Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050865 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hi guys, I got ITA from Ontario on August 11 and submitted my application on September 12. My status changed to ‘Decision in Progress’ a few days ago signifying my documents have been assessed to be complete. How long does it usually take to get PNP from this time? From what I’m seeing online, some are saying 2 days, others 2 months, which is confusing. Also who else got ITA from Ontario during this period?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
vimma:

Guys, I requested for a remark and I just got a mail that my writing score increased to a 7.5.

Thanks to everyone that advised me to remark! Now I have my complete marks

weldone, you try no be small
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Good evening everyone...
Pls I will love to inquire on how to scout and book affordable flight to Brandon, Canada from lagos... One way. I'm due to travel next month
I am a newbie to this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
okikiosibodu:
Good evening everyone...
Pls I will love to inquire on how to scout and book affordable flight to Brandon, Canada from lagos... One way. I'm due to travel next month
I am a newbie to this
check wakanow, expedia, skyscanner. Find flights going to Toronto or Winnipeg. Then local flight from Toronto or bus from Winnipeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
ednut1:
check wakanow, expedia, skyscanner. Find flights going to Toronto or Winnipeg. Then local flight from Toronto or bus from Winnipeg.
Alright. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by two4: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hello, I submitted my parent’s passport to Vfs by myself, now I want to pay for one way courier service for pick up
- I called the customer care line, no one is picking up
- I don’t have any submission confirmation slip, I wasn’t given any.
- is the courier written on the website for one passport or a package of multiple passports.
- My elder brother went to pick up the passport today and the refused to give him, said either we do courier or my parents come in person
- There’s no comprehensive method of doing the courier collection on the website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jayF19: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
Guys so has anyone tried applying for a US visa from Nigeria after getting their PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2023
vimma:

Guys, I requested for a remark and I just got a mail that my writing score increased to a 7.5.
Thanks to everyone that advised me to remark! Now I have my complete marks
Congrats🎉
I remember posting the comment below. if I staked my money now, na so I for win am✌️
studycenter:
From experience, 7.5 is sure if you remark. Plus you get a refund. Good luck!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
jayF19:
Guys so has anyone tried applying for a US visa from Nigeria after getting their PR?
From Canada here sef e dey hard if you have not rooted here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JustBukola: 12:47am On Nov 17, 2023
Hello good people!

I'm a first-time international traveller, and I have no idea how to go about booking my flight to Canada from Lagos. I'm due to travel in January and my final destination is Edmonton. With all the airline prices and options available, I need guidance on how to even start.

I've checked SkyScanner, related sites and airlines sites also, but it's a bit difficult to sort through. cry
I would really appreciate tips and suggestions.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FredUmar: 4:13am On Nov 17, 2023
ednut1:

Type this in the search column - mcc ielts ppr . There are at least 6 ppr stories of doctors have done it.
Most of the questions being asked can be gotten via the search button using key words. This is one
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/187#84693633

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FredUmar: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2023
Profgordons:
what do you need?
Pls I want to know if one year housejob experience Is enough to start my wife’s PR journey, since as a medical doctor the degree is equivalent to an MSc and she is below 30.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 6:29am On Nov 17, 2023
FredUmar:

Pls I want to know if one year housejob experience Is enough to start my wife’s PR journey, since as a medical doctor the degree is equivalent to an MSc and she is below 30.
Yes, one year house job is enough if she was paid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FredUmar: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2023
Profgordons:
Yes, one year house job is enough if she was paid
Thanks for the swift response, I asked because someone was telling us she needs up to 2yrs or else the point won’t be high after calculating other parameters..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 7:34am On Nov 17, 2023
Guys please I am in a fix. I just got an email from Ontario that they want to nominate me but can't find my EE profile. They got a "No longer available for nomination - Others"

They said it could be for any of these reasons;

Received an Invitation to Apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); or
Have a pending nomination from another province or territory; or
Removed Ontario as a province of destination in your Express Entry profile.

Point 1 & 2 don't apply to me and I am sure I picked Ontario as one of the provinces I want to reside in. They said if this is the case, I have to update my profile and choose Ontario but I don't even know how to do this. I have scanned the entire website and can't find a way to check or fix this. For context, this profile is different from the one Ontario sent my ITA to, the previous one expired.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My status now shows "awaiting information" and I have less than 72 hours to fix this, please help.

Izen:
Hi guys, I got ITA from Ontario on August 11 and submitted my application on September 12. My status changed to ‘Decision in Progress’ a few days ago signifying my documents have been assessed to be complete. How long does it usually take to get PNP from this time? From what I’m seeing online, some are saying 2 days, others 2 months, which is confusing. Also who else got ITA from Ontario during this period?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 8:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Izen:
Guys please I am in a fix. I just got an email from Ontario that they want to nominate me but can't find my EE profile. They got a "No longer available for nomination - Others"

They said it could be for any of these reasons;

Received an Invitation to Apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); or
Have a pending nomination from another province or territory; or
Removed Ontario as a province of destination in your Express Entry profile.

Point 1 & 2 don't apply to me and I am sure I picked Ontario as one of the provinces I want to reside in. They said if this is the case, I have to update my profile and choose Ontario but I don't even know how to do this. I have scanned the entire website and can't find a way to check or fix this. For context, this profile is different from the one Ontario sent my ITA to, the previous one expired.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My status now shows "awaiting information" and I have less than 72 hours to fix this, please help.

Did you ever provide ON with your new profile number? They may be trying to nominate on the expired profile that’s no longer valid. Send them your new profile details via their email if they don’t already have it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2023
JustBukola:
Hello good people!

I'm a first-time international traveller, and I have no idea how to go about booking my flight to Canada from Lagos. I'm due to travel in January and my final destination is Edmonton. With all the airline prices and options available, I need guidance on how to even start.

I've checked SkyScanner, related sites and airlines sites also, but it's a bit difficult to sort through. cry
I would really appreciate tips and suggestions.

Thank you!

Download the EgyptAir, Ethiopian Airways, and KLM apps, and search for flights from Lagos to Edmonton. Compare the prices.

Flight tickets for the end of the year and early January are actually more expensive.

Many airlines price their tickets in USD, so you might have to fund your dorm account. Alternatively, you can use Wakanow, but their prices are more expensive than if you do it yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2023
AyabaS:

Did you ever provide ON with your new profile number? They may be trying to nominate on the expired profile that’s no longer valid. Send them your new profile details via their email if they don’t already have it

Yes I did, it’s the new profile they are saying they can’t nominate me on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hillony: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2023
Izen:

This is not clear. Did you have a case of an expired profile? And when it got expired, did you send the required details to OINP? Or like, in the case of mine your Express Entry profile expired the same day that you were meant to get a nomination?
You saying it is the new profile they said they can't nominate is what is confusing to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hillony: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2023
Izen:

I can see you did send them the details. Normally they are meant to transfer the nomination to the new profile since you have given them the details of the EE numbers and Job bank codes of both the new and old profiles, and also the letter saying the old one got expired.
Still follow up with them. Call them too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2023
hillony:

This is not clear. Did you have a case of an expired profile? And when it got expired, did you send the required details to OINP? Or like, in the case of mine your Express Entry profile expired the same day that you were meant to get a nomination?
You saying it is the new profile they said they can't nominate is what is confusing to me.

I shared all the details of the expiration in my application and had emailed OINP earlier about it. The reason why I gave that context is to not confuse anyone that is wondering how OINP will send me a NOI in the first place if they can’t access my EE profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2023
FredUmar:

Thanks for the swift response, I asked because someone was telling us she needs up to 2yrs or else the point won’t be high after calculating other parameters..
The person is right with the points thing, but she can still enter the pool while building her points, these days the scores are low for Doctors, 430ish which is not bad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 11:21am On Nov 17, 2023
hillony:

I can see you did send them the details. Normally they are meant to transfer the nomination to the new profile since you have given them the details of the EE numbers and Job bank codes of both the new and old profiles, and also the letter saying the old one got expired.
Still follow up with them. Call them too.

Yes, I’ve sent them an email explaining the challenge. I have also written IRCC to be sure there’s nothing wrong in their end. I’ll also call to follow up. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2023
Emmaus12:
You will be able to log on only after you get the application received message.

then the UCI will be in the proper format, I had same issues until last week when I got a ghost update and request for my Sons Birth certificate

Good day, how's it going? I read in one of your previous posts that you are a data analyst and you used NOC code 21223, which is for database analysts and administrators. Did you eventually stick with that or change to the one for data scientists, which is 21211?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
Remmrem:
Good day all, I am a data analyst and finding it hard to choose the correct NOC code. However, I did some research and most people suggested NOC 21223 (Database analysts and Data administrators) I have checked the requirements and I do not find the job descriptions compatible with mine. Please data analysts who have gone past this stage help a sister.

Hello, how's it going? Did you eventually choose NOC 21223 (database analysts) or NOC 21211 (for data scientist). I am a data analyst and I confused which one is generally accepted for data analyst.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FredUmar: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Profgordons:
The person is right with the points thing, but she can still enter the pool while building her points, these days the scores are low for Doctors, 430ish which is not bad.
Very true, I have a friend that is less than 30yrs, with 3yrs experience( including her nysc and house job) and had 8 in reading & listening but got 6.5 in writing and 7 in speaking and still her point was just 408 and I wonder why so low….is there any doctor in the house with similar experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2023
FredUmar:

Very true, I have a friend that is less than 30yrs, with 3yrs experience( including her nysc and house job) and had 8 in reading & listening but got 6.5 in writing and 7 in speaking and still her point was just 408 and I wonder why so low….is there any doctor in the house with similar experience?
Her IELTS is leaving so much points on the table. She needs to rewrite. Also she needs to check Medicine as Masters Equivalent. At 30 years, her optimum score is 473. She is definitely throwing away some points somewhere and have missed several draws.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Favourphilic: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
Which one is BSc Pharmacy Certificate?

Is your certificate B.Pharm or PharmD?
And why do you want to use WES?

If you want to claim pharmacist NOC points then you have to use PEBC

chydozkyj:
Hello everyone.

A friend told me that sometimes WES Evaluates Bsc Pharmacy certificate as equivalent to a Masters, please is it true?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
Please I need help with my NOC, I got ITA last month. I work as a healthcare Assistant in the UK, so I chose 33102- Nurse Aide as My primary NOC. But I came across another one that seems similar, 44101. I want to be super sure I have the right NOC before submitting my application. Can anyone help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Izen: 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2023
Izen:

Yes, I’ve sent them an email explaining the challenge. I have also written IRCC to be sure there’s nothing wrong in their end. I’ll also call to follow up. Thank you.

I just got PNP from Ontario guys. Thanks for all the help.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by OgogoroDegree: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2023
Izen:

I just got PNP from Ontario guys. Thanks for all the help.

What's your score?

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Saintee2009(m), Francesr and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.