Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048060 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dayjeee(m): 2:07pm On Jan 07
Please do we still have active thread for PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zbk001: 10:58pm On Jan 07
Good evening, everyone, pls my question is, what is the process of applying
for work visa when an employer has offered one a job in Canada.

reference to link is appreciated too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 3:15am On Jan 08
Greetings err1,

I Have a question to ask. I have sibling who just bought the idea of moving to Canada with her 3kids, 2 from same father and the other a diff dad with Diff surname.

She's no longer with her current husband and wants to get her passport done, is it advisable to use her surname for all her kids when registering for passport for them in a bid to achieve uniformity or she should stick to the names they use in school. The eldest child is not up to 10years.

Suggestions please especially from folks who have been in similar position. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 5:46am On Jan 08
Jacknn:
Greetings err1,

I Have a question to ask. I have sibling who just bought the idea of moving to Canada with her 3kids, 2 from same father and the other a diff dad with Diff surname.

She's no longer with her current husband and wants to get her passport done, is it advisable to use her surname for all her kids when registering for passport for them in a bid to achieve uniformity or she should stick to the names they use in school. The eldest child is not up to 10years.

Suggestions please especially from folks who have been in similar position. Thanks in advance
It is cooler to keep the names as they have been. The most important thing is to get consent letters from the fathers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chimzyblack(m): 9:02am On Jan 08
"If you evaluate/complete an online course like CIMA, ACCA, BCS, indicate "distance learning" in CAPs, in bracket after your education and update location as your country of residence during course otherwise the system may automatically require a UK PCC."

I read the above statement from the first page.
Can someone throw more light on this, I'm a little confused.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chimzyblack(m): 9:14am On Jan 08
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 10:08am On Jan 08
chimzyblack:
"If you evaluate/complete an online course like CIMA, ACCA, BCS, indicate "distance learning" in CAPs, in bracket after your education and update location as your country of residence during course otherwise the system may automatically require a UK PCC."

I read the above statement from the first page.

As an illustration, consider the British Computer Society (BCS), an organization based in the UK. If you list a BCS certificate which you sat for in Nigeria, during the certificate evaluation process, it will indicate that the certificate was issued by a UK-based organization (That is if you specified UK as the location of the study). Consequently, the system may think that you took the exam in the UK, which would trigger a request for a police report.

To avoid this issue, when completing your EAPR, include "distance learning" in brackets after any certificate obtained in Nigeria but issued by a foreign organization.

Also, if like me you already made the mistake of putting UK as the location of study for a certificate you obtained via distance learning in Nigeria, you can write an LOE to back it up and attach proof too.

Hope this is helps.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 10:17am On Jan 08
chimzyblack:
[b]"If you evaluate/complete an online course like CIMA, ACCA, BCS, indicate "distance learning" in CAPs, in bracket after your education and update location as your country of residence during course otherwise the system may automatically require a UK PCC."[/b]I read the above statement from the first page.
Simple to understand as stated. Those are exams provided by other country (international). You're taking them from a different country. If you show you have any of the certificates, it's expected to show how you obtain it (distance learning/online).

"Police certificates (PCC) are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years or since the age of 18. PCCs are required for the Principal Applicant, spouse and dependent children - your children, your spouse's children who are 18 years of age or older".

Since you obtain the certificate online without visiting the country (UK), it's safe to indicate that in your application.

Failure to do that, you'll be required to show PCC for UK.
(You can raise a letter of explanation (LOE) if you're already a victim)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chimzyblack(m): 11:16am On Jan 08
ezzylee:

As an illustration, consider the British Computer Society (BCS), an organization based in the UK. If you list a BCS certificate which you sat for in Nigeria, during the certificate evaluation process, it will indicate that the certificate was issued by a UK-based organization (That is if you specified UK as the location of the study). Consequently, the system may think that you took the exam in the UK, which would trigger a request for a police report.

To avoid this issue, when completing your EAPR, include "distance learning" in brackets after any certificate obtained in Nigeria but issued by a foreign organization.

Also, if like me you already made the mistake of putting UK as the location of study for a certificate you obtained via distance learning in Nigeria, you can write an LOE to back it up and attach proof too.

Hope this is helps.
Thanks, now fully understood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kembo: 11:52am On Jan 08
Hello everyone. Please does anyone have the list of email addresses to send an email to if your permanent residency application is taking too long after submission? Or any suggestions on what I can do? Calling them has not yielded result, I'm still stuck on 'Background check in progress'.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08
Thanks, I am studying for the ACCA exams for an added certificate.

ezzylee:

Hope this is helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08
79733139:
Thanks, I am studying for the ACCA exams for an added certificate.

All the best in the exams.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovems(f): 7:06pm On Jan 08
Hello, I have a friend whose husband will be 42 this month. Studied French in his BSC and Masters. Has been a French teacher in a secondary school for about 10years. What are his chances of migrating through the Express Entry route without having to go through Provincial Nominee Program since they don't have anyone in Canada?
NB the wife is a nurse.

Cc @ GraciousWords
ednut
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08
Ovems:
Hello, I have a friend whose husband will be 42 this month. Studied French in his BSC and Masters. Has been a French teacher in a secondary school for about 10years. What are his chances of migrating through the Express Entry route without having to go through Provincial Nominee Program since they don't have anyone in Canada?
NB the wife is a nurse.

Cc @ GraciousWords
ednut

Not all Provincial Nominee Programs require that you have family in Canada (Ontarios PNP is a good example).

There’s an express entry stream for French speakers. So your friend can write TEF and hopefully qualify for that stream depending on IRCC’s mood.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by djwealth: 8:55pm On Jan 08
Elders in the house pls respond to this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PrincessAriel(f): 9:06pm On Jan 08
Good evening everyone. It's a pleasure to be here among great minds.

I'm a 25yr old Lawyer (2yrs post call) who wants to start this Express Entry route. Please what are the best materials to prepare for IELTS exam?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08
PrincessAriel:
Good evening everyone. It's a pleasure to be here among great minds.

I'm a 25yr old Lawyer (2yrs post call) who wants to start this Express Entry route. Please what are the best materials to prepare for IELTS exam?

Thank you.

There's an IELTS thread on here - https://www.nairaland.com/1866942/ielts-share-experience-ask-questions/157

You can check to see various preparation material recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PrincessAriel(f): 10:15pm On Jan 08
ezzylee:

There's an IELTS thread on here - https://www.nairaland.com/1866942/ielts-share-experience-ask-questions/157

You can check to see various preparation material recommendations.

Thank you very much.😊
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PrincessAriel(f): 10:18pm On Jan 08
Please those that used IQAS for LLB evaluation, the transcript selection mode, what should I select? Or preferred choice?

Cc
Hamza05
nymphomaniac

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 11:16pm On Jan 08
PrincessAriel:
Please those that used IQAS for LLB evaluation, the transcript selection mode, what should I select? Or preferred choice?

Cc
Hamza05
nymphomaniac
mailed. Your school will also send an email to them as well from their official email. Pls reconfirm this information from anyone who used IQAS recently as I did mine 2020

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 4:06am On Jan 09
aestake:

It is cooler to keep the names as they have been. The most important thing is to get consent letters from the fathers.

Omorr dat one get as e be o,lol kaux both fathers are not in good terms at all,for the other one sef she doesn't want to even let him know she wants to japa. In a scenario like dis,how best can she handle it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 4:11am On Jan 09
aestake:

Can I PM you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 6:42am On Jan 09
Ovems:
NB the wife is a nurse.

Cc @ GraciousWords
ednut
Your friend stands a very good chance, but mostly under PNP routes. They could easily qualify under healthcare or under French draws in Ontario or Alberta. Your friend needs to also do some research herself. It's enough for her to know that she stands a very good chance. She should take it from there. Nobody will do the work for her.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adigun27: 7:46am On Jan 09
Anybody who has car for sale just for japa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 8:47am On Jan 09
Jacknn:

Can I PM you
Nope.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by eniola1010(m): 3:00pm On Jan 09
Please house something is confusing me that i need clarification for

1) does the work a student did in canada (part time obviously because its 20hours per week) count towards work experience in canada for fsw pr route?

2) we all know that most student are doing care work which is considered as teer4-5, do this kind of work qualify for the fsw pr route, because i think only teer0-3 qualifies for fsw pr route, am i wrong or not please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PrincessAriel(f): 7:25pm On Jan 09
nymphomaniac:
mailed. Your school will also send an email to them as well from their official email. Pls reconfirm this information from anyone who used IQAS recently as I did mine 2020

All the best

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 9:19pm On Jan 09
Jacknn:

Omorr dat one get as e be o,lol kaux both fathers are not in good terms at all,for the other one sef she doesn't want to even let him know she wants to japa. In a scenario like dis,how best can she handle it
The best way to handle it is to not take his child anywhere without his consent. It’s wrong. Even if she succeeds, one letter from him to the Canadian embassy and those kids are getting deported since they are minors. It’s child kidnapping. Your friend better be aware.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 12:37am On Jan 10
littyprincess:

The best way to handle it is to not take his child anywhere without his consent. It’s wrong. Even if she succeeds, one letter from him to the Canadian embassy and those kids are getting deported since they are minors. It’s child kidnapping. Your friend better be aware.

Thank you very much for this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.