Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow (1448 Views)

3bedroom Flat For Sale (new Building) @3.5m.....price drop / A Storey Building ( 3 Bedroom & Penthouse) For Sell / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hi, pls here is the picture of my building built with 9 inches blocks, but no pillars and parapets is made, is there any thing wrong please I need professional advice.

Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
Here is also another view of the building

Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by Officialgarri: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
On a stable ground, No.

But let's assume something is wrong, do you want to pull down the entire structure? grin

1 Like

Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Officialgarri:
On a stable ground, No.

But let's assume something is wrong, do you want to pull down the entire structure? grin
thanks. not at all, I just wanted to know. Because you get different opinion
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by ekineme: 5:04am On Nov 02, 2021
1.It depends on the quality of the block, the main function of the column(pillars) is to transfer the weight of the beam and the roof to the sub-structure
2. This building will likely develop crack in the future in an event of heavy vibration,explosion or renovation works that requires cracking of the wall.
4.Another observation Is that it will be affected by dampness as a result of capillary water which will also weaken the structure, u will start noticing this after plastering.

My advice and suggestions
1. If there's Ground slab(German floor) make sure the compound backfill (G.L)is below the Ground slab, this is to prevent the wall dampness as a result of both capillary action and permeability
2.install External column not necessarily now when ever you start noticing crack
3.the number and sizes of doors and windows will determine the durability of the structure hence minimize it since no column was introduced to bear the load to reduce the stress on the block wall
4.if it will be a rented out ensure no work is allowed like installing window AC etc that will further subject the block wall to future stress.
Always consult and engineer to simulate using softwares before carrying out construction.

2 Likes

Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by 1490ninety: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
Officialgarri:
On a stable ground, No.

[/s]
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by Godisgreatest1: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2021
samwhizzo:
Here is also another view of the building

How many layers of blocks after the lintel?
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2021
ekineme:
1.It depends on the quality of the block, the main function of the column(pillars) is to transfer the weight of the beam and the roof to the sub-structure
2. This building will likely develop crack in the future in an event of heavy vibration,explosion or renovation works that requires cracking of the wall.
4.Another observation Is that it will be affected by dampness as a result of capillary water which will also weaken the structure, u will start noticing this after plastering.

1. If there's Ground slab(German floor) make sure the compound backfill (G.L)is below the Ground slab, this is to prevent the wall dampness as a result of both capillary action and permeability
2.install External column not necessarily now when ever you start noticing crack
3.the number and sizes of doors and windows will determine the durability of the structure hence minimize it since no column was introduced to bear the load to reduce the stress on the block wall
4.if it will be a rented out ensure no work is allowed like installing window AC etc that will further subject the block wall to future stress.
Always consult and engineer to simulate using softwares before carrying out construction.
thanks for this advice.it’s a personal house, yeah. No German floor made from the beginning of the building, I’m yet to do the filling, or make the the floor. From the beginning there wasn’t plan for parapet since I’m using 9 inches blocks, it was later there was need and the person gave me assurance since the building is built with 9 inches he said no problem. Also plaster has been made and pop will soon commence.
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

How many layers of blocks after the lintel?

4 blocks after lintel
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2021
samwhizzo:
4 blocks after lintel
ekineme:

Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2021
ekineme:

in addition the lintel has been chained( the lintels are chained together )
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by Godisgreatest1: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
samwhizzo:
4 blocks after lintel

OK, usually its not the block that carries the weight but the pillars. The chaining you did round at the lintel level is an advantage. Good you didn't use stone-coated roofing. Just try to reduce the number of wall openings as much as possible. Good job Sir.
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by samwhizzo: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

OK, usually its not the block that carries the weight but the pillars. The chaining you did round at the lintel level is an advantage. Good you didn't use stone-coated roofing. Just try to reduce the number of wall openings as much as possible. Good job Sir.
ok. Thanks
Re: My 9 Inches Block Building 3 Bedrooms Bungalow by Xocan: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
samwhizzo:
Hi, pls here is the picture of my building built with 9 inches blocks, but no pillars and parapets is made, is there any thing wrong please I need professional advice.
hi good afternoon, pls how many room is this? And how much have u spent till this stage?
I want start mine that why am asking please..

(1) (Reply)

$750/ 1 Br In 2br Apt No Fees Available July 1 (boston, Ma: Usa) / 4 Bedroom Flat In Medium Housing Estate, Ogba / Tokunbo Lagos Cleared 2001/2002 Nissan Quest For 1.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.