the reason for denial, good.

You have made the mistake, whether it's an honest mistake or that you dont know it's so important, what you need is solution.
You need to write a letter of explanation, screenshot your chats with hubby, whether raw,good,anyone, do you have pictures with him?
Voice note? Compile all, send to them.

Do you have pictures of the wedding,whether small ceremony or big, send.
You either tell them that you don't know how important the question is,and since you did not get the visa, neither did you know the reason for denial, you don't know it's important.

Or you can write that it's an honest mistake.
That you must have been too quick and you missed the question,thereby filling anything.

Include that you don't want to be apart with your husband, it's not like they work with emotions, but you have to give it all you can.

Go on YouTube,Google on writing procedural fairness letter .

Finally, with God all things are possible, I put him first always because he has come through for me in times when human have concluded my matter.
God is the head of all the government, Authority.
Talk to him sis, tell him to take control.
I will be praying with you.
I expect your praise report.

God's luck.
IRCC stress. I remember once contacting a licensed immigration lawyer about the spousal sponsorship process. The man said he was going to bill me $4,500 and also sent me a long set of requirements and the wait time was over a year. I just told my partner to consider writing IELTS and enter the express entry pool as I moved to Canada via express entry and was conversant with the process. Spouse sponsorship looked complex to me even though everyone says its easy. She eventually got PR via express entry and through the process people were telling her to just do spouse sponsorship as express entry is hard. Upon landing the CBSA officer too told her that she could have just applied into the family class program

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:44am On May 01
SemperFid:

My crs is 374 as it stands. If I do another ielts and score maybe 8.5 on reading and listening, all things being equal, I will be at 430. Do you think this increase is worth it?
Learning French and acing the TEF exam will boost your standing in the pool especially with the targeted draws
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 9:33am On May 01
tshtsh:

IRCC stress. I remember once contacting a licensed immigration lawyer about the spousal sponsorship process. The man said he was going to bill me $4,500 and also sent me a long set of requirements and the wait time was over a year. I just told my partner to consider writing IELTS and enter the express entry pool as I moved to Canada via express entry and was conversant with the process. Spouse sponsorship looked complex to me even though everyone says its easy. She eventually got PR via express entry and through the process people were telling her to just do spouse sponsorship as express entry is hard. Upon landing the CBSA officer too told her that she could have just applied into the family class program

I have same opinion with the officer, isn't a long process?
Thank God it ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agidipie: 9:46am On May 01
aurorae1:

Ok. I'll still say you take the IELTS or any of the other English lang. tests and enter the pool with your WES if you have it.
One, this means if you are in one Category based occupations, you stand a chance to get invited.
Two, you can also get a nomination through PNP. You can still be learning French all through this.
Thanks for the advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:45am On May 01
yusufhaji:
Paper based. Advantage - 10 minutes transfer time for listening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Priscilliade: 2:00pm On May 01
Good morning house

Pls I got this message on the passport tracking website vfs

Visa application, tracking ID No.*********** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2024/04/27 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Pls since I didn’t get any email should i proceeed to pick up my passport in Lagos pls and does it mean it’s ready for collection

Today makes it 8 weeks after passport submission at Accra

Thank you family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 2:55pm On May 01
Honeysweetest:

I have same opinion with the officer, isn't a long process?
Thank God it ended in praise.
More like we had limited knowledge about it and didn't want to spend $4,500 on consultancy fees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adanac13: 8:54pm On May 01
Hello everyone, hope everyone is steady progressing on their Canadian dream.

There's no way I could let this day go by without coming back here to share my joy. The journey that started in 2019 has finally come to an AMAZING end. Today I became a Canadian citizen and the feeling is soo surreal. I can't believe it even though I knew that was the end goal but experiencing it is a completely different feeling.

I'm pretty sure most of my set are no longer here but I thought to report back after I embarked on this journey. Yes, I'm over the moon but I really came here to thank everyone for keeping this thread going for several years and counting. The resources and help gotten from this thread are immeasurable.

For all those still going through this process I wish you the very best and may your journey be as smooth or even smoother than mine. THANK YOU!!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 1:28am On May 02
Agidipie:
I need an advise, i am currently finishing my Msc in UK. I will be kicking off my pr process soon. I did ielts 3 years ago but didn't meet the cut-off. Now I am in the UK, someone advised me to take the French language test rather than English, because it would help the immigration process and also my career. I am about to register for my French language course and I don't want to waste money. I want to ask, how viable is it using French test? And also advice

Write both the English (IELTS General) and French (TEF) exam.

If you write only the French, you won’t get additional points.

And yes, the writing the French exam , in addition to our IELTS exam was what gave us our ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 1:41am On May 02
Priscilliade:
Good morning house

Pls I got this message on the passport tracking website vfs

Visa application, tracking ID No.*********** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2024/04/27 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Pls since I didn’t get any email should i proceeed to pick up my passport in Lagos pls and does it mean it’s ready for collection

Today makes it 8 weeks after passport submission at Accra

Thank you family

VFS would deliver to you via a courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agidipie: 1:50am On May 02
phabulous88:

Write both the English (IELTS General) and French (TEF) exam.

If you write only the French, you won’t get additional points.

And yes, the writing the French exam , in addition to our IELTS exam was what gave us our ITA.
Hmmmm.. This is a great suggestion. Will do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 2:13am On May 02
MoreTech:

Pls, how much is the French exam?

When we wrote ours in June last year, it was around 230k. Now it’s between 600k and 700k

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 3:04am On May 02
pushy8:
Greetings everyone,

Thank you

As far as I know, your primary occupation has to match your education.

I’ll suggest that with your Masters in Public Health, you be the principal applicant. Write the IELTS again and target an 8 in your listening and minimum (LRWS/8777). Hopefully, with your spouse and siblings points, you will get an invite. The cutoff in the last healthcare draw was 422.

Also, you can get a provincial nomination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.