Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1061731 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
Brownmannie:

E reach to worry because those that submitted on a later date after mine has received theirs.

E nor reach to worry abeg. Lagos and Abuja vfs usually takes almost 2 months. The people you’re talking about submitted to other VFS. Even if they submitted to Abuja and got in one week, it doesn’t make your case abnormal. It’s normal. Abuja takes time. You will get your passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
Brownmannie:

E reach to worry because those that submitted on a later date after mine has received theirs.

Nothing to worry about. I'll encourage you to focus more on the transition to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Brownmannie:

It is more certain that you will receive your passport at some point than it is that the sun will rise tomorrow. Yeah, that's an exagerration, but it's a near certainty that you will get your passport. You have no need to worry. it would make more sense to worry if you had some kind of a deadline waiting for you in Canada. But we all know you don't. Use the available time to start planning well. Have you even started using the job bank and applying for jobs already? Focus!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
NuCypher:

It is more certain that you will receive your passport at some point than it is that the sun will rise tomorrow. Yeah, that's an exagerration, but it's a near certainty that you will get your passport. You have no need to worry. it would make more sense to worry if you had some kind of a deadline waiting for you in Canada. But we all know you don't. Use the available time to start planning well. Have you even started using the job bank and applying for jobs already? Focus!
lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Benrichard(m): 3:21am On Sep 16, 2023
Good evening all, please I submitted my ITA on the 28/04/23 n used oanda n xe rate to calculate mt pof for a family of 3 which was 20371cad at #340 to 1cad,= #6,926,140 but used #8m at d rate of #392 to 1cad, but later increased it to 12.5m because of exchange rate fluctuations,
Done medicals n biometric n After waiting without response, I apply for gcms notes where I saw in that my case officer said my initial pof ws insufficient.
Pls I need your advice on what to do next.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 5:12am On Sep 16, 2023
Benrichard:
Good evening all, please I submitted my ITA on the 28/04/23 n used oanda n xe rate to calculate mt pof for a family of 3 which was 20371cad at #340 to 1cad,= #6,926,140 but used #8m at d rate of #392 to 1cad, but later increased it to 12.5m because of exchange rate fluctuations,
Done medicals n biometric n After waiting without response, I apply for gcms notes where I saw in that my case officer said my initial pof ws insufficient.
Quickly add to your POF, then send a web form with explanation about the whole currency crisis. They will update it then officially request an ADR for POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Benrichard:

Send an updated POF via webform.

Also, what does your PR tracker say, regardingthe 4 key parameters?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2023
Benrichard:

Did you raise a webform to notify IRCC after you increased your POF from 8m to 12.5m? If you haven't, I think you should do it immediately. Include a detailed letter of explanation stating exchange rate situation and attach your bank statement.

8m to 12.5 is quite huge, so you might want to include how you were able to raise 4.5m. Gift deed, savings/investment, etc

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Benrichard(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Profgordons:
Quickly add to your POF, then send a web form with explanation about the whole currency crisis. They will update it then officially request an ADR for POF.

Thanks boss, their issue is with my 1st pof, that it wasn't sufficient then but I used oanda.com n xe.com rates to calculate my pof n it was #340/1cad but I used #390/1cad to b on the safer side, it was 2 months later before I added the 4.5m to update it with an loe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Benrichard(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
phabulous88:

Did you raise a webform to notify IRCC after you increased your POF from 8m to 12.5m? If you haven't, I think you should do it immediately. Include a detailed letter of explanation stating exchange rate situation and attach your bank statement.

8m to 12.5 is quite huge, so you might want to include how you were able to raise 4.5m. Gift deed, savings/investment, etc

All the best

Thanks boss, their issue is with my 1st pof, that it wasn't sufficient then but I used oanda.com n xe.com rates to calculate my pof n it was #340/1cad but I used #390/1cad to b on the safer side, it was 2 months later before I added the 4.5m to update it with an loe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ifakiland(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
Benrichard:
haba how can family of 3 pof be 8m? family of 2 sef na 10m. cad to naira exchange was never 340 to 1cad. they will ask u for updated pof
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Benrichard(m): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ifakiland:

haba how can family of 3 pof be 8m? family of 2 sef na 10m. cad to naira exchange was never 340 to 1cad. they will ask u for updated pof

I submitted my ITA on 28/04/23, long before Tinubu became president
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by arodeyo: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2023
kiari:

If Nexford can send your academic transcript to WES, why not You’ll never know until you try.

Someone should please answer this question, it is very important
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by arodeyo: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
Salientsinmi:
Well done guys,

Please who knows if I can evaluate Nexford University’s MBA for EE?

Please this is very important, a lot depends on it.
Thank you 🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Staness: 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
Last I checked, No
arodeyo:

Please this is very important, a lot depends on it.
Thank you 🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ifakiland(m): 2:34am On Sep 17, 2023
Brownmannie:

At least, I suppose don get update for my profile like counterfoil but nothing till date. Is there to email I can write to enquire on the status?
Counterfoil na from week 5/6.....calm down your passport no lose. Your blood just dey rush....book flight, look for actual money to carry go.....rent now dey para for Canada and you suppose hold like 4 month rent to be on safe side

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by milliondollarma: 8:50am On Sep 17, 2023
Luchiee:
Yes for now, if it’s for POF. Currently the Proof of funds required for a family of 4 is $25,546 cad. But I’ll advise you save in foreign currency because of devaluation of naira.
Also, I hope your budget does not include the expenses you will incur in the process, like cost of ielts, credential evaluation, and other post ITA expenses?

sorry to ask... If both of us follow this process...are we applying separately or one as a dependent after writing the English exam. Remember her course of study is pharmacy and she will need to write PECB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Favourphilic: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
Go and read the link(from page 1) that someone' send you earlier. It will ask a lot in your questions.

milliondollarma:
sorry to ask... If both of us follow this process...are we applying separately or one as a dependent after writing the English exam. Remember her course of study is pharmacy and she will need to write PECB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by POPMATERIALS(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
Yuzxy:
good morning alll, please can my school, UNN, send a soft copy of my transcript to WES or it must be a hard copy couried to them?

yes,they can send soft copy to wes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DereI(f): 6:47am On Sep 18, 2023
tshtsh:

Nothing to worry about. I'll encourage you to focus more on the transition to Canada.

Exactly this.

Start applying for jobs

Start looking for accomodation

Start planning for life in canada because it’s no jokes here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by soulmate19: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2023
Hello, sorry that I am just seeing this. Have you been able to sort your transcripts?

AnonymousMe:

Hi there, I hope you are well ? Pls and Pls how did you go about the collection of your transcript, I seriously need to get mine as I have requested twice over a year+ and its on processing still, Pls render help if you can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoyoGreen: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Hello Good morning,

I hope you are well

I am preparing to relocate to Canada and about to apply to WES for my ECA, however I am confused regarding my name arrangement. The arrangement on my passport is slightly different from the arrangement on my university certificate. For the purpose of applying for my ECA which name arrangement should I use ? The one on my passport or on my Bsc certificate ?

Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Brownmannie(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2023
Please I will like us to connect. I am actually coming to Calgary. Sent you a mail.

DereI:

Exactly this.

Start applying for jobs

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FavSuccess: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
DereI:

Exactly this.

Start applying for jobs

What do you mean by 'it's no joke there'? How tough is it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
DereI:

Exactly this.

Start applying for jobs

Not a joke. When I lived in Lagos I accommodated friends and even friends of friends who visited Lagos. Never saw it as a big deal. In Canada accommodation is a big deal. When I was struggling to rent a house all those who offered to help came from the angle of “come and stay in my house and pay me instead of renting your own place”. Glad I turned down all offers even though I would have saved some money. What I’m I working for if I can’t have a roof over my head at my age.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AnonymousMe: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2023
soulmate19:
Hello, sorry that I am just seeing this. Have you been able to sort your transcripts?

No I haven’t.. how can I reach you ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by gustav25: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good Morning all. I have A question that is perturbing me greatly. I am trying to create an express entry profile but it keeps saying i am ineligible even after filling all required of me. I finished my study this year after one year in New Brunswick and trying to use the NB student stream which allows for only one year of studies before one can qualify to be in the pool for Pr. Now i didn't Do a WES evaluation and want to know if it is absolutely necessary i do this because a pal said it might be what is hindering my application and i have only 3 months left before i can utilize the stream. I have my Ielts general results et all i needed to provide.

Is Wes evaluation pivotal in an express entry Profile ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ifakiland(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2023
Jrmh29v11:
Long post ‼️ ‼️

*Two or more degrees
*IELTS - L8.5 R9 S8 W7.5 (Dec 2022 first and only attempt)
*Sibling in 🇨🇦
*Combined 2 NOCs
*Entered pool Dec 2022 with CRS 489

Timeline
*ITA - 23rd March 2023
*AOR - 24th April 2023
*MEP/BIL/UCI - 5th May 2023
*GU1(gckey) - 8th May 2023
*Biometrics (VFS Lagos) - 11th May 2023 (got a bit worried at this stage because my biometric data/info wasn't updated in GCkey or tracker; later got updated/completed on May 19, but date still registered as 11th May)
*Eligibility in progress on tracker - 31st May 2023
*GU2(gckey) - 3rd June 2023
*BGC/Eligibility completed - 5th June 2023
*RFV - 6th June 2023
*Passport submitted - 23rd June (sent to VFS Lagos via courier. Dispatched to IRCC office same day).

**Unexpected event. Received an email update on 11th July and rushed to gckey hoping to see counterfoil; lo and behold, it was an ADR for passport photographs. Apparently my photos got missing somewhere between vfs and ircc (up till now I still don't understand how this happened). Contacted vfs to find out how my photos got missing and what i should do next; they provided zero explanations and the CS rep I spoke with said they don't accept any submission(s) apart from international passports. I was so confused and perplexed at this point. I searched and searched online hoping to see info from anyone who had experienced something similar; thankfully i found a nairaland post of someone who went through the exact same thing last year. Long story short, I later sent my photos directly to ircc via DHL.**

--radio silence--
--plenty webforms/emails plus intense prayer--

*GU3(tracker) - 11th August 2023
*GU4(tracker) - 14th August 2023
*Counterfoil - 16th August 2023
*Passport collected with visa and copr docs - 29th August 2023

Docs submitted
*Work ref letter, Work ID, Employment/Promotion letters
*ECA, IELTS, Degree certificates
*Bank ref letter and letter of non-indebtedness
*6 months bank statement
*Gift deed for POF, plus transfer receipt
*Docs for sibling points (PR card, utility bills, lease agreement, NPC birth certificates showing parents names)
*Upfront medical slip (QLife)
*PCC
*NYSC cert (added this just to put my mind at ease, lol)
*LOE for source of funds and another for previous Schengen visa refusal

The devil tried but God prevailed as always. To anyone else who's going through challenges/difficulties in this journey, just surrender all to God (and please do your due diligence too). This PR journey has been known to offer unlimited subscription of sleepless nights lol; you just never know what to expect! But once you involve God in your matter and let Him lead, you can be sure it will always end in praise! To God be the glory for everything!
SUP BRO, ABEG EHN THE WEBFORM YOU SENT WAS IT THROUGH THE NORMAL WEBFORM SITE OR THERES A SPECIAL WEBFORM FOR CHECKING WHEN PASSPORT WILL BE READY?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
MoyoGreen:
Hello Good morning,
I hope you are well
I am preparing to relocate to Canada and about to apply to WES for my ECA, however I am confused regarding my name arrangement. The arrangement on my passport is slightly different from the arrangement on my university certificate. For the purpose of applying for my ECA which name arrangement should I use ? The one on my passport or on my Bsc certificate ?
Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
WES will evaluate your transcript and give you the same name on your certificate regardless of how you arrange it during registration.

The name on your passport is the official name recorgnized by IRCC for your Visa processing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rs172(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
Enculer2:

He he he. You are leaving UK, mate?

Yea boss, I’m not a fan of applying for visa all the time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
rs172:

Yea boss, I’m not a fan of applying for visa all the time
Hahaha, a very perfect reason
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Darey00(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Hello guys, I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, two weeks ago I got a prompt on my IRCC account to set up 2FA which I did, and since then I've been unable to sign in to my account.

The login will confirm successfully but I'm always in a endless loop of clicking on "Sign in" everytime I try to go to "My Applications".

Anyone who has been able to get around this issue please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (635) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Afolavid and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.