Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1063969 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dolzz: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hi folks. I’m in shock. My brother’s PR application was approved in one and a half months. God is good. He applied May 20. Received ready for visa email on July 5.

Now to submit passport, he was told that the earliest date he can get in Lagos is July 31. Are there any other options he can explore? I’ve read through the FAQ on page 1 but couldn’t find the necessary information. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mackie1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dolzz:
Hi folks. I’m in shock. My brother’s PR application was approved in one and a half months. God is good. He applied May 20. Received ready for visa email on July 5.

Now to submit passport, he was told that the earliest date he can get in Lagos is July 31. Are there any other options he can explore? I’ve read through the FAQ on page 1 but couldn’t find the necessary information. Thanks!
Congrats! he should submit his passport and other accompanying documents through DHL or UPS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dolzz:

What does the bold mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyinyechika08: 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good day all, please I chose 30k cad as POF for a family of 5 before I got ITA. Considering the high rate of dollar, I am thinking of reducing it to 28,500 before submitting my application. I don't know if this is going to be a problem. Secondly, can money market be used as POF?Planning to use money market instead of fixed deposit cos the interest rate is higher.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=421&top=16# . This is from their website, if you don't have who to invite you. Apply like that, shebi it’s tourism you want to do. You must not know someone there
And on the visit visa to work visa conversion, one must have a job offer which is difficult esp if you are from Africa. No company, only ....and .... Indians and Chinese go give their people first o. One guy I know is here now, no SIN no work, no conversion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
onyinyechika08:
Good day all, please I chose 30k cad as POF for a family of 5 before I got ITA. Considering the high rate of dollar, I am thinking of reducing it to 28,500 before submitting my application. I don't know if this is going to be a problem. Secondly, can money market be used as POF?Planning to use money market instead of fixed deposit cos the interest rate is higher.
You must not have what you quoted initially. However, make sure you cover what govt wants as minimum for your family size. In reality though, have tons of money when coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dolzz: 3:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Mackie1:
Congrats! he should submit his passport and other accompanying documents through DHL or UPS.

Thanks! Should he submit to Lagos VFS or Accra or Nairobi? I heard Lagos VFS takes 6-8 weeks to send back the stamped passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by graciielo: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Yes i am experiencing same. I have cleared my cache and updated my browsers still same.
dabyem:
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to sign into my account but it's showing incorrect username or password.

Please is anyone experiencing same issue and how can it be resolved
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kachukwu04: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good day all, please I got my ITA in September and submitted October 16th, it was last updated may 18th when they started the background check,

I just feel it's taking too much time, please what should I do, send a mail or what.
It's a family of 4 ( myself and my 3kids)?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
Acquiredollars:
Good evening Seniors,

Can someone answer these for me please?

1. I invested 17 million with an asset management company. I invested the money
two months ago. Now, I'm requesting the company to issue me an investment certificate, will that do as a Proof of Funds?

2. Do I need to show the Visa officer my bank Statement from which I initiated the transfer to the asset management company two months ago. Is this of necessity please?

Thanks.

Anybody can help answer this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mackie1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dolzz:

Thanks! Should he submit to Lagos VFS or Accra or Nairobi? I heard Lagos VFS takes 6-8 weeks to send back the stamped passport.
it's up to him to decide. I'll advice you use Lagos though. He can pick up in person without having to pay high courier return services. Accra can take 3 to 6 weeks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dolzz:

I’ll suggest you follow the instructions and submit via VFS. Planning a move to another country ( Canada inclusive ) requires preparation and before you know it the 6-8 weeks will come . During my time I sent my passport directly to accra but after receiving it 3 weeks later it still took me about 2 months to get a job after which I moved to Canada. Despite all my preparation, POF cash and bi-weekly salary that I began to receive from my day 11 things were still hard. Couldn’t find a place to rent in the Toronto area because I had no rental history in Canada with no credit history as well. Real estate coys and landlords were more comfortable with applicants who had a high credit score and a history of working and renting in Canada. Friends saw it as an opportunity to get out of the money I came with lol .
I’m not saying your experience will be same with mine but please plan the transition well enough

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyinyechika08: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
aestake:

You must not have what you quoted initially. However, make sure you cover what govt wants as minimum for your family size. In reality though, have tons of money when coming

Ok, I should just go ahead and submit pof to the tune of 28,500 without editing the quoted figure?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
onyinyechika08:

Ok, I should just go ahead and submit pof to the tune of 28,500 without editing the quoted figure?
Put the exact amount for your family size or higher. Above-all, don't follow govt figures when coming. Come with lots of dough if you can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dabyem: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
oh okay.. we'll have to keep trying then.

graciielo:
Yes i am experiencing same. I have cleared my cache and updated my browsers still same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Savagethe21st:
Canada Fam, I am extremely sad. Despite preparing all night while working two jobs, I was given 6.5 in speaking. I might agree with the writing because I didn't complete on time, but I spoke really well just to see 6.5. Now my crs score is low.

Remark
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
cletz991:
How can one buy from piggyvest?

Create an account. Piggyvest.com.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cletz991(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
I have already. After I have bought it how can I withdraw it to my dorm account
Gyyv:

Create an account. Piggyvest.com.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
silvamania:

This is actually the best way to show proof of funds .it’s easier cause they can easily verify it on the bank’s platform

However, if the information is yours , please try to edit your name and other details . It’s a public forum after all.

Thanks for the feedback. The image isn't mine, I got it from the public domain.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
cletz991:
I have already. After I have bought it how can I withdraw it to my dorm account

Click withdraw to bank and enter your dorm details. Takes 48 hours. You can also only withdraw 10k per time.

And only buy $5k every 10 hours.

If I bought on Piggyvest I would use them for POF and transfer to my dorm when I want to travel.

I bought just 5k there, and had to withdraw to my dorm.

Edit: There is a $20 transfer fee for each transfer to Nigerian Dorm. That's cheaper than most NG banks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushup: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
Gyyv:

Click withdraw to bank and enter your dorm details. Takes 48 hours. You can also only withdraw 10k per time.

If I bought on Piggyvest I would use them for POF and transfer to my dorm when I want to travel.

Can you please let me know how you applied through IE window?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
pushup:

Can you please let me know how you applied through IE window?

Talk to your Dorm bank account officer. For now, they are the only ones allowed to operate on the platform.

Basically, you will keep naira in the naira account your dorm is linked to (Primary account). Then submit a letter authorizing the bank to purchase dollars for you on the IE Window. You'll state how much dollars you want and the rate. The Banker will input it for you on the platform. If there is a willing seller at that rate for that day, your trade will go through. Otherwise, you'll send another letter the next day. I used WhatsApp to send the letter daily.

Couldn't get it. So I switched to Aboki. Feel free to try your luck. I didn't want to keep waiting and jeopardize my application on top small money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushup: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cletz991(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thanks for this
Gyyv:

Edit: There is a $20 transfer fee for each transfer to Nigerian Dorm. That's cheaper than most NG banks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chaose: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
topiiiiiiii:
Hello my people please will MBA be considered as masters from wes because I am about to do that now thanks
Yes, it will be considered as masters. I verified my MBA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 123e: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dolzz:

Congratulations to you and your brother. Please did he update his POF and send a webform to IRCC at any time after he submitted his application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushup: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pushup: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thanks a lot

Gyyv:

Talk to your Dorm bank account officer. For now, they are the only ones allowed to operate on the platform.

Basically, you will keep naira in the naira account your dorm is linked to (Primary account). Then submit a letter authorizing the bank to purchase dollars for you on the IE Window. You'll state how much dollars you want and the rate. The Banker will input it for you on the platform. If there is a willing seller at that rate for that day, your trade will go through. Otherwise, you'll send another letter the next day. I used WhatsApp to send the letter daily.

Couldn't get it. So I switched to Aboki. Feel free to try your luck. I didn't want to keep waiting and jeopardize my application on top small money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
Chaose:

Yes, it will be considered as masters. I verified my MBA.
many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iykip(m): 4:26am On Jul 10, 2023
Dolzz:

Congrats to him. Please how did he do it? How many years of work experience does he have? How old is he?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by akinsolaoyelola: 6:01am On Jul 10, 2023
I stay in Scotland, do I need police certificate from ACRO or Scotland?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 7:45am On Jul 10, 2023
akinsolaoyelola:
I stay in Scotland, do I need police certificate from ACRO or Scotland?
ACRO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.