Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049309 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 10:48pm On Apr 05
thug:

I did locum pharmacist way back 2020 to 2021 after which I have my license. Can I convert the locum which has similar job descriptions as a pharmacy technician or assistant so as to apply for the category base under healthcare since pharmacy is not there.
I need urgent reply from experience individual pls.

Check the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

You need at least 6 months experience in the last 3 years. Your job title does not matter, your job duties should match the job description of the NOC code you're choosing.

Please read page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buchito1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 05
CornOak:

Hi Buhito,

Quite a long while, how's Canada treating you.

Regards.

Oh wow! Thought I’ve been gone for so long and no one would have recognized me! grin

But yeah, Canada has been hitting gbas gbos! But we always keep learning and re-strategizing!!! Trust me, shittt ain't easy here sad

Country keeps getting worse daily. Life as a whole, immigration process, especially if you live in BC, Ontario or maybe Alberta

I really feel for these new International Students coming in, especially when you don’t plan or have $$$ because………. Canada isn’t the way it was as at 2021-2023

Will I say Nigeria is better? Hell No!!!

So my advice? y’all get your shitttts together, plan extremely well and get in here! grin Let’s dominate in this country together, help each other, suffer together (maybe) grin till e better and eventually cast these fvcking Indians outta this country!!!

I wish everyone a smooth ride. Including me cheesy
As school don finish and I don begin find PR (almost mission impossible for this stupid BC ) angry

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tcrown2020(f): 4:52am On Apr 06
buchito1:

Oh wow! Thought I’ve been gone for so long and no one would have recognized me! grin

But yeah, Canada has been hitting gbas gbos! But we always keep learning and re-strategizing!!! Trust me, shittt ain't easy here sad

Country keeps getting worse daily. Life as a whole, immigration process, especially if you live in BC, Ontario or maybe Alberta

I really feel for these new International Students coming in, especially when you don’t plan or have $$$ because………. Canada isn’t the way it was as at 2021-2023

So my advice? y’all get your shitttts together, plan extremely well and get in here! grin Let’s dominate in this country together, help each other, suffer together (maybe) grin till e better and eventually cast these fvcking Indians outta this country!!!

As school don finish and I don begin find PR (almost mission impossible for this stupid BC ) angry
It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by eniola1010(m): 8:29am On Apr 06
please guys, how long does it take someone to be a citizen in canada if such person is on pr?
also, when someone is a citizen, how easy is it for that person to bring his wife in and would the wife go through any ielts writing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 2:34pm On Apr 06
SemperFid:
I just got my ielts. Any advice pls? GraciousWords

Good IELTS but could be better. Aim for band 8 in listening. I'd advise you prepare to rewrite your IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 4:24pm On Apr 06
eniola1010:
please guys, how long does it take someone to be a citizen in canada if such person is on pr?
also, when someone is a citizen, how easy is it for that person to bring his wife in and would the wife go through any ielts writing?
1095 days (~3 years) within the last 5 years from the date you apply. Your wife must go through the same processes as everyone for citizenship by meeting the requirements. She needs clb 4. You can sponsor her for PR though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by iemfQ: 4:54pm On Apr 06
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Juddy2018: 5:07pm On Apr 06
Hi everyone Please I need advice on what to do now. I got this mail from New Brunswick, >>>>

Good day,

My name is Alicia, and I am one of the IEN Coordinators for New Brunswick. I see that you created a profile with us back in September of 2023, but we do not have any additional documents. If you are still interested in working as a nurse in New Brunswick, kindly provide me with a copy of your ECA, language test, CV, and a copy of your nursing registration from Nigeria. If you do not have a nursing registration, please provide me with a copy of your diploma.

Kind Regards,

Please I don't know what to do,
I applied through their IEN website last year, I have 5.5 in one of my IELTS band, the rest are 6.0 and above. And I have not done my ECA. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by folla: 5:12pm On Apr 06
If you don't mind doing care job for a year, you would be qualified for BC PNP. That would add 600 to your EE scores.

Cheers.

buchito1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SemperFid: 5:27pm On Apr 06
PanicButton:

Good IELTS but could be better. Aim for band 8 in listening. I'd advise you prepare to rewrite your IELTS.

Okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:35pm On Apr 06
buchito1:

It'll work out I believe... Is it possible to move to another province?

Also what's up with the Indians? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dest4real(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06
Lastbornbuns:

1095 days (~3 years) within the last 5 years from the date you apply. Your wife must go through the same processes as everyone for citizenship by meeting the requirements. She needs clb 4. You can sponsor her for PR though.

It's "within the last 5 years" I don't really understand. Can you apply to become citizen after 3 years of continuous stay in Canada after PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by presido997(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06
Good day everyone, pls I’m a newbie here and I have few questions to ask about Canada PR
I just want to start my relocation process and I’m using my Msc certificate and HND, ND, I will submit the Msc to wes and upload the HND and ND certificate, secondly what’s the chances of getting my PR with Msc certificate and 7.5 band IELTS score and 3 years working as a civil engineer in Nigeria for a first time traveler. I will be glad in having answers to my question pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chinwendufedi: 7:18pm On Apr 06
I worked in Marketing and Communications, but the role I'm aiming for is in Business Analysis. It's quite different, but mehhnnn I really wanted to try it out.
SeunnlaA:
Yes, it's easily verifiable during eligibility checks.

If the roles are similar, leave it like that. Work on the job descriptions (which wasn't in the study permit) as this is the key thing that justifies your eligibility for anu NOC

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mbapelvis: 7:40pm On Apr 06
GraciousWords:

Bilingual is exactly what IRCC is looking for! Study page 1 and start the process - it's entirely possible you'll be spending Christmas in Montreal!
Please call can I have your email address? I wish to present a problem to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buchito1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06
folla:
If you don't mind doing care job for a year, you would be qualified for BC PNP. That would add 600 to your EE scores.

Cheers.

as we speak right now, points for Care Jobs for BCPNP is sitting at 90 grin

Almost impossible to achieve if you do the maths!

It’s chaos right now I must say! angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buchito1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06
aurorae1:

It'll work out I believe... Is it possible to move to another province?

Also what's up with the Indians? grin

Amen!!! Relocating right now ehn! grin

Walahi I’m not caught up for it. It’s stressful.
Plus what’s the point relocating when you don’t have a job at where you’re moving to?

No be Agbado and Dodo I go chop nau grin

Anyway, I’ll move once I get a better job.

Indians? Let’s not go there! Make we save that one for when you land Canada wink grin

Experience is obviously better tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 10:56pm On Apr 06
presido997:
Good day everyone, pls I’m a newbie here and I have few questions to ask about Canada PR
I just want to start my relocation process and I’m using my Msc certificate and HND, ND, I will submit the Msc to wes and upload the HND and ND certificate, secondly what’s the chances of getting my PR with Msc certificate and 7.5 band IELTS score and 3 years working as a civil engineer in Nigeria for a first time traveler. I will be glad in having answers to my question pls
Evaluate only Msc (leave HND and ND out)
Second question: use the CRS calculator to estimate your score (chances)

Read from the first page of this thread to get more understanding.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by presido997(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06
studycenter:
Evaluate only Msc (leave HND and ND out)
Second question: use the CRS calculator to estimate your score (chances)

Read from the first page of this thread to get more understanding.

Thank you for the response, hope they won’t request me to upload my bsc cos it’s not available, I calculated my CRS and it’s around 460
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 11:59pm On Apr 06
SemperFid:
I just got my ielts. Any advice pls? GraciousWords

Create a profile

There’s no point applying for remark. Write the IELTS results again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SeunnlaA: 12:50am On Apr 07
In my opinion, there's business analysis involved in managing a Marketing and Communications Business

Chinwendufedi:
I worked in Marketing and Communications, but the role I'm aiming for is in Business Analysis. It's quite different, but mehhnnn I really wanted to try it out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chinwendufedi: 4:28am On Apr 07
Thank you so much for your response. Are you saying I should leave my job role as Marketing and Communications, then choose the NOC that aligns to BA, and craft my job description to fit the NOC? Is that what you advice I do?
SeunnlaA:
In my opinion, there's business analysis involved in managing a Marketing and Communications Business

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lastbornbuns: 11:18am On Apr 07
dest4real:

It's "within the last 5 years" I don't really understand. Can you apply to become citizen after 3 years of continuous stay in Canada after PR?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rhoda21: 12:22pm On Apr 07
Rhoda21:
Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to this esteemed community to inquire if there are any like-minded individuals who are also looking for a roommate while searching for accommodation in Ontario, Canada.
I just got my copr and I’d be traveling to Ontario soon from Lagos, Nigeria.

I am a 29-year old single lady and I am looking for considerate individuals who understand the importance of compatibility and mutual respect in a shared living environment.

If you will be interested or know anyone who may be, please kindly reach out. I am eager to connect with you.

Thank you.

Please is there anyone here moving to Ontario soon? To cities like Toronto or neighboring cities?
Let’s connect…

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 1:40pm On Apr 07
buchito1:

Amen!!! Relocating right now ehn! grin

Walahi I’m not caught up for it. It’s stressful.
Plus what’s the point relocating when you don’t have a job at where you’re moving to?

No be Agbado and Dodo I go chop nau grin

Anyway, I’ll move once I get a better job.

Indians? Let’s not go there! Make we save that one for when you land Canada wink grin

Experience is obviously better tongue

I understand! grin
Godspeed!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rhoda21: 1:55pm On Apr 07
ezzylee:

IT’S PPR TIME!!!!!!

Ontario PNP nomination - 29/11/2023

ITA - 6/12/2023

AOR 23/01/2024

Golden email (RFV) - 26/03/2024

Thanks to everyone on this thread. Again, everything you’d need to complete this process is on here. Read page 1, and if there’s anything you need clarity on, ask questions. Someone is definitely gonna respond to you.

Thanks again everyone.

Do you mind me asking when you are planning to leave Nigeria for Ontario? I just got my PPR, also through ontario nomination. It will be nice to connect with a fellow Nigerian leaving soon too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:27pm On Apr 07
Rhoda21:

Please is there anyone here moving to Ontario soon? To cities like Toronto or neighboring cities?
Let’s connect…
You would notice that you will hardly get a response to this because the realities differ once you land here. The likelihood that the buddy system would not work is near 100%. So brace up like you are a one man or one woman gang because that is what it is in reality.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SemperFid: 2:45pm On Apr 07
phabulous88:

Create a profile

There’s no point applying for remark. Write the IELTS results again.

Okay thanks. I am creating my wes profile now and I selected the Canada IRCC application as against the standard WES application. The information i have is processing time is 35 days.

Then I used this ielts to evaluate my CRS and it's 394.

Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07
Rhoda21:

Do you mind me asking when you are planning to leave Nigeria for Ontario? I just got my PPR, also through ontario nomination. It will be nice to connect with a fellow Nigerian leaving soon too.

Hi Rhoda,

I’m not sure when I’ll be leaving, but I’m leaning towards August.

I still have a lot of things to sort out before I leave, so August has not been confirmed yet.

When would you wanna leave too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rhoda21: 3:14pm On Apr 07
ezzylee:

Hi Rhoda,

I’m not sure when I’ll be leaving, but I’m leaning towards August.

I still have a lot of things to sort out before I leave, so August has not been confirmed yet.

When would you wanna leave too?

Okay. That’s fine.
I plan to leave at the end of June.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rhoda21: 3:18pm On Apr 07
Profgordons:
You would notice that you will hardly get a response to this because the realities differ once you land here. The likelihood that the buddy system would not work is near 100%. So brace up like you are a one man or one woman gang because that is what it is in reality.

I totally get you.
My reason for asking was just incase anyone here may be in search of flatmates or shared accommodation like I am.
You are right though, it’s basically every man for himself.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pcachuks(f): 4:08pm On Apr 07
Hello, I have a question regarding my application process. I completed a master's degree on a part-time basis while being employed full-time. Currently, I have received an ITA and am in the process of finalizing my application. In it, I've detailed my bachelor's degree and a decade of work experience, ensuring there are no gaps. My query is: should I also mention my part-time master's degree in the personal history section, despite it already being included in the education section with a WES evaluation? I'm concerned about potentially creating a duplicate entry for the same period. I would greatly appreciate advice from anyone with relevant experience. Thank you in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.