Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1054358 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by toygod2: 5:15pm On Apr 26
SemperFid:
Good day everyone.

I studied optometry in Nigeria and have been working since 2022. I will be 32 by August 15 and I have created an Express Entry profile. I have my IELTS score after taking the exam last month and i scored 7.5 in everything.

I relayed this information about me to two immigration lawyers who sort of counsel people on how to get to Canada. The first one suggested that I retake the IELTS exam and aim for bands 8 or 9 OR just learn French and write the test for French.

The second immigration lawyer said I should use the PNP to bridge any gap between my application and the cut off mark.

At this point I'm confused. I know I don't want to retake the IELTS or even study any French. I just want to go with the PNP as I have read about it a lot here but I need guidelines on how to go about it.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

Gracias

We are in the same ship.

Need help on how the PNP works Biko?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by toygod2: 5:16pm On Apr 26
Some please help.

In my desperation , I donโ€™t want to fall for scam.

Who knows or is familiar with this??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SemperFid: 5:19pm On Apr 26
toygod2:

We are in the same ship.

Need help on how the PNP works Biko?

Wahala too much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SemperFid: 5:22pm On Apr 26
aestake:

What is your CRS score? To be proactive, retake the English test only and aim higher; to be passive or completely take the race off your hands, do nothing and hope on PNP.

My crs is 374 as it stands. If I do another ielts and score maybe 8.5 on reading and listening, all things being equal, I will be at 430. Do you think this increase is worth it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 5:45pm On Apr 26
In case you need this๐Ÿ‘‡
studycenter:
Looking for an escape route to a quick and good score in your English language proficiency test, PTE core is an easier substitute to IETLS & CELPIP.

With its shorter task and a 3 sections compared to others; all can be completed in two hours. You have the option to practice with the exact questions before your exam.

The Pearson Test of English (PTE) is not very popular but another easier substitute for both IELTS and CELPIP. PTE comprises of 3 sections and has shorter tasks compared to IELTS & CELPIP. The exam is cmpletely computer based and all 3 sections are written in one day (2hrs). Results are released in two days.

Looking for something new to try if you want a quick and easy English language proficiency test to take, PTE core is your best bet.

For all comprehensive study material (audio, video and text), direct exam questions and guild, reach out below or here:08106337690

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 7:07pm On Apr 26
SemperFid:

My crs is 374 as it stands. If I do another ielts and score maybe 8.5 on reading and listening, all things being equal, I will be at 430. Do you think this increase is worth it?
Do that as you could be in luck with the health care category. Much better than hoping against hope, if you ask me. Let it be a last-ditch effort...push push.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 8:35pm On Apr 26
SemperFid:
Good day everyone.

I studied optometry in Nigeria and have been working since 2022. I will be 32 by August 15 and I have created an Express Entry profile. I have my IELTS score after taking the exam last month and i scored 7.5 in everything.

I relayed this information about me to two immigration lawyers who sort of counsel people on how to get to Canada. The first one suggested that I retake the IELTS exam and aim for bands 8 or 9 OR just learn French and write the test for French.

The second immigration lawyer said I should use the PNP to bridge any gap between my application and the cut off mark.

At this point I'm confused. I know I don't want to retake the IELTS or even study any French. I just want to go with the PNP as I have read about it a lot here but I need guidelines on how to go about it.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

Gracias
If you've been working as a Doctor, you might be eligible for health occupation-based draw. For reference, the last draw for that category had a crs cut-off of 422. Join the pool, Retake ielts. You can as well try learning French on the side because that one seems more frequent than the occupation draws but learning a new language takes lots of time

Different provinces have different requirements for pnp. If you're in the medical field, you might be able to tick the boxes for some provinces
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olabanji88(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26
waledora:
I also need one

email me olabanji88@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 8:48pm On Apr 26
demsy21:
Hello,
I'm new here. I have a youngie who would like to go to Canada. He's in Ivory Coast but he's planning on coming to Nigeria to start the process. He has a C.E.P.E (Equivalent to Nigerian School Certificate). He owns shops. He's into spare parts. So, obviously, he hopefully intends to do menial jobs as a non-skilled individual over there. I need your guidance. Thanks
If he can take the french exams and get nclc 7 across all bands, there's hope for pnp in certain provinces. (Ontario, for instance, has a french speakers stream for pnp). The French draws used to have cut off far below 400 but the last one had a cut off of 410. It may still come down..

He runs his own business so he should search and see what noc he can fit into. In the past, people have been able to claim work experience from their own business. Go through previous threads or search to see who it has worked for. Also, ensure he is able to meet the 67/100 eligibility for express entry with the diploma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by demsy21(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26
Lastbornbuns:

If he can take the french exams and get nclc 7 across all bands, there's hope for pnp in certain provinces. Ontario, for instance, has a french speakers stream for pnp (you must have a crs score of at least 400 to be considered for any stream). The French draws used to have cut off far below 400 but the last one had a cut off of 410. It may still come down..

He runs his own business so he should search and see what noc he can fit into. In the past, people have been able to claim work experience from their own business. Go through previous threads or search to see who it has worked for. Also, ensure he is able to meet the 67/100 eligibility for express entry with the diploma
Bro, I just PM'd you. I'll need your expertise. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 10:01pm On Apr 26
demsy21:

Bro, I just PM'd you. I'll need your expertise. Thanks in advance.
I don't have access to that mail box at the moment, use the one in my signature. However I don't really have much expertise so it's best you ask here to get more opinions

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dest4real(m): 10:49pm On Apr 26
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dest4real(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26
Your statement is misleading please!

Lastbornbuns:

If he can take the french exams and get nclc 7 across all bands, there's hope for pnp in certain provinces. Ontario, for instance, has a french speakers stream for pnp (you must have a crs score of at least 400 to be considered for any stream). The French draws used to have cut off far below 400 but the last one had a cut off of 410. It may still come down..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 12:14am On Apr 27
dest4real:

grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ayokunlemmy: 1:31am On Apr 27
@aworhmabel, Pls can we have a private chat?. I want to ask you some questions regarding transport based category
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ayokunlemmy: 1:35am On Apr 27
Pls can we have a private chat?. I want to ask you some questions regarding transport based category

aworhmabel:
Hi Guys

Please i av a question.

I was in Ukraine during the war, so i applied for something called Uk Ukraine Sponsorship Visa Scheme, but unfortunately my application was refused. (This is not a normal visa, it was even free and open to only people affected by the war in Ukraine)

To cut the story short, i applied for the normal visiting visa to Canada and was approved (but i did not indicate that i have been denied a visa before, which is the Uk Ukraine Sponsorship scheme). Now I'm processing an express entry application in Canada, do i need to indicate that i had a refusal before?.

Or should i ignore as i did for my tourist visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 3:43am On Apr 27
SemperFid:

Hello SemperFid. I understand your situation and trust me, I was in that same thing about 5months ago. However, I never relented. Your profession still falls under healthcare/medical hence you are at an advantage. Being a more matured guy in tech, I watched my CRS decline from 405 to 330 in a space of 2yrs.

Options:
1. French Exam : Take the TEF/TCF french exam. I had to register with AllianceFrancais to learn French for 6months. Taking the exams will make you qualify for the category based draws and French is highly sought after in Canada.
2. PNP : Some provinces want health workers so bad. In my case, they also needed tech professionals in New Brunswick, so i researched and attended couple of Info Sessions/webinars to know more about the province. In no time, I received a Notification of Interest then submitted an EOI. Got the Nomination, submitted and within 6days, got ITA with the next draw and a boosted CRS of 913.

For those with CRS of 450 and below, please don't loose hope, PNP and French exam to the rescue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aworhmabel: 4:15am On Apr 27
Ok
ayokunlemmy:
@aworhmabel, Pls can we have a private chat?. I want to ask you some questions regarding transport based category
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 11:17am On Apr 27
Lastbornbuns:

crs of atleast 400?๐Ÿ˜‘,
Onye kwuru nke ahu๐Ÿ™„
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 11:20am On Apr 27
overlord77:

Hello SemperFid. I understand your situation and trust me, I was in that same thing about 5months ago. However, I never relented. Your profession still falls under healthcare/medical hence you are at an advantage. Being a more matured guy in tech, I watched my CRS decline from 405 to 330 in a space of 2yrs.

Options:
1. French Exam : Take the TEF/TCF french exam. I had to register with AllianceFrancais to learn French for 6months. Taking the exams will make you qualify for the category based draws and French is highly sought after in Canada.
2. PNP : Some provinces want health workers so bad. In my case, they also needed tech professionals in New Brunswick, so i researched and attended couple of Info Sessions/webinars to know more about the province. In no time, I received a Notification of Interest then submitted an EOI. Got the Nomination, submitted and within 6days, got ITA with the next draw and a boosted CRS of 913.

For those with CRS of 450 and below, please don't loose hope, PNP and French exam to the rescue

I know when you got the nomination.

Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Harmony63: 12:26pm On Apr 27
overlord77:

Options:

Please how much did you pay for the French class in AllianceFrancaise ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27
Honeysweetest:
you can write it yourself if you can Google about procedural fairness letter, or you can get an expert on it.

Your pockets will determine.
Why don't you find out the fees first, something worth doing is worth doing well.
I had a PFL during my application also, it is about replying honestly and with all the evidence. It doesnโ€™t have a specific response format.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 3:40pm On Apr 27
Profgordons:
I had a PFL during my application also, it is about replying honestly and with all the evidence. It doesnโ€™t have a specific response format.
Oh, let her do it herself.
Hopefully,she will sail through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoreTech(m): 6:10pm On Apr 27
Hello house,

Pls i will like to ask if there is any hope of PNP for an hairstylist /hairdresser?

Also, has anyone gotten certificate of skill trade from any province in canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by doreesy4k(f): 7:19pm On Apr 27
**BaseRides - Your Goofy Transport Solution!**

๐Ÿš Need a ride that's as spacious as a bus? Look no further!

At BaseRides, we've got you covered with our mini-van that's perfect for 6 passengers and enough luggage space to fit up to 10 units of 23 kilograms. Say goodbye to the luggage Tetris!

Our services include:

๐Ÿ›ฌ Airport pick-up & drop-off*
๐Ÿ  Moving and relocation*
๐Ÿš— Inter-city transport within Ontario*

Allow us to worry about moving your family and property to your new house while you worry about the more important things in life, like whether pineapple belongs on pizza!

Call us now at +1548-577-4202 or email us at steelbaseresources@gmail.com to book your ride.

Join the fun on WhatsApp: [BaseRides WhatsApp Group](https:///HufFMbRQO7y1aUXzgNna4N)

Thank you for your anticipated patronage. ๐Ÿค Don't worry; we promise not to sing, unless you want us to! ๐ŸŽค
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 11:09am On Apr 28
Has anyone added spouse after confirmation of permanent residency received.
Please what was the timeline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 11:16am On Apr 28
Harmony63:

Please how much did you pay for the French class in AllianceFrancaise ?

when i registered, it was 35k I think, for online weekend class 3pm to 6pm intensive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 5:39pm On Apr 28
Honeysweetest:
crs of atleast 400?๐Ÿ˜‘,
Onye kwuru nke ahu๐Ÿ™„
Ndo. It's false info from a website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 5:40pm On Apr 28
dest4real:

Yeah, it's wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agidipie: 7:37pm On Apr 28
I need an advise, i am currently finishing my Msc in UK. I will be kicking off my pr process soon. I did ielts 3 years ago but didn't meet the cut-off. Now I am in the UK, someone advised me to take the French language test rather than English, because it would help the immigration process and also my career. I am about to register for my French language course and I don't want to waste money. I want to ask, how viable is it using French test? And also advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushy8: 4:50am On Apr 29
Greetings everyone,

I seek your guidance regarding my NOC and EE profiles.

As the primary applicant, my credentials are as follows:

- I hold an ECA for both an MBA and a Masters in Public Health.
- I have 15 years of experience in banking until 2022, followed by employment in healthcare since then.
- Currently, I am in the pool with banking experience, allowing me to claim the maximum points for the number of years.
- My IELTS scores are as follows: Listening 7.0, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.5.

Question 1: Should I switch my NOC to Healthcare despite having less than three years of experience in this field?

Regarding my partner's profile:

- They possess a degree in Computer Engineering without a master's degree.
- With over 10 years of experience until 2022, they transitioned to healthcare from that year onward.
IELTS scores: Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8.0, Writing - 7.0, and Speaking - 8.0.

Question 2: Can my partner become the primary applicant based on their age and higher points for language skills, even though they have less than three years work experience in healthcare?

Also considering Manitoba pnp as we have a sibling there. Also not sure whether to use banking or healthcare.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Haywhey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.