Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) (21137 Views)

How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by shiffynaani(m): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
remi1444:
thanks boss.

Pls how do i login? What is the website and the username? Thanks
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by iAmChidiebere: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Please, I need help with a place for IT.
Currently in 200 level and it's time for our industrial training.
Any help will be appreciated.
I'm a newbie web developer but I'm a fast learner. Please guys.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by chariisGRACE(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20

Boss, I plan on going into UI/UX design.

Is a 60K laptop suitable to learn it? (that's my budget).

Are they jobs available?

Thank you
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2021
chariisGRACE:
tensazangetsu20

Boss, I plan on going into UI/UX design.

Is a 60K laptop suitable to learn it? (that's my budget).
Save up more. It will be a waste of money.

1 Like

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by chariisGRACE(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Like how much should be my budget?
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2021
chariisGRACE:

Like how much should be my budget?
At least 120 to 150 to get a folio or probook
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by jesmond3945: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

please learn coding especially algorithms. Thats where money is
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
jesmond3945:
Not true. Designers make a lot of money infact more money than coders from my own experience.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by jesmond3945: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Not true. Designers make a lot of money infact more money than coders from my own experience.
based on your own experience na. I am telling you that there is more money in coding than designing.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by chariisGRACE(m): 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
jesmond3945:

My head no go carry coding.

I'm a graphically inclined person. I will still go to college to study Architecture.

The UI/UX design is just for the main time...
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by SavageBoy: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Designers

What about cloud engineers?
I think these cloud guys are paid much
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by jbreezy: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
How much comfortable should i get in Javascript before jumping to react sir? I've learnt html and css...learnt those in 2 weeks and I've been practicing everyday..learnt all beginners' curriculum on javascript for 2 weeks (from variables to DOM) ...and I can say I know hw js works..Just wanna know if it's not too early to jump into react...Learnt python in less than 2 weeks (actually got me well prepared for JS) before I started js tho but pended going deeply cos I decided to delve into wed development...(Although I'm still going to get back to python jst for the fun of it)...So I'm just wondering if I should just study for more advanced books before I move into React cos I don't wanna get stuck
I used Learning Javascript by Ethan Brown and Eloquent Javascript to learn Js..Studied the two front to back...
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tosinhtml: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
chariisGRACE:

My head no go carry coding.

I'm a graphically inclined person. I will still go to college to study Architecture.

The UI/UX design is just for the main time...

You are making a mistake that you will probably regret. UI/UX design is where the money and talent is. If you are going to spend your time on something, spend it on something worth while.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by swagenity(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hello sir, you talked about learning Shopify on a previous thread, i learnt html,css and react and i want to start earning fast, what should i learn in Shopify
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
swagenity:
Hello sir, you talked about learning Shopify on a previous thread, i learnt html,css and react and i want to start earning fast, what should i learn in Shopify
Shopify theme Development both headless with hydrogen and monolithic.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by swagenity(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks very much sir, I'll definitely look into that,
I've been going through your posts and topics for the last few days,i can tell you're very passionate about getting young Nigerians out of poverty through tech, i really want to thank and appreciate you for your efforts,God bless you very much sir,
I'm jeff, I'm a CS student, i would be starting my 300lv in January, i started learning front-end development since October, i would do my IT at place that uses react , probably in june of next year,by end of it i know i would become more proficient in react and i would have set up my LinkedIn and my portfolio, and i see how you've really be hammering on learning DSA, it's one of our courses for next semester,but I'm 90% sure the lecturer would not teach it well, so i got Coding with mosh DSA course, I'm really going to focus on DSA next year ,Sir when I'm done with all these which will probably be the end of next year, can i contact you for opportunities recommendation??, Because I'm really tired of this poverty lifestyle, i don't mind forfeiting 10% of my salary for the 6 months as appreciation
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2021
swagenity:

Thanks very much sir, I'll definitely look into that,
I've been going through your posts and topics for the last few days,i can tell you're very passionate about getting young Nigerians out of poverty through tech, i really want to thank and appreciate you for your efforts,God bless you very much sir,
I'm jeff, I'm a CS student, i would be starting my 300lv in January, i started learning front-end development since October, i would do my IT at place that uses react , probably in june of next year,by end of it i know i would become more proficient in react and i would have set up my LinkedIn and my portfolio, and i see how you've really be hammering on learning DSA, it's one of our courses for next semester,but I'm 90% sure the lecturer would not teach it well, so i got Coding with mosh DSA course, I'm really going to focus on DSA next year ,Sir when I'm done with all these which will probably be the end of next year, can i contact you for opportunities recommendation??, Because I'm really tired of this poverty lifestyle, i don't mind forfeiting 10% of my salary for the 6 months as appreciation

Give the 10 percent to God o cheesy cheesy cheesy. I replied your PM. You are lucky you started early sef and you are studying the best course in the world computer science. Just be strong at DSA and poverty will never see your household cool cool

1 Like

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by swagenity(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Give the 10 percent to God o cheesy cheesy cheesy. I replied your PM. You are lucky you started early sef and you are studying the best course in the world computer science. Just be strong at DSA and poverty will never see your household cool cool
Thanks very much sir .
I'm really going to hammer down on dsa grin grin,
I'll reply to the pm
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by dsurest(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
nice
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by romeo411(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah you dont need jquery. Vanilla JS and PHP is okay but I will advise you to look at jamstack with React as that's the future of wordpress.
What material do you suggest that I use in learning web dev. I have been using one from Udemy by Angela Yu but I seem not to be making headway.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by genaro2000(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2021
romeo411:
What material do you suggest that I use in learning web dev. I have been using one from Udemy by Angela Yu but I seem not to be making headway.
You can check his past posts or topics. Though Angela Yu’s web course is not bad,she explains very well, though her JavaScript part is es5 and somehow outdated. Just go through his older posts or topics and you will get all your answer
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Saverin: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You are a big fan of platform Dev. What's your opinion on solidity development (Blockchain platform dev) especially in term of job availability and entry level barrier for newbie?
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Saverin:

You are a big fan of platform Dev. What's your opinion on solidity development (Blockchain platform dev) especially in term of job availability and entry level barrier for newbie?

The only thing I know about blockchain developers is that they are filthy rich I don't know anything about job availability or what you need to learn to become one.

1 Like

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Davidson1010: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2022
remi1444:
I have paid for the Javascript course. If you want I can share my login information with you.
I need it, pls
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by remi1444: 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
Davidson1010:
I need it, pls
Send a DM.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Davidson1010: 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
remi1444:
Send a DM.
Done
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Fhantom: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hello, I will like us to discuss. Pls How can I reach you

1 Like

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Lampert505(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2022
One of the best threads I’ve seen on nairaland...
Self learning is hard for me ngl, is there any mainly tech institutions in Lagos state where one can apply and learn any of his favorite niche?
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by Davidson1010: 11:58am On Jan 03, 2022
Lampert505:
One of the best threads I’ve seen on nairaland...
Self learning is hard for me ngl, is there any mainly tech institutions in Lagos state where one can apply and learn any of his favorite niche?
Mehn, is not easy learning on your own, mostly JavaScript. I was able to learn, HTML, CSS . But u see this JavaScript, I reserved my comments. But, I'm not saying JavaScript is hard o, but one needs somebody by the side.

1 Like

Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by chariisGRACE(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2022
HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation - core i5 (Quadcore) • 15.6” 4GB RAM 500G HDD hard drive available slot for SSD
Tensazangetsu20, please how do you see the above specs for 70K?
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
chariisGRACE:
HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation - core i5 (Quadcore) • 15.6”
4GB RAM
500G HDD hard drive
available slot for SSD

Tensazangetsu20, please how do you see the above specs for 70K?
Find out if the ram is upgradeable to at least 8 gig before buying.
Re: How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) by chariisGRACE(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Find out if the ram is upgradeable to at least 8 gig before buying.
Okay, boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Africa May Never Produce A Facebook, Groupon, Zynga Or Google / Association Of Programmers In Nigeria / Please Review My Price comparison engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.