Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1052529 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by HunterConcept: 7:34am On Jan 24
So10:
MY PPR STORY

First IELTS- December 5th 2020
WES for BA and CIIN- March 15th 2021
EE Profile - March 15th 2021 (CRS 471)

Silence.......

Second IELTS- June 10th 2023
EE ITA - July 6th 2023 (Healthcare category)
Medicals- July 27th 2023
AOR - August 29th 2023
BIL - September 28th 2023
Biometrics- October 4th 2023
Medicals completed
Eligibility completed
Biometrics: in progress
Background verification: in progress

Silence......

Raised Webform for update- November 10th 2023

Ghost update- November 13th 2023
Ghost update- November 20th 2023
All tasks completed (Biometrics & Background verification)- November 20th

PPR - November 28th
Sent passport via courier to VFS Abuja- November 30th
COPR- January 23rd

*Testimony

I've always known I didn't want to stay in Nigeria and I was hoping to use Masters to japa after my undergraduate degree but Buhari became President and funds dried up, so I moved on.

But it just kept coming up in my head that I'm wasting my time here because career wise, I wasn't progressing. My mum had told me to try this thing but it seemed difficult and I knew the money wasn't exactly there so I didn't want to stress myself.

One day I reconnected with a childhood friend in PH. We hung out and everything was fine but one week later I had a call from an international number. (Oga had japad to Canada)

We talked for almost five hours on the process etc. This was the turning point for me. (November 2019) I started doing my research on nairaland and by February 2020, I paid for IELTS but then covid happened and everywhere shut down so I relaxed. Didn't write that IELTS until December that year. Everything was going well and I was confident ITA was coming because my CRS was 471 but alas draws stopped happening and I lost hope again.

My IELTS expired and I refused to rewrite because checking the projections, it was a waste of money since my score was not that high plus my birthday was around the corner but I kept seeing people getting PPR then the category draws were announced and my sister advised me to check Healthcare since my noc was closely matched with some professions there.

That's how I wrote another IELTS and less than two weeks after my results were out, I had gotten ITA with the Healthcare draw(my crs was 468, the cutoff was 463).
And that was the beginning of a stressful but fulfilling journey.

On November 28th I got my PPR, almost three months after I submitted my application. God is indeed good 
It has ended in praise.

Toronto or Calgary. Here I come🥳🥳

Congrats mate!!
Please what’s your healthcare profession? And you NOC please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by markrocket: 9:30am On Jan 24
suzzyrims:

You will pay 50,000.00 to the institute. Your transcript will be sent electronically to WES. You can check the requirements on CIIN portal.

alright, but do you know if the certificate verification will give me the two or more degrees. I want to know if i would pay for the the next stage that is diploma. because i have completed the certificate stage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by markrocket: 9:56am On Jan 24
anyone here get into canada with lien funds? is it risky, is it something the ircc can discover. i dont really have up to the POF requirments but i have what can carry me till i get a job. prices of things are really expensive now. just plane ticket is more than a million!!. and i also dont want to put myself in trouble as well and get banned
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hafdol(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24
Hi

Could you please help with the materials you used for Celpip, i plan on writing mine by March, here's my email, muminfad@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hafdol(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24
[quote author=ThatgalJ post=126108542]

Hi

Could you please help with the materials you used for Celpip, i plan on writing mine by March, here's my email, muminfad@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 4:38pm On Jan 24
Yes, the certification depends on the post you are applying for.

Ambitious27:

Are construction jobs easier to get and are there any certifications needed to get them??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by brownskilo(m): 7:32am On Jan 25
Hello House, please I’m in the process of applying for MPNP, please can I combine years of experience from two NOC codes to earn 4 years of experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by leopardinatree: 9:48am On Jan 25
Please, quick question regarding change of employment status:

does one need to have a job at the time of ITA? is it possible to be unemployed at the time but still be eligible for a particular ITA draw or must you be in the employment which you are claiming points for? Also what if you get employment within days of the ITA but it is in a different teer than the one that was drawn on ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 12:27pm On Jan 25
leopardinatree:
Please, quick question regarding change of employment status:

does one need to have a job at the time of ITA?
is it possible to be unemployed at the time but still be eligible for a particular ITA draw or must you be in the employment which you are claiming points for? Also what if you get employment within days of the ITA but it is in a different teer than the one that was drawn on ITA?
Doesn't matter. You can be unemployed or employed. The work experience you're claiming must be within the last 10years. You can combine several NOCs and jobs but one of them, the primary noc must be 1 year continuous.

Read page one of this thread or read on the IRCC website for better understanding.
You can reach out to me for a paid consult if you do not have time to read. I will give you every info on a platter of gold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by leopardinatree: 3:30am On Jan 26
studycenter:
Doesn't matter. You can be unemployed or employed. The work experience you're claiming must be within the last 10years. You can combine several NOCs and jobs but one of them, the primary noc must be 1 year continuous.

Read page one of this thread or read on the IRCC website for better understanding.
You can reach out to me for a paid consult if you do not have time to read. I will give you every info on a platter of gold.

Thank you Sir, now before you charge me for my laziness, i have gone over page 1 religiously but i still have 1 question. My profile is about to expire in a few days, how do i go about getting the NOI to the new profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oniqer: 3:54am On Jan 26
Hi, enter the pool. Ontario does health draws and they take pharmacists.
AdwoaBee:
Hiiii everyone I’m new here.I have some few questions
I am a newly qualified pharmacist from Ghana and I want to relocate using the express entry route.Do I stand a chance of getting it even though I don’t have experience (I only have 1 year experience of working for the government) Can that be used to show work experience? I need your input about how to go about my application so I can actually relocate through express entry.Or should I wait and gain experience before entering the express entry? I’m turning 26 this year…Please help 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GentleBobo: 6:32am On Jan 26
studycenter:

Please, I have 3 questions on the travel history section of the ITA form to ask.

1. When filling out the travel history, do I have to include travel from my home country to Canada when I first moved to Canada? I haven't been to my home country since I move to Canada

2. Is it mandatory to include travel stamps, and what do I do in the case where I have entry stamp on my passport but no exit stamp?

3. Do I have to include road trip of less than a day across borders as part of my travel history?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Phabulous4(m): 7:29am On Jan 26
Are you saying it better him to go ahead with the HND rather than the BSc, can he use both?

I'm also in Mod basketball, but considering Conversation after my ICAN program which I will write my last paper in May.

I need advice, should I still go for the conversion or start the process with my HND and ICAN. I have over 6 yrs experience in Fiance, audit and control. Also I'm married with one child.
klexycole:

That's correct.

If you evaluated both your ND and HND with WES, then yes, you qualify for Two or More Certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sirwifi: 7:29am On Jan 26
adegoks1234:
Hi everyone, silent observer here. It's PPR time!

EE profile created - 22/09/2023

Alberta PNP nomination - 18/10/2023

ITA 24/10/2023 Alberta PNP EE

AOR 12/11/2023

Biometrics payment request 09/12/2023

Biometrics payment receipt uploaded 11/12/203

BIL 03/01/2024

Medical request 04/01/2024

Biometrics done and updated 09/01/2024

Medical done 09/01/2024

Medical passed 12/01/2024

2 Ghost updates 16/01/2024
Final decision on GC key tracker 16/01/2024, Tracker not updated yet.

COPR number on tracker, eligibility and Background completed - 17/01/2024

Golden email (RFV) - 17/01/204.
CIO Sydney N/S.

Thanks to the moderators of this group.

Hi , I’m in Alberta currently, I want to know more about the Alberta pnp
i message you please respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 9:15am On Jan 26
Phabulous4:
Are you saying it better him to go ahead with the HND rather than the BSc, can he use both? HND

I'm also in Mod basketball, but considering Conversation after my ICAN program which I will write my last paper in May.

I need advice, should I still go for the conversion or start the process with my HND and ICAN. I have over 6 yrs experience in Fiance, audit and control. Also I'm married with one child.
Evaluate your ND and HND together to get two or more certificate equivalent. ICAN is not recorgnized.

Modified: why you go clone experienced user username come the ask inexperienced question Show some respect togrin @phabulous88

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 9:50am On Jan 26
leopardinatree:

Thank you Sir, now before you charge me for my laziness, i have gone over page 1 religiously but i still have 1 question. My profile is about to expire in a few days, how do i go about getting the NOI to the new profile?

You will have to create a new profile, send an email to OINP with your new EE number and job seeker code, ask them to transfer and update your nomination on the new profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 9:51am On Jan 26
studycenter:

Modified: why you go clone experienced user username come the ask inexperienced question Show some respect to @phabulous88

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GentleBobo: 11:29am On Jan 26
Please house, I would appreciate answers to these questions. Thank you 🙏🏽

GentleBobo:

Please, I have 3 questions on the travel history section of the ITA form to ask.

1. When filling out the travel history, do I have to include travel from my home country to Canada when I first moved to Canada? I haven't been to my home country since I move to Canada

2. Is it mandatory to include travel stamps, and what do I do in the case where I have entry stamp on my passport but no exit stamp?

3. Do I have to include road trip of less than a day across borders as part of my travel history?

Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 11:45am On Jan 26
brownskilo:
Hello House, please I’m in the process of applying for MPNP, please can I combine years of experience from two NOC codes to earn 4 years of experience?

Yes. This is what I intend doing once my WES assessment is done. For me, it's 2 NOC codes in the past 10 years of employment.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 11:48am On Jan 26
Does anyone here have any idea how long FUTA takes to send transcripts to WES. I have made the payment on their etranscript.futa portal since November 17th... still my progress is on "Payment confirmed", I'm still waiting for the progress to move to "Application verification".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 3:30pm On Jan 26
ganie:
Can a company whose status is inactive on the CAC website be used for EE application under work experience?
pay your Annual return naa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jerrycares247(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26
jayF19:

Received, thanks

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I would like to know if you did anything to get your passport back or whether VFS later had an update prior to you receiving your passport. My wife's passport was counter-foiled on the 19th of January 2024 and till now, the VFS tracking still remains under processing at IRCC Ghana.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oddscorner: 8:24pm On Jan 26
79733139:
Does anyone here have any idea how long FUTA takes to send transcripts to WES. I have made the payment on their etranscript.futa portal since November 17th... still my progress is on "Payment confirmed", I'm still waiting for the progress to move to "Application verification".

You have to call them to speed it up. When I collected mine last year, I wasted over one month waiting for them to send it to WES after paying on the portal. It wasn't sent until I called the exam and records office. Preferably, if you have someone in Akure, send the person there, it will be done immediately.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26
Oddscorner:

You have to call them to speed it up. When I collected mine last year, I wasted over one month waiting for them to send it to WES after paying on the portal. It wasn't sent until I called the exam and records office. Preferably, if you have someone in Akure, send the person there, it will be done immediately.

Okay, thanks. I have just sent a message including your reply to my friend who is now a lecturer there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26
studycenter:
Evaluate your ND and HND together to get two or more certificate equivalent. ICAN is not recorgnized.

Modified: why you go clone experienced user username come the ask inexperienced question Show some respect togrin @phabulous88

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Msticks: 12:33am On Jan 27
experts in the house, please help me.
Am i to do medicals upfront before submitting my application for pr?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 1:14am On Jan 27
Msticks:
grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 3:36am On Jan 27
Msticks:

If you have already done medicals as part of a previous application, then upload the printout sheet and the medical report form.

However if not, then upload a blank document and wait for IRCC to send you instructions on when to get your medical exam.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 6:23am On Jan 27
Oddscorner:

Please do you by any chance still have the phone number of the "exam and records officer"?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by milliondollarma: 6:30am On Jan 27
phabulous88:

Was the one year work experience with the Government as a Pharmacist?

If yes, then you can immigrate as a Pharmacy Assistant through Express Entry, and specifically through the Healthcare targeted draws.
And the good thing is that what you need is 6 months of experience.

Evaluate your credentials using the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) - https://pebc.ca/pharmacists/document-evaluation/applying-for-document-evaluation/#Express

It will be evaluated as a BSc in Pharmacy, and equivalent to a Professional degree.
https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/142#64074188

If you score a minimum of 8,7,7,7 (LRSW) in IELTS, your score should be 444. The last healthcare draw was 431

Also because your worked with the ‘Government’ you’ll most likely get an ADR, which is not an issue.

Still do your research online.

All the best.

Hello, My wife is currently doing her 1yr internship program as an intern pharmacist. Please can we start this process. I'm an Engr and we have two kids. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 6:38am On Jan 27
milliondollarma:

Hello, My wife is currently doing her 1yr internship program as an intern pharmacist. Please can we start this process. I'm an Engr and we have two kids. Thanks

Insofar as it’s a paid internship, then it should count.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dayjeee(m): 7:12am On Jan 27
onuwaje:

Do your WES evaluation
Write IELTS (get a minimum 8777)
Have POF of 10k cad
Make sure you have a relative in the provinces
Apply for your EOI (Expression of Interest)
Get a confirmation mail
Receive a LAA (letter of advice to apply, you have 60 days)
Submit all required documents and pay the non refundable fee of 500 CAD
Wait for Nomination

Timeline can't specify

what about people that don't have relatives in province

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.