Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048286 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by anathemiamia(f): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Betterlife2018:

He was getting update regularly. When he got mail that it is ready for pick up

You'll forward the pick up mail to the Dhl officer attending to you when you sent passport, he or she will turn give you a form to fill, and send u waybill via your email, make payment as instructed by the dhl officer. Forward waybill, pick up mail to these emails with an authorization letter. This authorizes you chosen courier to pick up your package from VFS Germany.
info.canger@vfshelpline.com, Interpost.canber@vfshelpline.com

I hope this helps.

That is the amount here.

Is there a formal authorization letter I should get from vfs? Because it seems the authorization form they have online is for personal pickup not Courier pickup. Or is this an authorization email you sent them?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
5454Darese:

How many updates have you gotten so far and what was the first one?

First Update was 18th may, It was received at Lagos VFS.

Second update was 26th May, Received at Canada visa application centre Ghana and is in transit to IRCC office in Ghana.

Nothing since then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
Haircombb:

First Update was 18th may, It was received at Lagos VFS.

Second update was 26th May, Received at Canada visa application centre Ghana and is in transit to IRCC office in Ghana.

Nothing since then

Maybe it hasn’t been updated, it should be with ircc by now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Daybour1: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Good evening guys. Will like to ask if I can travel with a passport of 5 months validity, after visa and copr have been issued?

Will appreciate your answers. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Davincci643:

Hi Redkay, Please drop your email ID, so we can share updates

Thanks

thelifeofink@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
5454Darese:

It says it has been sent to VFS office Accra, that means ircc has returned it back to visa application center Accra to be sent back to Lagos VFS. By now it should be on its way to vfs Lagos and you will get a notification anytime from next week

Thank you. This is encouraging
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Daybour1:
Good evening guys. Will like to ask if I can travel with a passport of 5 months validity, after visa and copr have been issued?

Will appreciate your answers. Thank you.
you can travel with a days validity self. Since its an immigrant visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hi someone pls help,
I'm new to these stuff, but have been following the thread. SO, I've done my WES and IELTS.

I decided to enter the pool today, but I've been redirected countless times to the same page. It's more like going round in circles. I keep seeing this error message shown below. So, please I would appreciate a guide on how to enter the pool. I have generated something that looks like a ten (10) digit code starting with two letters - "A Personal Reference Code". Please where do I input this code? I will appreciate useful tips. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by portablesuzy: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
good day house please how much is medical for a family of 3 wife ,hubby and 3 children.
the biometrics i saw that individual is $85 while family is $ 170. does that means a whole family pays d 170 and thats all . pls need clarification
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Daybour1: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
ednut1:
you can travel with a days validity self. Since its an immigrant visa

Thank you very much brother...everyother person has been advising I renew, that I wouldn't be allowed entry at the port, and its just scary.

Please is your answer based on real life scenarios? Cos...hmm naija immigration officers may try to raise unnecessary issues.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
moyin29:
It is the highlighted for me,
congratulations, may the land favour you
Thanks so much. Amen! Wishing you success in your endeavours too!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
Redkay:

This was a very nice and encouraging story to read
Thanks a lot. I'm glad you feel that way. Wishing you success in your endeavours!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
CountVersailles:

Your head too correct cheesy
Thanks big chief! Wishing you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2022
portablesuzy:
good day house please how much is medical for a family of 3 wife ,hubby and 3 children.
the biometrics i saw that individual is $85 while family is $ 170. does that means a whole family pays d 170 and thats all . pls need clarification
thanks
Medicals just budget about 36k for kids and 46k for adults. Might be a little less than that, can’t remember the exact figures.

You’re right about the biometrics, also kids below 14 or so ain’t required to do biometrics so unless you have teenagers, it’s just you and your spouse doing biometrics.

Also husband, wife and 3 kids makes you a family of 5 not 3. For when you’re calculating PoF.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2022
Saynoomore:
Hi someone pls help,
I'm new to these stuff, but have been following the thread. SO, I've done my WES and IELTS.

I decided to enter the pool today, but I've been redirected countless times to the same page. It's more like going round in circles. I keep seeing this error message shown below. So, please I would appreciate a guide on how to enter the pool. I have generated something that looks like a ten (10) digit code starting with two letters - "A Personal Reference Code". Please where do I input this code? I will appreciate useful tips. Thanks

Whenever it brings up this error message, go back and click again continuously until it loads. The site requires patience. You can also try incognito mode on your browser. They’ll probably ask for the code along the line.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2022
Saynoomore:
I have just checked my IELTS Result. It's my first attempt. I didn't really prepare for it. I only watched a few (about 4 or 5) youtube videos and read for only 2 days due to my busy work schedules. The Result I saw online now is: SRLW - 8,7.5,7.5,7.5,.

My target was to get all-round 8, Do you think I can request a remark of this result? undecided

I feel as if the marker is strict with marks!
To max out, what you need is LRSW= 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5
The second best scores are LRSW= 8, 7, 7, 7
Aiming for an all round 8 would get you the second best scores and you’d have missed maxing out by just 0.5 points. So better to aim to max out and at worst you land at tier 2.

The good news is that if you can do this well with little practice, you’ll probably max out at the second try. You maxed out speaking and writing which are the two parts that can easily change with a remark. You need to work on your listening and reading. You can also remark them if you like but they’re objective questions and it’s unlikely that the person marking made a mistake in both.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Darelogistics(m): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2022
Coming to Edmonton! And you don't have family or friends in Edmonton, worry not and contact darelogisticsca@gmail.com we can rent an apartment before you land, pick you up and show you around.
whatsapp 78002462992.

Let's us be your family and friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2022
Pateda26:
Hi folks, I submitted my application a couple of days ago. It was after I submitted that I got to read some cases of rejection due to NOC duties.

When I got my work reference letter (WRL) for PNP, I followed the format of IRCC basically, and wrote the common daily duties I do at work not knowing that there was a specific duty guide which must be substantially covered even though they don't want copy and paste.

I used same PNP letter for IRCC but now looking at the duties on my letter vis-à-vis IRCC duty guide for my NOC, I feel the duties I used could possibly be considered not substantial enough, depending on who is assessing it, even though I listed up to 7 and none is off but some may be put together to mean One and if that's done, role meaning to role meaning, it'd be about 40-50% as compared to the main duties in IRCC guideline. The lead statement, essential duties and other formats are completely covered though.

Someone said, since I have crossed PNP and it is not as if the WRL is obviously defective except maybe on very critical scrutiny, I should not bother. Rather, it is my Medicals, criminality and POF that would be thoroughly scrutinized the most, except if there is a large gap in other areas that PNP missed.

My question is, should I just wait and pray that my application doesn't get to an over strict assessor or is there something I can do, possibly submitting a new reference letter via web forms. I hope a new WRL won't raise eyebrows and now draw undue attention to my relatively okay WRL while they turn blind eyes to my web forms containing the new WRL?

Sorry for the epistle, I wanted to be as explicit as possible. I want to hear advice on this pls to help me make informed decision. Thanks.
This kind of panic is normal post submission. Your letter seems okay from what you’ve described. Join telegram/WhatsApp groups with people of the same AOR. When they start passing eligibility, call or order gcms notes to see if you’ve passed too. Imo you should only send the second letter if your eligibility is taking too long to pass or gets a review required.

Alternatively, try to find someone who can assess nocs or who’s gotten PPR with the same NOC so that they can go through your letter and tell you if it’s okay for real or if you need backup.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Immortalregis:
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY: A SHORT LANDING GIST

I barely slept that Tuesday night, such was my excitement + trepidation over this journey......

P. S. EGYPT AIRPORT PEOPLE NO DEY TOO HEAR ENGLISH AND DEM DEY QUICK VEX SO HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS READY!

P. S. 2 - If you use the toilet in Cairo airport, you'll see 2 taps attached to a WC. One knob above and one below at about knee height level. You see that one below, DO NOT TURN IT! It sprays a powerful jet of water vertically and soaked my jeans in 2 secs! Opelope change of clothes ninu handluggage.

I got a sim card at the airport cos I didn't want to be without Internet access for any extended period of time as I have no one in this Toronto.

Final thoughts
I'm not a devout Christian but every night and day I will say a prayer for this dream to become a reality for every single person on this journey. Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean.....

Baba, na comedian you be! That vertical tap na Franco Arab derivative of our "tamba"....bidet. Thank God for spare clothes... grin

Congrats again....you go soon turn Lion in the Big City!

#WorkingSystem

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2022
Sacre:
Hello fam, what CLB do I need for English and French to get the full 50 points allocated for French?

balogunsam:
Hi aspiring Canadian, I greet una ooo!

Does anyone know if this is valid or has anyone done this? -
CLB 7 in IELTS with CLB 5 in French will get one 50 extra points according to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html

Check the CRS grid here, at least CLB7 in French plus at least CLB5 in English gives 50 bonus points. Obviously to max out on CRS (despite the 50 bonus) you need to aim for CLB10 in English:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

How the exact scores in the language exams translate to CLB is in this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

All links from page 1, your sure plug.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2022
Pateda26:
Hi folks, I submitted my application a couple of days ago. It was after I submitted that I got to read some cases of rejection due to NOC duties.

When I got my work reference letter (WRL) for PNP, I followed the format of IRCC basically, and wrote the common daily duties I do at work not knowing that there was a specific duty guide which must be substantially covered even though they don't want copy and paste.

I used same PNP letter for IRCC but now looking at the duties on my letter vis-à-vis IRCC duty guide for my NOC, I feel the duties I used could possibly be considered not substantial enough, depending on who is assessing it, even though I listed up to 7 and none is off but some may be put together to mean One and if that's done, role meaning to role meaning, it'd be about 40-50% as compared to the main duties in IRCC guideline. The lead statement, essential duties and other formats are completely covered though.

Someone said, since I have crossed PNP and it is not as if the WRL is obviously defective except maybe on very critical scrutiny, I should not bother.

My question is, should I just wait and pray that my application doesn't get to an over strict assessor or is there something I can do, possibly submitting a new reference letter via web forms. I hope a new WRL won't raise eyebrows and now draw undue attention to my relatively okay WRL while they turn blind eyes to my web forms containing the new WRL?

Try using this method to assess your WRL against the duties stated in your chosen NOC.
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283#96895306

Do what will give you peace of mind.

If you sincerely feel your letter is deficient update it via webform. It costs nothing to send a webform IMO. A document you send by webform should supercede a previous one supplied. You can send the same document weekly until you get confirmation via mail that it has been updated on your file.

If you are satisfied your WRL is ok, then leave it as is.

Pls read page 1, crossing PNP and crossing IRCC are not the same. Again, there are examples of people that crossed PNP and did not cross IRCC due to NOC, one of such is on page 1.

Ps: given what you wrote in red, how did you then choose your NOC?

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2022
Reedahbaby01:
My people gather round it's Pee Pee Harrrrr grin

AOR- January 30 2022

Mail recieved around 4 pm today

Yaaay...Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 9:39am On Jun 11, 2022
Allegory:

To max out, what you need is LRSW= 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5
The second best scores are LRSW= 8, 7, 7, 7
Aiming for an all round 8 would get you the second best scores and you’d have missed maxing out by just 0.5 points. So better to aim to max out and at worst you land at tier 2.

The good news is that if you can do this well with little practice, you’ll probably max out at the second try. You maxed out speaking and writing which are the two parts that can easily change with a remark. You need to work on your listening and reading. You can also remark them if you like but they’re objective questions and it’s unlikely that the person marking made a mistake in both.

Thanks for your reply.

Please, how do I start the process of requesting a remark? I want to raise a protest. I am very confident that I answered all the questions well. I'm suspecting that I was shortchanged and deliberately marked poorly. Perhaps they do this to make people patronize them again. I must see to the end of this issue! Please what's the procedure and how much does it cost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2022
19 Days till July!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2022
Francieuche:
IELTS listening 8.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Reading 6.5
Should I abandon this Express entry process and continue with my life?
What kind of result is this??
Can I remark it?
Why do i feel my test score was swapped this has been my fear
na who give up, fvck up!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2022
saskatoonguy:
For this that their FSW AOR is 2019 & 2020. For the issue of POF, how were you able to do it. Considering the fact that you waited for almost 2years or more than that after getting an ITA. Did you leave the POF untouched or how did you do it? Just curious
dimple10 and graciouswords, this is an interesting one. I am curious as well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Saynoomore:

Thanks for your reply.

Please, how do I start the process of requesting a remark? I want to raise a protest. I am very confident that I answered all the questions well. I'm suspecting that I was shortchanged and deliberately marked poorly. Perhaps they do this to make people patronize them again. I must see to the end of this issue! Please what's the procedure and how much does it cost?
Where did you write the exam. You can use google to find the remark link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2022
So beautiful to read.
Congratulations
Immortalregis:
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY: A SHORT LANDING GIST
Please read this report through the lens of a first-time International traveller and ignore any of my JJC observations grin

Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean even if there are portholes, the weather is harsh or transport by taxi is very expensive!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2022
Allegory:

Where did you write the exam. You can use google to find the remark link

Ok. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bellatrixx: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
5454Darese:

Hi, please drop your timeline of all the stages/ movement and dates from passport submission to delivery back to lag

April 28th- package sent via dhl (couldn’t get 2-way done at that terminal)
May 4th- vfs lagos received package due to the long weekend.
May 5th - lagos vfs dispatch to Accra vfs
May 24th- received in accra vfs/ transit to ircc
May 25th- received in ircc
June 3rd- processed passport back to Accra
June 9th - passport received in lagos

Seems I can’t have dhl pick it up (according to their CSR); Now I gotta pay 15k to get it sent via lagos vfs courier. cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
Dear all, can u edit your ielts details after ITA? For example, your ielts is being remarked but u use the existing trf to be in the pool, then u get ita before the remark is concluded. If any change occurs, can u update it before submitting?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
Yes. You can edit your IELTS scores post-ITA.
ciwi:
Dear all, can u edit your ielts details after ITA? ...can u update it before submitting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: Awesomemama and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.