Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1064289 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 6:22pm On May 16, 2023
Enculer2:
Good Evening,

Quick question. Can a family of 5 survive with an income of 140K CAD in Oshawa? Wife does not work for now. Plan to land finally over summer after soft landing last year.

Thanks for your help.
if per annum, yes na. Oshawa is not like Toronto
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TwinHeart: 6:29pm On May 16, 2023
Good evening NLders! I’m the primary applicant and I want to use funds in my spouses account for POF. But he got some money from his brother and has a corresponding deed of gift. Hope this won’t pose a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 6:46pm On May 16, 2023
deyplay:
if per annum, yes na. Oshawa is not like Toronto

Yes PA. Thanks for the info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 7:16pm On May 16, 2023
leopardinatree:

Very big congrats. Please, i have a few questions, if you don't mind;
Did you fill the 10 page registration?
Do you have French proficiency?
Did you get any interest from an NB employer prior to receiving their LOI?
Is there anything in particular that you did that may have aided/resulted in them selecting you?
How long did it take since your application (if you applied) until selection?
What is your NOC code?

Thanks.

Firstly, I submitted an EOI sometime in Feb 2023 using this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://inb.gnb.ca/&ved=2ahUKEwjoyJ--t_r-AhXTNcAKHYTYClkQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw12G1agHnrK9xhyWub6ZMkL

Please note that you should have your IELTS and ECA ready prior. My profession NOC is 21232 - Software Developer
Hope this answers your questions. I remember attending an ICT info session too sometime in March 2021 cos they asked for it as well.
At the moment, NB has a recruitment event coming up in June, register and endeavour to attend as attendance is a plus. All the best everyone

Here is the link for the recruitment event for various sectors

https://gnb1.hiringplatform.ca/117629-2023-nb-virtual-recruitment/460193-pre-registration-form/en

Lest I forget, I don't have a French result.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onuwaje(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2023
Hello all,
Anyone who has updated information on Manitoba PNP,

I am asking for a newbie
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2023
ganie:

It is your transcript that needs to be evaluated
the issue is schools don't give transcript to students. So how will I upload it to them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 8:20pm On May 16, 2023
Savagethe21st:
the issue is schools don't give transcript to students. So how will I upload it to them

Pay for WES, you'd get a ref nos and a downloadable form. Fill and give same to your Alma mata, pay the fee and they will send it to WES directly. Go to www.wes.org
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sumam: 8:27pm On May 16, 2023
overlord77:

Pay for WES, you'd get a ref nos and a downloadable form. Fill and give same to your Alma mata, pay the fee and they will send it to WES directly. Go to www.wes.org

Pls which one is easier Wes or IQAS. I have student copy of my transcript. My ECA from IQAS will expire in four months and I was told they don’t renew , I have to do a fresh application.

Pls house help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aremso(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2023
ednut1:
uncle can be used for PNP like Manitoba or Saskatchewan if they reside there. For CRS points its only siblings

Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 8:52pm On May 16, 2023
Sumam:

Pls which one is easier Wes or IQAS. I have student copy of my transcript. My ECA from IQAS will expire in four months and I was told they don’t renew , I have to do a fresh application.

Pls house help

Use WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 16, 2023
With such income, you should be comfortable, even in Toronto region.
Some households don't even earn such amount. Also, I believe government will also provide child benefit if your income qualifies.
Speaking of Oshawa, the only difference in terms of cost between there and Toronto might be slightly the accomodation (depending on where you live in both cities. Some places in Oshawa might end up being more expensive than some places in Toronto region), every other thing is pretty much the same. I live a bit further away from Oshawa and i don't spend less living here in terms of groceries and the rest.
Enculer2:
Good Evening,

Quick question. Can a family of 5 survive with an income of 140K CAD in Oshawa? Wife does not work for now. Plan to land finally over summer after soft landing last year.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 10:35pm On May 16, 2023
Savagethe21st:
Your school sends it directly to Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 10:41pm On May 16, 2023
Enculer2:
Good Evening,

Thanks for your help.
Yes it’s more than enough. People are surviving there with less.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sumam: 4:29am On May 17, 2023
overlord77:

Use WES

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Benrichard(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2023
GraciousWords:

In the ADR letter IRCC usually indicate who the document is required for, for example:

Aisha Bimpe Chidinma,
schedule A (IMM5669), newly completed bearing an original signature, leave no gaps.

Meaning they need Aisha to fill the form with her info and sign.

As she is now above 18, I suspect the ADR is addressed to your daughter and she needs to complete these forms and sign off. Scan and upload in the placeholders and also send by webform just for good measure.....also suspect she may also need a PCC (adulting things, it's not easy to be 18!!!), but you could decide to wait till IRCC specifically ask for that...if they do.

I assume she turned 18 after your AOR, i.e. after you submitted you application.

Thanks a million, you really gracious in deeds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by leopardinatree: 9:20am On May 17, 2023
overlord77:

Firstly, I submitted an EOI sometime in Feb 2023 using this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://inb.gnb.ca/&ved=2ahUKEwjoyJ--t_r-AhXTNcAKHYTYClkQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw12G1agHnrK9xhyWub6ZMkL

Please note that you should have your IELTS and ECA ready prior. My profession NOC is 21232 - Software Developer
Hope this answers your questions. I remember attending an ICT info session too sometime in March 2021 cos they asked for it as well.
At the moment, NB has a recruitment event coming up in June, register and endeavour to attend as attendance is a plus. All the best everyone

Here is the link for the recruitment event for various sectors

https://gnb1.hiringplatform.ca/117629-2023-nb-virtual-recruitment/460193-pre-registration-form/en

Lest I forget, I don't have a French result.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I came across this during my research, I am wondering how does it relate to what you did?

To be eligible to apply to the New Brunswick Express Entry Stream, you must first meet one of the three connections below:

NB Employment Connection
NB Student Connection
NB Occupations in Demand Connection
Each connection has specific instructions on how to apply. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you do not, we may not receive your EOI.

Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the province through the INB Portal.

Each month, Immigration NB invites candidates by selecting from the pool of eligible EOIs and issuing ITAs to those selected.

Invitations – April 2023

If you receive an ITA, you have 45 days to submit a complete application. If your application is approved, you will be nominated by the province. You will have 30 days to accept the nomination in your Federal Express Entry account.

Submitting an application and meeting the eligibility requirements for the New Brunswick Express Entry Stream does NOT guarantee a nomination.

Important: GNB reserves the right to change criteria and/or pause streams. Check the NB immigration website regularly to stay up to date with all changes.

My concern is that I don't have a tech noc. and we all know tech is in demand, they even have tech specific recruitment events. That being the case, do I still have a chance? In short, can I submit an EOI without the three mentioned : employment connection, student connection or occupation in demand?

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 11:19am On May 17, 2023
leopardinatree:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I came across this during my research, I am wondering how does it relate to what you did?

To be eligible to apply to the New Brunswick Express Entry Stream, you must first meet one of the three connections below:

NB Employment Connection
NB Student Connection
NB Occupations in Demand Connection
Each connection has specific instructions on how to apply. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you do not, we may not receive your EOI.

Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the province through the INB Portal.

Each month, Immigration NB invites candidates by selecting from the pool of eligible EOIs and issuing ITAs to those selected.

Invitations – April 2023

If you receive an ITA, you have 45 days to submit a complete application. If your application is approved, you will be nominated by the province. You will have 30 days to accept the nomination in your Federal Express Entry account.

Submitting an application and meeting the eligibility requirements for the New Brunswick Express Entry Stream does NOT guarantee a nomination.

Important: GNB reserves the right to change criteria and/or pause streams. Check the NB immigration website regularly to stay up to date with all changes.

My concern is that I don't have a tech noc. and we all know tech is in demand, they even have tech specific recruitment events. That being the case, do I still have a chance? In short, can I submit an EOI without the three mentioned : employment connection, student connection or occupation in demand?

Thanks again.

Yes you can submit an EOI. Infact the upcoming recruitment event is for all sectors and not just Tech. That's why I advised on attending that webinar. You should be concerned with the Occupation in Demand as the other two are not applicable to us outside Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheUnsure: 4:06pm On May 17, 2023
What do I pick here please? I don't want to make a mistake.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 8:33pm On May 17, 2023
OgechiBae:
With such income, you should be comfortable, even in Toronto region.
Some households don't even earn such amount. Also, I believe government will also provide child benefit if your income qualifies.
Speaking of Oshawa, the only difference in terms of cost between there and Toronto might be slightly the accomodation (depending on where you live in both cities. Some places in Oshawa might end up being more expensive than some places in Toronto region), every other thing is pretty much the same. I live a bit further away from Oshawa and i don't spend less living here in terms of groceries and the rest.

Thanks for your feedback.

So I am a bit concerned with the living expense - accommodation especially and 5 mouths to feed. I understand that the Durham region has got some expensive areas but hoping to consider places like Ajax, Whitby, etc.

I installed the HouseSigma App. excellent app I must say; it gives info on houses to buy or rent and even gives ranking based on factors like school ratings etc.

Have you tried the HouseSigma software before, Your thoughts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 8:33pm On May 17, 2023
littyprincess:

Yes it’s more than enough. People are surviving there with less.

In Oshawa area?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CokeBar(f): 9:21pm On May 17, 2023
Enculer2:

In Oshawa area?

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 12:06am On May 18, 2023
No, havent heard of the software before.
Whitby is a better city than Oshawa and with great schools .
I will choose Whitby over Ajax and Oshawa.
Enculer2:

Thanks for your feedback.

So I am a bit concerned with the living expense - accommodation especially and 5 mouths to feed. I understand that the Durham region has got some expensive areas but hoping to consider places like Ajax, Whitby, etc.

I installed the HouseSigma App. excellent app I must say; it gives info on houses to buy or rent and even gives ranking based on factors like school ratings etc.

Have you tried the HouseSigma software before, Your thoughts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enusi: 7:27am On May 18, 2023
Hi everyone
Please I am new here, is there a WhatsApp or telegram group for people that received ITA April 2023?
I will be glad if I can be added
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 10:44am On May 18, 2023
overlord77:

There are other provinces you can submit EOI for besides these 3 you mentioned. For instance, NB has a recruitment session coming up in June, go register. I just got their PNP LOI on my EE profile about 5days ago.
congratulations on your LO1, I discovered that you cannot submit an EOI till you attend their information session or if you have connections to NB. Is this the steps you followed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ultrazone(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2023
overlord77:

There are other provinces you can submit EOI for besides these 3 you mentioned. For instance, NB has a recruitment session coming up in June, go register. I just got their PNP LOI on my EE profile about 5days ago.
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jayF19: 11:45am On May 18, 2023
Please is there anyone here who submitted their ITA application in September 2022. Have they received PPR? Thanks. Just want to know how long I may be waiting. 6 months or more..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JUANITAs30: 11:58am On May 18, 2023
jayF19:
Please is there anyone here who submitted their ITA application in September 2022. Have they received PPR? Thanks. Just want to know how long I may be waiting. 6 months or more..

Hi JayF19,

What is your AOR date if you don’t mind me asking? And have you tried calling IRCC to check on the status of your application/raising a webform?

Alternatively you can create your application status tracker using this link: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/

Hope it helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ExcellencyFSA: 12:12pm On May 18, 2023
Submitted ITA application in February, 2023.
Got PPR and submitted passport in April, 2023.
Status updated to application approved on IRCC website yesterday.
You may need to contact IRCC.
jayF19:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Confi100: 3:40pm On May 18, 2023
goodafternoon, pls is there an alumni of university of calabar? I really like to know how exams and records send thier documents to WES, is it through email or courier, pls this will help me ascertain iF am been overcharged. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 5:29pm On May 18, 2023
ultrazone:

Congratulations. If applicable, was your spouse's resume/employment history requested at any point before the LOI?

No sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 5:31pm On May 18, 2023
jasperonyx:
congratulations on your LO1, I discovered that you cannot submit an EOI till you attend their information session or if you have connections to NB. Is this the steps you followed?

Exactly, that was why I mentioned it in my earlier response and also pasted a link to the next recruitment event coming up. Attendance to NB info sessions and recruitment events are key.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2023
jayF19:

Most of the people I know that submitted even in October, got PPRs in January and February. You may want to order GCMS notes to see if there are any anomalies in your application.

Going by the current timeline trends, yours is aready taking too long.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.