Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049846 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Arostar2023:
Hello guys, I am trying to book an Upfront medical for my daughter and I on the IOM website. But the application form won't let me proceed further as it is asking me to fill my IME, which I don't have for obvious reasons. How can I get pass this stage?

You can’t. IRCC no longer requires upfront medical, they’ll ask for it when they need it and the medical request will include IME.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hayoholla(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good evening here, I will like to know if an ielts score of 7 is sufficient for a PR route to Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Perezzoe: 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2023
Congratulations more wins!

ednut1:
Obtained my Canada Citizenship last week 3 years 5 months after i landed . Don’t listen to those anti japa people , some of their kids have USA citizenship already.
The Canada immigration has changed a bit since I applied in 2019 but if you meet the requirements and have in demand occupation abeg pursue it o. If you can learn French too please do.

Most of what i learnt about express entry was from Nairaland. I found out a certification i did in 2009 qualified for two or more degrees here. I learnt about gift deed here etc. Canada also has its own challenges but it cannot be compared to Nigeria. The quality of life, access to healthcare, peace of mind and amenities etc.
Me i don signout o. One love 😁

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
Thank you
NuCypher:

Read page 1. It's not a problem to use 100% gift deed. Just make sure to have your base covered. The idea is that the 100% gift deed must now be completely yours and not a loan you have to pay back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Superdwale(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2023
Izen:

Is this incuding the 600 points from Ontario. What is your TEER code , if you don't mind me asking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 12:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Hello,

I received ITA Last month.
Please I need someone to help me check if my job description matches NOC 33102. Is it ok to post my job duties here. I would really appreciate the help. I want to be super sure before submitting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:34am On Nov 23, 2023
tshtsh:

It was actually at Toronto. US govt have CBP officers stationed at Toronto Pearson airport and some other airports in Canada. Thus after going through immigration at Toronto the flights arrive at domestic terminals in USA
Ohhhh gotcha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by notasowie: 5:36am On Nov 23, 2023
Hello everyone I’m new here please want to know if there is any whatapp or telegram group for Provisional Nomination Program preferably MANITOBA , I m about to start my application. if there is any please would like to join

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agbeni33: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2023
Hello everyone, I applied for my PCC on the portal and I used the transfer option to make the payment but my invoice is showing no payment found on the portal since yesterday.

Has anyone use this method of payment before?

Please what can I do so that the money can reflect on my invoice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2023
TomatoSauce1:
Hello,

I received ITA Last month.
Please I need someone to help me check if my job description matches NOC 33102. Is it ok to post my job duties here. I would really appreciate the help. I want to be super sure before submitting.

Follow the steps in this link below & post:
* the list of your duties
* the list of NOC 33102 duties, and
* the matching you have done......... you'll get feedback.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283#96895306

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2023
ednut1:
Obtained my Canada Citizenship last week 3 years 5 months after i landed . Don’t listen to those anti japa people , some of their kids have USA citizenship already.
The Canada immigration has changed a bit since I applied in 2019 but if you meet the requirements and have in demand occupation abeg pursue it o. If you can learn French too please do.

Most of what i learnt about express entry was from Nairaland. I found out a certification i did in 2009 qualified for two or more degrees here. I learnt about gift deed here etc. Canada also has its own challenges but it cannot be compared to Nigeria. The quality of life, access to healthcare, peace of mind and amenities etc.
Me i don signout o. One love 😁

ednut the Canadian!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Duchess2020: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2023
Good morning all,
Pls I’d like to know if at the Port of Entry in Canada, the officers would ask you as a PR holder to show your proof of funds. I have gotten my PPR & passports submitted but I want everything to be in place as my husband & I would be leaving soon and it was FD we used as POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Duchess2020: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2023
Qwertyuser:

Hello @Qwertyuser. Congratulations. Pls I sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by teebullion1(f): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2023
Agbeni33:
Hello everyone, I applied for my PCC on the portal and I used the transfer option to make the payment but my invoice is showing no payment found on the portal since yesterday.

Has anyone use this method of payment before?

Please what can I do so that the money can reflect on my invoice?

Send them an email at info@possap.gov.ng with you invoice number and application details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by UjeshaNiMere(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hello NL family, do GTB bank reference and non-indebtedness letters carry details of all accounts with the bank (say savings, current, domiciliary), or one can specifically request for only the account containing the POF? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
GraciousWords:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283#96895306

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
GraciousWords:

I have matched my duties with the NOC below.

My Duties
1) Offer care in accordance to the service user’s care plan (1)

2) Assist or Prompt service users to complete personal care, including washing, dressing, grooming and toileting (either using a bed pan, commode, etc.) (1)

3) Monitor service users skin integrity, document and report concerns (1 and 5)

4) Apply prescribed creams on patients skin

5) Engage in moving and handling of service users including mobility, transfers and positioning, using the right equipment and in a safe manner (1 and 8.)

6)Ensure Equipment (Hoist, Sling, Rota Stand, Wheelchair, etc.) are safe (8.)

7) Administer medications in line with care plans and record on Medication Administration (MAR) chart

8. Assist Nurses, Occupational Therapists and other healthcare staff when needed (2)

9)Carry out housekeeping duties when required, make bed and wash dishes (6)

10) Prepare healthy meals, feed and support service users when required (1)

11) Prompt service users to engage in their exercise routine as directed by the Physiotherapist (6)

11) Monitor Patients weight, bowel movement and fluid intake when required (2)

12) Maintain secure patient environments, enforcing safe systems and practices in line with safeguarding requirements
13) Work with compassion and empathy, prioritizing wellbeing and dignity of patients

14) Maintain confidentiality and compliance standards for optimized patient care

15) Communicate effectively with service users and their family members

16) Record every activity on the Care Planner (1& 5)

NOC 3310 (Nurse Aides)

1) Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; weigh, lift, turn, and position patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients' exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
2) Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff
3) Administer, in emergency situations, first aid to injured or ill individuals within the scope of competencies
4) Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery
5) Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
6) Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
7. Maintain inventory of supplies
8. May perform maintenance tasks such as assisting with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
9) May transport patients between care facilities.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
TomatoSauce1:

I have matched my duties with the NOC below.

My Duties
1) Offer care in accordance to the service user’s care plan 1
2) Assist or Prompt service users to complete personal care, including washing, dressing, grooming and toileting (either using a bed pan, commode, etc.) 1
3) Monitor service users skin integrity, document and report concerns 1 and 5
4) Apply prescribed creams on patients skin
5) Engage in moving and handling of service users including mobility, transfers and positioning, using the right equipment and in a safe manner 1 and 8
6)Ensure Equipment (Hoist, Sling, Rota Stand, Wheelchair, etc.) are safe 8
7)Administer medications in line with care plans and record on Medication Administration (MAR) chart
8 ) Assist Nurses, Occupational Therapists and other healthcare staff when needed 2
9)Carry out housekeeping duties when required, make bed and wash dishes 6
10)Prepare healthy meals, feed and support service users when required 1
11)Prompt service users to engage in their exercise routine as directed by the Physiotherapist 6
11)Monitor Patients weight, bowel movement and fluid intake when required 2
12)Maintain secure patient environments, enforcing safe systems and practices in line with safeguarding requirements
13)Work with compassion and empathy, prioritizing wellbeing and dignity of patients
14)Maintain confidentiality and compliance standards for optimized patient care
15)Communicate effectively with service users and their family members
16)Record every activity on the Care Planner 1 and 5

NOC 3310 (Nurse Aides)

1) Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; weigh, lift, turn, and position patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients' exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
2) Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff
3) Administer, in emergency situations, first aid to injured or ill individuals within the scope of competencies
4) Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery
5) Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
6) Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
7) Maintain inventory of supplies

8 ) May perform maintenance tasks such as assisting with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
9) May transport patients between care facilities.

IRCC says:

You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

IMO your JD needs to have more detail...... if you meet a Nazi VO you really have indicated only NOC 1,2,5 and 6 out of the first 7 essential duties on the NOC - I highlight these in green .........what about 3 and 4 (surely you also do these)? 7 nko? (keeping inventory of supplies, plaster, bandages etc)

If you are able, please elaborate on your tasks that you may not have included e.g. 3 (is first-aid not part of your work, first-aid can be a simple as antiseptic for a cut, not so?) and 4 (don't you use the wheelchair to move users from one place to the other for exercise which can be a form of physio treatment?). If you do 3 and 4, please include, once done, then you have 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

For the one highlighted in red, please say more, elaborate, assist the nurses how? State the things you help them do e.g. taking BP, temp, pulse, collecting blood, stool samples etc....see how IRCC NOC duty 1and 2 is very detailed.

Please don't copy and paste the NOC but you may need to be a bit more detailed about what you already do.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
Good evening y'all,I'm here again o. Does gift deed have to be typed on an A4 paper? Does a lawyer have to draft it? Can it be done in a day?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
GraciousWords:

IRCC says:

You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

IMO your JD needs to have more detail...... if you meet a Nazi VO you really have indicated only NOC 1,2,5 and 6 out of the first 7 essential duties on the NOC - I highlight these in green .........what about 3 and 4 (surely you also do these)? 7 nko? (keeping inventory of supplies, plaster, bandages etc)

8 and 9 are main duties (starting with "may" ) and you do 8 which is ok.

If you are able, please elaborate on your tasks that you may not have included e.g. 3 (is first-aid not part of your work, first-aid can be a simple as antiseptic for a cut, not so?) and 4 (don't you use the wheelchair to move users from one place to the other for exercise which can be a form of physio treatment?). If you do 3 and 4, please include, once done, then you have 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

For the one highlighted in red, please say more, elaborate, assist the nurses how? State the things you help them do e.g. taking BP, temp, pulse, collecting blood, stool samples etc....see how IRCC NOC duty 1and 2 is very detailed.

Please don't copy and paste the NOC but you may need to be a bit more detailed about what you already do.

All the best!

Thank you, you're right. I'll be more detailed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
afagha:
Good evening y'all,I'm here again o. Does gift deed have to be typed on an A4 paper? Does a lawyer have to draft it? Can it be done in a day?

You don’t need a lawyer to draft the gift deed or the affidavit of gift deed (these are two different documents). Check page 1 and you’ll see samples.

The gift deed is signed by the donor, the giftee and witness; while the affidavit is signed at the high court by the commissioner of oaths.

Both should be typed on A4 papers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TwinHeart: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
afagha:

You can draft it yourself and get it notarized at the magistrate court. There are samples on the first page.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by akube34: 12:09am On Nov 24, 2023
afagha:
when I did mine, na normal paper, I signed, the gifted signed and a witness. Took it to a court in Lagos and it was notarized.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Heenarh: 12:31am On Nov 24, 2023
phabulous88:

Congratulations!

If you want your passport stamped quickly, send to VFS Kenya.

If you’re not in a hurry, send to VFS Lagos/Abuja

I’m actually in the UK atm. I sent it to vfs London. Hopefully, it won’t take too long before it gets sent back. Thank you so much for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Heenarh: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2023
So10:
I'm in the same boat. Any update

I got an update on Monday to send in my passport. You’d get yours too soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NorahSommy: 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hello. Please I am just getting started on my immigration process to Canada. I want to evaluate my LL.B via IQAS.
For “identification documents”, I don’t have my passport yet, what other ID can I use? Voter’s card or driver’s license?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Please what are the specific medical tests required for canada immigration?
I want to know if someone with Hepatitis is denied visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chigrad: 5:15am On Nov 25, 2023
Hi All,
In this situation of WES evaluation what can one claim points for ? Bachelors degree or Two or more degrees?
Both are from Unilag.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ianian: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2023
Hi gurus

I just got married and we have our marriage certificate too, that colour green own. Is the certificate good to go for express entry or is there a need to still register our marriage on intergovermentalmarriagereg dot org

Please advice 🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by estherdabs: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2023
Is it ok to lie about NOC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ikem79: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2023
Please house I need help. I submitted my PR application and it was returned as incomplete based on the police report. I have sent a web form for reconsideration. I want to resubmit it has the 60 days for submission expired in December. How can I continue with the same application because I don't want to lose my ITA. Please 🙏 I really need your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
estherdabs:
Is it ok to lie about NOC?
Question is, is it ok to lie?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: IamKafee(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.