Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1043613 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 8:44am On May 09, 2023
OgechiBae:
Please, how did you get yours refunded? My sister withdrew hers and she is yet to get refunded. She withdrew when the status was still "submitted". Does the refund go straight to the credit card used for the payment?

Yes, it goes back to the wallet.

You have to send an email to OINP asking for it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 9:13am On May 09, 2023
In the Section of Work History i selected NO for my spouse (dependant).Though yet to write Language test. I choose NO in work history because he is not adding to my score in that area. Are my safe with this decision ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2023
teepeehall:
In the Section of Work History i selected NO for my spouse (dependant).Though yet to write Language test. I choose NO in work history because he is not adding to my score in that area. Are my safe with this decision ?

My personal rule of thumb is: Whatever is actually a YES, I dont put a no just to make the application easier for me. These guys take misrepresentation more seriously than you think.

They do background checks. If they discover that he actually has some work history, maybe on LinkedIn, youll have a case to answer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2023
braine:

My personal rule of thumb is: Whatever is actually a YES, I dont put a no just to make the application easier for me. These guys take misrepresentation more seriously than you think.

They do background checks. If they discover that he actually has some work history, maybe on LinkedIn, youll have a case to answer.
there is no misrepresentation here. Spouse experience in express entry means work experience obtained in Canada. Answer is no, will only be listed in personal history after ITA.
teepeehall:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by newmum: 11:58am On May 09, 2023
Hello All, I received this ADR on my application (see screenshot please). Please I need a few clarity:

1. Is the schedule A just for my spouse since only his name and UCI number were shown?

2. On my application profile, the placeholder for document upload is under my own section and not his own. does this mean anything?

3. should I also fill schedule A for myself and attach to his?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 1:17pm On May 09, 2023
njambert:
Hello everyone;
Can I use my UBA visa card to do an ATM withdrawal while in Canada? If yes any limits of the amount one can withdraw at once?
all USD international cards work. Charges ranges from 3.5 CAD to 4 CAD per transaction. Limit per withdrawal is 400 CAD. 1200 CAD limit per day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bookholla(f): 2:26pm On May 09, 2023
Pls,I need info on best means to pay for WES...if you did ECA recently,pls how did you pay and at what exchange rate. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 2:54pm On May 09, 2023
braine:

Doing this will make you submit unnecessary documents.
What matters is what gives points and back it up with proofs. So it makes no sense adding spouse’s work experience if it’s not in Canada as that’s the only way a spouse can add points for work experience.

Like myself, I had more than 1 eligible NOCs and up to 6 years as work experience, but I filled only 1 NOC that has 3 years and some months under my work experience. Every other experience went to personal history.

“Keep it simple” is important when applying for PR through express entry unlike submitting enough supporting documents for study and visiting visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:54pm On May 09, 2023
newmum:
Hello All, I received this ADR on my application (see screenshot please). Please I need a few clarity:

1. Is the schedule A just for my spouse since only his name and UCI number were shown?

2. On my application profile, the placeholder for document upload is under my own section and not his own. does this mean anything?

3. should I also fill schedule A for myself and attach to his?

I'd say: each person completes and signs their own form. Scan the 2 Sch A forms into a single document and upload in the single placeholder. Then send a webform attaching the 2 Sch A forms and saying you have uploaded both in the placeholder as there was only one placeholder.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 2:59pm On May 09, 2023
teepeehall:

If you look closely, you will see it’s work experience done in Canada.
So nothing wrong in your decision.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:03pm On May 09, 2023
teepeehall:

You are safe. If you prefer, you can add an LOE to explain. Although I would expect the VO knows this already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:05pm On May 09, 2023
Emmaus12:
He shouldn't loose hope just yet. I amnin the same boat. He should fill a webform on the iRCC portal and try to connect with his Alberta PNP assessing officer.

Though the rule says one thing, however IRCC acknowledges that there wasn't sufficient notice for the new POF update. My assessing officer told me not to create a new profile yet. That they are deliberating internally and with IRCC on the best way to resolve this for affected applicants. Let's stay hopeful for a favourable outcome.

However worst case will be to start over but will see

@ Bettybeauty ..perhaps contact Alberta again given this feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Drniyi4u:
Good day everyone.

Please I need some clarifications concerning my application.

I got OINP ITA last week Friday, I've accepted and currently filling the application forms. My point is 478 and I think I'll be invited in the next 2/3 federal draws (as they're currently on 483).

Though the outcome of this week's draw will determine my next line of action, however, can I get federal ITA considering the fact that I had already accepted Ontario's nomination (even though I've not submitted my documents)?

If this week's draw comes down to 480/481, would you advise I withdraw Ontario's nomination?

Lastly, please what's the average processing time for OINP recently?

Thanks.

Make we see wetin IRCC wan do tomorrow....

I'd say: apply to OINP as close to the deadline as possible and if you get Federal ITA shortly thereafter then you can ask for a cancellation and hopefully get your CAD1,500 back. Obviously if ITA shows before the OINP deadline, that's the best scenario.

I would NOT advise you to let OINP go without Federal ITA in your hand nor should you base your decisions solely on the hope of what future scores will be, as per #BirdInHand principle.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Drniyi4u(m): 3:26pm On May 09, 2023
GraciousWords:

Make we see wetin IRCC wan do tomorrow....

I'd say: apply to OINP as close to the deadline as possible and if you get Federal ITA shortly thereafter then you can ask for a cancellation and hopefully get your CAD1,500 back. Obviously if ITA shows before the OINP deadline, that's the best scenario.

I would NOT advise you to let OINP go without Federal ITA in your hand nor should you base your decisions solely on the hope of what future scores will be, as per #BirdInHand principle.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Drniyi4u(m): 3:29pm On May 09, 2023
braine:

Just like you, I received OINP NOI, filled the forms, Paid and Submitted.

The following week, federal ITA came, I withdrew the OINP application and got my 1500 refunded.

Average processing time for OINP is about 60 days.

Thank you for your response.

This confirmed you got federal ITA after your payment.

I'll see what they do in tomorrow's draw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2023
Drniyi4u:
Good day everyone.

Please I need some clarifications concerning my application.

I got OINP ITA last week Friday, I've accepted and currently filling the application forms. My point is 478 and I think I'll be invited in the next 2/3 federal draws (as they're currently on 483).

Though the outcome of this week's draw will determine my next line of action, however, can I get federal ITA considering the fact that I had already accepted Ontario's nomination (even though I've not submitted my documents)?

If this week's draw comes down to 480/481, would you advise I withdraw Ontario's nomination?

Lastly, please what's the average processing time for OINP recently?

Thanks.
this reminds me of a friend of mine who had 2 years 6 months experience , while waiting in the pool for 3 years to complete. Oinp sent him nomination. He applied and the application was about about 3 months gone. Then ircc started doing draws of 471 to 473. His score when up to 468 after he got points for 3 years. Instead of waiting for ITA he withdrew his OINP so he could get refund of his 1500. The scores didn’t come down till he lost points for age and went to 463. Its over 3 years now he has lost more points to age and went to an European country to do masters. The 1500 dols he wanted to save he use am pay 15k euros school fees . Like gracious said bird in hand o.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 3:57pm On May 09, 2023
Please I need clarification on gift deed as a POF.
1. Can it be used for both EE and Student Visa?
2. Can I used landed property as gift deed even when not sold?
3. Can a gift deed from cousins or relatives be used?

4. And with gift deed, do I have to wait 6 months for POF?

I would appreciate your kind response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 4:08pm On May 09, 2023
greenverte:

Doing this will make you submit unnecessary documents.
What matters is what gives points and back it up with proofs. So it makes no sense adding spouse’s work experience if it’s not in Canada as that’s the only way a spouse can add points for work experience.

Like myself, I had more than 1 eligible NOCs and up to 6 years as work experience, but I filled only 1 NOC that has 3 years and some months under my work experience. Every other experience went to personal history.

“Keep it simple” is important when applying for PR through express entry unlike submitting enough supporting documents for study and visiting visa.

If the spouse has Canadian experience, would the correct or easy answer to that question be a NO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by toygod2: 4:17pm On May 09, 2023
OK ,

Finally arrived here..:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 09, 2023
ednut1:
there is no misrepresentation here. Spouse experience in express entry means work experience obtained in Canada. Answer is no, will only be listed in personal history after ITA.
Thanks for response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Fifunmipupo: 5:20pm On May 09, 2023
Hello Everyone, I use to see the option to upload a copy of university certificate on WES Page, but I guess it's no longer on the page, I just want to confirm if anyone else noticed, cause I am trying to upload my certificate before proceeding to make payment, I just want to be sure I am not missing that part, please assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2023
DeejahAJ:

Thanks for your response.

We live in Europe, would it be a problem if we have our POF in our naira account?

Not a problem
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ans123: 9:00pm On May 09, 2023
Hello House ,please do I have to attach the affidavit that comes with the attestation of birth when claiming siblings point .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 10:34pm On May 09, 2023
Please i noticed Qlife medical is showing booked for the whole of May and June.. what can i do??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 10:51pm On May 09, 2023
dabyem:
Hello Nairalanders,

I just got ITA in the last draw. My wedding is coming up ending of next month and I hope to submit my application before the wedding because I applied as a single applicant.
My husband is not accompanying me to Canada yet because he is still running his Msc. In UK.

Please what do you advise?
Can I go ahead and submit my applicant as a single before the wedding takes place?

Hello, have you submitted and added your husband? If yes, please let me know what updates you have on including him
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 10:51pm On May 09, 2023
Francieuche:
Please i noticed Qlife medical is showing booked for the whole of May and June.. what can i do??

Qlife only open up their portal for bookings on Mondays.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2023
GraciousWords:

Just to add....looks like he needs to withdraw the nomination via the AAIP portal, then create a new express entry profile, this will give him the chance to be selected again (soon hopefully). Some provinces would've transferred the nomination to a new EE profile....but looks like some don't. Sorry, many were caught up in the POF update wahala.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-after-you-are-nominated.aspx

I was also caught up in this POF wahala..... Last week Friday, Ontario had the tech draw and I went to check my mail thinking I would've gotten NOI or something. Saw a mail from IRCC (it came in 4 days prior to Friday but I was too excited to notice that), and I thought I had gotten NOI. Only to login and I saw my profile was ineligible coz of POF. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Precisionlanre: 11:55pm On May 09, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by patokenneth: 12:35am On May 10, 2023
Fifunmipupo:
Hello Everyone, I use to see the option to upload a copy of university certificate on WES Page, but I guess it's no longer on the page, I just want to confirm if anyone else noticed, cause I am trying to upload my certificate before proceeding to make payment, I just want to be sure I am not missing that part, please assist.
I don't remember exactly but I think you see this option after you've paid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DeejahAJ: 6:36am On May 10, 2023
seunpinky:

Not a problem

Alright. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dabyem: 9:03am On May 10, 2023
Hi,

Yes I was able to submit before the wedding.

After the wedding, I raised a webform to inform IRCC of my marriage attaching all necessary documents. They replied saying that they have received the documents and that a case officer has been assigned to review the documents.

So I am still waiting on their feedback (Which is to officially add him to mu profile I guess). Meanwhile my application is still on-going. I was recently asked to go for biometrics.

shaynehuey:

Hello, have you submitted and added your husband? If yes, please let me know what updates you have on including him

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 9:58am On May 10, 2023
dabyem:
Hi,

Yes I was able to submit before the wedding.

After the wedding, I raised a webform to inform IRCC of my marriage attaching all necessary documents. They replied saying that they have received the documents and that a case officer has been assigned to review the documents.

So I am still waiting on their feedback (Which is to officially add him to mu profile I guess). Meanwhile my application is still on-going. I was recently asked to go for biometrics.

Oh. Ok. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.