Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers (204 Views)

Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association / Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers by Naijatask: 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Good day nairalanders, I am a final year student of the federal university of technology, Minna.

We were given an assignment concerning the Uber business.

As such, I'll be glad if some of my enquires could be answered.

Here are my questions:

1) How do you calculate the amount your passenger pays? Is it per km travelled, or there is a fixed price for every area?

2) do you collect money in cash, or the passenger pays online via the Uber app?

3) if the money is been collected in cash, how does Uber gets their cut?

4) what happens if there are 2 or more Passengers who wants to board the same cab? Eg, spouses. Will the amount they will pay remain the same as the amount being paid by a single person?

5) does Uber collects a fixed percentage from the driver, or do they collect their percentage based off the number of passengers?

6) while driving for Uber, do the drivers remain idle when there are no orders or can they carry out their day to day activities and only respond to an order if their is one?

7) On the Uber app, how does a passenger knows there is an idle driver? Is there a feature implemented for the drivers that they can push a button so as to notify the app that they are free?

I'll be glad if I can get the answers to the above listed questions.

Thank you all in advance.
Re: I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Start following this Uber drivers thread below to get all answer and more insights about how the system works. All the very best.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share
Re: I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers by Naijatask: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Start following this Uber drivers thread below to get all answer and more insights about how the system works. All the very best.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share

Thanks, I'll visit the thread to get my answers there
Re: I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers by tyeenigga(m): 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
1, per kilometers
2, cash and card
3, bolt gives discount, they can get commission through that or through card trip. If you are owing at the end of the week you will be instructed to pay else account temporarily suspended.
4, number of riders doesn't affect price.
5, fixed rate percentage
6, idle till next request hit you
7, no such button, rider just request and they get connected to a driver. Except all driver's are busy in rare cases or rush hour.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help From Professional Uber Drivers by Naijatask: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
tyeenigga:
1, per kilometers
2, cash and card
3, bolt gives discount, they can get commission through that or through card trip. If you are owing at the end of the week you will be instructed to pay else account temporarily suspended.
4, number of riders doesn't affect price.
5, fixed rate percentage
6, idle till next request hit you
7, no such button, rider just request and they get connected to a driver. Except all driver's are busy in rare cases or rush hour.
Good luck

Thanks alot for this. This is exactly what I needed.

(1) (Reply)

#50k Loan / Is This Possible / Solar Streetlight/floodlight Available For Pickup And Delivery Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.