Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1054498 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenykech: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading.
I hope Canada favors you.

Few questions; did you book your flight before you got your copr, I mean after PPR? Or you waited till your passport was stamped?

Also, how long did it take for VFS to return your passport after submitting?
Mackie1:
Landing Gist!
Started my whole journey 2021. In 2022 I was denied student visa, Feb 2023 my new student Visa got Approved & in May 2023 PR.

It's been a while I saw one here, so I felt to share mine.
Left Lagos on Friday. Travelled with Lufthansa Airlines.
I got to the airport by 9.30pm when my flight was for 12.40am I felt I had time only for me to be told checking is closed! shocked if not for the fact my mum was with me 'you know African mothers' I'd definitely not be checked in as they weren't gonna listen to nothing.
I had 2 baggage 25kg,24kg , an additional one I paid for 25kg. A carry on bag 8kg, a school bag 4kg all checked and tagged.
Our flight was then delayed extra due to whatever excuse they gave but we later took off almost 2am.

The flight to Frankfurt was smooth, our pilot didn't eat clouds unlike Nigerian local flights grin
They served us meal everyone around me went for 'chicken' I went for 'pasta' only to realise they got jollof rice shocked while I was given some white stuff with red oil looking stuff. Apparently it was vegetarian pasta. I don't even want to remember the food sef.

Frankfurt airport is huge!!! Very neat & orderly. The washrooms are very clean. I saw so many whites on at my connecting flight I felt like i was the only other black person until I saw a Nigerian family.
My flight left on time this time and we landed in Vancouver 24hrs after my first flight took off.

I went ahead to the self declaration portal like everyone else. I was just following what people were doing lol. After that I got my receipt and was directed to immigrations.
We all stood on a line. All new immigrants. When we got to the door the students were asked due introduction letter while I was asked for my COPR.

It was all fairly easy. No long talk, super nice people. They asked basic questions, a lady put me thru the things I'll do next, gave me leaflets & She collected my address for the PR card. I was directed to the border security. He collected my COPR, asked basic questions, asked me to sign and gave me a copy of the COPR. He was super helpful and nice.
Finally I picked up my luggage and headed for the exit of the airport. As I reached outside cold wipe me cheesy. 22° and I'm thinking it's cold lmao.. Can't wait for the winter.
My sibling picked me up and we went back to her place...

Beautiful buildings and roads everywhere, no littering, no loitering, fine people everywhere you turn to.
The Journey has been long, but I thank God I arrived here at long last smiley

Everyone's opinion & view differs.. But I'm enjoying Canada much more than I thought I would.

If you're in BC. Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Burnaby area definitely reach out won't be bad making new friends. Also if you have eligible single ladies grin send them my way too.

Pic 1. My food
Pic 2. Trip
Pic 3. Ride in my town
Pic 4. 9pm at night, 5am in the morning. Usually like this lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luchiee: 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Thank you so much.

phabulous88:

1. Not an issue. Your skilled work experience should however be within the last 10 years.

2. Depends. PCC required only for dependents 18 years and above.

3. If you are the PA, do not include his work experience in your EE profile. Add it to his Personal History after you receive ITA. If you want to use the funds in your husband’s account as POF, he will need to provide a consent letter giving you full access to utilize the funds in his account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenykech: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
I just remembered another question, did they ask for your bank statement at the airport or something to show your proof of funds?
Mackie1:
Landing Gist!
Started my whole journey 2021. In 2022 I was denied student visa, Feb 2023 my new student Visa got Approved & in May 2023 PR.

It's been a while I saw one here, so I felt to share mine.
Left Lagos on Friday. Travelled with Lufthansa Airlines.
I got to the airport by 9.30pm when my flight was for 12.40am I felt I had time only for me to be told checking is closed! shocked if not for the fact my mum was with me 'you know African mothers' I'd definitely not be checked in as they weren't gonna listen to nothing.
I had 2 baggage 25kg,24kg , an additional one I paid for 25kg. A carry on bag 8kg, a school bag 4kg all checked and tagged.
Our flight was then delayed extra due to whatever excuse they gave but we later took off almost 2am.

The flight to Frankfurt was smooth, our pilot didn't eat clouds unlike Nigerian local flights grin
They served us meal everyone around me went for 'chicken' I went for 'pasta' only to realise they got jollof rice shocked while I was given some white stuff with red oil looking stuff. Apparently it was vegetarian pasta. I don't even want to remember the food sef.

Frankfurt airport is huge!!! Very neat & orderly. The washrooms are very clean. I saw so many whites on at my connecting flight I felt like i was the only other black person until I saw a Nigerian family.
My flight left on time this time and we landed in Vancouver 24hrs after my first flight took off.

I went ahead to the self declaration portal like everyone else. I was just following what people were doing lol. After that I got my receipt and was directed to immigrations.
We all stood on a line. All new immigrants. When we got to the door the students were asked due introduction letter while I was asked for my COPR.

It was all fairly easy. No long talk, super nice people. They asked basic questions, a lady put me thru the things I'll do next, gave me leaflets & She collected my address for the PR card. I was directed to the border security. He collected my COPR, asked basic questions, asked me to sign and gave me a copy of the COPR. He was super helpful and nice.
Finally I picked up my luggage and headed for the exit of the airport. As I reached outside cold wipe me cheesy. 22° and I'm thinking it's cold lmao.. Can't wait for the winter.
My sibling picked me up and we went back to her place...

Beautiful buildings and roads everywhere, no littering, no loitering, fine people everywhere you turn to.
The Journey has been long, but I thank God I arrived here at long last smiley

Everyone's opinion & view differs.. But I'm enjoying Canada much more than I thought I would.

If you're in BC. Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Burnaby area definitely reach out won't be bad making new friends. Also if you have eligible single ladies grin send them my way too.

Pic 1. My food
Pic 2. Trip
Pic 3. Ride in my town
Pic 4. 9pm at night, 5am in the morning. Usually like this lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olig(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Good afternoon,

I hope I can get help on Poloce Clearance Certificate (PCC) here.

Are there differences in the PCC that will be issued if chosen "Traveling" or "Residency" as the reason for inquiry on the POSSAP online application portal?
Will the one for Traveling different from the one for Residency?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mackie1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Odegaard:
Haha. Best of luck.

Any chance you submitted your passport at VFS Lagos? If so how long did it take to get back to you and where was it stamped

Yes I submitted at Lagos.
It took 5weeks to get back to Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mackie1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jenykech:
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading.
I hope Canada favors you.

Few questions; did you book your flight before you got your copr, I mean after PPR? Or you waited till your passport was stamped?

Also, how long did it take for VFS to return your passport after submitting?
Thanks... I'm glad you did.
Amen!
I booked my flight after my study visa was approved, yes that was before COPr and even before ITA

A total of 4 weeks I believe for the passport to return to Lagos and two weeks to get it to my location using their "in house courier "
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mackie1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jenykech:
I just remembered another question, did they ask for your bank statement at the airport or something to show your proof of funds?
No.. None of that.
No request for POF. I'd even used 40pct of it or so.
So I'm glad they didn't even ask 😂
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Odegaard: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Alright. Thank you

Mackie1:

Yes I submitted at Lagos.
It took 5weeks to get back to Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kembo: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello everyone, Has anyone collected a police clearance certificate here? How did you go about it? I have registered online and and even paid but I haven't gotten any feed back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by D9065ele: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
Please i need help.

I received the passport request letter on aug 7th, i have 30days to send my documents (which is 5th of September).
However, i am getting married on 8th of sept.

I have sent webforms to IRCC but i still haven’t received any response.

What can i do?
1. Should i send my travel documents to IRCC?
2. Should i wait till they respond to my webform?

I am really confused. Please help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
D9065ele:
Please i need help.

I received the passport request letter on aug 7th, i have 30days to send my documents (which is 5th of September).

What can i do?

Go ahead and send the passport.

They will cancel your COPR and reissue another when you add your spouse, so far you've not landed in Canada.

Also, you can only notify them successfully after you've actually wedded, not before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenykech: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Lol thank you. I got Passport request on Monday and I’ve gone to go and touch POF almost immediately. So I don dey fear 🙊
Mackie1:

No.. None of that.
No request for POF. I'd even used 40pct of it or so.
So I'm glad they didn't even ask 😂
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blackfm: 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2023
D9065ele:
Please i need help.

What can i do?

2 options,
1. Send your passport and send webform to add your spouse immediately after the wedding. Current COPR will be cancelled and application reopened. Note that shipping fee will be wasted.

2. If in Lagos, you can get your court wedding done before the 30 days expire and raise webform to notify IRCC of the change in status and add spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by XtinahOo: 1:34am On Aug 24, 2023
Hi guys,

Good morning.

Please of I update my EE profile, how long does it take for the change to take effect? I mean for me to see the reflection on my CRS score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luchiee: 3:21am On Aug 24, 2023
I’d advise you to send to VFS Kenya … my sisters own took less than a week to return. Also, it’s not always the same for everyone, you might be asked for POF at the airport… my sister said the lady right in front of her wasn’t asked, but she was asked for POF. so just prepare yourself because you might not be so lucky.. It’s actually a requirement but some people escape it at the airport.

Jenykech:
Lol thank you. I got Passport request on Monday and I’ve gone to go and touch POF almost immediately. So I don dey fear 🙊

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 5:32am On Aug 24, 2023
Luchiee:
I’d advise you to send to VFS Kenya … my sisters own took less than a week to return. Also, it’s not always the same for everyone, you might be asked for POF at the airport… my sister said the lady right in front of her wasn’t asked, but she was asked for POF. so just prepare yourself because you might not be so lucky.. It’s actually a requirement but some people escape it at the airport.

Escape it at the airport and go into shelter. You need that money and more, people!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tgain: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2023
Hello house, Good day. My partner Got SINP ITA, we are yet to begin the process. I am currently in the Pool hoping for the STEM draws. Please is it advisable I withdraw my EE profile? Or we can do both simultaneously and whichever comes first we go through (PNP or EE) with it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by supertonex(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mine took less than an hour.

Logged out, logged in back to see it updated.

XtinahOo:
Hi guys,

Good morning.

Please of I update my EE profile, how long does it take for the change to take effect? I mean for me to see the reflection on my CRS score.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenykech: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
It is not supposed to take any time at all. Double check your profile to ensure you transmitted it after updating/uploading
XtinahOo:
Hi guys,

Good morning.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LandingistForum: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kembo:
Hello everyone, Has anyone collected a police clearance certificate here? How did you go about it? I have registered online and and even paid but I haven't gotten any feed back.
See how to process your PCC here: https://landinggist.com/front-page/how-to-process-nigerian-police-character-certificate-online/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
tshtsh:

Scaling through point based express entry at 42 Is hard based on age. Moving to a new country at 42 is also hard
...Hard but doable...Some persons move at more older ages and they excel... It's more of a mindset thing

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1760: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jenykech:

They don't normally ask but it's advised you have an app or print one incase they ask

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mjhay: 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
Good evening folks, quick one please; is my Oinp profile meant to display a score after submitting an application. There is a column for score but it’s currently displaying zero, even after paying the fee. However, I got an email confirming the receipt of payment and application.

PS: it’s a NOI i.e in demand stream
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ans123: 12:34am On Aug 25, 2023
Hello House, pls my sister's application was approved in her profile yesterday 23rd August but no PPR letter was sent in her mail (spam&inbox). Has anyone witnessed this, what to do pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Notrelated: 5:43am On Aug 25, 2023
Hello house,
I am not sure if I made a mistake when filling the come to Canada tool to generate a reference code for express entry profile.
Under the number of years of experience outside Canada in the last 10 years. I might have picked 6 years or more instead of 4 to 5 years. I'm not really sure

My question is do I need to withdraw my express entry profile and generate a new reference code with the right number of experience then create a new EE profile, or I should just ignore it since it doesn't have any effect on my CRS.

Your replies will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mjhay: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2023
Good evening folks, quick one please; is my Oinp profile meant to display a score after submitting an application. There is a column for score but it’s currently displaying zero, even after paying the fee. However, I got an email confirming the receipt of payment and application.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oty1993: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2023
have a similar issue. please help!

So10:
Please I'm confused. I'm supposed to get a gift deed from my mum for one of her properties but she gave the buyer my account details and he has sent it to my account direct but he put her name in description.
Can I go ahead with the court affidavit for sell of property/gift deed that she signed or do I send to her and make her send back to me?

Will the V.O check the senders account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AnonymousMe: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2023
soulmate19:
Good afternoon Sir/Ma
Pls who have transcript plug for Oou (Olabisi Onabanjo University).
We have already paid online but it's taking forever for them to send it to Wes.
Ejooooor, pls help.

Hi there, I hope you are well ? Pls and Pls how did you go about the collection of your transcript, I seriously need to get mine as I have requested twice over a year+ and its on processing still, Pls render help if you can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mjhay: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Good morning folks, quick one please; is my Oinp profile meant to display a score after submitting an application. There is a column for score but it’s currently displaying zero, even after paying the fee. However, I got an email confirming the receipt of payment and application.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ImoleNaomi: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2023
Good morning All,
Please I need a help,I and my husband and our daughter,we just want to start our Canada migration process But we don't know how to go about it and we don't want to use an agent.
We have our IELTS result and our Scores are good.
What next please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2023
ImoleNaomi:
Good morning All,
Please I need a help,I and my husband and our daughter,we just want to start our Canada migration process But we don't know how to go about it and we don't want to use an agent.
We have our IELTS result and our Scores are good.
What next please?

Page one of this thread outlines all you need to know and do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tgain: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2023
Tgain:
Hello house, Good day. My partner Got SINP ITA, we are yet to begin the process. I am currently in the Pool hoping for the STEM draws. Please is it advisable I withdraw my EE profile? Or we can do both simultaneously and whichever comes first we go through (PNP or EE) with it?
Hello house

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Kcenyimbk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.