Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car (11920 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2021
I am sure this has embarrassed most drivers before, sadly it will happen without notice to most Vehicles.

This Should guide will help you continue your trip and if you creative and can use tools, you can fix the problem your self .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRxW0GT_yN4

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Will add more info

2 Likes

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Grupo(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2021
Wow! This is an eye opener.

Thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Kingdemu: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2021
Very educative

1 Like

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Chrizzz: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na big man dey drive any car for this buhari regime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by buygala(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
I don't even know where the transmission shift cable is located in my vehicle ...May God not even allow me to be in a situation where I have to look for it smiley

All the same, I have saved the video...no knowledge is wasted smiley

E be like say Ebuka my neighbour go need am... Everytime Ebuka's BMW dey always block the rest of us from driving out, because that car chooses when and how it will enter gear sad ...and the silly nigga will always be the last in, blocking the gate angry

Oga Ebuka, if you are reading this just know the rest of us tenants have plans for you..one day we will tow out that your vehicle and deposit it at Apo mechanic village where it permanently belongs...You can't keep holding us to ransom na sad

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Kingpele(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Very educative
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
Very Good , informative and educative thread.

Thanks to the Car Guru Himself.

Thanks for all you do about cars on this noble Forum Chief GAZZUZZ.

You are appreciated.

We Rise.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by MRDEE01: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
ok
Nice one man
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Ogbodavies(m): 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
9ice
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Wokenaija: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Car problem is bad, worst thing is limp mode in your benzo! sad
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by jojo1415: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na BMW I dey drive bro
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ok
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by revived: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Okay
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Ezedon(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
Let me buy car first

1 Like

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by almsofgold: 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
Man with many powers.
can see your lad is toeing the path.
hope this won't put you on any mechanics hitlist? grin
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
We go soon buy our own car Insha Allah wink

1 Like

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by moscobabs(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
grin
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by dheaven: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
Knowing how to fix minors errors yourself is a life saver.
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by anambraamaka: 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
Thanks
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by graphics105: 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
cool
Lemme read well cos I might buy one in the future.
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Boogyman557: 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by lonelydora: 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
Gazzuzz, nwoke ike
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by BlackfireX: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2021
Poor man and his car... grin grin grin grin
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by igbsam(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Happened to me lately. Its not fixing the issue that's the thing. You'll have to remove the covering around it carefully without damaging your formaica and so on.
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
It had to be Guzzuzz
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by slimcassi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
I am sure this has embarrassed most drivers before, sadly it will happen without notice to most Vehicles.

This Should guide will help you continue your trip and if you creative and can use tools, you can fix the problem your self .
Op nice DIY information.

But you should know that not all vehicles one can easily access the shift cable. I know about it when the 2009 Toyota Sienna at home developed the Same problem, the gear shift was too free wen shifting between gears but the vehicle did not engage.

Thought it was an electric fault, called the electrician, after several checks, the electrician discovered it was the shift cable, and it was a Sunday no mechanics available. He opted to do it himself due to experience.

Oga electrician almost dismantled the entire dashboard console just to locate the Shift cable, even after several parts been removed the Shift cable was still a problem to crab hold of completely, he just managed the space and room he had.

He did a little DIY with some parts of an old rubber slippers, cotton wool and super glue.

That got the job done.

1 Like

Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by Prenonjebose: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nice. I have not experienced this issue. I will save and watch later.
Re: DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car by femi4: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Never experienced such

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Hold And Use Your Gear Selector? (photos) / Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? / 2008 Camry Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.