Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048068 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
Profgordons:
My question will be when in January? If she resumed January first, she will be eligible by Dec, 31.
Thanks Prof, it was the first working day in January she resumed the new job. But I’ve told her to wait till early February to submit just to be safe safe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Profgordons:
congratulations to you, yourself and yours.

Congratulations!
Not unrapid respond RROC grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by judisco2019: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
Please is there any WhatsApp group for Canada PNP. I am open for any PNP that does not require a job offer or family connection. My IELTS score is 7.5 and I am expecting my WES assessment any moment from now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
GraciousWords:

100%...........just compare 2018 to now, % increase in the 461-600 bucket is in the thousands.

Looks like COVID-era CEC draws also led to student numbers rising, now former students with PGWPs are flooding the pool.

My advice to anyone whose NOC is not in demand would be to bite the bullet & learn French (additional CRS points wise and money wise) - not easy at all but it's the most rationale choice now if you look at the options coldly.

With French you'll still be ahead in 2 years time than someone who went to Canada as a student and completed a 1/2 yr degree and has 1 year Canadian work experience (CRS grid facts) and will spend far far far less money, especially now that the Student POF (excluding tuition & travel fees) is doubling from Jan 2024 and PGWP extensions are ending soon.

Alternative is to pivot careers and get a job in an in-demand NOCs even if only for a year (for PNP and FSW CBDs)

There's always the chance of a miracle but prepare like there's none on the horizon. Stay hopeful, pray that the odds will favour you more often than not, but please do the needful.

All the best guys!

#YouCanDoIt
Well said. The only problem is that it's not easy for many adults to learn something completely new after several years of leaving school. Learning a new language will always be a challenge. Still though, this is probably the best way to scale all the potential hurdles in place right now and get that coveted ITA. It beats every other possible avenues by a significant mile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mynecakes11(f): 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, I'm so joyful to join this thread. Followed up on some of the pages, and really mind blowing. Thanks to everyone giving out these info

Pls, I want to ask some question. My husband is the one eligible for fsw and he's 40 and has only Bsc. Is it advisable to go on with the EE plan?

Also, what he studied in school is not what he's currently practicing. He studied agric economics but works in a govt hospital as claims adjuster.

Thank you for your responses πŸ™
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by VirginiaChi: 2:24am On Dec 14, 2023
Thank you very much.
Debbieeeeeee:

Check page 1 for reference.
https://applications.wes.org
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mayokunlawale(f): 5:19am On Dec 14, 2023
Hello everyone, Please can someone assist with a reference letter for the NOC 60020.I have someone with experience in hospitality industry and wants to apply for Alberta PNP and I see this is the NOC in demand and want to know how best we can use this NOC or any suggestions for job title and JD we can use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2023
Hi all, i have all requirements ready except for marriage certificate that will be done next week. So i want to know if i can create an EE and Manitoba PNP profile without it yet. I just thought about it now that if there will still be any draw this year that i can take advantage of.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:51am On Dec 14, 2023
Mynecakes11:
Hi Nairalanders, I'm so joyful to join this thread. Followed up on some of the pages, and really mind blowing. Thanks to everyone giving out these info

Pls, I want to ask some question. My husband is the one eligible for fsw and he's 40 and has only Bsc. Is it advisable to go on with the EE plan?

Also, what he studied in school is not what he's currently practicing. He studied agric economics but works in a govt hospital as claims adjuster.

Thank you for your responses πŸ™

First order of action will be to stimulate his crs scores and digest page 1 of this thread. Practically everything you need is there, if there's any confusion, you may ask further here, so many people are willing to answer.

You can stimulate his crs score here:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

As for his course if study matching his current job, that's usually a requirement for Saskatchewan PNP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2023
[quote author=Prettiepearlz post=127349105]
Lol, I used to think I was invisible here ooo. Yeah it’s been a long time! Life got really busy. How are you sis?[/quote, Hell No.
Highly visible πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oly23(f): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:
Congratulations Oly23 πŸ₯³πŸ’ƒ
Thank youuuu πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mercifull(f): 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
MrBnet:
Hello Gurus,

I received an ITA in the last STEM draw, just a month after submitting my application.

Here's my dilemma: my Naira account, where I've been receiving my salary for the past six months, doesn't have enough to cover the POF. I'm considering liquidating my stocks in Bamboo and transferring the amount to my account. Alongside, I plan to attach a Letter of Explanation (LOE) to account for this large deposit.

However, my agent is advising against this move, suggesting instead that I open an investment account and deposit the funds there. This approach is quite new to me.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on this matter. Has anyone had a similar experience or suggestions?

@mrBnet why don't you sell the shares, leave the balance in your bamboo and request an account statement from bamboo? The money will be there in dollars and you won't have to worry about exchange rates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
May the land favour you!
Oly23:
He has taken away the pain and given me victory- Tobechukwu he has done it for me.
Finally I can do this hereπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

It's PPR πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

It's been such a harrowing journey, thank God it has ended in praise.
A dream that began in 2019 when my sister first left has finally come to fruition.
Journey so far,

First IELTS: June 26th 2021(L: 8.5 R: 9 S: 7.5 W: 8.0)
WES ECA: July 8th 2021

First profile October 2021( I had wait to complete 1 year work experience)

Second profile October 2022

OINP NOI- 8th March 2023 (the way I danced ehh because EE draws were looking hopeless at that point with my 471 CRS score)

Second IELTS :June 24th 2023 (L:9 R:9 S: 7.5 W:7 was Soo angry going to write this exam that I didn't even prepare as I'd normally have, waiting for nomination from Ontario and it was taking forever.) was going to remark speaking and writing but ITA came😌

ITA :July 6th 2023

AOR: July 11th 2023

MEP/BIL: July 13th 2023

Biometrics done and linked: July 18th 2023

Eligibility completed: July 19th 2023
L
O
N
G
VO changed to RROC from CIO - Sept 14th 2023(I cried, crewed and crode)

All parameters completed: Sept 15th 2023(bombastic side eyeπŸ™„)
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
Final decision: Nov 16th 2023

COPR Details on tracker: Nov 17th 2023
RFV: Nov 27th 2023
Submitted passport to Kenya- Nov 28th
Counterfoil generated- Dec 7th
Passport returned to me- Dec 12th

Family of me, myself and IπŸ₯Ή

Province: Ontario

V.O : (unrapid reponse)RROC

Thank you bosses @GraciousWord @ednut and other seniors here, the resources on page 1 and your replies here helped me get a grip on the process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mynecakes11(f): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
aurorae1:

First order of action will be to stimulate his crs scores and digest page 1 of this thread. Practically everything you need is there, if there's any confusion, you may ask further here, so many people are willing to answer.

You can stimulate his crs score here:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

As for his course if study matching his current job, that's usually a requirement for Saskatchewan PNP.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Duchess2020: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good day Fam, pls does anyone have the link to join Accra VO group either on telegram or WhatsApp?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hashtagss: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please who has an idea of the average time it takes Ontario to award you the 600 points after you have accepted the NOI and submitted your documents.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Staness: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hello All, I got NOI from Ontario. Any telegram group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bimffo(m): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hello, so I just finished my studies in Canada and I have applied for PGWP.

So I am thinking of crossing my Student VISA to Express Entry.

Please how many months does it take to approve my Express Entry VISA as I am in Canada right now.

I need a good answer, please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Breezy90(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2023
grin grin
Oly23:
He has taken away the pain and given me victory- Tobechukwu he has done it for me.
Finally I can do this hereπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

It's PPR πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

It's been such a harrowing journey, thank God it has ended in praise.
A dream that began in 2019 when my sister first left has finally come to fruition.
Journey so far,

First IELTS: June 26th 2021(L: 8.5 R: 9 S: 7.5 W: 8.0)
WES ECA: July 8th 2021

First profile October 2021( I had wait to complete 1 year work experience)

Second profile October 2022

OINP NOI- 8th March 2023 (the way I danced ehh because EE draws were looking hopeless at that point with my 471 CRS score)

Second IELTS :June 24th 2023 (L:9 R:9 S: 7.5 W:7 was Soo angry going to write this exam that I didn't even prepare as I'd normally have, waiting for nomination from Ontario and it was taking forever.) was going to remark speaking and writing but ITA came😌

ITA :July 6th 2023

AOR: July 11th 2023

MEP/BIL: July 13th 2023

Biometrics done and linked: July 18th 2023

Eligibility completed: July 19th 2023
L
O
N
G
VO changed to RROC from CIO - Sept 14th 2023(I cried, crewed and crode)

All parameters completed: Sept 15th 2023(bombastic side eyeπŸ™„)
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
Final decision: Nov 16th 2023

COPR Details on tracker: Nov 17th 2023
RFV: Nov 27th 2023
Submitted passport to Kenya- Nov 28th
Counterfoil generated- Dec 7th
Passport returned to me- Dec 12th

Family of me, myself and IπŸ₯Ή

Province: Ontario

V.O : (unrapid reponse)RROC

Thank you bosses @GraciousWord @ednut and other seniors here, the resources on page 1 and your replies here helped me get a grip on the process.
RROC is slow damn.. same as Montreal.most sept pnp and early October Aors have gotten ppr.

Montreal is sending crazy ADRs whereas Sydney is sending PPRs grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 12:44am On Dec 15, 2023
Breezy90:
grin ;DRROC is slow damn.. same as Montreal.most sept pnp and early October Aors have gotten ppr.

Montreal is sending crazy ADRs whereas Sydney is sending PPRs grin
Montreal and ADR are 5&6
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 12:47am On Dec 15, 2023
Staness:
Hello All, I got NOI from Ontario. Any telegram group?
When did this happen?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kamdour: 2:52am On Dec 15, 2023
Piuscharity:

Not seen or heard if anyone who got today. Seen a few people that called IRCC and they said their profiles are ok and don’t know why they didn’t get, asked them to raise a web form. You could do the same.

Any changes so far ?

Nothing has changed at my end - No ITA or response.
I am looking forward to future draws right now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by May06: 6:28am On Dec 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

I would like to find out whether anyone has done their PR landing with a renewed passport. My passport will expire in April 2024. I am travelling this December. Is it advisable to renew my Passport in Nigeria before travelling to Canada?I will travel with both the old and new passport but I would like to know whether anyone (a) has done this, (b) if yes, please dkd you face any challenges because of this?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 7:09am On Dec 15, 2023
Bimffo:
Hello, so I just finished my studies in Canada and I have applied for PGWP.

So I am thinking of crossing my Student VISA to Express Entry.

Please how many months does it take to approve my Express Entry VISA as I am in Canada right now.

I need a good answer, please.

I don't think one just CrOSses over to an express entry visa (I think you mean PR). You have to enter the pool like everyone else.

Have you stimulated your CRS scores to know if it's competitive enough for a general express entry draw or the new category draws? Or to try the PNP route?

If no, page 1 is it...

If have an ITA and have submitted your docs. already, then the average take is 6 months...some less, some more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Breezy90(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2023
Profgordons:
Montreal and ADR are 5&6
I tell you. telling people to take a shot of their workplace grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrBnet: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2023
mercifull:

@mrBnet why don't you sell the shares, leave the balance in your bamboo and request an account statement from bamboo? The money will be there in dollars and you won't have to worry about exchange rates.

Not sure if Bamboo will be recognised by the IRCC. Do you know if they recognise fintech applications?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
Breezy90:
I tell you. telling people to take a shot of their workplace grin
Eh Wetin be this, shot of work place ke.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Breezy90(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Eh Wetin be this, shot of work place ke.
that visa office ehn.. anyway sha people dey scale am.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tinababe01: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please can anyone suggest a good ielts material to prepare for ielts exam?

Please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tinababe01: 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please is online degree/diploma accepted for express entry process?

Online degree, no physical class attended.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
Tinababe01:
Please is online degree/diploma accepted for express entry process?
Online degree, no physical class attended.
Check to see if you can evaluate it by WES or other ECA body.

ACCA, CIMA and other certifications are done online and can be accepted by IRCC for express entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
MrBnet:

Not sure if Bamboo will be recognised by the IRCC. Do you know if they recognise fintech applications?

Looks like this may have been why the agent said to liquidate into an investment account and not your Naira salary account: 1. to preserve the value of foreign currency & 2. so that the funds are in a financial institution).

People say they've used microfinance banks for FSW and IRCC doesn't define financial institution..... if you're unsure you could move to a regular bank as a normal $ current/dom (what the Canadians call chequing account) account balance or to one of the asset managers to be held in a $ denominated money market fund (Stanbic, FBN dem dem).

Like you already planned, an LOE (which is important here if the amount is the bulk of your POF) ties everything together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.