Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,549 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044955 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by elenengine(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2023
Hi all, please how do I start or secure Canada skill work Visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tolaaa: 4:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Thank you.

I couldn't create a profile to use for the application because I couldn't link my BVN or NIN. NIN was saying not valid and BVN, the contact details there were old. Tried to update it with the bank but they still haven't done it.

But I've sorted it out now.

Thank you

Daddybomboy:

What issue are you facing? The process is straightforward. Application takes less than 10 minutes and biometrics can be done on the 3rd day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
My heart goes out to everyone currently in this journey. It’s so difficult now. During my time 3/4 yrs ago. POF was 3.5M for one person. At that time, it was difficult as well but now, the difficulty is now 100% more. I don’t even know the advice to give people now.

Please look at every option well and act accordingly. It will end well by the Grace of GOD.

tshtsh:

Yep the dynamics have changed. The process has also become very expensive. WES fee, IELTS fee, Funds in the bank, visa fee , ticket fees and cost of settling into Canada. Then for those going to study in Canada with the sole aim of transiting to permanent residency kindly make your plans before embarking on it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
cry cry did medicals today, xray ok and urine Awaiting bloodwork however BP was high the 3 times they checked. Had a really stressful day before the medicals. I dey fear o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wo2lav(f): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
Please who has a link to any post ITA group? Kindly share with me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Emmaus12:
cry cry did medicals today, xray ok and urine Awaiting bloodwork however BP was high the 3 times they checked. Had a really stressful day before the medicals. I dey fear o
you can’t fail medical because of hbp. Many Nigerians have it. With all the stress in Lagos and the salt we add in our food. Its now a normal illness for Nigerians . The illness must cost Canada over 25k a year for you to fail it. Diseases like terminal illnesses mostly

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
Emmaus12:

My BP was so high, I was so shocked and jokingly outrightly rejected it during my med exam, Lol. The lady saw my fear and assured me its doesn't matter and won't affect my ultimate result. She was correct.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Thank you. Men the trip abuja was wahala, flight was cancelled went by road to Owerri to fly, got in late, slept late, left early morning to the hospital

ednut1:
you can’t fail medical because of hbp. Many Nigerians have it. With all the stress in Lagos and the salt we add in our food. Its now a normal illness for Nigerians . The illness must cost Canada over 25k a year for you to fail it. Diseases like terminal illnesses mostly

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by crazyinlove: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hi everyone, please anyone with link for those that wants to move to Canada as truck drivers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
crazyinlove:
Hi everyone, please anyone with link for those that wants to move to Canada as truck drivers
Not that I’ve heard but I can be so sure it will be hard to consider Nigerians for this kind of job
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adedolapo2021: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Please has anyone collected their stamped passport (with PR Counterfoil) from VFS-Abuja recently?

I submitted almost 8 weeks ago. Counterfoil was done 3 weeks ago (IRCC updated me), yet I've not heard from VFS-Abuja.

Has anyone else collected theirs recently please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
bekayy:
In the near future, congratulations will be in order.

Amen o , thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
bekayy:
My heart goes out to everyone currently in this journey. It’s so difficult now. During my time 3/4 yrs ago. POF was 3.5M for one person. At that time, it was difficult as well but now, the difficulty is now 100% more. I don’t even know the advice to give people now.

Please look at every option well and act accordingly. It will end well by the Grace of GOD.

Yep. There is also the emotional side to it hence I'm usually on the fence when I get approached by people. I received ITA in nov 2020 and had the equivalent of CAD18,000 to provision for fluctuation in exchange rate and cutoff was 478 as at then.
Today its a lot different (a lot more money and higher scores). One may come across as trying to discourage others when it indeed worked out for me. Hence I encourage everyone that asks me to try express entry/PNP. Before I came to Canada the impression I had was that transition from study to PR was easy and smooth. But after meeting some students here the story is different.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
tshtsh:

Yep. There is also the emotional side to it hence I'm usually on the fence when I get approached by people. I received ITA in nov 2020 and had the equivalent of CAD18,000 to provision for fluctuation in exchange rate and cutoff was 478 as at then.
Today its a lot different (a lot more money and higher scores). One may come across as trying to discourage others when it indeed worked out for me. Hence I encourage everyone that asks me to try express entry/PNP. Before I came to Canada the impression I had was that transition from study to PR was easy and smooth. But after meeting some students here the story is different.
Something I’ll like to say is that regardless of the sum involved, you will continue to see growing numbers of people getting involved. The stratification might change but numbers will still go up.

There were many who thought they couldn’t afford it at one time but by starting, they eventually could make it. Talking about those unable to get PR after studies, I would say it is entirely their fault, it is not just to start studying, but what and where are the most cardinal questions.

I advised a 44 year old banker that wants to attain PR through study route to consider IT or health or Learn French, she said her head is full. How then do you want to make it? Also there were many people in Canada who during the pandemic when scores dropped to impossible level that still didn’t make it because they were simply not in the pool.

There are many people in Canada waiting for one route or the other that will grant them PR without writing IELTS. Just find out about many of those people, they are not doing something right.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
crazyinlove:
no one in Canada will hire a Nigerian as truck drivers only South African truck drivers and some few african countries meet their standards . You will have to find another way to enter Canada first by either study or PR if you want to enter truck driving there. The Indians in Canada own many of the logistics companies in Canada and they will only hire their own people that are already in Canada or bring people from india.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
ednut1:

That's not entirely true. While most times you don't get rejected because of high blood pressure, there is a chance it could be a cause of denial if there's a more serious underlying condition for which HBP is only a symptom. In cases like this, the person is often referred to a cardiologist for further checks. There are cases of people who have failed their medical tests because they recorded these kinds of HBP cases. Even particularly important is that your medical condition should not put unnecessary pressure of the country's health system. If it is determined that a person's case of HBP could put pressure on the country's medical system, then the person will ultimately fail medical.

Anyone can read more on the post I made on medical inadmissibility.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
Adedolapo2021:
Please has anyone collected their stamped passport (with PR Counterfoil) from VFS-Abuja recently?

I submitted almost 8 weeks ago. Counterfoil was done 3 weeks ago (IRCC updated me), yet I've not heard from VFS-Abuja.

Has anyone else collected theirs recently please?

Why not reach out to vfs Abuja. I am only 10days into submission. I am not even sure when I’d get my passport back because no communication from VFS Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
littyprincess:

True. But I didn’t say it was going to last forever. I only said it will last a long time. I still maintain my stance. French speakers will continue to have some sort of advantage for a long time to come. Might not be draws, but the advantage will always be there.
One of the people who liked your post here!

Entirely correct, I'd say. French speakers will continue to have some sort of advantage in both the short and long term. Perhaps, even stronger advantages in the short term, especially as Canada continues to prioritize French. Already, if you speak French well, you stand a better chance of getting employed by the government, and there are cases of those who have been outright told to go learn French in order to climb the government ladder. So, this certainly isn't going anywhere. Even I was offered a government job because I speak French. I turned it down though.

Without doubt, it will continue to be important in the draws. And since many aren't even paying that much attention (especially with the draw score at a ridiculous 375!), we are likely going to see French draws scores go even lower. This is the time to take advantage of it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adedolapo2021: 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
Qwertyuser:

Why not reach out to vfs Abuja. I am only 10days into submission. I am not even sure when I’d get my passport back because no communication from VFS Abuja

I reached out to them via their chat function. They were very short with me, like I was disturbing them. All they keep saying is "you'll be notified when it's ready" and "your passport is still at the embassy". In other words, that I shouldn't disturb them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
Emmaus12:
Thank you. Men the trip abuja was wahala, flight was cancelled went by road to Owerri to fly, got in late, slept late, left early morning to the hospital

If you can put that direct cause to your increased heart rate, then likely it is not an unusual situation and won't affect your results. But then again, it should be a pointer to you to start doing certain things better. Having slept and relaxed following your trip, your heart rate shouldn't be that high, except you were nervous during your test. Just saying...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
cochtrane:

That's not entirely true. While most times you don't get rejected because of high blood pressure, there is a chance it could be a cause of denial if there's a [b]more serious underlying condition [/b]for which HBP is only a symptom. In cases like this, the person is often referred to a cardiologist for further checks. There are cases of people who have failed their medical tests because they recorded these kinds of HBP cases. Even particularly important is that your medical condition should not put unnecessary pressure of the country's health system. If it is determined that a person's case of HBP could put pressure on the country's medical system, then the person will ultimately fail medical.

cheesy other underlying conditions is different from what i said o . I know someone who discovered she had HBP from the medicals. We got ppr around the same time. If its normal hbp the person won’t fail, but if its a symptom of something else then they person may fail it o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Profgordons:
Something I’ll like to say is that regardless of the sum involved, you will continue to see growing numbers of people getting involved. The stratification might change but numbers will still go up.

There were many who thought they couldn’t afford it at one time but by starting, they eventually could make it. Talking about those unable to get PR after studies, I would say it is entirely their fault, it is not just to start studying, but what and where are the most cardinal questions.

I advised a 44 year old banker that wants to attain PR through study route to consider IT or health or Learn French, she said her head is full. How then do you want to make it? Also there were many people in Canada who during the pandemic when scores dropped to impossible level that still didn’t make it because they were simply not in the pool.

There are many people in Canada waiting for one route or the other that will grant them PR without writing IELTS. Just find out about many of those people, they are not doing something right.
Lol the things I’ve seen in the last one year surprised me. I visited Nigeria recently and met a man who told me his daughter studied software engineering in Canada (I studied computer science ) and she has been unable to land a job since graduating over a year ago. He was surprised that I got a software engineering job in Canada before moving to Canada . He linked me up to his daughter who I met on return to Canada. She spent 5 years schooling in Canada but no co-op, no internship , no side project , no volunteering. Just a software engineering degree. I encouraged her to start a side project which she can use to boost her profile and also try out interning before the main job lands. I have another cousin that spends all his leisure time sleeping / watching series. His mum has been on my neck to help the son find a job to reduce the burden on her. The guy is simply not interested. He doesn’t even have a SIN yet he has been studying in Canada since 2019 lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
I did mention it to the doctor, to be fair I knw i am hyper and I am on meds, which i mentioned too, i also forgot them in PHC due to the whole stress of how we travelled.

cochtrane:

If you can put that direct cause to your increased heart rate, then likely it is not an unusual situation and won't affect your results. But then again, it should be a pointer to you to start doing certain things better. Having slept and relaxed following your trip, your heart rate shouldn't be that high, except you were nervous during your test. Just saying...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Adedolapo2021:

I reached out to them via their chat function. They were very short with me, like I was disturbing them. All they keep saying is "you'll be notified when it's ready" and "your passport is still at the embassy". In other words, that I shouldn't disturb them.

I noticed that about them too. Seems Abuja vfs is proud
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
elenengine:
Hi all, please how do I start or secure Canada skill work Visa?
Here is a summary of the organogram

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
cochtrane:

I can't find my immunuzation card as a child, can't that be an issue for me during screening?
If yes, how do I go about it?
If one is in meds, is one suppose to go along with it?
Good evening
Cc: Emmaus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
u dont need ur immunization cards expect your covid vaccine cards, even ur kids dont need to shw their cards.

for meds just be upfront, cos your blood work, urine or xray go show anything, i clearly stated i was on meds but i hadnt take them in 2 days cos i forgot them and i was stressed with my hellish trip to get to abuja

okikiosibodu:

I can't find my immunuzation card as a child, can't that be an issue for me during screening?
If yes, how do I go about it?
If one is in meds, is one suppose to go along with it?
Good evening
Cc: Emmaus

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
okikiosibodu:

Here is a summary of the organogram

The first thing on that list should be creating a profile. I tell people all the time. The very first thing you want to do is create a profile and then go ahead with other stuff. Then as you obtain them, you update your profile. I don't think I need to go into the details of why this is the best approach: tie-breaking rule, random nominations for PNP, category-based selections, etc. This particular statement from IRCC is noteworthy: "If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class, an ECA is optional, but it may help you earn more points for the education component on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and improve your chances of being invited to apply."
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
Emmaus12:
I did mention it to the doctor, to be fair I knw i am hyper and I am on meds, which i mentioned too, i also forgot them in PHC due to the whole stress of how we travelled.

If it's an isolated case of HBP, I don't think it'll affect your chances. The way I have perceived your description, I don't think it should affect your chances. Read this post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2023
cochtrane:

That's not entirely true. While most times you don't get rejected because of high blood pressure, there is a chance it could be a cause of denial if there's a more serious underlying condition for which HBP is only a symptom. In cases like this, the person is often referred to a cardiologist for further checks. There are cases of people who have failed their medical tests because they recorded these kinds of HBP cases. Even particularly important is that your medical condition should not put unnecessary pressure of the country's health system. If it is determined that a person's case of HBP could put pressure on the country's medical system, then the person will ultimately fail medical.

The cost threshold was tripled in 2021 thus I don't see HBP being an issue. It is a common condition globally
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 4:51am On Jul 14, 2023
littyprincess:

True. But I didn’t say it was going to last forever. I only said it will last a long time. I still maintain my stance. French speakers will continue to have some sort of advantage for a long time to come. Might not be draws, but the advantage will always be there.
Learning might not be easy but it will definitely lead to ITA if one can get the B2+.

The French route gave me a CRS score of 511 and also made me get my first job here in Canada

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dvdami(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2023
olalekan9320:
Learning might not be easy but it will definitely lead to ITA if one can get the B2+.

The French route gave me a CRS score of 511 and also made me get my first job here in Canada

How long did it take you to learn French?

Did you have a knowledge of French before preparing for Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: shadow12345

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.