Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) (43518 Views)

Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by MrCover: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2021
Update From . COM

A 26-year-old woman identified as Clara Jacob, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Jalingo, Taraba State, Reports.

An eyewitness who Notified On Facebook, Said that Clara and her friends were swimming at the hotel swimming pool on Saturday, October 30, when they noticed she was missing.

"We were at the pool this evening swimming when we noticed that she was struggling in the deep end of the pool. We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. We were just there trying frantically to get someone who could help to no avail. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out," the witness narrated.

The elder brother to the late Clara, Mr Jacob Joseph, who confirmed the sad incident to , said that the body has been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo to be deposited at the morgue.

The terribly shaken Joseph said he was surprised that a hotel maintains a swimming pool with a pool manager that cannot swim, who watched as a young woman died helplessly.

Today, the whole Taraba state mourns your demise ... ��Bella...
Had I know is always the last resort of everything..
If you knew you will not return, you wouldn't have gone out today....

Rip..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744469795847348&id=100008530634123

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by MrCover: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
See People's Comment On Facebook As Obtained By Below:

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by epondudu: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Naija BLOODY cover..
Kukuma change the name.

8 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by richmondefosa(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
shocked

Swimming is a survival skill that should be taught to all and sundry.

If you don't use it to save your life, you can use it to save the life of another.

My friend will always say: This is Nigeria, anything you see, take it like that.

RIP to the lady.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by brightisodje(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
the bar man should have given her long stick than leaving her there for over 30min embarassed I feel bad about this Rip to her I just hate buhari and it useless follows that man is a looter terrorist.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by delzbaba(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
and siggy don dey compete for news? Interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by ZhanVeera(f): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wow,
The pool manager doesn't know how to swim?? Fine

You her friends were watching your so called friend drown for almost 30 minutes? Fine

An inflatable swimming ring should always be used by learners
A staff who knows how to swim should be employed asap

Too many death
Rip clara cry

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by WibusJaga: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2021

We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out.
Quite ridiculous but very serious issue.
Why was there no Lifeguard employed in such a hotel? The hotel management should be held accountable.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Goldenboy842(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
Pool manager doesn't know how to swim?

Is swimming not the first test they give to pool managers.

Employment by who know man is bad.

49 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Noshitboi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
The pool manager should be arrested ASAP.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by lagusboyyy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
So sad.

May her soul rest in peace.

I fear large body of water more than anything in this world, because, no remedy once its adventure go wrong.

6 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by DonBenny77(m): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
They never learn... water no dey hear English.
RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by paulolee(m): 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
not too good in swimming n na so I take de fear anything called water except wen I wan use am for personal use..
broke up with a bea after being with her for 5 months bcox she pushed me into d pool even after I warned all my friends dt I cnt swim n I dnt do beach or pool party..
I struggled for my life while dey were all laughing asif its joke till my elder bro came in n helped me out..
I drank alot of pool water dt day, was drenched n furious...she apologized when she saw my anger, i shouted at her, broke up with her n almost pushed her into d pool before i left d scene......

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Orire01(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
Girl can't swim,. Pool manager can't swim?

This is Nigeria!.

My Signature

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by MrCover: 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
paulolee:

d news lack content,...pool manager dnt know how to swim? and how can dey stand n look at someone drowning for 30 mins? na madness abi she de twerk dey drown??

See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by paulolee(m): 6:48am On Nov 02, 2021
MrCover:

See More Photos Via www.. com
more photos of d crowd watching her drown or photos of her drowning? no let me swear for u o..

3 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by younglleo: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2021
paulolee:

d news lack content,...pool manager dnt know how to swim? and how can dey stand n look at someone drowning for 30 mins? na madness abi she de twerk dey drown??
grin grin grin grin
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Kingibiza(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2021
Rest on beautiful one
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by tillaman(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2021

Swimming Pool manager that cannot swim?
What a joke, the hotel management should be sued, that’s a lawsuit
Make the family cash out and bear their loss
Rip to the deceased

3 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by 69Ansour69: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2021
RIP ma'am

Buh Omo, those facebook comments for the picture nor be for here o grin

6 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by xynerise: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2021
Don't try to impress anybody in the pool. If you can't swim, just chook leg inside water and snap picture. No one will question you.

RIP to her
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
Rip
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
Pool manager don't know how to swim. But why is he there. Is it to take record and account on how people drown per day shocked
But I am surprised that her friends who were still swimming in that pool and saw what's going on can't go and help her out. It shameful that all they did is just to raise alarm and call the useless pool manager in that situation

2 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
RIP to her. Bikonnu, posting her dead body was highly unnecessary.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by jericco1(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
I don't as understand, is the pool as deep as the Pacific Ocean or the story is not yet finished?

You see someone drowning and you guys cannot pick yourselves to rescue her?

Well rest on..
I lost a friend at the pool too, it is really disheartening

3 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by RobotFather: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
Fjf
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Greatn3ss: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2021
Taraba of all places.. You no see anywhere to go swim na Taraba

2 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2021
Sad shit.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Quality20(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
is a hotel swimming pool suppose to be so deep that a grownup one will drown or others can't easily help a struggling one?

6 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by arthurwillia(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Gone too soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case / Man Blames His Village People For His Brother's Injury. Graphic Photos / Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.