Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048319 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ehido(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2022
Dimple10:
i know that he will have to provide POF for the children whether accompanying or not.

Since they're divorced i don't think he would need to show for the spouse.

Thank you very much for your answer.

What if it is a case of separation, will he have to provide for the entire family of 4? Or just himself and the children.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2022
Francieuche:
IELTS listening 8.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Reading 6.5
Should I abandon this Express entry process and continue with my life?
What kind of result is this??
Can I remark it?
Why do i feel my test score was swapped this has been my fear
yes you can. You only missed the magic scores by 0.5. Same ielts some us of do 5 times lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2022
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY: A SHORT LANDING GIST
Please read this report through the lens of a first-time International traveller and ignore any of my JJC observations grin
I filled ArriveCAN (more on this later) and printed out the receipt on Tuesday 07/06, in preparation for my Wednesday 08/06 flight. I booked Egyptair exactly 8 weeks in advance and it cost 257k which was around 112k less than the price offered by the next cheapest airline (for those on a budget like Yours Truly grin) .
I barely slept that Tuesday night, such was my excitement + trepidation over this journey into a new land with no real support structure.
Muritala!
At check-in, I was asked for ArriveCAN receipt, COVID vaccine card, passport and COPR. Check-in lady spent close to 5 mins advising and encouraging me before giving me my 2 tickets, (God will continue to bless you ma cos in spite of my "hard guy"-"hard guy" things, I was very, very scared and I needed to hear those kind words from a stranger).
Immigration was a breeze and I submitted the yellow card at that point. Ditto customs. There was some bambiala stuff but I had no cash on me so ojoro cancel ojoro grin
At the boarding gate, I was asked for the same things except COPR. I had some naira that I had forgotten about in my back pocket so I had to use that one to encourage the officer that did physical search. We started boarded at 2pm and the plane too off for Cairo at exactly 2:40pm.
ABOUT MONEY - I had less than 10kUSD and about 200 CAD in cash. I kept both bundles in my backpack and nobody asked me anything about it. In the declaration card, I just ticked that I had less than $10000 and that was that.
Cairo
5-hour flight to Cairo was smooth. They gave us water, jollof rice and chicken,tea/coffee, guava juice, cake, bread and salad. They had some new movies sha. I sat with a great naija conversationalist and time flew by with pure gist. We got to Cairo at night, and all I could see was lights. As we got closer to the landing I could see well-planned structures, street-lights etc etc. I couldn't appreciate the beauty because it made me realise just how unfortunate the political class of Nigeria is. A few of us were stopped and our visas were inspected by Egyptian customs before we were allowed to go to our boarding gates. Layover was for 5 hours. Please travel with like $50, ( They accept USD and CAD) , preferably in small bills in case you need to buy something. I had to buy WiFi cos my phone couldn't access the airport's free WiFi. At check-in, we were asked for boarding pass, arriveCAN, vaccine card, copr and passport. We boarded at 1:30 Egyptian time and flew immediately.
P. S. EGYPT AIRPORT PEOPLE NO DEY TOO HEAR ENGLISH AND DEM DEY QUICK VEX SO HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS READY!
P. S. 2 - If you use the toilet in Cairo airport, you'll see 2 taps attached to a WC. One knob above and one below at about knee height level. You see that one below, DO NOT TURN IT! It sprays a powerful jet of water vertically and soaked my jeans in 2 secs! Opelope change of clothes ninu handluggage.
Toronto
We arrived by 8am or so after 11hours on the air. Flight was smooth. I followed the signs and they led to one machine like that. Follow the prompts on this machine. When I filled ArriveCAN, I used the web version because it gives you the option to fill your CBSA declaration form beforehand. If you, like your brother in the lord, use this option, you'll be done with the machine in like a minute and it'll print out a receipt. Otherwise, you'll do the CBSA declaration at the machine. I followed the line and landed at CBSA desk. I was asked for the copr, ArriveCAN receipt and passport. COPR was stamped and I signed. Sha, sha the entire process was seamless.
I got a sim card at the airport cos I didn't want to be without Internet access for any extended period of time as I have no one in this Toronto. Took a taxi to Airbnb, dropped my luggage, then went to open account and make deposit. Bank rate was 1.246 CAD to 1USD. Went to Service Canada at 4900 Yonge Street for SIN.
Final thoughts
There are port-holes on the road and the weather is harsh (it's 12 degrees in summer as I type this). Transportation by taxi is expensive as hell. This context is important for my next statement to make more sense: Even if my life depends on it, I will not live full-time in Nigeria again.
In theory, I know what a working system means but to experience it in flesh.. There are no words to describe it. I went to a road as busy and big as Abeokuta Expressway in Lagos or Aba road at certain points in Port-Harcourt. No policeman in sight, yet all the cars on both sides of the stopped for this immigrant to cross road because traffic light said so. Naija street-life was pushing me to run in case that big truck fails brake but I refused to embarrass my ancestors and I cat-walked like a local Toronto boy. Walahi, if you see my confidence yesterday you no go believe say I be the freshest JJC for Canada. Once I get my PR card, na to join police or politics cos I need to do my part in ensuring this system continues to work. As for naija, when better men than myself sanitise the system, I can consider coming back to settle. For now o, as my aunt would say, "Blind man wey get agbalumo, e dey hold am strong cos if the agbalumo fall..."
I'm not a devout Christian but every night and day I will say a prayer for this dream to become a reality for every single person on this journey. Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean even if there are portholes, the weather is harsh or transport by taxi is very expensive!

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nikkybeth: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2022
Good morning house, please I need guidance for the best NOC code for bank marketers. I'm asking for a friend. Please help if you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2022
ednut1:
yes you can. You only missed the magic scores by 0.5. Same ielts some us of do 5 times lol
my did it 4times. I am about to do mine to add to our CRS too. IELTS Huddle is crazy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davincci643: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2022
5454Darese:

Please let me know when you get an update. Mine was submitted on the 27 May via Abuja. Here is my email Oade815@gmail.com

I will also keep InTouch if I get an update.

I sent u an Email already.... check it.... Ken

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by moyin29: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
I doubt you will be providing POF provided you have all legal document for divorce
Ehido:

What if it is a case of separation, will he have to provide for the entire family of 4? Or just himself and the children.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by moyin29: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
It is the highlighted for me,
congratulations, may the land favour you
Immortalregis:
, DO NOT TURN IT! It sprays a powerful jet of water vertically and soaked my jeans in 2 secs! Opelope change of clothes ninu handluggag[/b]e.
[b]Toronto

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hi folks, I submitted my application a couple of days ago. It was after I submitted that I got to read some cases of rejection due to NOC duties.

When I got my work reference letter (WRL) for PNP, I followed the format of IRCC basically, and wrote the common daily duties I do at work not knowing that there was a specific duty guide which must be substantially covered even though they don't want copy and paste.

I used same PNP letter for IRCC but now looking at the duties on my letter vis-à-vis IRCC duty guide for my NOC, I feel the duties I used could possibly be considered not substantial enough, depending on who is assessing it, even though I listed up to 7 and none is off but some may be put together to mean One and if that's done, role meaning to role meaning, it'd be about 40-50% as compared to the main duties in IRCC guideline. The lead statement, essential duties and other formats are completely covered though.

Someone said, since I have crossed PNP and it is not as if the WRL is obviously defective except maybe on very critical scrutiny, I should not bother. Rather, it is my Medicals, criminality and POF that would be thoroughly scrutinized the most, except if there is a large gap in other areas that PNP missed.

My question is, should I just wait and pray that my application doesn't get to an over strict assessor or is there something I can do, possibly submitting a new reference letter via web forms. I hope a new WRL won't raise eyebrows and now draw undue attention to my relatively okay WRL while they turn blind eyes to my web forms containing the new WRL?

Sorry for the epistle, I wanted to be as explicit as possible. I want to hear advice on this pls to help me make informed decision. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Is there any document to show for separation? Oftentimes, separation is regarded as a temporary or short term measure, in which case in my opinion you'd have to add spouse POF.

If it's a case of divorce, the divorce certificate would suffice and there may be no need for adding the spouse in POF.

Ehido:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by anathemiamia(f): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Because of 1 failure? Go and actually study. Make sure you write 7 essays before booking your next test and post the last essay in the right forum of canadavisa for people to review. Practice reading g, listening on ieltsonline and if you're not getting up to 35 or 36, know you've not improved enough. I used straight Cambridge materials and was doing 1 listening, 1 reading a day. If you give up that's when you've failed. The rest na lesson

Francieuche:
IELTS listening 8.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Reading 6.5
Can I remark it?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Haircombb:

Not yet o. The last mail I got was on 26th of May saying my passport is in transit to IRCC Visa Office in Ghana OC for processing.

I submitted to Lagos VFS 18th of May

Just wanted to know if anyone that submitted there has gotten any tangible feedback yet.

I submitted on the 26th of April to VFS Lagos
They sent it to Accra Ghana on the 6th of May
On the 24th of May they said it had gotten to Canada VFS office Accra, and I haven’t heard anything back since then ��

It’s been more than 6 weeks already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Davincci643:

Hello Redkay.... any news from your side about notification from VFS?.... just curious

No news yet oo; since they said it had gotten to Canada VO on the 24th of May
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Immortalregis:
Please read this report through the lens of a first-time International traveller and ignore any of my JJC observations grin
I filled ArriveCAN (more on this later) and printed out the receipt on Tuesday 07/06, in preparation for my Wednesday 08/06 flight. I booked Egyptair exactly 8 weeks in advance and it cost 257k which was around 112k less than the price offered by the next cheapest airline (for those on a budget like Yours Truly grin) .
I barely slept that Tuesday night, such was my excitement + trepidation over this journey into a new land with no real support structure.
Muritala!
At check-in, I was asked for ArriveCAN receipt, COVID vaccine card, passport and COPR. Check-in lady spent close to 5 mins advising and encouraging me before giving me my 2 tickets, (God will continue to bless you ma cos in spite of my "hard guy"-"hard guy" things, I was very, very scared and I needed to hear those kind words from a stranger).
Immigration was a breeze and I submitted the yellow card at that point. Ditto customs. There was some bambiala stuff but I had no cash on me so ojoro cancel ojoro grin
At the boarding gate, I was asked for the same things except COPR. I had some naira that I had forgotten about in my back pocket so I had to use that one to encourage the officer that did physical search. We started boarded at 2pm and the plane too off for Cairo at exactly 2:40pm.
ABOUT MONEY - I had less than 10kUSD and about 200 CAD in cash. I kept both bundles in my backpack and nobody asked me anything about it. In the declaration card, I just ticked that I had less than $10000 and that was that.
Cairo
5-hour flight to Cairo was smooth. They gave us water, jollof rice and chicken,tea/coffee, guava juice, cake, bread and salad. They had some new movies sha. I sat with a great naija conversationalist and time flew by with pure gist. We got to Cairo at night, and all I could see was lights. As we got closer to the landing I could see well-planned structures, street-lights etc etc. I couldn't appreciate the beauty because it made me realise just how unfortunate the political class of Nigeria is. A few of us were stopped and our visas were inspected by Egyptian customs before we were allowed to go to our boarding gates. Layover was for 5 hours. Please travel with like $50, ( They accept USD and CAD) , preferably in small bills in case you need to buy something. I had to buy WiFi cos my phone couldn't access the airport's free WiFi. At check-in, we were asked for boarding pass, arriveCAN, vaccine card, copr and passport. We boarded at 1:30 Egyptian time and flew immediately.
P. S. EGYPT AIRPORT PEOPLE NO DEY TOO HEAR ENGLISH AND DEM DEY QUICK VEX SO HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS READY!
P. S. 2 - If you use the toilet in Cairo airport, you'll see 2 taps attached to a WC. One knob above and one below at about knee height level. You see that one below, DO NOT TURN IT! It sprays a powerful jet of water vertically and soaked my jeans in 2 secs! Opelope change of clothes ninu handluggage.
Toronto
We arrived by 8am or so after 11hours on the air. Flight was smooth. I followed the signs and they led to one machine like that. Follow the prompts on this machine. When I filled ArriveCAN, I used the web version because it gives you the option to fill your CBSA declaration form beforehand. If you, like your brother in the lord, use this option, you'll be done with the machine in like a minute and it'll print out a receipt. Otherwise, you'll do the CBSA declaration at the machine. I followed the line and landed at CBSA desk. I was asked for the copr, ArriveCAN receipt and passport. COPR was stamped and I signed. Sha, sha the entire process was seamless.
I got a sim card at the airport cos I didn't want to be without Internet access for any extended period of time as I have no one in this Toronto. Took a taxi to Airbnb, dropped my luggage, then went to open account and make deposit. Bank rate was 1.246 CAD to 1USD. Went to Service Canada at 4900 Yonge Street for SIN.
Final thoughts
There are port-holes on the road and the weather is harsh (it's 12 degrees in summer as I type this). Transportation by taxi is expensive as hell. This context is important for my next statement to make more sense: Even if my life depends on it, I will not live full-time in Nigeria again.
In theory, I know what a working system means but to experience it in flesh.. There are no words to describe it. I went to a road as busy and big as Abeokuta Expressway in Lagos or Aba road at certain points in Port-Harcourt. No policeman in sight, yet all the cars on both sides of the stopped for this immigrant to cross road because traffic light said so. Naija street-life was pushing me to run in case that big truck fails brake but I refused to embarrass my ancestors and I cat-walked like a local Toronto boy. Walahi, if you see my confidence yesterday you no go believe say I be the freshest JJC for Canada. Once I get my PR card, na to join police or politics cos I need to do my part in ensuring this system continues to work. As for naija, when better men than myself sanitise the system, I can consider coming back to settle. For now o, as my aunt would say, "Blind man wey get agbalumo, e dey hold am strong cos if the agbalumo fall..."
I'm not a devout Christian but every night and day I will say a prayer for this dream to become a reality for every single person on this journey. Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean even if there are portholes, the weather is harsh or transport by taxi is very expensive!

This was a very nice and encouraging story to read

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pimiento(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
Following this thread bumper to bumper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CountVersailles(f): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Immortalregis:
Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean even if there are portholes, the weather is harsh or transport by taxi is very expensive!
Your head too correct cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davincci643: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
Redkay:

No news yet oo; since they said it had gotten to Canada VO on the 24th of May

Hi Redkay, Please drop your email ID, so we can share updates

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Immortalregis:

Enjoyed this!!!!!! As they say, May the land Favour you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dimple10:
congratulations!!! I envy your timeline...
I'm coming to envy yours pretty soon smiley
Thank you!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by successhungry: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
anathemiamia:

Hi successhungry, can you please share your timeline. Including the steps you took after getting this email and to initiate pickup. Thanks

Hi! This isnt for me. I landed already.
Traced our chat
Sent documents and passport to Germany vfs on 7th or 8th may
Delivered to vfs Germany 10th may
Delivered to IRCC 11th may
Las las passport with visa received by the owner on 30th May.
*DHL delayed pick up by 4days.*
When she received a mail that the decision envelope had been dispatched to vfs from ircc office,she went to the nearest dhl office to initiate pickup from Germany. DHL staff put her through

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amoj4682: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
themonk:

All I used was www.ieltsliz.com, I got 8.5/9 on first attempt. I don’t think there is need to read textbooks that will waste your time, practice, practice, practice is all you need especially now you know how the exam goes.

During my time, I completely did all the exercises on ieltsliz multiple times, every single thing practiced and practiced again.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
saskatoonguy:
no. Looking to improve the score to 488 or 490
...May your heart desires come through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Francieuche:
IELTS listening 8.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Reading 6.5
Can I remark it?
...Put in more effort
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
I have just checked my IELTS Result. It's my first attempt. I didn't really prepare for it. I only watched a few (about 4 or 5) youtube videos and read for only 2 days due to my busy work schedules. The Result I saw online now is: SRLW - 8,7.5,7.5,7.5,.

My target was to get all-round 8, Do you think I can request a remark of this result? undecided

I feel as if the marker is strict with marks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zeewirld:
...May your heart desires come through.
amen. Thanks Nd yours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
For this that their FSW AOR is 2019 & 2020. For the issue of POF, how were you able to do it. Considering the fact that you waited for almost 2years or more than that after getting an ITA. Did you leave the POF untouched or how did you do it? Just curious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bellatrixx: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Haircombb:
Is there anyone here who submitted passport to Lagos VFS in May?

May 4th; got a notification that my passport is in lagos vfs yesterday (June 9th)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bellatrixx:

May 4th; got a notification that my passport is in lagos vfs yesterday (June 9th)

Hi, please drop your timeline of all the stages/ movement and dates from passport submission to delivery back to lag
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hi, did anyone submit passport to vfs Abuja in May?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
Redkay:

On the 24th of May they said it had gotten to Canada VFS office Accra, and I haven’t heard anything back since then ��

Mine is 3 weeks plus. I am just worried I haven't heard any word yet. Last email I got was that my passport is in transit to IRCC visa office Ghana. This was over 2 weeks ago
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bellatrixx:

Wow! Congratulations. Share Timeline please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Redkay:

It says it has been sent to VFS office Accra, that means ircc has returned it back to visa application center Accra to be sent back to Lagos VFS. By now it should be on its way to vfs Lagos and you will get a notification anytime from next week

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.