Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Collapsed Building: Forensic Investigation Suggested - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Collapsed Building: Forensic Investigation Suggested (282 Views)

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / Five School Children Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Collapsed Building: Forensic Investigation Suggested by Validated: 2:35am On Nov 03, 2021
I am not here to trade blames but just to make suggestions. In Nigeria, when things happen everyone look towards one direction. Reading reactions, everyone is blaming the builder, calling him greedy, everyone is blaming the fact that 15 floors were approved but builder is building 21. Yes, we all have reasons to attribute blames to what seem obvious. However, in matters such as this there is neeed to look beyond the ordinary. I am sure noone will set out to start a building of this magnitude without being conscious of the risks of likely adverse events and stupidly go about cutting corners, especially giveb the fact that this same individual has had constructions in UK and SA, where building coded are clearly stringent and rigorous.
My curiosity was significantly aroused on learning that the MD of Fourscore home was also trapped in the rubbles. I am wondering how so coincidental that he was there at the time of the collapse. Except his office is permanentky situated in the uncompleted structure, which strongly doubt.
Could there have been sabortage? Could it be a coincident? This is why I think that the Federal and State governments need to preserve the site after the rescue effort and have forensic experts look closely at this unfortunate incident.
My 2 cents here.

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Collapse: Owner Of Building, Femi Osibona Discovered Dead / To Let::: Tastefully 2units Of 3bedroom Flat At Ajah + Pictures / Plot Of Land On Owolabi Street Off Branco Street Mafoluku Oshodi Lagos For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.