Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,364 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized (40227 Views)

₦‎8 Billion Probe : Ex-aviation Minister Hadi Sirika Spends Second Night In EFCC / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts / Lawal Daura Released From Custody, Passport Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by abc115: 4:34am On Nov 03, 2021
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has reportedly confiscated the passport of a popular socialite and businessman, Obinna Iyiegbu, aka Obi Cubana, who was arrested on Monday for alleged money laundering and tax fraud.

It was gathered that the seizure of his travel document was to prevent him from leaving the country while under investigation.

Checks revealed that the anti-graft agency quizzed the Anambra-born social media influencer for the second day on Tuesday at its Abuja, Jabi headquarters.

A source stated, “Obi Cubana has not been released, he is still having quality sessions with investigators over alleged money laundering running into millions of naira and tax fraud.

He will be released when he has satisfactorily responded to all questions relating to his involvement in various illegal deals. As part of investigation, his travel document has been temporarily seized pending the conclusion of investigations.”

The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed that the suspect is still in custody, however, said he has no information on the seizure of his passport.

Meanwhile, the Uyo Zonal Command of the EFCC has arrested 20 suspected internet fraudsters in a sting operation on Tuesday at three different locations in Calabar, Cross River State.
https://punchng.com/obi-cubana-spends-second-day-with-efcc-passport-seized/

9 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Yankee101: 4:36am On Nov 03, 2021
Fraudulent money is a shame

Remember you'll give a stewardship of your life after death

105 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by BBBmall25: 4:41am On Nov 03, 2021
ANY RICH MAN FROM SAINT OBI PANDORA TRIBE IS ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by yinkus6750(m): 4:46am On Nov 03, 2021
With all his investments in the country, where will he run to?
Despite seizing peoples passport, sone still flee the country.
Two nights interrogation is quite a long time.
Las las, he will go home, and court will take over.
We waiting for what the allegations are

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by EmptyGarden(m): 5:08am On Nov 03, 2021
It was only a matter of time.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by dokyOloye: 5:11am On Nov 03, 2021
Yankee101:

Is your money missing?

265 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Spherical77(m): 5:15am On Nov 03, 2021
All i know is no matter how poor i am, that doesn't block my sense of reasoning

I know there are many rich men in this country of ours whose source of income aren't genuine (irrespective of the tribe/ ethnicity)

Also, we Nigerians should stop glorifying evil or bad thing. We all know some government officials and politicians aren't holy. Nonetheless, that isn't an excuse going into crime or supporting crime

If my friend was a successful criminal without being caught. Does that gives me the liberty to go into crime? If i get caught even at first attempt then so be it. What is not good isn't good no two ways about it.

267 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by tuborme: 5:50am On Nov 03, 2021
You arrest, then start investigation � chai

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by donproject2(m): 6:10am On Nov 03, 2021
Normal flow. He was invited/arrested. He will be questioned. He will be released but his case will be transferred to court of law. Months to come, he will, occasionally be invited for hearings. But at last, his case will be swept under thick and dirty rug. That is the the flow of our crime commission and judicial system.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Sammy07: 6:11am On Nov 03, 2021
[s]
Yankee101:

[/s]

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Damidave1124(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2021
EFCC suddenly remembered him because the money he flaunts during his mother's burial.

17 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by JackDaAlienz(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2021
This is why I hate showing off Wealth

It's even far more dangerous to show off Wealth in a messed up country like Nigeria.
Ordinary Benz wey I use enter my guy neighborhood. If you see the way ppl for that street dey look me like say I'm the reason for their poverty.

The level of jealousy in this economy is crazy.

251 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Tissaia(f): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2021
Good one. The child factory lowlife drug Barron, IPOB sponsoring deadbeat terrorists thought he is above the law. He thought IPOB will give him Culiacán, Sinaloa.. surely he will rot in prison.

Igbos Chai....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by whytediamond(m): 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Nnemuka(f): 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Fulani government and their fish brain....

Someone has been there for over 10yrs doing business and living his life and he friends paid condolence visit over the death of his mom and boom he became a fraudster over night...

The fraudster in bourdillion is still at large, ABBA kyari has been reinstated while Obi is paying for burying his mom lavishly.

One Nigeria indeed

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by MozB: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Free the man to go home jare... If him money na fraud money, make una hold all these our politicians

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by cassidy1996(m): 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
When are they going to invite, all the politicians that destroyed this country

21 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Aremu01(m): 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Yankee101:

Pele o
Mr Judge
How sure are you his wealth is fraudulent

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Boogyman557: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Samiah33(m): 6:13am On Nov 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by bigcee(m): 6:13am On Nov 03, 2021
Yankee101:

3 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by DAVIDELUXED: 6:14am On Nov 03, 2021
I hope his legit. I hope there are no skeleton key in his cupboard.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Aufbauh(m): 6:15am On Nov 03, 2021
Obi Cubana should have himself to be blame for showing off wealth that is questionable. Probably he thought that he has tightened every loose ends, but there's no master key to a public door.

One sure thing about a case is that it's only you that knows what went wrong.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Wokenaija: 6:15am On Nov 03, 2021
Funny how they arrest you and then start the investigations.

11 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Sheunma: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
There is no rich person in Nigeria without shades, even the likes of Dangote and Otedola are not entirely clean. The deal is are you in the good book of the government of the day?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by alawiiyeyoruba1: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
EFCC having a time of their life.

REASONS TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK YORUBA LANGUAGE
With increasing exposure of Africa’s arts, culture and Norms through our music and movies, Yoruba Language has been gaining a lot of popularity, many foreigners and natives who reside abroad are interested in learning how to speak and understand the Yoruba language, also, lovers of arts and tourism will benefit hugely in knowing how to speak and understand Yoruba language, here are some major reasons why you may want to learn how to speak Yoruba.
1. To connect: Yoruba language has been described to have an estimation of about 50 million speakers, hence................ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/reasons-to-learn-how-to-speak-yoruba-language/

2 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by cassidy1996(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Yankee101:

4 Likes

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Naija4love(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
wink Well Abuja EFCC have the best cell in Africa, he's the first person tasting the Interrogation room I design grin grin grin he will come out soon the file too big to finished a day

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by Rahym001(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Leave the man alone, go after the real thieves in govt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized by jojo1415: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
All because he is igbo,young and wealthy cry

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai Buys Car For Adamu Barde Kagarko, APC Media Agent In Kaduna / Pictures Of President Buhari At The State House Mosque / These Pictures Show That Buhari Has Soft Spot For Little Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.